Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
solar
DIS Veteran
 
solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 690

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytink75 View Post
I would love to hear how things work for you... I myself am a BIG girl... I weigh a little over 200 pounds.. I just started training for the 2011 Disney Princess Half marathon.. I am not a runner at all as a matter of fact I can't run due to a knee surgery that I had on my right knee 9 years ago... I just want to be able to finish the half marathon with out being swept but if i do end up getting swept i will be fine with that because I accomplished one feat and that was even starting this kind of race..
there were many walkers at the Princess this year...and many women over 200 pounds...you won't stand out in that manner - it was beautiful...all sizes, shapes, paces, walkers, runners...really uplifting to see --
__________________
Upcoming 2011: Princess 1/2 , Bucks Co 1/2, The Wild Half, Hershey Half
Completed: Princess 1/2, Bucks 1/2, Superhero 1/2

My blog ---> DebRunning.com
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #17
CptJackSparrowsGirl
LOKI'D [Kailey]
 
CptJackSparrowsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa - But wishes the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 597

I'm going to join in on talking with you all here.
I'm a full figured girl myself.
I've started this most recent journey of losing weight at a large number of 268lbs
I now weigh 263lbs after 5days of watching calories and walking. I hope the pounds continue to come off this easly and I fufill my goal of being able to wear a Bella Swan Dress from New Moon and other things as well.
I'm shooting for losing at least 100lbs and praying I stick to it and work hard.
__________________
{My dearest friend, if you don't mind. I'd like to join you by your side, where we can gaze into the stars.
And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be.}

| 1st Trip - POP Century Sept. 2004 | 2nd Trip - POP Century Nov. 2007 | 3rd Trip - Caribbean Beach Mar. 2009 |
~ | 4th Trip Coronado Springs Resort March 2013!! | ~
CptJackSparrowsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #18
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptJackSparrowsGirl View Post
I'm going to join in on talking with you all here.
I'm a full figured girl myself.
I've started this most recent journey of losing weight at a large number of 268lbs
I now weigh 263lbs after 5days of watching calories and walking. I hope the pounds continue to come off this easly and I fufill my goal of being able to wear a Bella Swan Dress from New Moon and other things as well.
I'm shooting for losing at least 100lbs and praying I stick to it and work hard.
Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged...this is a long journey and slow and steady wins the race and keeps the lbs off! This time last year I was almost 325lbs! Now I'm finally under the 300 mark and am starting to work out!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #19
CptJackSparrowsGirl
LOKI'D [Kailey]
 
CptJackSparrowsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa - But wishes the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 597

Hooray!! Good for you
__________________
{My dearest friend, if you don't mind. I'd like to join you by your side, where we can gaze into the stars.
And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be.}

| 1st Trip - POP Century Sept. 2004 | 2nd Trip - POP Century Nov. 2007 | 3rd Trip - Caribbean Beach Mar. 2009 |
~ | 4th Trip Coronado Springs Resort March 2013!! | ~
CptJackSparrowsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #20
Heather.Mohler
Mouseketeer
 
Heather.Mohler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia
Posts: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytink75 View Post
I would love to hear how things work for you... I myself am a BIG girl... I weigh a little over 200 pounds.. I just started training for the 2011 Disney Princess Half marathon.. I am not a runner at all as a matter of fact I can't run due to a knee surgery that I had on my right knee 9 years ago... I just want to be able to finish the half marathon with out being swept but if i do end up getting swept i will be fine with that because I accomplished one feat and that was even starting this kind of race..
I was so happy to see this! I am bigger than most if not everyone on the boards that I have found (started out at 391, am now at 378) and I want to do the Princess next year. The problem is I can't run because of how painful it is on my knees. So seeing that someone else is planning on walking the Princess Half Marathon (or even just that it is possible) makes me feel very optimistic!
__________________
March 1996 - off site, March 2007 - All Stars Movies and Sports and Port Orleans French Quarter, January 2008 - All Star Sports, January 2009 - Beach Club Concierge, April 2009 - Buena Vista Suites, October 2009 - Caribbean Beach for MNSSHP, December 2009 - All Star Sports for MVMCP, September 2010 - All Star Movies for MNSSHP, January 2011 - Pop Century, September 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter for MNSSHP, January 2012 - Sheraton Suites for Florida Flute Convention Performance, October 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter for MNSSHP and MVMCP, January 2013 - Off Property for Florida Flute Convention Performance, October 2013 -
Heather.Mohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #21
FergieTCat
No, I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley
Doug Wilson is a babe, but he can never take the place of my lust for George Clooney!
Has been known to escort squirrels across the street
 
FergieTCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Forest Hills, New York
Posts: 6,782

My peeps!!!!!!!

I am starting the WW Walking program today, RIGHT NOW (literally, I am putting on sneakers). The first day is walking for 10 minutes. Anyone can do that, right??

Inspire me! And if anyone is in NYC, come walk with me!
__________________
Donna

Proud recipient of the FV Crazy Cat Lady Blue Ribbon

FergieTCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #22
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieTCat View Post
My peeps!!!!!!!

I am starting the WW Walking program today, RIGHT NOW (literally, I am putting on sneakers). The first day is walking for 10 minutes. Anyone can do that, right??

Inspire me! And if anyone is in NYC, come walk with me!
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
solar
DIS Veteran
 
solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 690

you can do this

how is everyone doing? getting movement in?

I did another half marathon last weekend, and am registered for a third in May...

ladies...JUST KEEP MOVING. it's okay if you walk, run, do a combination of both...it's okay if you're fast, slow or somewhere in between...

....just keep moving.

check in when you can and let us know how you are doing
__________________
Upcoming 2011: Princess 1/2 , Bucks Co 1/2, The Wild Half, Hershey Half
Completed: Princess 1/2, Bucks 1/2, Superhero 1/2

My blog ---> DebRunning.com
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #24
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer
 
Southerngirl71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 123

Hi,
I actually just sent you a pm because I have so many questions. I am very happy to find this thread. I am brand new and plan on starting to train this week for the Princess next year. I really, really want to accomplish this. It helps knowing there are others like me that I can share this with.
__________________
Lori
Southerngirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #25
solar
DIS Veteran
 
solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 690

Hi Lori...just saw...will get back to you shortly
__________________
Upcoming 2011: Princess 1/2 , Bucks Co 1/2, The Wild Half, Hershey Half
Completed: Princess 1/2, Bucks 1/2, Superhero 1/2

My blog ---> DebRunning.com
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #26
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar View Post
how is everyone doing? getting movement in?

I did another half marathon last weekend, and am registered for a third in May...

ladies...JUST KEEP MOVING. it's okay if you walk, run, do a combination of both...it's okay if you're fast, slow or somewhere in between...

....just keep moving.

check in when you can and let us know how you are doing
Thanks for the support! I haven't been able to run for the past week but I was at least walking...I get to run today though! Can't wait!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #27
solar
DIS Veteran
 
solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 690

checking in

Doing a 5k later this morning...race nerves kicking in (my tummy!)

anyway, how is everyone feeling? Getting moving? Formulating a plan? Getting exercise? All it takes is one foot in front of the other, no matter where you start - just starting is the biggest piece of the puzzle
__________________
Upcoming 2011: Princess 1/2 , Bucks Co 1/2, The Wild Half, Hershey Half
Completed: Princess 1/2, Bucks 1/2, Superhero 1/2

My blog ---> DebRunning.com
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #28
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar View Post
Doing a 5k later this morning...race nerves kicking in (my tummy!)

anyway, how is everyone feeling? Getting moving? Formulating a plan? Getting exercise? All it takes is one foot in front of the other, no matter where you start - just starting is the biggest piece of the puzzle
YAY! Good Luck! Our first 5K is May 15th!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #29
solar
DIS Veteran
 
solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 690

yeah!

you'll do great - just put one foot in front of the other.
__________________
Upcoming 2011: Princess 1/2 , Bucks Co 1/2, The Wild Half, Hershey Half
Completed: Princess 1/2, Bucks 1/2, Superhero 1/2

My blog ---> DebRunning.com
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #30
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Hey Solar...looking forward to hearing how your race went! We hope all is well!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why does the team call a blog post "a blog"? Revan The DIS Unplugged Podcast 2 12-10-2009 01:48 PM
Any experience with Boys & Girls club or Girls, Inc? hereyago Community Board 2 05-18-2009 08:45 PM
Here come the girls, girls,girls,girls March- Day 1 tinksprinkles Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board 7 05-10-2009 04:12 PM
Girls Only! No boys allowed... and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! Updated w/ pics ~ 9/7! Cotta Completed Trip Reports 22 10-10-2007 02:43 PM
Inspired by the Seasonale Girls: Nuvaring Girls? Caradana Community Board 5 05-11-2005 05:52 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.