Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
marypoppinswannabe
Mouseketeer

The attack of the killer scooters… (Quick Trip Report)

Who:

Me – 39 (Augh…40 is looming around the corner…)
Sister – 40
Brother-in-law – 43
Niece – 18
Niece – 7
Mom & Dad

Where:

Pop Century – 90’s building –connecting rooms
Coronado Springs for Mom and Dad

When:
April 13th – April 21st

ADRs:

13th – Calfornia Grille – Loved it
14th – O’Hana’s – We like this one so much we ate there twice.
15th – Tea at Grand Floridian - The champagne was really good.
16th – None – Went to La Nouba
17th – Grand Floridian Café – Loved it
18th – O’Hana’s
19th – Les De France (I think that was the name.) – Gross. Our server was less than attentive to the point that we only had our drinks filled once the entire dinner. He finally refilled our glasses after we were through with supper.
20th – Crystal Place – Character Breakfast – This was my favorite.

The Good:
--Staying in the 90s building because we were so close to the bus stops and the main building
--Watching the fireworks with my 18 year old niece on the observation deck in California Grille
--The Festival of the Lion King
--Riding the scary rides with my 7 year old niece for the first time. (She finally met the height requirements).
--Having coffee with my parents while sitting on the patio at the Polynesian. (The most relaxing time of the whole trip.)
--Doing Kilimanjaro Safaris in the rain, because the lions were very active.
--La Nouba

The bad:
--A cast member at Peter Pan’s flight swearing with my niece standing right in front of him.
--Coming back to our hotel on two different nights and finding our door had been left open by mousekeeping (We did report this.)
--Some really rude CM’s
--It rained really hard for a couple of days

The ugly:
--Watched a server at Les De France chew on his finger nails and wipe his nose with his hand the whole time we were there. Thank goodness he was not our server.
--Watching my mom drive her scooter onto the monorail and hitting the door on the other side. Thank goodness it wasn’t open because it could have been really bad. (She couldn’t stop laughing)
--My dad taking out one of the arm rests on the chairs with his scooter in Mickey’s Philharmagic and almost driving his scooter off a curb while in the Magic Kingdom.

The funny:
--My 7 year old niece shooting her middle finger at her mom, because that was what Fantastic Mr Fox did. (She misunderstood the gesture.)
--My sister telling my niece they are getting the characters autographs so that when she is 15 and tells them they never do anything nice for her, they will have proof that they, in fact, did.
--Hearing a mom say “Richard, put your pants back on” when we were coming off of Soarin’

Lessons learned:
--Going to Disney with someone on a scooter cuts down on the pace, but on the upswing, we had almost no wait in any of the lines, because we went through the disabled entrance.
--Don’t EVER eat in France again
--Get a good pair of walking shoes. I have been many times and this was the first time I ever had an issue with blisters and aching feet.
--Take a day off, especially if you go for more than 5 days.

Overall, it was fun. Now I need a vacation from my vacation!!!

WDW 77 & 81
Off-site -94 & 03
Pop Century -06, 10, 11, 13
Old 04-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

I just got back from WDW last week and like u made a quick trip report. I loved yours. Sometimes(mostly all the time) love a short get to the point trip report. Wanted to drop u a line letting u know I learned all I needed to know so enjoyable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: