Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
LDDisnoid
Former 509 Castmember

10th Anniversary WDW help

I need some help with some ideas, PLEASE.

My wife and I are going to WDW in May for our 10th anniversary. We have been many times, including our honeymoon. We are also taking our 4 year old son for his second visit.

Now, I planned this whole trip as a surprise for my wife and son. I began telling them about it on Christmas 2009. Each month, I reveal a little more about the trip to help build anticipation.
1. So for Christmas, they learned the dates we were going.
2. In January, they learned where we were staying on property.
3. Then for Valentine's Day, I told them about where we were going to eat while there (all the reservations for restaurants and character meals).
4. Then in March (on my wife's birthday), I was supposed to reveal something special. She is a huge Cinderella fan, and her favorite restaurant is Cinderella's Royal Table. The only other time we ate there, was on our honeymoon. So that was what I was going to reveal. I accidentally included it in the Valentine's Day reveal with all the other meals. So now I'm missing something to reveal on my wife's birthday!!! HELP!!!

I can't really bump up the April or May reveal because the April reveal is geared more towards my son and not for my wife. The May reveal, I can't make reservations for until 30 days prior to our trip, so I don't want to reveal it just in case I can't get it scheduled.

Does anyone have some ideas that I might be able to pull off? I can't really do anymore restaurants, or character meals since we are already pretty booked for that.

Sidenote: my 4 year old son is in a wheelchair, so that somewhat limits the things we can do.
LDDisnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
pamickey
Mouseketeer

You could go over to the marina at the Contemporary and rent a boat for an hour or two to go cruising around the lakes, or you could go over to the Ft. Wilderness Campground to see the horses or take a ride in a horse-drawn wagon around the campground. I think they may do this at night also - could be romantic. Or go to DTD and ride the balloon up in the air. There are a lot of possibilities if you look off the beaten path. Whatever you do, have fun!

Terri
pamickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
ckquan
MouseheadSF

CONGRATULATIONS!!! My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last August and when we went to WDW in December we hired a professional Disney photographer for a special anniversary photo shoot. We took photos at EPCOT and the Grand Floridian. The photos turned out beautiful and now we have a special album to commemorate this milestone! You can see some photo samples and get more info at:

www.disneyeventphotography.com.

I worked with Karen Chandler, the Photo Coordinator. She is wonderful, helpful, and very responsive. You can reach her at 407-827-1577.

Again congratulations and have a wonderful trip!
ckquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
PrincessNoelle'sMom
DIS Veteran

Why don't you see if you can get a reservation at BBB in the castle and make her a "princess" for the day

1970's 6 times CR and Poly; 1982-88 CR; 1990 DL; 1991 CR; 1993 Poly; 1994 GF; 1995 Poly; 1996 ASSp; 1997-99 Poly & DCL; 2001 CR; 2002 ASM; 2003 BC; 2007 POR; March 2008 CR; Nov 2008 ASMu March 2010 CBR: Feb 2011 POP April 2012 Poly/DREAM Jan 2014 DCL Magic

http://distickers.com/ticker/ticker....qj8u4srgcgta18
PrincessNoelle'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
LDDisnoid
Former 509 Castmember

Thank you for all the suggestions.

To ckquan, I'm actually working on a photoshoot already, so we're obviously thinking the same way. So you were definately on the right path.

I like the BBB idea, but my wife has commented before that she thinks it's awesome for kids, but she's not too sure in doing it herself. Are there any adult women here that have done this? Keep in mind, we do not have a daughter to do it with her (or I think my wife would be all over it.) I'd like to know your opinions on it.

All these ideas are on the right path and definately in the neighborhood of what I'm thinking, but I'd still like to hear some more ideas if possible, please.

Completed Vacations!
05/2010 - WDW - Bay Lake Tower - 10th Anniversary
05/2008 - WDW - Saratoga Springs - 1st Trip for son
12/2004 - WDW - All Star Sports - Babymoon
12/2003 - WDW - All Star Movies - New Year's at Castle!
05/2002 - WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge
06/2001 - Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel - 1st Anniversary
05/2000 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge/Disney Institute/Port Orleans - Honeymoon
06/1998 - Disneyland - Off Property
10/1995 - WDW - All Star Sports
06/1993 - WDW - Wilderness Campground
Summer 1982 - Disneyland - 1st trip ever
Old 03-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
ckquan
MouseheadSF

A few more ideas for you:
1. Cirque du Soleil
2. Characters in Flight (this is the giant tethered balloon – Aerophile – that will take guests 300 feet into the air from the waterfront at Downtown Disney)
3. Spa treatment for your wife at Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs
4. Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea
5. Rent a boat to watch the Illuminations or Wishes fireworks - http://allears.net/btp/illum.htm
ckquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
LDDisnoid
Former 509 Castmember

Thank you to both pamickey and ckquan. I know pamickey mentioned it first, but I wasn't really sure what you were referring to when you said to ride the balloon up in the air. I was not aware of this new attraction at DTD. When ckquan mentioned, "Characters in Flight" and gave a description of what it was, I had to go check that out.

It is perfect.

That is what I'm giving my wife for her birthday. We have always talked about going up in a hot air balloon, but are a little nervous about if we would like it. This is a perfect trial. We can see what we think of going in a hot air balloon, but for a short amount of time. If we really love it, we will definately look into doing an actual hot air balloon ride sometime. And to have it at Disney World is that much better. Thank you so much.

Oh, and another thing, my son is so interested in hot air balloons, he will love it too. Thank you both for such a great idea. ;-)

Completed Vacations!
05/2010 - WDW - Bay Lake Tower - 10th Anniversary
05/2008 - WDW - Saratoga Springs - 1st Trip for son
12/2004 - WDW - All Star Sports - Babymoon
12/2003 - WDW - All Star Movies - New Year's at Castle!
05/2002 - WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge
06/2001 - Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel - 1st Anniversary
05/2000 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge/Disney Institute/Port Orleans - Honeymoon
06/1998 - Disneyland - Off Property
10/1995 - WDW - All Star Sports
06/1993 - WDW - Wilderness Campground
Summer 1982 - Disneyland - 1st trip ever

Tags
anniversary, planning, surprise, wife

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: