Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Poohtigeey
DIS Veteran

If we stay at BLT we'll actually SAVE money & other little white lies*UPDATE!! 4/27

Ok, let’s see if I remember how to write one of these things…

HI! I’m Monica. I am a home schooling mom of two and I’ve been married to my wonderful husband Dave for 11 years. I had been in a bit of a Disney lull so I hadn’t had Disney on the brain for awhile and had taken a DIS break. Shocking, I know! But around the end of summer I was getting the Disney itch so I started working on a plan. Luckily, a few of my very good friends, who coincidentally I met on the DIS boards were getting the itch too. So after a lot of emails and date changes and number crunching we were in sync . Time to take my plans to my husband….

“Honey. I think we should give the kids a trip to Disney for Christmas. Disney is having a buy 4 nights, get 3 free deal so we’d be saving money. And we wouldn’t have to get the kids many gifts so we’d be saving money. And we could go in February so we wouldn’t be home for the highest electric bill so we’d be saving money. Oh, and they have this new place called Bay Lake Tower that sleeps 5 so we wouldn’t have to get two rooms since my mom comes with us so we’d actually be saving money. And it has a kitchen so we’d be saving money….”

“AND, we’d be with a group of friends so it’ll be much more relaxing than in the past.”

Then, I handed him my 4 pages of detailed notes on cost for each resort and all the pros and cons. Of course, he had no idea what he was reading so he just said, “Whatever you decide is fine.” Woo Hoo! We’re staying at Bay Lake Tower baby!!!!!

It wasn’t an easy decision. I did put a lot of thought into it, but in the end it made sense for us to stay there. My mom comes with us and we just can’t do one room anymore without wanting to kill each other. We split the cost of the resort with her so in the end it was only a couple of hundred dollars more than getting two value rooms. I was beyond excited. Now, the big problem was how was I going to keep my mouth shut and not slip in front of the kids?!

Hunter is 8 and such a neat kid. He is full of energy and laughs. A little on the crazy side, but he has a heart of gold. He has had a love for animals as long as I can remember. He went to Disney for the first time right before he turned 3 and again when he was 6. His Disney interests are changing, but he still has the love.
Hunter in 2007

Megan is 4 and is a sweetie with a bit of a stinker thrown in. She is very funny and loaded with drama. We compare her to Dug. She’ll be telling you something and then it’s like…”SQUIRREL!” And she’s off to something else. She turned 2 at Disney so I knew this would be a magical trip for her. Almost like she’d never been before.
Megan in 2007

So I secretly planned and plotted until Christmas finally came and we could make our big reveal.

The time flew by and soon it was Groundhog Day and time to make this trip a reality! We were so excited for so many reasons. Not only were we going to Disney, but we were staying at a monorail resort AND we were meeting up with wonderful friends AND my aunt and uncle who we don’t see very often were joining us for a day. It was going to be AWESOME!

Was it awesome? Did things go as planned? Did we run into a big ole Groundhog Day disaster? Well, I look forward to sharing all of that with you. Stay tuned…..

All of us in 2007

And to for extra measure to make you want to come back here's a picture from the girl's trip I took with some of my DIS friends.

UPDATE LINKS:
A love/hate relationship with our GPS and Sea World fun
An end to a splish splashing good day!
Bring on the Disney magic!
Steel drums and dolphins
Bring on the crazy hats!
Get out of that sharks mouth!
A princess is born
The Dumbo Dash!!

Last edited by Poohtigeey; 04-27-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! I was all "awww....look at those cute precious kids," and "awww...."what a great family picture to end with"! And then I get to the last picture.....

I am so glad you decided to do a trip report, Monica! I adore your family and had such a great time being able to all spend time together in our favorite place!

Now....move it along missy!!

Sara
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Sara BEAT ME!!! Going back to read!

Sara
Old 03-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Hi Monica!! I am so happy you decided to write a trip report .

I love the "we would be saving money giving them Disney for Christmas, by staying at BLT, and having a kitchen" strategy!! Brilliant !

The pictures of the kids are priceless, your children are beautiful.

The picture of you and Sara is awesome!!

I am going to love this report like I do her's .
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
Poohtigeey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! I was all "awww....look at those cute precious kids," and "awww...."what a great family picture to end with"! And then I get to the last picture.....

I am so glad you decided to do a trip report, Monica! I adore your family and had such a great time being able to all spend time together in our favorite place!

Now....move it along missy!!

Sara
I thought you'd like that. It is one of my favorite pictures ever! I'll post updates as fast as you do. You're on a roll though so I better get going. Thanks for reading! (As if you had a choice)

Quote:
Hi Monica!! I am so happy you decided to write a trip report .

I love the "we would be saving money giving them Disney for Christmas, by staying at BLT, and having a kitchen" strategy!! Brilliant !

The pictures of the kids are priceless, your children are beautiful.

The picture of you and Sara is awesome!!

I am going to love this report like I do her's .
Thanks for reading Tracy! I've missed you. Good thing we have Facebook. I need to mosey on over to your report and get back in the loop.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohtigeey View Post
Thanks for reading Tracy! I've missed you. Good thing we have Facebook. I need to mosey on over to your report and get back in the loop.
Like I wouldn't read a report from you. I adore you, Sara, and Michelle.

There has been a huge change on my PTR and I have handy dandy links if you need to catch up ,
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

WHAT???? A Monica trip report?? I didn't get the memo but look what I happily stumbled upon this morning! I'm so glad you decided to write this. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to hear all about your experience at 1900 Park Fare.

Great start! It's neat to see the changes in your kids in just two years in the pictures, they sure grow up too fast don't they?

Your "we'll be saving money" logic works for me! BLT was gorgeous and I'd love to have the opportunity to stay there someday.

More please!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Monica,
So happy you decided to write a trip report after all . I love the saving money ideas you used on Dave to convince him. I will be using a few of those next year I'm sure. I think you made the perfect choice of resort for your family too. Waiting for more .

Nichole
Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
Poohtigeey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Like I wouldn't read a report from you. I adore you, Sara, and Michelle.

There has been a huge change on my PTR and I have handy dandy links if you need to catch up ,
Aw, you are such a sweetie! I adore you too. And some day we might actually meet! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
WHAT???? A Monica trip report?? I didn't get the memo but look what I happily stumbled upon this morning! I'm so glad you decided to write this. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to hear all about your experience at 1900 Park Fare.

Great start! It's neat to see the changes in your kids in just two years in the pictures, they sure grow up too fast don't they?

Your "we'll be saving money" logic works for me! BLT was gorgeous and I'd love to have the opportunity to stay there someday.

More please!
Hey Michelle! See what happens when you go to bed early?! The peer pressure got to me. I'll be glad to have the report since I've already forgotten details. By the time I go to scrapbook the trip I'll have forgotten everything without this trip! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Monica,
So happy you decided to write a trip report after all . I love the saving money ideas you used on Dave to convince him. I will be using a few of those next year I'm sure. I think you made the perfect choice of resort for your family too. Waiting for more .

Nichole
Hey Nichole! Well, at least I have 3 readers! I'll try to update tonight and start getting to the good stuff.

Now lets see if my link in my siggie works....
Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Hi Monica - I'll be your number 4 follower! I love reading TR's and I think it's great that you folks all got together at WDW and it looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to hop between the TR's!

Nancy
Old 03-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

You've got 5 now!

Sara
Tracy
Michelle
Nichole
Nancy

Sara
Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
You've got 5 now!

Sara
Tracy
Michelle
Nichole
Nancy

Sara
And I'm sure more will come aboard!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #14
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Hi Monica
Jumping on board, very cute kiddos!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #15
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Hi Monica,

I followed you over from Sara's report. So nice that you got to enjoy Disney with friends.

You have such cute children.

Look forward to hearing more.

Erika

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: