Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #31
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Less than 24 hours

24 hours from now we will on the ground, in the rental car and probably shopping at Target on the way to the Resort. Wrapping up the packing now and we are so excited!! I had a hard time sleeping last night.

December 2012 Wilderness Lodge/September 2012CBR/September 2011 Riverside/August 2011 DLP Kyriad/
September 2010 Wilderness Lodge/August 2010 Grand Californian/December 2009 All Star Movies/
Oct 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter/Sept 2008 Port Orleans Riverside/Sept 2007 Carribean Beach Resort
May 2006 ASMovies/ASMusic/May 2000 -2005 Offsite
Lizboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #32
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Have a wonderful trip! I expect a full report when you get back!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #33
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Greeting from WDW

I am enjoying a wonderful vacation here and staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time (which we are just loving). It is HOT HOT HOT and I have heard for many years about the love bugs. I have seen them here and there in the past, but they are in full force!! And I think they should be callled Hate bugs.

The parks are pretty light and we have experienced walk ons on some attractions here at WDW as well as Universal, SeaWorld (walked on Manta twice today) and Islands of Adventure (all but the WWoHP). I have tons of pics and will be completing my trip report when we get back!

We went to see Blue Man Group tonight for the first time and it was wonderful!! The Behind the Magic tour is tomorrow, so off to bed.

December 2012 Wilderness Lodge/September 2012CBR/September 2011 Riverside/August 2011 DLP Kyriad/
September 2010 Wilderness Lodge/August 2010 Grand Californian/December 2009 All Star Movies/
Oct 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter/Sept 2008 Port Orleans Riverside/Sept 2007 Carribean Beach Resort
Old 10-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #34
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Greetings from Orlando airport

We board in 10 minutes..I am sad the vacation is over, but will be happy to see my dogs and sleep in our bed. I have lots to say and tons of pictures!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:17 AM   #35
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I can't wait to hear all about it!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #36
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Day 1- Getting there

Let me say that we only got about 90 minutes of sleep before heading to the airport. DH is in a band and they got off stage around 2 am and our flight left at 6:40 am (and we are supposed to be there 2 hours in advance). So I was a bit blurried eyed that morning, but still excited.

Once we landed, we did a quick Target run and headed to the Wilderness Lodge for the very first time (but so not the last!)

We checked in but did not have time to get to the room. I did be sure he both patted Humprey the bear on the nose for good luck (as I head read you should here on the DIS).

We rushed to Epcot for our ADR for San Angel Inn and made it just in time.

Note to self (and fellow DISers): When you are exhausted, blood orange margaritas are a good way to go into a coma (but it was yummy!)

My app was a chicken tostada and DH's was a chorizo app . Both were yummy and spicy (but not to spicy).

My entree was the Chicken Enchiledas and DH had the Pollo Las Rojos (which is Chicken in an incredible sauce and rice) and YUM!

Desserts were great! Mine was berries in white choc mousse and DH had a bread pudding!

The plan was to stay at Epcot, but we rode the Mexican boat ride, I bought my first t shirt and DH bought his first bag of Goofy Gummies (this is his addiction like I am addicted to Dole Whips) and headed back to the room!

Last edited by Lizboo; 10-02-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #37
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Checking in and dinner at Narcoosee's

We headed to the resort and discovered quickly that we had a wonderful location. It was in the tower past Roarin Forks and facing the pool. We used Bell Services for the very first time and I was told that they were literally right behind me, so I headed for the room as DH went to park the car. On the way, I realised my purse was on the cart also. They were NOT right behind me. DH showed up and asked where everything was. He called downstairs and they couldn't find our stuff. I also discovered right away that there was no shower gel provided..shampoo/conditioner/lotion..but no shower gel. So I went to the shop in the hotel and bought the H2O shower gel, which I love. AND I went down to the Bell Services desk and was told they were on the way to our room. It was frustrating because we were both way over tired. It took just under 30 minutes, which isn't bad, but don't say you are right behind me if you aren't.

We took a nap..a well deserved nap.

Is that not an incredible view??

Once we woke from hibernation, we showered and headed to Narcoosee's for dinner (which we both love). This picture was taken by another guest who kindly offered to take our picture. I was very appreciative. When there are just two of you, its nice to have pics of you both together, but hard to do. I am happy to say that we got this offer many many times and that was great. So thanks to all of you that do that! You have no idea how much it is appreciated.

I had the oysters rockefeller (which was fried..which is great, but different) and DH had the green goddess salad.

Then, we went outside to see Wishes (which is always fantastic).

Then it was entree time! I had the lobster and DH had the crab crusted Mahi Mahi and both were excellent. I love how they crack the lobster for you and take the work out of it.

Dessert time! I had the almond crusted cheesecake (as I always do) and Dh had the creme brule (one was key lime and the other was..hhmm?? Mango maybe?) All were great.

Last edited by Lizboo; 10-02-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #38
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Passporter Newbie!!

So..I have been an Unofficial Guide reader for more than a decade, but I decided to pick up a Passporter this year...not for the info, but for capturing the memories. For those of you who don't know about it, there is a page/envelope for each day to record your day's events and keep things like receipts, name tags, etc.

Each day, you have to identify what was the best thing/worst thing/most magical thing of the day. I will be including what we decided was best/worst/magical of each day.

SO..for day 1:

Weather was: Warm- most sunny with a little rain
Best thing: Just getting here
Worst thing: Feeling like a zombie due to lack of sleep
Today we tried/and the result was: Valet parking at Narcoosee's (as we were running late) and it was great
Most Magical: seeing Wishes from the deck of Narcoosee's with the warm wind blowing.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #39
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Animal Kingdom

Passporter Info
Weather: HOT! but nice
Best thing: Riding EE and RnR in the front.
Worst thing: Dinner wasn't worth the 2 credits
Funniest thing: The mother warthog left her burrow and her three little piglet ran quickly to catch up with her. So cute!
Today we tried/the result was: Yachtman's Steakhouse and we won't be returning.
Magical: Seeing the Lion awake and hippo out of water on Kilmanjaro Safari and seeing a gorilla "posing".

We woke up at 6:30 (30 mins before the alarm went off..I guess I was excited) and headed to AK for EMH. We rode the safari 2 times and saw something I had never seen before! A hippo was out of the water!!

We also saw a baby rhino (who we would see much closer later when we go to the Backstage Safari tour) named Lola who was adorable. She was born earlier in the year.

The second ride around, we saw the Lion AWAKE!! we have been going for more than a decade and I think I have seen him awake only once before.

We also saw these guys!

Then we went to Tusker House for breakfast. We have been there once before for lunch, but breakfast was great. Our server Neil was also excellent. OH..and they have Krispy Kreme donuts (which are not available in Canada..but I used to have often when I lived in NC). The characters were wonderful too!

After breakfast, we did the Pangani trail and the gorillas were posing!

We toured around the park for a while seeing the Festival of the Lion King, riding Dinosaur (did you know it now has FP??) and EE twice!! I noticed this time at the "end of the track" on EE, the bird pops up on the left and then goes down when you start to go backwards. I remember when there used to be a bird going in a circle there.

We went to Yak and Yeti for lunch. I had the wings and ribs and DH had the lettuce cups and Kobe burger. I really liked the wings, but I wasn't crazy about the ribs. I had heard they were good, but they weren't for me. We had the wontons for dessert (which was the real reason I went..YUM).

Then, we headed back to resort for some pool time, a nap and a shower before going to Yachtman's Steakhouse for dinner and then headed to DHS for EMH.

And this is a pic of us looking up at our room. It was on the 6th floor (the covered balcony) and the third one over. It was great.

OH..By the way...this the t shirt I bought the day before is the purple one I am wearing this day.

Last edited by Lizboo; 10-02-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #40
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Dinner at Yachtsmans Steakhouse and DHS EMH

So after taking an afternoon break, we headed to Yachtman's Steakhouse for the first time for dinner. It is a nice restaurant, but the food was just OK and we wouldn't use 2 credits on this restaurant again. When you first get there, you are shown the "meat prep" area and the CM told us that some people don't even want to look at that. Whatever..

We were seated right away and our server was nice enough (sorry..don't remember her name). I had sangria and DH had a beer.

When they brought out the bread, they also brought around roasted garlic. I was curious so I tried it..yep, it is exactly what you think..really strong. And not very good.

I got the escargot as an app and DH got Scallops..his was better.

We both got the ribeye. Just OK.

We split the Banana dessert (which was the best part of the meal).

Then we headed to DHS for EMH. We headed straight for TSM and saw the time was at 50 minutes and went anyway. I am glad I did because I met Tiffany and her family (we are now FB friends) and she was wonderful and the time flew. DH beat me yet again at TSM but it was still fun. I am still a beaver and he is still a cat.

Then we saw Mulch, Sweat and Shears..new band members since the last time we saw them (including a new lead singer). He asked "Are you going to be my girl?" when they were singing that song and I explained that I was DH's girl. He said "You are married to a bowling ball?" Yes..yes I am.

We had just enough time to ride RnR and waited for the front row and it was great as usual.

Then back to the resort to rest up! It was a busy day.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #41
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Cape May Breakfast and Epcot EMH

Passporter Info
Weather: Hot and humid
Best Thing: MNSSHP
Worst Thing: Captain EO
Funniest Thing: 2 ducks landed in pool
Today we tried/result was: Captain EO and I want that 10 minutes of my life back
Magical: We got an origami heart for our server at Tokoyo Dining for our anniversary

We stared off the day at Cape May for breakfast. We had never been there before, but it was great. The best things were the pan French toast, Biscuits and gravy and the ham and cheese omelets. The characters were adorable in their old fashioned bathing suits. I would go back here again.

We headed to Epcot, got a FP for Soarin, rode Soarin and when we got off, we had 15 minutes to kill, so we went to see Captain EO. On the way there, we noticed lots of the water areas in Epcot were drained (not the lagoon or anything..but like the area in front of Captain EO and Nemo were). I understand how sometimes things are great in your mind for sentimental reasons. I adore Haunted Mansion..no matter what anyone else may say. Captain EO was just awful..incredibly bad..DH fell asleep...and I was jealous of him. I think he had the better time. As we were leaving, I saw another couple and they were saying the same thing. My apologies to EO fans..I am just not one of them.

We did Soarin again, then Mission Space and then we rode the Friendship boat to Japan for lunch at Tokoyo Dining.

I had the pork belly app (Kakuni) and DH had Unagi. We both had Roppongi for entrees (Tempura shrimp and scallops). Dessert for me was green tea pudding and DH had the choc ginger cake. The waitress brought us a purple origami heart after the meal for our anniversary that was so sweet and thoughtful. Just a piece of paper, but it was magical to me.

We then went to Morocco for me to get a Henna tattoo (goddess), which was beautiful, but didn't last as long as last time for some reason. We also picked up another bag of Goofy gummies and then headed back to resort for a swim/nap to get ready for MNSSHP.

Last edited by Lizboo; 10-02-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #42
MickeyLover20
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you have been having a great time! Can't wait to hear more
MickeyLover20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #43
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Ohana and MNSSHP

This was our first ride to MK on the boat from Wilderness Lodge. It is fast and fun!!

We headed to Ohana for what I thought was 5:30 ADR, but when we got there it was for 5:00. I was planning on leaving and the CM said they could get us in. We waited for more than an hour. I love Ohana and was happy to get in, but it ate up alot of our time and I wanted to get in to MNSSHP as soon as I could. The food was great as usual. I still think the steak is my least fav, but I also eat my steak medium rare and that is too done for me.

While we were sitting there, a squirrel appeared outside the window. It was pretty steep there, so good on ya lil squirrel.

We headed to MNSSHP and got there in time for me to buy two pins and find a spot for the first parade. When Jack Sparrow came by, I screamed "I love you Jack" and that got his attention.

The party was fun as usual. I got my first Dole Whip. We rode Pirates, HM, PPF and Space Mountain. We went to Disneyland for the first time in August and we were thrilled with their version on SM. It did affect how we felt about MK's version. I so wish they would bring the DL version here!

Last edited by Lizboo; 10-02-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #44
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyLover20 View Post
Sounds like you have been having a great time! Can't wait to hear more
Thanks so much...loading pics for day 3 right now!

Old 10-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #45
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Day 4 Kona Cafe/Seaworld

Passporter Info
Weather: Nice but hot
Best Thing: Manta ride
Worst Thing: LOVE BUGS
Funniest Thing: The second you finish your juice at Kona, the server takes your glass away
Today we tried/the result was: Manta and Aquatica- we loved them both.
Magical Thing: Getting doggy kisses from the lab mix star of the Pets Ahoy show
Goofy Gummy Count: 3

We got up and packed for Aquatica and headed to Kona for breakfast. The strangest thing happened. Once our juice was gone, the server took our glasses. First DH and then me. Apparently there is a shortage or something.

DH had the Big Kahuna and I had the pineapple/macademia pancakes. Both were excellent.

Then we were off to SeaWorld. It has been a few years since we've been there. We started off by riding the Manta coaster twice and it was just incredible. I am a coaster freak and this was just unbelievable. Click on the last smaller pic because it is a video that shows how the coaster loads.

Then we saw the Pets Ahot show, which was great. I got kisses from a lab mix after the show and it was great because I was really missing our two dogs.

We went to ride Kraken and it was stopped twice. They tried to add another train and it didn't work so then they had to stop it again to remove it. It was great, but we missed the beginning of the Believe (killer whale show).

We got over there and it was obvious the show has changed since the attack on the trainer. The trainers were never in the water with the whales once. I remember when that spiky haired one came bursting out of the water on a whale's nose.

Then we went to Mango Joe's for fajita sandwiches, which were just OK. We saw the penguins and the sea lions.

After lunch, we headed to Aquatica. We did their version the lazy river, a funnel type ride called a Tassie Twister and the Dolphin Run (which is so stinking fast, you never see anything..dolphin included).

Then back to the resort for a nap/shower before heading to Jiko for dinner and then shopping at DTD.

Last edited by Lizboo; 10-02-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: