Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Who watched the Original World of Disney on TV???

I did!!! Sunday nights 7 pm... God forbid you put on anything else on our TV at that time...

And it was great to see Walt do the intros and such... We saw so much back then and it was so varied - I feel bad for kids who know the characters but really haven't had too much exposure to the beginnings and the old animation...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I really miss watching that!!

For a while not long ago, Saturday nights on ABC there were Disney Movies, but I don't think they play anymore.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
southernbelle20
Mouseketeer

I did!!!!! I miss it!
southernbelle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

It's the opening from that show is why I love Tink... the show couldn't start until Tinkerbell started the fireworks...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
llaxton
Mouseketeer

Me me me!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

Was it the "World of Disney" and then "Little House on the Prairie?"

Actually, "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom," "World of Disney," and then "Little House." And then bedtime.

I think that was the Sunday night lineup.

Gosh, it's like I'm seven years old, sitting in my parents' living room again. Happy memories.
themilesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
Tink rules

Basement... couches covered in Naugahyde...

Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #8
iwrbnd
DIS Veteran

When did it go off the air? I think I faintly remember it!

iwrbnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 AM   #9
Tink rules

Back in the 70's...

Then it came back sort of with a newer version hosted by Michael Eisner. But it was different. It was usually movies and that's all...

The original had the animation and sometimes movies and series.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #10
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesfamily View Post

Actually, "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom," "World of Disney," and then "Little House." And then bedtime.

Gosh, it's like I'm seven years old, sitting in my parents' living room again. Happy memories.
OMG. That was my Sunday night too. I always looked forward to them. Wow, that brings back memories.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
lodgelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesfamily View Post

YES! We were allowed to eat grilled cheese sandwiches and soup in the den for supper on trays (a very big deal!) Warm and happy memories!

lodgelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
Tink rules

Old 03-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

WOW Those were some good days, wouldn't it be great if they put those out on DVD to buy

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
Tink rules

I think they are missing out on a whole demographic... US!!! Don't we buy DVD's too?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
RyeCrimsonMoon
Mouseketeer

I use to watch it when I was a kid on the Disney Channel, after like midnight they would play them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: