DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
shaylih
Disney Bride 1/20/2008

BLT 2 bedroom lock off vs normal 2 bedroom

We're planning a trip with our neighbors who have never been to Disney. I'm wondering what the main differences between a regular 2 bedroom and a 2 bedroom lock off would be. Will we have the same number of bathrooms? What do we lose by getting a lock off? There will be 5 people, my husband and I. My neighbor and her 2 children. I'm thinking my husband and I will take the 1 bedroom and sleep in the king. The neighbor and her daugher can sleep in the queen in the studio, and the son can sleep in the memory foam couch in the studio. I'm leaning towards the lock off because it would be nice to be able to have a little privacy.

Last edited by shaylih; 03-19-2010 at 03:46 PM.
shaylih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylih View Post
We're planning a trip with our neighbors who have never been to Disney. I'm wondering what the main differences between a regular 2 bedroom and a 2 bedroom lock off would be. Will we have the same number of bathrooms? What do we lose by getting a lock off? There will be 5 people, my husband and I. My neighbor and her 1 children. I'm thinking my husband and I will take the 1 bedroom and sleep in the king. The neighbor and her daugher can sleep in the queen in the studio, and the son can sleep in the memory foam couch in the studio. I'm leaning towards the lock off because it would be nice to be able to have a little privacy.
A lock off two-bedroom villa is essentially a one-bedroom villa and a studio. It will have an adjoining door that connects the two parts, and they each have a doorway to the hallway. The studio portion will have a queen bed and a fold-out sofa bed, as well as a kitchenette (microwave, mini-frig, sink). The bathroom vanity is in the same space as the kitchenette. The one-bedroom portion has the full kitchen, as well as two bathrooms.

A dedicated two-bedroom villa has only one doorway to the hallway. The second bedroom (which is comparable to the studio space in a lock off) does not have the kitchenette or sofa; instead, there are two queen beds. In addition, the bathroom vanity is actually in the bathroom. Like the lock off villa, a dedicated two-bedroom villa has three bathrooms at BLT.

Hope this helps!
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Are dedicated vs. lock-offs by request or guaranteed booking? I don't see a point category difference to them.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
Are dedicated vs. lock-offs by request or guaranteed booking? I don't see a point category difference to them.
They are a booking category, but not listed seperately on the point charts. If you have a dedicated, the confirmation will indicate that as part of the room type.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad I read this. We have a dedicated 2BR for October. I didn't realize the dedicated have to beds inte 2nd bedroom. Does anyone knowof any photos out there of the dedicated?

Disneyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to a YouTube video of a dedicated 2BR on the inside of the crescent. The outside 2BR's have a slight different configuration in the kitchen as the island has room for two stool for dining. The rooms on the outside of the crescent (facing CR, the monorail and MK) are slightly larger rooms. The laundry rooms are different too. The one in the video shows a walk-in room where the outside crescents have a closet with side by side washer and dryer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmMhGweEOqo BTW the man speaking on the video makes some statements that aren't correct today, you no longer need to make reservations to go to the TOTW lounge. But you do need to show a CM in the lobby your KTTW showing you are a DVC member or guest staying at BLT (on points) and then the CM will unlock the elevator for you to go up to the 16th floor. Another comment was regarding the countertops, they are granite not marble.

Last edited by DenLo; 03-20-2010 at 11:30 AM.
DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: