Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #46
disneymegs
Mouseketeer

I just checked in this morning and I'm at the DTD location. Guess I'll see you there!
disneymegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #47
disneymegs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch88 View Post
If you girls have any specific questions about the BBB, feel free to ask me. I was a FGIT for the Fall 09 CP. I can tell you that it was the best experience of my life, but I didn't truly appreciate it until too far into the program. I worked at DTD and made some of the best friends I could ever imagine. The F/T and P/T FGITS are typically great, but really the other CPs are what makes the experience the best. Be sure to take the time to realize how lucky you are and how wonderful it is to be working at the Boutique. Also if you need some tips for good stories to tell to entertain your princesses. PM me. Good luck & have fun!!
I'm about to start at DTD, I really wanted MK though. DTD doesn't seem as busy. Did you have a lot of down time? I like to have a lot to do!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #48
cuethemusic
Mouseketeer

do any of you BBB girls have blogs? I'm applying for spring 2011 and would love to read them!
cuethemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #49
disneymegs
Mouseketeer

Some girls that posted in this thread earlier on too have some.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #50
MermaidRam310
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymegs View Post
I just checked in this morning and I'm at the DTD location. Guess I'll see you there!
AWESOME! I'm at the DTD location too. I just started there last week. Do you know if you're doing hair or cash wrap. I'm cash wrap, which means I work at the register & help out the hair girls when needed.
MermaidRam310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #51
disneymegs
Mouseketeer

They didn't say which, but I talked to my interviewer about having some hair experience from my grandmother's salon and I'm a certified make-up artist. I hope I can do hair. Maybe they'll start you on hair eventually. What's your name? I have my "our town" training at DTD on Saturday then I get fitted for the FGIT costume I think.

Last edited by disneymegs; 08-26-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #52
misch88
Can't wait until I go back to the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymegs View Post
I'm about to start at DTD, I really wanted MK though. DTD doesn't seem as busy. Did you have a lot of down time? I like to have a lot to do!
It really depends on the season, how much down time you will have. It definitely is less busy than MK, but I absolutely loved it and I loved the other CPs when I was there. A lot of the F/T FGITs were awesome as well. I wanted MK initially too, but I was glad in the end that I got DTD. With the Halloween and Christmas parties, it will be busier as well as when it is busy at the parks in general. The down time can get a little frustrating, but then you can go out and Pixie Dust and sometimes even play with the kids etc. Have fun, relax with training, and definitely ask for help you have any questions or problems (you can ask the FGITs who have been there awhile or me if you don't feel comfortable asking them). I hope you enjoy it and that the other CPs are as awesome as they were for me. PM me if you need anything!
misch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #53
misch88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidRam310 View Post
I'm new @ BBB (DTD location). Were you cash wrap or hair? If you were cash wrap, I would LOVE to hear your experience. Every girl I've talked to got to do hair. I want to hear experience from someone who did cash wrap. Did you ever wanted to do hair? Did you ask the managers if there was any way you could get out of cash wrap & do hair instead?
I was hair, sorry I can't help too much, but I think if you talk to a BBB manager you might be able to ask if you can get trained as a FGIT to do hair. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #54
misch88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewjubean View Post
I worked at WOD for the Fall 09 program! I actually worked at the Information desk for most of the program! We most likely worked at the same time for awhile.
Haha that's funny. We most likely saw each other or at least passed each other on a regular basis. I mostly stuck to the BBB and FGITs/cashwrap, but I'm ure we came across each other at some point.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #55
disneymegs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch88 View Post
It really depends on the season, how much down time you will have. It definitely is less busy than MK, but I absolutely loved it and I loved the other CPs when I was there. A lot of the F/T FGITs were awesome as well. I wanted MK initially too, but I was glad in the end that I got DTD. With the Halloween and Christmas parties, it will be busier as well as when it is busy at the parks in general. The down time can get a little frustrating, but then you can go out and Pixie Dust and sometimes even play with the kids etc. Have fun, relax with training, and definitely ask for help you have any questions or problems (you can ask the FGITs who have been there awhile or me if you don't feel comfortable asking them). I hope you enjoy it and that the other CPs are as awesome as they were for me. PM me if you need anything!
Thanks so much! I start on the job training tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #56
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!!!!!

I think you will have a fabulous time!

zoe999pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #57
KellyJo
Earning My Ears

This is so funny looking back on now that I've been in the program for almost 5 months. Especially since now I know a lot of the girls who've posted on here.

If any girls that are planning to apply for a CP soon and have any questions, I'm currently at the BBB in MK and can answer some for you. But it sounds like things haven't changed too much since these other girls were there :- ) Except maybe some management and hair rules
KellyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #58
thisisemily
Earned my Ears!

I am applying in a week and I REAAALLLYY hope I get to be a Fairy Godmother in Training

thisisemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #59
crystalbtrfly07
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. I'm going to be applying for Fall 2011, and I was wondering if anyone who was in BBB could remember any of the interview questions for this position. I'm guessing there will be questions about customer service, working with children, and hair and makeup, but any other tips about what to think about before the interview would be great. I just want to feel as confident and prepared as I can be.
crystalbtrfly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #60
lilmissdisney216
Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbtrfly07 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm going to be applying for Fall 2011, and I was wondering if anyone who was in BBB could remember any of the interview questions for this position. I'm guessing there will be questions about customer service, working with children, and hair and makeup, but any other tips about what to think about before the interview would be great. I just want to feel as confident and prepared as I can be.
Hey crystalbtrfly07,

I'm at BBB for Spring Advantage 2011 (I arrive 2/21) and I know that during my interview they asked me about my experiences in hair and make up (I do theatrical/SFX makeup, pageant hair and makeup [as needed], and I do my makeup for dance and figure skating along with hair. I was also on makeup crew during theatre in high school) but they also gave me a scenario if I had a timid princess who wasn't as open to having her hair and makeup done what would I do. It wasn't too hard and I just had to think about all of my experiences working at Build a Bear, in childcare, and with my pageant girls that I coach that are reluctant to getting their hair done. That's the one thing that really stood out in my mind about my interview for the CP and BBB if I think of any I'll be sure to post em!! Good luck on your interview!!

Meredith

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: