Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #31
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Yaaaaaaaay for getting Mickey Mail! It's always so exciting to receive it - it just makes the trip seem that much more REAL!

Yall are going to have a blast at 1900 Park Fare. I haven't been since they added in the Step Sisters, but everyone says they make it hilarious!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #32
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Just joining in. Your family is adorable and that cake looks awesome! We will be at POR a few weeks after you. Can't wait!
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #33
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi Jen.. loving the PTR.. i'm in!

You have a beautiful family and I think that cake turned out awesome! She must have loved it!

We are going next month and did the same math on the Moderate VS Value resorts with the gift cards. I don't think the price has ever been this close before but I am loving it!

Can't wait for more
Thanks, Lia! I just subscribed to your PTR...do any of our travel dates overlap or do I have to wait to find out???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
happy birthday to princess jilly! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures! That cake came out amazing! I love it!!

Yay for getting Mickey Mail!! Which travel packet is this? the ME one? Or the Disney one? I've been waiting for mine...what does it look like?! (Sorry, if you read my PTR, I'm a little worry wart! lol! ) I'm guessing it takes a little longer to get to Hawaii...hopefully it's on its way!!

I've heard OKAY things about CRT but I've heard good things about 1900 Park Fare!! Can't wait to hear more!!
Hi Keala! I'm glad you liked the pictures! I know some people apologize for posting big pictures but I'm a sucker for details!

I remember reading in your PTR that your travel packet had arrived at your mom's, so I started watching the mail! I think I received the ME package on Saturday, and the Disney one came yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandSulley View Post
Cute party! You did a great job on the cake!

I'm sure Jill will have a ball (pun intended) at 1900 Park Fare, that is a great Cinderella experience.
I LOVE the pun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan Fan 22 View Post
Yay for Mickey Mail!! And I'm with you on the wanting to start packing. I have all my disney shirts together on one side of my closet just waitng to be folded and packed!
Are there any guidelines for packing...I mean who decides what is too early?? I really want to know if I can pack one suitcase inside another so I can have an extra bag for souvies on the way home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Yaaaaaaaay for getting Mickey Mail! It's always so exciting to receive it - it just makes the trip seem that much more REAL!

Yall are going to have a blast at 1900 Park Fare. I haven't been since they added in the Step Sisters, but everyone says they make it hilarious!
You're right! It's a nice little reminder that we really are going!

I think reading about people's interaction with the Step Sisters is what finally made me choose 1900 Park Fare. I'm so excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Just joining in. Your family is adorable and that cake looks awesome! We will be at POR a few weeks after you. Can't wait!
Thanks for joining in! I just took a look at your PTR and will be subscribing! I'm glad you decided on POR...I also considered CSR based on the pictures and theming, but decided on POR after reading the reviews. Hopefully I can give you some info about the resort when I return!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #34
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Hi JEN!! So glad you started a PTR!! Happy Birthday to Jilly!! What a fantastic Cinderella Birthday!! The cake looked spectacular!! Jilly is completely adorable! My mom bought my daughter, Helen, a Cinderella dress at our Disney Store back in January and got it for $15!! She will be getting it for her birthday in 2 weeks!! I think it may be too big for her to wear for our trip though Jed's truck caught Gabe's attention, he has been really into monster trucks recently so he thought it was cool that Jed has his own Monster Truck!!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #35
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Now that you have gotten to know a little bit about us, let's move on to the itinerary!! (I should probably mention that DD4 is well over the 40" mark, but typically refuses to ride anything but the Carousel at our local theme park. I'll give you all an update on how she does this year, since it opens a couple weeks before our trip!)

DAY 1: April 28 (Following "Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children" from touringplans.com)

We will arrive in Orlando at approximately 10:00 AM (we were arriving earlier but I received an email stating our flight was being pushed back about 45 minutes...) I'm hoping for a good experience with the ME...it wasn't available when we went in 2003, and I read lots of mixed reviews. Is it possible that we'll be able to get to our resort, zip through the online check-in line, and be on a bus to Epcot by noon???

Once we arrive at Epcot (during the International Flower & Garden Festival ) I plan to make a quick stop at Guest Relations for a "My 1st Visit" button for DD4, then head straight to the Land Pavilion to grab some Soarin' fastpasses and pick up lunch at Sunshine Seasons. After lunch we'll ride LWTL.

Next we'll skip over to the Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk.

Moving on to the Imagination Pavilion, we'll visit my beloved Figment!! We might skip HISTA, since DD4 will probably be freaked out by it, and DH and I are not dying to see it again...

Then we'll head back to the Land Pavilion to use our Soarin' FPs and check out Circle of Life. After that we'll make the obligatory stop at SE. I think we'll pass on Universe on Energy, but try to detour to TT (yes I do realize the contradiction of NOT taking DD4 to HISTA but trying to drag her on TT...) which is not on the touring plan.

After that we'll head to WS, where I hope to ride Gran Fiesta (can't wait to see it with the addition of the Three Caballeros) and Maelstrom, then see the Dragon Legend Acrobats (those kids are amaaaaaaazing! ). I'm thinking we'll probably skip the American Adventure, look for Miyuki in Japan, and head over to Morroco to eat dinner at the Tangierine Cafe (other options are the Liberty Inn or Sommerfest). After dinner we'll head to France and pick up some baked goods at the Boulangerie Patisserie for the next day's breakfast, and check out the Fragrance Garden (maybe try the Bee Scavenger Hunt). Then we'll probably skip the O Canada! film and head back toward FW. I figured we could find a cozy spot near the WS Lagoon and let DD4 play in the Pixie Hollow Fairy Gardens or Let's Get Moving playground while we wait for Illuminations to begin! Then we'll follow the crowds, board our bus and head back to POR to get a few hours of sleep before rope drop at AK the next day! Phew!!!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013

Last edited by littlelovebug; 03-23-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #36
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Hi JEN!! So glad you started a PTR!! Happy Birthday to Jilly!! What a fantastic Cinderella Birthday!! The cake looked spectacular!! Jilly is completely adorable! My mom bought my daughter, Helen, a Cinderella dress at our Disney Store back in January and got it for $15!! She will be getting it for her birthday in 2 weeks!! I think it may be too big for her to wear for our trip though Jed's truck caught Gabe's attention, he has been really into monster trucks recently so he thought it was cool that Jed has his own Monster Truck!!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!!!
Thanks for checking out my PTR! Don't you absolutely love that Cinderella dress? It's so fun having a girl!!

Jed will be glad to hear that Gabe likes his truck. He bought it while I was pregnant with Jilly, and it was totalled. He and his friends spent a lot of time fixing it up and it turned out great! To top it off, he went to a truck show two summers ago, and as he was pulling in the parking lot, a guy waved him over to the side and said, "I want to put your truck on the cover of a magazine." They photographed it that day and that picture was used for the cover of Diesel World Magazine!

Happy planning!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #37
martinolichfamily
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
Jumped over to your PTR from Cory's Gal PTR!

Your plans sound great so far!

We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare last year...and we ALL loved it! Good food & a lot of FUN!!

Looks like ya'll had a great Cinderella Bday Party! to Jilly!

Can't wait to read more.
March 2007: 1st family vacation (off site) ~ July 2009: Fort Wilderness Cabin ~ July 2010: POP Century w/DxDP ~ April 2011:POP Century w/DP (Our 10 yr Anniversary Trip) ~ July 2012:1st Disneyland Trip(Desert Palms) ~ January 2013: offsite (DH & I) ~ July 2013: SS & AKL:Kidani (Brayden's 1st WDW Trip! & 1st DVC Trip!)~ November 2013: SS Treehouse & BC ~March 2014: Bonnet Creek (offsite) ~ June 2014: OKW
martinolichfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #38
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
I'm in!
Jumped over to your PTR from Cory's Gal PTR!

Your plans sound great so far!

We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare last year...and we ALL loved it! Good food & a lot of FUN!!

Looks like ya'll had a great Cinderella Bday Party! to Jilly!

Can't wait to read more.
Yay! I'm glad you liked 1900 Park Fare! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm getting ready to post some more details, so thanks in advance for reading along!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #39
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Day 2: April 29 (Following "AK One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children" from touringplans.com)

Hopefully we'll be able to drag ourselves out of bed after a long day of travelling and hitting up Epcot. I'd like to try to get on the AK bus by 8 AM (with our baked goods from Boulangerie Patisserie in hand) in order to make it to the entrance at least 25 minutes early.

After the opening ceremonies, we'll head straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris. Hopefully I can snap a good shot of the Lion King himself! Then we'll determine if DD4 is willing to board the KRR (I already bought some ponchos!) and check out the Maharaja Jungle Trek. While DD4 and I check out the Flights of Wonder, I'm hoping DH will swing over to EE for some FPs...we've never ridden and I really want to check it out, even if it means riding solo using the rider swap.

Next I really want to take DD4 to see ITTBAB but I keep picturing myself running out of the theater with her screaming...

After checking out the Tree of Life, we'll head to lunch at the Flame Tree Barbecue (or Pizzafari). Afterwards we'll explore Camp Minnie-Mickey and head over to FTLK. When we visited for our honeymoon in 2003 I was soooo disappointed to see this was closed for refurbishment. I had spent months telling DH how wonderful it was and was so sad that he couldn't see it.

Next we'll check out Finding Nemo (although I'm sad that Tarzan Rocks is gone, I'm excited to see this one) and play around in the Boneyard. If DD4 is willing we'll also try out Tricera Top Spin.

If it's close to parade time, we'll stick around and find a good viewing spot. If we get through everything earlier though, we might go back to the hotel for an afternoon break.

I have two alternatives for our evening plans:

1) Depending on what time we leave AK, take the bus straight to DD or take the boat from POR to DD and have dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express, then take the boat back to POR and hop on the bus for MK.

2) Go straight to MK (either from the resort or AK, depending on time) and have dinner at Columbia Harbour House.

Either way, we'll make a stop at the Chapeau so DD4 can use one of her birthday giftcards to make her own ear hat , then scope out some good seats for Spectromagic (my favorite parade!!! ) and end the night viewing Wishes! (Any good tips for viewing Tinkerbell's flight?)

Then we'll make the journey back to POR and hopefully fall asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow!! We'll need to get some rest if we want to make it to rope drop at MK the next day!

Last edited by littlelovebug; 03-24-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #41
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

To answer your question, unfortunately our trip dates do not overlap. We'll be home before you arrive

I have to say your Epcot touring plan is incredible!! Love it!! At AK, I suggest you don't miss the parade. And you have two of my ultimate FAV counter services to choose from that day... Wolfgang Puck's and CHH. If I *had* to pick one I'd choose Wolfgang Puck's. They have the most AMAZING gourmet pizzas and mac and cheese EVER! Columbia Harbour House has deliciousss fish and chips. It's all great no matter where ya end up. You have some great plans!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #42
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Finding a spot for your daughter to play before Illuminations is a great idea! I know we plan on leaving Epcot for dinner and then coming back to watch Illuminations that night. I haven't planned specifics because I figured we could just wing it and let the kids do whatever they wanted up until the show. I think "Let's get moving" will probably be a better fit for us since we have a 9-year-old and a 2-year-old. (I think it said Pixie Hollow's play area was just for 2-5 year olds.) If I run into you there maybe our families can walk over and watch Illuminations together!

I enjoyed Tarzan Rocks the one time I saw it too! But I have to say Finding Nemo:The Musical was my favorite thing on our last trip. Love, love, love that show!!
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #43
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
To answer your question, unfortunately our trip dates do not overlap. We'll be home before you arrive

I have to say your Epcot touring plan is incredible!! Love it!! At AK, I suggest you don't miss the parade. And you have two of my ultimate FAV counter services to choose from that day... Wolfgang Puck's and CHH. If I *had* to pick one I'd choose Wolfgang Puck's. They have the most AMAZING gourmet pizzas and mac and cheese EVER! Columbia Harbour House has deliciousss fish and chips. It's all great no matter where ya end up. You have some great plans!
That's a shame that our travel dates don't overlap, but we can still have fun planning together. You must have less than one month left before you leave! Yay for you!

I remember reading that you loved the Jammin' Jungle Parade. I definitely want to see it again, but I need to tell myself that it is okay to miss some things if it means keeping us all sane and happy.

There's another day that I plan on going to Wolfgang Puck Express, but everything looks so good I thought we might want to go twice! There's also another day we could possibly visit CHH. I'm not a fish eater, but I'm excited to try their sweet tea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan Fan 22 View Post
Finding a spot for your daughter to play before Illuminations is a great idea! I know we plan on leaving Epcot for dinner and then coming back to watch Illuminations that night. I haven't planned specifics because I figured we could just wing it and let the kids do whatever they wanted up until the show. I think "Let's get moving" will probably be a better fit for us since we have a 9-year-old and a 2-year-old. (I think it said Pixie Hollow's play area was just for 2-5 year olds.) If I run into you there maybe our families can walk over and watch Illuminations together!

I enjoyed Tarzan Rocks the one time I saw it too! But I have to say Finding Nemo:The Musical was my favorite thing on our last trip. Love, love, love that show!!
We'll keep an eye out for you around the play areas! As soon as I pick our "lime green" item, I'll let you know what it is!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #44
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

I'm going to try to post the itinerary for the next day if I don't pass out on the keyboard first (long night at work) but I wanted to share some exciting (although non-Disney...) news. I am going gaga!!!!! By that I mean I am going to see Lady Gaga!!! My friend at work got a pre-sale code and was able to buy awesome tickets today! Three of us are travelling to Cleveland to experience the Monster Ball!!!!!!!!! Even a dancing banana could not express my excitement...but I'll throw one in anyway... Now I have something to help ease the Post Disney Depression I know I will be experiencing when we get back!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #45
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Day 3: April 30 (Following "MK Two-Day Touring Plan for Girls Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1" from touringplans.com)

We'll start the day by dragging ourselves out of bed and making every attempt to be on the MK bus by 8:00 AM and arrive at least thirty minutes early.

After rope drop we'll run through the Main Street Bakery to grab breakfast and head straight to Fantasyland and Dumbo! After running the gauntlet of Peter Pan, Pooh, and the Mad Tea Party, we'll check out Mickey's Philharmagic. After that we'll head over to Cinderella's Carousel, which I know DD4 will absolutely LOVE! After experiencing the joy of IASM, we'll head over to Frontierland and see if DD4 is brave enough to try Splash Mountain and BTMR, and we'll check out CBJ.

After that, we plan to head back to POR for a mid-day break and lunch at the Riverside Mill. Then we'll get DD4 cleaned up and ready for her appt. at BBB! After her makeover, we'll check out the JC, Magic Carpets, and Storytime with Belle. Hopefully we'll catch the 5:15 Dream Along with Mickey and eventually make our way to the monorail before park closing. With a little pixie dust we'll be able to ride up front.

Next is our ADR at 1900 Park Fare in GF for Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner!!

After dinner we'll probably head back to POR, unless we're feeling extremely energetic and willing to make a trip to Epcot for EMH.

Either this night or the next morning we will also be meeting up with my mom! She lives in Texas but will be flying into Tampa to visit my aunt and uncle the week we are in WDW. She'll be driving over to spend a few days with us, but we're not sure yet if she's going to stay with my cousin in Orlando or get a hotel room near Disney. I tried to add her on to our reservation so she could just stay with us, but no luck there!

That night we'll go to sleep with visions (nightmares??) of another rope drop at MK in our heads...

Last edited by littlelovebug; 03-25-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: