Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #16
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

What a lovely family you have. I love the name of your PTR. We stayed at POR in November, and loved the place. It was easy to get lost there, and I mean that in a good way. It was a more laid back easy going trip than any of previous ones at a value resort. Be sure to take the boat ride to downtown disney one night, it really is fantastic!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #17
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandSulley View Post
I've wanted to stay at POR for a while, haven't gotten around to it yet. It looks so beautiful from the pictures. Can't wait to hear more.

Hope Jilly has a great birthday party!
Thank you! The party was wonderful, can't wait to post details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
hello Jen! Thanks for checking out my PTR! Now i'm here to check yours out! You and your family are soo cute! Especially your little princess! yay for POR. As you've read in my PTR, we've extended our trip so we will be experiencing POR as well. I can't wait!! I really want to do a carriage ride! So romantic! I actually BOOKED our flights without telling my boyfriend! lol! I also showed my boyfriend a value (All Star Music) and CBR. He HATED the value! He said "that's for kids". lol!! Good! I wanted to stay in a moderate anyway!

Yay for the dining plan! Can't wait to hear more! (gotta add that in for kicks )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS JILLY! (Can't wait to see pictures!)
Thanks, Keala! Your PTR was motivation for me to do my own! I'm glad we can share our excitement together, since friends, family and co-workers who are not going to Disney often lack the enthusiastic responses...and dancing bananas that we love to give each other! Thanks also for the Birthday wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
I am joining in Your family is adorable I can't wait to here more of your plans and more about POR
Thanks so much for reading along! Can't wait to read your TRs and PTR! We absolutely loved visiting WDW in September, and obviously so did you! Congrats on your return trip!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #18
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
What a lovely family you have. I love the name of your PTR. We stayed at POR in November, and loved the place. It was easy to get lost there, and I mean that in a good way. It was a more laid back easy going trip than any of previous ones at a value resort. Be sure to take the boat ride to downtown disney one night, it really is fantastic!
Thanks for the compliment, and for the tip!!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
Old 03-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #19
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

I have so many more trip details to post, but I wanted to share a few pics from Princess Jilly's Birthday Party today!! My stomach has been in knots all week because the weather forecast was 70% chance of rain with a high of 45 degrees, but with lots of prayers to my Grandma Carol, we were blessed with an overcast day around 60 degrees!! Woo-hooo!! (Four bananas for her fourth birthday!)

I was also nervous because my best friend and I, both self-proclaimed non-bakers (although she at least owns a rolling pin) decided to tackle the princess castle cake. Ultimately we were almost driven to tears with frustration, and then we were definitely driven to tears with laughter, but everyone said it was adorable, even though it fell apart several times during the car ride over (maybe they were just being nice).

The cookies were also a long story, but basically the glass slippers looked more like fuzzy slippers, but the kids had fun decorating them. I am too embarrassed to show what most of them looked like, so I am just going to post this one that actually has some form to it!

Jilly got lots of goodies...including a Cinderella dress and Disney giftcards...and we had a great day enjoying the company of our friends and family! Oh, and how's this for pixie dust...when she blew out her candles, my dad told her she forgot to make a wish. She responded, "My wish was, 'Dear Mommy and Daddy, I love you so much." So stinkin' cute!

I'll squeeze in one more of her pulling off a number from her Disney countdown calendar. She was excited because this one was marked with her birthday!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just found your pre-trip report link over on Connie's report. I wanna join in on the planning fun too!

Your family is so cute and your daughter is simply adorable. I think you and your friend did an awesome job on the cake.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #21
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hey! Jen just caught up
great job on the cake...at least from the picture
Jilly is so cute...you guys are a really cute family!

you will love POR, we stayed at POFQ years ago; Jilly is going to love the slide at POFQ. Danny wanted to go back there again this trip but having three rooms and two of which I am paying for POP just fit the wallet alot better. {We did ASSp last May and we did not have any problems with noise levels at all...we were not by the pools, though--and I plan to ask for a lake view hoping for a fireworks view but I hear it is quiet there.}

The boat ride over to DTD is awesome and relaxing...last year Danny and I brought Ashton ride when we were unable to get into Epcot.

As for the dining part of it we are CS people, you will love the food at POR and POFQ...when you have the crew I have DDP is out of the question and so is TS. So, I have a list of what other dissers say to be great QS and the ones we like...

can't wait to continue planning along with you
great start to your planning!!
Connie
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #22
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just found your pre-trip report link over on Connie's report. I wanna join in on the planning fun too!

Your family is so cute and your daughter is simply adorable. I think you and your friend did an awesome job on the cake.
Thanks for joining in on the fun! I'm glad someone who is not obligated by family laws to lie through their teeth liked the cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hey! Jen just caught up
great job on the cake...at least from the picture
Jilly is so cute...you guys are a really cute family!

you will love POR, we stayed at POFQ years ago; Jilly is going to love the slide at POFQ. Danny wanted to go back there again this trip but having three rooms and two of which I am paying for POP just fit the wallet alot better. {We did ASSp last May and we did not have any problems with noise levels at all...we were not by the pools, though--and I plan to ask for a lake view hoping for a fireworks view but I hear it is quiet there.}

The boat ride over to DTD is awesome and relaxing...last year Danny and I brought Ashton ride when we were unable to get into Epcot.

As for the dining part of it we are CS people, you will love the food at POR and POFQ...when you have the crew I have DDP is out of the question and so is TS. So, I have a list of what other dissers say to be great QS and the ones we like...

can't wait to continue planning along with you
great start to your planning!!
Connie
Hi Connie! Thanks for hopping over to my PTR! Your family is super cute as well! I hear really great things about POP...my cousin was going almost every six months before she had her baby and that is where she usually stayed. I stayed at ASSp with my sister's drill team several years ago, so of course it was noisy. I mean, how could a hotel host hundreds of girls and NOT be noisy???

Happy planning!!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #23
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Oh my goodness! What a great birthday party!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #24
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen! Great start to your pre-trip report! I'm interested to hear what CS restaurants you've chosen!

That cake is beautiful! Sorry to hear it was so stressful for you and your friend, but I know your daughter must have been thrilled when she saw the final product!
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #25
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

OMM!!! (Oh My Mickey...I'm not sure if that is in the DIS list of abbreviations...I'm pretty sure I just made it up...) OUR TRAVEL PACKET CAME TODAY!!! I just love getting mail from Mickey! I'm tempted to start packing now just so I can use the luggage tags!

Here's one quick trip detail as promised...Why 1900 Park Fare and not CRT (or another character experience)?

When I asked Jilly what she wanted on her birthday cake this year, she said "Cinderella and her girl mouses." I really thought I was in trouble here...visions of molding tiny mice out of fimo were racing through my head. You might be thinking, "She wouldn't have remembered if you had just gotten a Cinderella cake with no mice..." WRONG! This is the girl who still remembers that she had Tinkerbell AND a ladybug on her cake last year. Now I know why DH is often annoyed by my photographic memory...

Luckily, I enlisted the help of my family, and my stepmom immediately found a listing on ebay for a set of figurines...Cinderella, her Fairy Godmother, and a basket of yarn with the "girl mouses!" She is my hero!!

So that's what started the whole Cinderella craze this year. When I decided we were going to WDW (prior to Jed's approval) I checked out special experiences. I knew right away we would have to do the BBB. About a week later I found out that the closest Disney store was closing While this is not normally something to be happy about, I just happen to have an aunt who worked there and was able to get Jilly a Cinderella dress for $12!! She also bought her a matching tiara and wand!!

So what better way to follow up a princess makeover than an enchanting dinner? After comparing the princess dining experiences, I decided 1900 Park Fare would be the best chance for Princess Jilly to interact with all of the characters from the Cinderella movie! I had already read the horror stories about ADRs, so I went online and set one up at least a week before we ever booked our trip!

In addition to the dress, wand and tiara, Jilly also got a Cinderella hooded sweatshirt, tshirt, and sunglasses. She even got a matching dress for her Build-A-Bear, Silver! My sister gave her a Disney Princess comb set and silver gladiator sandals for her BBB day! Oh, and I almost forgot!! My dad and stepmom gave her a Disney giftcard to cover her makeover!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #26
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Oh my goodness! What a great birthday party!
Thanks! It turned out even better than I expected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan Fan 22 View Post
Hi Jen! Great start to your pre-trip report! I'm interested to hear what CS restaurants you've chosen!

That cake is beautiful! Sorry to hear it was so stressful for you and your friend, but I know your daughter must have been thrilled when she saw the final product!
I promise I'll get to our itinerary and dining plans soon! I almost forgot, when we asked Jilly what she thought of the cake, she pointed out that one of the turrets was crooked. Once I fixed it, she said it was beautiful! I decided at that point that hers was the only opinion that mattered!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #27
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hi Jen.. loving the PTR.. i'm in!

You have a beautiful family and I think that cake turned out awesome! She must have loved it!

We are going next month and did the same math on the Moderate VS Value resorts with the gift cards. I don't think the price has ever been this close before but I am loving it!

Can't wait for more
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:59 AM   #28
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

happy birthday to princess jilly! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures! That cake came out amazing! I love it!!

Yay for getting Mickey Mail!! Which travel packet is this? the ME one? Or the Disney one? I've been waiting for mine...what does it look like?! (Sorry, if you read my PTR, I'm a little worry wart! lol! ) I'm guessing it takes a little longer to get to Hawaii...hopefully it's on its way!!

I've heard OKAY things about CRT but I've heard good things about 1900 Park Fare!! Can't wait to hear more!!
jenniferkeala808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #29
MikeandSulley
Mouseketeer

Cute party! You did a great job on the cake!

I'm sure Jill will have a ball (pun intended) at 1900 Park Fare, that is a great Cinderella experience.

"Wait, there's no line at Stitch, we should at least try it..."

August 1992: Offsite - May 2007: POP! - May 2008: POP! - May 2009: All-Star Movies - May 2010: All-Star Sports - June 2010: Disneyland! - September 2010: Disneyland! - May 2011: Disneyland! - September 2011: POP! - November 2012: Disneyland! - November 2013: Bonnet Creek - October 2014: Disneyland! - November/December 2014: Bonnet Creek
MikeandSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #30
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Yay for Mickey Mail!! And I'm with you on the wanting to start packing. I have all my disney shirts together on one side of my closet just waitng to be folded and packed!
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: