Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Family Magic Tour

I am looking for something different and special to do for our next trip. I found this info and I am looking for info from those who have done it. My sons will be 6 and nearly 4. Looking mainly for cost and value...please don't give away any spoilers though so we'll all be surprised if we choose to do this. Thanks so much!

Here's the infor from disneyworld.com:
Disney's Family Magic Tour invites Guests to join their family and friends on a 1 ½ to 2-hour guided interactive quest to save Magic Kingdom theme park from the dastardly plans of a Disney Villain.

Guests of all ages welcome, however the tour is best for guests ages 4 to 10 years.

Your tour guide needs your help as your tour group searches high and low for clues in this adventure through Magic Kingdom theme park. Unlike most tours, your party will play an active role in the experience as you put on your detective hat, follow tricky clues, solve diabolical puzzles and engage in a lively scavenger hunt.

Adults and children of all ages will enjoy Disney's Family Magic Tour. Be sure to bring your camera to capture some unique memories.

Magic Kingdom theme park admission is required and is not included in the price of the tour. Please keep in mind that Disney's Family Magic Tour is an outdoor tour, so be sure to check the weather report and dress appropriately.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
lilmissbehaved
Earning My Ears

We did this when my now 6 year old was 4. He had a WONDERFUL time and still talks about it and really got into and believed the whole story. The CM who ran the tour was fantastic and we all really had fun. The only thing negative I can say is that it was HOT as blazes that day and it really whooped our butts. We were all beat by the time the tour ended. :-)

I would definitely recommend it but take a break after if you are doing the tour in the summer!
lilmissbehaved is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
mrstomrice

Great! Do you remember the cost?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

We did this back in Dec of 2005, when our kids were 6 & 4. I think they were the perfect age for it. They loved it and still talk about it. You have to be willing to be silly (even the grown-ups), but it's a lot of fun. We have some really wonderful memories of that tour.

My kids liked the tour so much that, even though they are now 10 & 8, they want to do it again once our youngest child is old enough.

I think it was about $25 per person when we did it, but that was over 4 years ago. I think there were discounts available if you had a Disney Visa or AAA.

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
mrstomrice

Great! I will call today and update this post with information for all! Just waiting to send a nosy 5 year old to kindergarten!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
mrstomrice

I called 407-WDW-TOUR to get the information. The tour takes about 2 hours and is at 10 am daily. She said it was one of the more popular tours and all ages can attend. For all participants ages 3 and up, the cost is $34.00. Your park admission is additional. If you book with a Disney Visa, there is a 20% discount. For 4 of us paying with a discount, the total is $108.80. Hope this helps!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: