Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #31
Kumquatmelon
Desiring Disney

Toy Story 3 and TRONN!!!!!

I can't wait until my Disney Tron shirt comes in the mail!!!!!!

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone. Hollywood, 1939. Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling, young movie town at the height of its golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right; a beacon for the show business elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. The time is now on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed. Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator still in operation, waiting for you. We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode, you are the star. And this elevator travels directly to - The Twilight Zone."
Kumquatmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #32
j&j620
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-lola View Post
Oceans, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, Bear and the Bow, King of the Elves, & Snow Queen.
I thought this project was scrapped a few years ago...? Any details?

June 2009 - Disneymoon Poly/Disney Wonder / August 2010 - Family trip POFQ
July 2011 - 2nd Anniversary/graduate school graduation trip WL / Nov/Dec 2011 - Christmas trip with the in-laws Poly
July 2013 - 4th Anniversary Cruise YC/Disney Fantasy / September 2014 - 5th Anniversary/10 day extravaganza GF
j&j620 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #33
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

I am dying for Toy Story 3. The first two movies are amazing, and it took my breath away to see college-aged Andy in the first teaser for the movie.

I'm 25 now, but I was quite young when I saw the first Toy Story in theaters. I can't believe how many years ago that was. I feel like Andy has grown up with me (or vice versa). A friend my age and I were discussing it and the thought had both of us rather emotional (and he's a guy! ). I have a theory about how it might end, and if it does end the way I am thinking, well... tears will be shed on my part, I assure you!

Oh Pixar, how I love thee.

Moving to South Korea in August. Hoping my next Disney trip is to Tokyo DisneySea!
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #34
leslie@dvcstore
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

i am looking forward to the next pirates of the caribbean movie although disappointed orlando blume is not returning
leslie@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #35
the horned king
DIS Veteran

Tron Legacy and Toy Story 3!
the horned king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #36
softball chick
Flying through time and space in the Tardis with my Doctor
ALONS-Y!

TOY STORY 3!!! I totally grew up with the toy story movies and loved them so I'm so excited to be able to see what happens next!

The Good Person of Sichuan ~ The Sound of Music ~ The Government Inspector ~ Annie ~ Macb*** ~ Life With Mother Superior ~ The Pajama Game ~ Funny as a Crutch ~ Once in a Lifetime ~ Dracula ~ Beauty and the Beast ~ [Insert Title Here]
softball chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
dancer067
I dance dance dance!!!I am THE sole survivor!!!Second Star to the Right, and Straight on Till Morning

Location: Never Never Land, but I have a vacation house in OZ ;)

Toy Story 3 :]
dope biddie kehd.
I'm a GLEEK! (:
Beantown!
Dwight picked the wrong day to put a wooden mallard on my desk - Jim Halpert
Agent Michael Scarn: Threat Level Midnight
Michael: Where's my evite-ation?
Ryan started the fire!
Ryan: I'm very flattered. I was his second choice after "pass"
BIG TUNA!
The worst part about prison was the Dementors! - "Prison Mike"
Michael: I'm not supersticous, but I am a little sticious.
BEARS. BEETS. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
dancer067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #38
LittleMissMusical
Future Disney Princess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Yes, they are filming the 4th Pirate movie as I type this! Now, THAT is a movie that I won't miss at all! We love the Pirate movies and IMHO, Noone on this planet could have played Capt Jack better than Johnny Depp! He is AMAZING in this role and I am so glad they decided to go on with the 4th. They had said that there was a script for it but were unsure if they would make it or just end the movies with the 3rd, so when they announced that they were already filming the 4th I jumped out of my chair!
yea but orlando and kira where cut!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennbunn View Post
toy story 3
cars 2 : )
cars 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-lola View Post
Oceans, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, Bear and the Bow, King of the Elves, & Snow Queen.
i had never heard of those or sorcerers apprentice till reading this thread... anyone care to elaborate????

i am sososososososo excited for ts3. growing up jessie was my favorite disney character. i even had the pull string jessie doll(i wrote my name in sharpie on the bottom of her foot like andy did to woody!). tangled looks really good too! i remember hearing in '06 that it was in the works... it was originally slated for '08!!!! well disney missed that deadline!
LittleMissMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #39
Ppufi
Care Bear at Heart

I'm excited about the Maleficent movie coming up. I'm pretty sure it's not a rumor anymore, but I can't be sure.

Imagine it, Create it.
Ppufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #40
LittleMissMusical
Future Disney Princess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppufi View Post
I'm excited about the Maleficent movie coming up. I'm pretty sure it's not a rumor anymore, but I can't be sure.
they are in talks with angie jolie... there was a piece in people about it!
LittleMissMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #41
princess-lola
~Disney fan~

Seem like a lot of people what to know more about some of the movies I wrote about. I have to say I find most my movie info on Wikipedia so I hope it's credible on this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._feature_films I go to the bottom of the page and look at the "future relases". Also I have been hearing about an Enchanted sequal all over the place.

Walt Disney World vacation was May 7-14 2005.
princess-lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #42
Feline Princess
Earning My Ears

Toy Story 3! When I was a little kid, the first Toy Story was good, but still held a back seat to Lion King, B&tB, Aladdin, etc, but Toy Story 2 was (and still is) one of my favorite movies. Jessie was my favorite Pixar character for years and I carried the doll around everywhere. What's more, with the release of Toy Story 3...there are some eerie parallels. I am also going off to college this fall, and trying to cope with leaving my carefree childhood behind, and clinging to my old toys and such. Needless to say, this movie is going to have me in tears, I just know it. Especially considering Pixar has been putting more and more tearjerker material in their films over the years.

Then there's Rapunzel/Tangled. I'm a big fan of the modern Princess movies from Disney, and I've heard this is supposed to be just as good as the others. And although I prefer 2D for fairytale films, the oil painting look I've heard about sounds beautiful!
(Plus, Alan Menkin!)

PotC has me both worried an excited. 3 wasn't quite as strong as I think it could have been, and franchises tend to do poorly in a 4th installment, but I'm hoping for the best. I have so many fond memories attached to the pirates fandom and its movies!

And if they ever manage to make Snow Queen (it got shelved again ), I definitely want to see that. I love that story, and a Disney Version would be awesome.
Feline Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #43
Pil
Earning My Ears

How come we saw sequels (several in some cases) for classics like Cinderella, Jungle Book, Peter Pan etc but we've never had sequels for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc ?? How do we all feel about sequels 50 years after an original classic ?
Pil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #44
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pil View Post
How come we saw sequels (several in some cases) for classics like Cinderella, Jungle Book, Peter Pan etc but we've never had sequels for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc ?? How do we all feel about sequels 50 years after an original classic ?

I am actually excited to see these! To me the originals are a bit dated and there are some kids who just cant get into them. The animation was grainy! I know that neither of my kids will sit through any of the older movies. They just dont hold their attention! They are 8 and 4. I am excited to see what Tim Burton brings to the table with the remakes he is doing and I am excited to see the new fresh look of the movies! Worse case senario~noone likes the new ones and the originals are still intact! No harm no foul!

I havent heard that they are going to be sequel type movies....I heard they are flat out remakes.

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Pyrate_Pryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #45
Amber Leigh
Help! I just bid on another Disney pin on ebay!

"Tangled" cus I'm totally a princess movie kind of girl and while I look forward to "Toy Story 3" and such, more so for "Tangled."

MOST of all though oh I am REALLLLLLY waiting with anticipation for "Brave" (formally known as the "Bear and the Bow"... what is up with all the name changes on their movies) But that a long ways off. Yet it is like my ideal plot line for a princess movie. I mean... a highland warrior princess. That girl is gonna kick booty

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: