Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #61
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Nice to see you back..

So what are your Alaska dates (read your ticker...)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #62
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

im not that big of a fan of the rain forest i think its over priced although those mashed potatoes looked yummy
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #63
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

YEAH!!! You're back!!!

Okay, not quite an hour from your latest installment and I'm already anxious for the next one.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #64
ickletarakins
Pirate Extraordinaire

LOL @ "the hyped up sounds of Stacy". She drives us NUTS. We still find it creepy that the TV always reverts back to her channel when you turn it off and then back on.

I agree that Rainforest Cafe is overpriced...especially for the quality of food that you're getting. You could probably have gone to a place like O'Hana or its cheaper counterpart Kona for around the same price, or less, and had better food.
ickletarakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #65
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Oh my, I love the fact that you referenced dirt-track racing in your last installment! And I would have been very afraid with the bus driver driving like Rusty Wallace...wow!

I can understand what you mean about crowds. The DH and I are use to going in September, and when we went this past March it was totally different!

Can't wait for more!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #66
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
So what are your Alaska dates (read your ticker...)
8/23/11. Looks like we're flying into Vancouver the Saturday before and goof around town for a few days. Yep, that one's gonna stink up the vacation budget. We've already picked out our hotel room. It's gonna run us about 325/night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigg View Post
im not that big of a fan of the rain forest i think its over priced although those mashed potatoes looked yummy
I love their Cobb Salad. Been looking forward to it for two years since the last time I had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
YEAH!!! You're back!!!

Okay, not quite an hour from your latest installment and I'm already anxious for the next one.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickletarakins View Post
LOL @ "the hyped up sounds of Stacy". She drives us NUTS. We still find it creepy that the TV always reverts back to her channel when you turn it off and then back on.

I agree that Rainforest Cafe is overpriced...especially for the quality of food that you're getting. You could probably have gone to a place like O'Hana or its cheaper counterpart Kona for around the same price, or less, and had better food.
A) I like those peppy chicks. Stacy from WDW, Samantha Brown and Flo from the Progressive commercials are all just awesome.

B) Problem was that we weren't going for the food. But I was still stickershocked when I got that bill. (P.S. And I lied. We went to Melting Pot this past weekend to celebrate our anniversary and plopped down 123 including tip. So, it is a little bit more expensive, but not by much.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Oh my, I love the fact that you referenced dirt-track racing in your last installment! And I would have been very afraid with the bus driver driving like Rusty Wallace...wow!
Oh, I'll bring in references to NASCAR and dirt tracks all day long. Greatest race track in the world? Not Indy, Not Daytona, Not Monaco. Nope, It's Eldora.

And I'll also bring in reference to no good redneck Bulldawg fans if you don't watch yourself.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #67
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Loving this report! We want to take our niece on a vacay with us...should be interesting! Oh, I have that t-shirt too. One guy at the WL boat dock asked if I was a CM. Dork. Most comments come from people here in Jax though.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #68
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Oh, I'll bring in references to NASCAR and dirt tracks all day long. Greatest race track in the world? Not Indy, Not Daytona, Not Monaco. Nope, It's Eldora.

And I'll also bring in reference to no good redneck Bulldawg fans if you don't watch yourself.

Oh, you are a man after my own heart...I was raised in dirt-track racing...went to my first race at 2 weeks old and have been going ever since. I'm kinda sad to say this, but UGA is second to my love of racing, so I guess I can handle it!!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #69
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Oh, you are a man after my own heart...I was raised in dirt-track racing...went to my first race at 2 weeks old and have been going ever since. I'm kinda sad to say this, but UGA is second to my love of racing, so I guess I can handle it!!
My DH races dirttrack here in NJ its $$$ I just think how many cruises i could go on if he didnt race. However hes loves it so much as long as i get 2 vacations a yr Im cool with it
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #70
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm pretty sure that I have friends on your Alaska Cruise... two of my friends from the WBPC repo... Bubba and V... GREAT people!!! Lots of fun too

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #71
tigger2on
I can't believe I read this WHOLE thing!
Mom to the Incredible Smiley Ryleigh

Quote:
Okay, just pulled in to the casa del Mozart about an hour ago. Few things to share just to begin:

1) My brother in law, in the process of driving SC-Key West-Orlando-Key West-SC ended up driving 2,492 miles on their trip in 7 days.

2) My nephew is explosively outgoing, but is also just about the most understated guy in the world, except for when Stitch crawls onto the elevator behind him. Then he went so ballistic that I thought the elevator was going to break. More details on all of that to follow.

3) Kids clubs - the best thing about a Disney cruise. Hands down. Forget Palo's, Cove Cafe, Serenity Bay etc... The kids programs really make the cruise for an aunt and uncle who aren't quite used to being parents for a few days.

4) I'll never do another 3 day cruise again. Its way too freaking short.

5) Customs took forever this morning. It took us nearly an hour from the time we lined up to the time we got to the luggage area, and we still hadn't gone through customs yet. Don't know what the deal was.

Alright, I'm going to bed now. Been travelling in one form or another all day. Stories to follow.
Totally agree with you on the kids club. My 2 were in Oceaneer's Club in late Feb. and they loved it. They have the best CMs especially Kevin, Benji, Eryn and Dana... they made my cruise as I got some alone time since hubby stayed behind with our other two!
WDW trips with my kids: May 2001, December 2002, November 2003, May 2004, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006, May 2007, May 2008, February 2009, Sept/Oct 2009, February 2010, May 2011, October 2011, May 2012

DCL trips: Wonder 2001, 2004, 2010 Dream - 3x 2011Wonder 5-night 2013
tigger2on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #72
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that I have friends on your Alaska Cruise... two of my friends from the WBPC repo... Bubba and V... GREAT people!!! Lots of fun too
I don't know what's up with that cruise meets thread. I expect all the Alaska ones to be busy, but that's ones getting like one post a week. I expected them to have FE's organized and cabin tours arranged by now.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #73
Tink rules

It's over a year away. & it's not like a special itinerary... like Panama or something like that.

We've just started "talking" about it with our group - the WBPC people are going together on the b2b in April/May... and we are one year yestereday...

But I'll introduce you to Bubba and V... You'll have a blast with them...

Old 04-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #74
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what's up with that cruise meets thread. I expect all the Alaska ones to be busy, but that's ones getting like one post a week. I expected them to have FE's organized and cabin tours arranged by now.
What's with it? It's called life - taxes, work, birthdays, marching band, school, other cruises before that one and the fact that it's more than a year away. After the summer, it'll ramp up once people start seriously considering excursions and such.

I'm glad you're coming on the cruise and I'll get a chance to meet the infamous Mozart from Joel's thread. We need to talk Joel into coming.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #75
Zoom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm.... i think they're on my dis meet thread for the 2 night weekend getaway in Jan 2011.

POST 464....... http://www.disboards.com/showthread....442937&page=31

Carnival Spirit Oct 06
WDW May/Oct 07
Disney Magic Western Car. Nov 08

Carnival Splendor June 09
RCI Mariner July '10
Disney Wonder Jan '11
Disney Magic Mediterranean June '11

Disney Aulani June '12
RCI Mariner Dec '12
RCI Allure Nov '13
Disney Fantasy Mar '14