Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #46
canabrits2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd101 View Post
. . . even had fun during the 10 straight days of record rainfall last May.
OMG! That's when we went!! Orlando had flash flooding .... we did have fun but I was devastated , after having planned that trip for over a year (and paying for 4 people by myself). I got SOOO sick on my last two days after spending 5 days soaking wet and in airconditioned restaurants.

Anyways, it's funny to know that other maritimers were there at that same week.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #47
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

My Disney and Orlando Flex tickets came on Friday!
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
weezy26nm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #48
weswife
DIS Veteran

I live in Pictou County too!!!!! We are going to the WL on Apr. 24 to May 1 !!Then on to the POP for 3 nights! This is the 1st split stay we have done! My family has 5 members. DH, me, DD 21, DD 16 and DS 10. Also DD's cousin 20 is travelling with us! We are getting more excited every day! My DH is not a big traveler but loves disney as much as me! My kids love it too! Its great for DD 16 as she is in a wheelchair and can take part too!!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful vacation!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #49
MinnieMommy
DIS Veteran

2011 Canada Winter Games break

Just curious,

Have any Nova Scotia Disers (outside of Halifax) contacted their local school board rep requesting they reconsider giving the 2 week break in Feb (instead of 1 week in March) to ALL school boards, not just Halifax?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #50
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMommy View Post

Just curious,

Have any Nova Scotia Disers (outside of Halifax) contacted their local school board rep requesting they reconsider giving the 2 week break in Feb (instead of 1 week in March) to ALL school boards, not just Halifax?
The Annapolis Valley Board did poll the schools and I believe the PTA's and SAC's about it because there would be some overlap here because some of our venues would be used and possibly some from here would be more able to volunteer. I know they didn't receive enough support for it so they decided to stay with the regular break.

I know a big issue for some families would have been child care for that extra week. Regular March Break is tough enough and costly enough for some families that doubling it would hurt. Plus I know a lot of parents weren't too sold on the idea of a shortend Christmas Break.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #51
dennise
DIS Veteran

Wheezynm - We have one more sleep then 12 days in hopefully sunny weather. I bet you are counting the days as well. I'll tell Mickey to expect a wild crowd from NS. Just kidding.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #52
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

Thanks Dennise! 1 more sleep, that is exciting. It is forecasting 23 and sun for tomorrow and the ten day forecast shows tomorrow as the lowest temp., it is up to 28 by the weekend and sun right through til next week and then some showers for Mon & Tues but still warm. So I think you picked the right time to go. It was nice seeing you last weekend. Have a great trip and can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
weezy26nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #53
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Hi all! We live in Dieppe. Been to Disney World the past 2 Decembers. Each time we come home saying we won't go back for a cpl years, cpl months later Im planning our next vacation. We have hopes to go back this September (so not even a year!). Usually we drive and then fly out of portland. But it is such a long drive with a 4 and 5 year old (they were even younger the first vacation!). I do enjoy the shopping and such, but makes for such a long trip. So fingers crossed that we find a cheap airfare out of Moncton. We live less than a 3 min drive fromthe airport. I keep teasing the kids that next time we will just walk to the airport to leave for Disney.
I am a stay at home Mom, and we don't smoke, drink, or do anything much really. Disney is our addiction.
I'm ready for some warm weather... snow is almost gone here... Every day I wish I was in Florida. Sigh.
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #54
Kermit257
Earning My Ears

Hello from Fredericton. Wife and I have been to WDW twice so far, April 2007 for 10 days and December 2009 for 12 days. I can say that i am much more addicted then the wife, so it's hard to convince her to do on another trip anytime soon boo for me.

Just on a side note, in December 2009, wife took 11,700 photos in our 12 days at WDW and i took about 25h of HD video footage.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to ask/write.
Kermit257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #55
SplashMom
I have a whole new perspective on life!
We are all Disney fanatics

Hi all!! I'm Barb and I'm from Cape Breton. We just got back last week and I'm still in my post-vacation depression . Yesterday, my husband looked up the dates and gave me a countdown for next year so the planning begins again!! We have been to Disney seven times since 2004 and we absolutely love it. We have two children, 23 and 20. Currently they are both in university but one will be graduating in May. They are also huge Disney addicts. Since we had to go on March break, they couldn't come with us this year so it was a couples only trip which was very nice! We stayed at POFQ and loved it. We have also stayed at Pop, POR, CBR, and AKL. I would love to try all resorts but the deluxe prices are really over the top, especially when you add our airfare. I agree that the Halifax prices are too high, but we don't have a lot of options. It is a 12 hour drive to go to Maine and that is a lot of time, especially for winter driving.

Next year we will likely go in February so hopefully, it won't be as busy as it was this year. We have done March break a few times and it has never been as busy as it was this year. We were fine because, of course, we had a plan, lol, but there were many frustrated families waiting in long lineups. I love the disboards and I have learned so many tips and tricks. Now to start planning...hmmmm....where should we stay??
April/May 2007 Pop Century / March 2008 POR / April/May 2009 Caribbean Beach / March 2010 POFQ / August 2010 Pop Century / February 2011 Port Orleans Riverside / February 2012 Port Orleans Riverside / March 2013 AKL Kidani Village and our first cruise on the Disney Dream / May 2013 Aulani...Paradise!/ March 2014 Dream Cruise...Bay Lake Tower/ March 2015 Beach Club and Western Caribbean Cruise!!
SplashMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #56
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMom View Post
Hi all!! I'm Barb and I'm from Cape Breton. We just got back last week and I'm still in my post-vacation depression . Yesterday, my husband looked up the dates and gave me a countdown for next year so the planning begins again!! We have been to Disney seven times since 2004 and we absolutely love it. We have two children, 23 and 20. Currently they are both in university but one will be graduating in May. They are also huge Disney addicts. Since we had to go on March break, they couldn't come with us this year so it was a couples only trip which was very nice! We stayed at POFQ and loved it. We have also stayed at Pop, POR, CBR, and AKL. I would love to try all resorts but the deluxe prices are really over the top, especially when you add our airfare. I agree that the Halifax prices are too high, but we don't have a lot of options. It is a 12 hour drive to go to Maine and that is a lot of time, especially for winter driving.

Next year we will likely go in February so hopefully, it won't be as busy as it was this year. We have done March break a few times and it has never been as busy as it was this year. We were fine because, of course, we had a plan, lol, but there were many frustrated families waiting in long lineups. I love the disboards and I have learned so many tips and tricks. Now to start planning...hmmmm....where should we stay??
You get me very excited just reading your post. Doesn't matter how many times, I get palpatations just thinking about going again. We do All Star Movies and LOVE IT! We have 2 small children (4 and 5) and it's SO Disney. They just loved the Toy Story section the first year, and Herbie Love Bug Section last Dec. This year we are just doing whatever is closest. It's all good. They would like 101 Dalmations though.
We thought about some moderate resorts, but we are so firmiliar with ASmo that it's like our 2nd home. So we are going to stick with that until the kids outgrow it and want something different.
We can't wait to go alone, but I can't imagine going without the kids. That being said, at this age, we do everything with them. We love doing things with them.
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
Old 03-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #57
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundytrail View Post
Did anyone know that the MK Wishes Desert Party was back on! Great way to watch the fireworks at the MK.

We just booked for April 17th.

See link for info;
http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/06/...dessert-party/
I dont see where it lists dates for 2010. Nothing until end of Sept is there? That would be great for our Anniversary.
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
Old 03-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #58
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystar120608 View Post
I dont see where it lists dates for 2010. Nothing until end of Sept is there? That would be great for our Anniversary.
It is now on for April & May for shore, I have booked as have many other see the thread below for lots of info;
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2426884

UPDATE All Ears News On Wishes Desert Party;
http://allears.net/tp/mk/dessertparty1.html

Last edited by Fundytrail; 04-03-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Update Info
Fundytrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #59
canabrits2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMommy View Post

Just curious,

I haven't with Strait School Board. I don't think they'd listen anyway. After they said they weren't extending for 2 weeks, I chose to book in May 2011 instead and just pull DD from school. She's small, it won't hurt.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #60
dennise
DIS Veteran

This time tomorrow evening we should be there. We don't stay on site, but we enjoy every minute of our vacation. Doing the Hoop-de-doo review on Thursday evening. Our first Disney dinner show.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: