Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #61
canabrits2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennise View Post
This time tomorrow evening we should be there. We don't stay on site, but we enjoy every minute of our vacation. Doing the Hoop-de-doo review on Thursday evening. Our first Disney dinner show.
OMG....someone from here is there right now....
Old 04-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #62
kid@heart2
Never too old to dream...

So exciting..

Its awesome to read the posts on this board...warms my heart to think how happy Disney makes people feel!! After all, you only live once and if Disney can put smiles on people's faces, life's worth living ) (oh gees, doesn't that sound like a Hallmark Greeting card lol)

Seriously though...I look forward to all positive and exciting posts. Have a great vacation you guys!

April 2008 - Pop Century
May 2009 - Second Trip to WDW- Pop Century,
April 2010 - Third Trip - Pop Century (with ds's friend)
April 29 2011- We're back again with family and friends

AND...certainly not the last......
kid@heart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #63
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

Our passports came yesterday!
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
weezy26nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #64
peigirl
Mouseketeer

I am Paula and I have lived in PEI for the last 19 years but my heart will always be in Pictou County. My extended family and inlaws live there. Spent many summers lazing at The Merb. I really miss Pictou County pizza (Sam's, Ted's and Acropole). I am sure that anyone originally from the county who has moved away can relate.

I am somewhat of a Disney nut, always planning my next vacation. I had been down 5 times as a teenager (only MK then) and have taken my DH, DD17, DD14 and DS4 3 times. Our last trip was Dec 11/2008 to Jan 11/2009. Oh yeah, and we always drive, Actually, I do all the driving as DH thinks the traffic is too busy.

We are hoping to get back in Dec 2011 for another month.

Paula
peigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #65
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezy26nm View Post
Our passports came yesterday!
Thanks for the reminder! I have mine but I need to get the kids before our fall trip.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #66
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigirl View Post
We are hoping to get back in Dec 2011 for another month.

Paula
A month!!! Lucky stiff!

Nice to see all the Islanders on here too....though I'm in the Annapolis Valley I was actually born in Summerside and lived in Travellers Rest for a short time (military dad) and spent a week nearly every summer with a cousin in Stanley Bridge.

By the way spring is officially here....got my first burn in the orchard today....getting a good start on this year's Farmers Tan
Old 04-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #67
IcePrincess467
Love everything about WDW and I am Addicted to The Dis!!

I'm Jen from Cape Breton! My DH & I love Disney! We try to go at least once a year (I would love to go more- but money always seems to be an issue- lol) We are heading to Florida in 12 days, it will be my DS(6.5 months) first visit!! Can't wait!

As for the school board giving the 2 weeks off at the end of Feb. I am pretty sure the CBVRSB is considering it. I am a teacher, so I would love to have 2 weeks off in February!

Cast: Me (28), DH (30), DS (3.5 months) WDW Honeymoon May 2005, WDW Easter Trip April 2007 , WDW 2008 17 day vacation!, Connor's First Visit to meet Mickey April 2010
IcePrincess467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #68
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
Thanks for the reminder! I have mine but I need to get the kids before our fall trip.
They didn't even take the 2 full weeks that they said they would.
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
weezy26nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #69
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm Tina from Charlottetown. I think my username says it all, I am a Disney Freak (or Disney obsessed...). Single, but I have a huge family. In about a month, I'll be very depressed as three of my sisters (2 with their families, the other single) will be heading to Orlando. It's been my dream to go with my family, and they never want to travel when I can. "March Break is too busy, it's too cold... Summer's too hot"... etc. So now three of them are travelling without me! It's been tough to help them plan, as they keep coming to me to ask questions. Oh well, what can I do?

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #70
U2FanHfx
DIS Veteran

Welcome Jen from another Cape Bretoner! I'm in Halifax now but my parents still live down home.

We are leaving in 7 days for a Wonder cruise followed by Disney World. Staying at Saratoga Springs this year with our friends.

Hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess467 View Post
I'm Jen from Cape Breton! My DH & I love Disney! We try to go at least once a year (I would love to go more- but money always seems to be an issue- lol) We are heading to Florida in 12 days, it will be my DS(6.5 months) first visit!! Can't wait!

As for the school board giving the 2 weeks off at the end of Feb. I am pretty sure the CBVRSB is considering it. I am a teacher, so I would love to have 2 weeks off in February!

Follow our travels on our blog: http://chadandlisamarie.blogspot.com/
WDW - '87,'95,'96,'97,'98,'99,'00,'01,'01,'03,'04,'05,'0 6,'06,'07,'07,'08,'08,'10,'10,'11,'12
DL - '00,'09
DCL - '01,'06,'07,'10,'11,'11,'12,'12

DVC Member since 2006 - Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge
U2FanHfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #71
LuvMyEAR
Mouseketeer

Happy Easter!

We certainly can't complain about the weather this wekend, can we??? Don't know about the rest of you, but I am taking great delight in the fact that I can wear shorts on Easter Sunday in Halifax and again in Nov... in WDW!

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday in ways that make you and your families most happy.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #72
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyEAR View Post
We certainly can't complain about the weather this wekend, can we??? Don't know about the rest of you, but I am taking great delight in the fact that I can wear shorts on Easter Sunday in Halifax and again in Nov... in WDW!

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday in ways that make you and your families most happy.
We'll be there at about the same time! I'm hoping to pull together some kind of Dis-meet while we're down there!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #73
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
We'll be there at about the same time! I'm hoping to pull together some kind of Dis-meet while we're down there!
Hi there, looks like we'll be arriving a day later than you. I'm Vicki from Shediac, New Brunswick and since my first official on-site honeymoon trip last year, we're hooked. So we're heading back this year for our 1st year anniversary.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
vikkii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #74
Tatalee
Getting ready for my first trip!

Oh my heavens! There is an Atlantic thread and I'm only finding it NOW? Never mind the fact that I'm not the most overly active poster outside of the Creative board.

I'm Tara from Halifax! I'll be 27 until the end of next month (at which time I celebrate my Third Anniversary of being 25!), and I have one adorable - and slightly hyper - seven year old little boy.

Even when I was a little girl, I used to dream of Disney. The family across the street from me had grandparents who lived RIGHT outside of the World; and they would all traipse down there for two weeks every single year! So I grew up watching Disney home movies, and planning my own trip.

And did I EVER plan! 27 whole years of it My boy and I took our first trip to Disney (and both of our first trips EVER) last September with my then 18 year old sister. I'm a compulsive planner, which paid off, since we got to do every single things we wanted with little to no waits.

My boy and I are getting all booked up and reserved for another trip this September - I got all my dining reservations DONE and got everything I wanted....now I just have to actually book the trip itself Which I'll be doing tomorrow evening after work!!

Erugh - sorry for the rant!!! It's just so exciting to see people in Atlantic Canada who actually LOVE DISNEY! I swear, no one I've ever met face to face can stand to listen to me talk about it for more then five minutes...so I've been deprived!

Sept '09, All-Star Music (Very first trip EVER!) / Sept '10, All-Star Music
Tatalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #75
Disney_Mama
DIS Veteran

Going to San Antonio TX in may DH just suggested that we make a detour and stop in WDW for a few days. Keep your fingers crossed that it's not just talk and actually going to happen.
Going to be flying out of Bangor. $1100 price difference between Delta and Air Canada.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: