Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #136
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Wow! The weather forecast for Florida sure does change a lot from day to day! It reminds me of our weather here in the Cincinnati area!

I would like to make a request to the powers that be... Please keep our current forecast!!!

Wednesday April 28 (Arrival/Epcot day): Mostly sunny, 79
Thursday April 29 (AK/MK): Partial sunshine, 78
Friday April 30 (MK day & BBB): Partial sunshine, 76
Saturday May 1 (MK & DTD): Mostly sunny, 79
Sunday May 2 (DHS): Abundant sunshine, 84
Monday May 3 (Free day/departure): Partial sunshine, 87

I would LOVE it if it stays around 80 degrees for our whole trip!! And not one mention of the rain/storms that were listed last time I checked!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #137
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

EIGHT DAYS!!
boy you guys have some great weather predictions!
hope it stays!!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #138
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
EIGHT DAYS!!
boy you guys have some great weather predictions!
hope it stays!!
I know! I've been a little worried about the day of our meet! I didn't want the storms to keep us from enjoying Illuminations!! I can't believe you're actually leaving in a few days!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
Old 04-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #139
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

I just can't believe we're actually leaving a week from tomorrow. Next Tuesday is going to be a very busy day! Jilly has picture day at her ballet class in the morning, and then her four-year checkup. I am getting my hair done in the evening, and probably making a stop at the tanning bed (I only go for special occasions)! I already have most of Jillian's stuff set aside...I have it sitting in her carry on bag and when she saw it she said, "I don't think that stuff's going to fit in there." She's so smart!

On Sunday I made myself a Mickey tie-dye tee. I still haven't convinced Jed to wear one, but I think he's caving. I also did ONLINE CHECK-IN!!! I spoke to someone at WDW Reservations to confirm our personal info for the airline, and while I had her on the phone I also confirmed our room request for POR!

I have been meaning to get Jilly's pictures taken at a studio like I do every year, but haven't done so yet (I didn't want to do it around her actual birthday since it was just two weeks before Easter and I knew it would be crazy!). I was looking at the PhotoPass website today, and I think I might just pre-order the CD instead of going to a studio this year. Since she's doing the BBB as a birthday gift from her grandparents, I think the pictures from that day will be an awesome memory for her!

I'm still trying to decide between the PhotoPass CD alone ($99.95) or the CD and Photo Book ($149.95). Has anyone ever ordered the books? Are they as awesome as they look on the website???

So those are really my only updates. I do have a funny story to share though (I know, I probably get the mom of the year award for thinking this is funny, but I was literally shaking with laughter when it happened...) Last night we went to Target. I had a $3 coupon for any Disney movie, so I let Jilly get Mulan. I started walking out of the aisle, and she was behind me with her head down looking at her DVD. All of the sudden I heard this loud "bonnnnnngggg" sound. I turned around and all I saw was Jilly's shoulders on either side of the pole in the middle of the aisle. She had walked right into it! I gave her a big hug (shaking with laughter, as previously mentioned) and she said, "It's not funny!" It wasn't until later that I noticed the huge red circle right on her hairline! Can you imagine how many things she's going to run into at WDW while she is distracted by all of the sights????

Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #140
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Wow... you are down to one week!!! I am so excited for you guys! You are going to have an amazing time.

That story made me giggle too... it's OK to laugh as long as they're ok, right? I hope so, because I crack up HARD when that happens to someone I love.

I started my TR btw!! Link in my sig. I know you wanted me to let you know. I can't wait to read yours when you return!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #141
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

That's such a great idea to do the Photopass cd since Jilly is doing BBB! That should allow you to enjoy the experience with her and let someone else capture all the photos. I'm sorry, I've never done the cd or the books, so I can't offer any advice, but I would think the book would be a great souvenir.

Poor Jilly for running into that post, but I don't think you'll lose any mom points, it was probably a good thing you were laughing, it may have taken her mind off it so she was more focused on you laughing than it hurting. We had a similar scenario around here right before Christmas. My niece had a huge Santa hat on her head covering her eyes and she kept walking into walls. We all tried to grab her and stop her or take off the hat but we couldn't stop laughing! I think I ended up on the floor!
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #142
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Jen I remember reading your update; I can't believe I did not comment:

too funny about Jilly in the store; Chloe (the little girl I watch does stuff like that all the time) and yes I laugh...usually while I'm trying to see if she is OK and by the time we are all done all three of us are laughing...

I love the idea of doing the photopass pics for Jilly this year; I was going to do the photopass as Dayne's extra Sr pics but he ended up adding a park day to his week so I am just hoping I come home with some great shots of him...if not I'll get a photographer to go ahead and take some park shot of him when we get home...but, what better way to remember the year than with photos of them in Disney...

So, has Jed decided to wear a tye dye shirt...it would be so cool if you guys all had one!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #143
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I guess I'd get the bad mother award too, 'cause I just laughed at your story. So sorry!

I pre-ordered the photopass cd last year but not the book. I didn't know whether or not it'd be worth the extra $.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #144
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Wow... you are down to one week!!! I am so excited for you guys! You are going to have an amazing time.

That story made me giggle too... it's OK to laugh as long as they're ok, right? I hope so, because I crack up HARD when that happens to someone I love.

I started my TR btw!! Link in my sig. I know you wanted me to let you know. I can't wait to read yours when you return!
Yaaaaay Lia's back! I cannot WAIT to read your updates, and see your 1000+ pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan Fan 22 View Post
That's such a great idea to do the Photopass cd since Jilly is doing BBB! That should allow you to enjoy the experience with her and let someone else capture all the photos. I'm sorry, I've never done the cd or the books, so I can't offer any advice, but I would think the book would be a great souvenir.

Poor Jilly for running into that post, but I don't think you'll lose any mom points, it was probably a good thing you were laughing, it may have taken her mind off it so she was more focused on you laughing than it hurting. We had a similar scenario around here right before Christmas. My niece had a huge Santa hat on her head covering her eyes and she kept walking into walls. We all tried to grab her and stop her or take off the hat but we couldn't stop laughing! I think I ended up on the floor!
I like the way you think, Alicia! Hopefully we'll get to meet next week in Epcot! Safe travels!

Quote:
Jen I remember reading your update; I can't believe I did not comment:

too funny about Jilly in the store; Chloe (the little girl I watch does stuff like that all the time) and yes I laugh...usually while I'm trying to see if she is OK and by the time we are all done all three of us are laughing...

I love the idea of doing the photopass pics for Jilly this year; I was going to do the photopass as Dayne's extra Sr pics but he ended up adding a park day to his week so I am just hoping I come home with some great shots of him...if not I'll get a photographer to go ahead and take some park shot of him when we get home...but, what better way to remember the year than with photos of them in Disney...

So, has Jed decided to wear a tye dye shirt...it would be so cool if you guys all had one!
Hi Connie! I'm glad you remembered to comment! Your story about Chloe is so funny! I think the bad part is that I immediately started laughing and it took me a minute to gain my composure enough to see if Jilly was okay! Have a safe trip tomorrow and hopefully we'll see you next Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I guess I'd get the bad mother award too, 'cause I just laughed at your story. So sorry!

I pre-ordered the photopass cd last year but not the book. I didn't know whether or not it'd be worth the extra $.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found humor in the situation! I think I'm going to go ahead and order the book, especially since it's Jilly's first trip and we're doing the BBB...

Old 04-23-2010, 06:56 AM   #145
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Jen wanted to pop over and wish your family safe travels!
You guys have a wonderful and magical trip!
Connie
Old 04-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #146
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Have an AWESOME trip Jen and family!!!!
Have a safe journey and enjoy your time together!!!!!!!!!

:micke yjum
Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #147
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Hey Jen! I'm heading out the door in 6 hours! Just finishing up my last bit of DISing and I wanted to say I hope you and your family have an incredible time in Disney! I hope we get to meet up for Illuminations!
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #148
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Jen wanted to pop over and wish your family safe travels!
You guys have a wonderful and magical trip!
Connie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Have an AWESOME trip Jen and family!!!!
Have a safe journey and enjoy your time together!!!!!!!!!

:micke yjum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan Fan 22 View Post
Hey Jen! I'm heading out the door in 6 hours! Just finishing up my last bit of DISing and I wanted to say I hope you and your family have an incredible time in Disney! I hope we get to meet up for Illuminations!
Thanks, Connie, Beth and Alicia! Say Hello to Mickey for me tomorrow and let him know we will be there in FIVE DAYS!!!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 01:05 AM   #149
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Four more days... wahoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!:chee r2:
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #150
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Well I think most of my readers are already in WDW right now...but here's a little update...

I tried to leave work at 4:00 today, thinking I was off at 4:30. No one really feels sorry for me since I am going on vacation and they are not so they made me stick around. At 4:30 one of my co-workers told me I was only on the schedule until 4:00! Seriously??? I was out of there! No more work for the next 8 days!

Over the weekend I packed most of Jilly's stuff and mine. I managed to squeeze most of it into my regular carry-on and her little one. I put our medium suitcase inside the large one, and hopefully our bath stuff and Jed's clothes will all fit in there. I'll carry on my camera bag and he'll have a backpack, and then we only have one bag to check on the way down. On the way back we can use the extra suitcase for souvenirs!

I can't believe we'll be boarding the plane in about 37 hours! After months of anticipating and planning for this trip, the day is almost here!

Our weather forecast keeps changing, but mostly for the better. Here's what it says right now:

WED 82 mostly sunny (PERFECT!)
THU 82 mostly sunny (PERFECT...again!)
FRI 86 times of sun and clouds
SAT 93 some sun, a t-storm possible (yowza!)
SUN 91 partly sunny, breezy and warm
MON 91 remaining warm with some sun

On a sad note, while I am counting down for Disney, my good friend is counting down the days until her son (who has spina bifida) has to have his shunt completely replaced. His surgery is this Wednesday, the same day we leave. I'll be anxiously awaiting the call from her telling me everything is okay! Her son is the sweetest thing ever and we are determined for him and Jilly to be married when they get older. He even gave her a ring for her birthday!

Evaluating the karats before giving him an answer...

She said yes!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: