Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Whacka-Whacka-Whacka! A New Muppet Movie

So the "Give a day Get a day" stars get a new movie!! Where are the new Muppet-o-rails?

from MTV.com

Quote:
Jason Segel To Play Live-Action Lead In Upcoming Muppets Movie

by Adam Rosenberg in News

There's been a flurry of activity surrounding the Muppets over the past few months. First, there were those great Muppets Studio YouTube video (see: "Bohemian Rhapsody"). Then there was word that Disney is very interested in having "The Flight of the Conchords" co-creator James Bobin direct. Then, the first details emerged about the story laid out in the script written by Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller. The awesome news today is the Segel will also join the cast as the live-action star, and Bobin is "on board" to direct, according to a report on THR's Heat Vision blog. Segel will also produce with David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films/TV ("The Proposal").
If you don't know who Segel is by name, you still probably know him by sight. He goes all the way to Judd Apatow's famously (and unjustly) canceled TV series "Freaks and Geeks." Segel most recently appeared in hit comedies "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "I Love You, Man." The former of those two is what makes him particularly well-suited to a movie in which he supposedly travels around in an attempt to reunite the Muppets.
In "Sarah Marshall," Segel played a music composer for a police procedural TV series. He had a dream though, a simple dream of staging a Dracula rock opera... with puppets. One of the film's most magical moments comes when he performs one of the show's songs for a bar full of Hawaiian drunks... and Mila Kunis.
Granted, Segel's fictional character having an obsession with a puppet-driven musical doesn't necessarily mean that his involvement in a Muppet movie will be awesome. But it sure doesn't mean it won't be awesome. And since Segel and Stoller collaborated as writer and director, respectively, on "Sarah Marshall," there's clearly some reverence for Jim Henson's classic creations.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
j&j620
Mouseketeer

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

I'd definitely hop on the Fozzie Bear-o-rail!

June 2009 - Disneymoon Poly/Disney Wonder / August 2010 - Family trip POFQ
July 2011 - 2nd Anniversary/graduate school graduation trip WL / Nov/Dec 2011 - Christmas trip with the in-laws Poly
July 2013 - 4th Anniversary Cruise YC/Disney Fantasy / September 2014 - 5th Anniversary/10 day extravaganza GF
j&j620 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I hope they do it good.. .I heard something like Miss Piggy might be like Lady GaGa...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
LoodlesNoodles
DIS Veteran

As long as they do justice to my beloved Muppets I am happy for them do this.
LoodlesNoodles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: