Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #16
RainbowsMist
"There's a little kid in all of us..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprmom View Post
I just found everyone this month, I am Susan and live in Dartmouth with 2DD and DH. Years ago, we honeymooned in Disney and we have just returned from our third Disney family vacation. We are anxiously awaiting Harry Potter at Universal and have already agreed to forgo Disney next year (Yikes!) in anticipation of HP at Universal. My girls love Universal and I of Adventure. PLEASE let us know about any packages, I may even consider Portland to Orlando this summer if it works out. Let me know if any fellow Atl Cdns have found packages to stay on the Univ. resorts after HP opens in June.

Have you checked their website? There's already packages out. My girls and DH LOVED U/A and IOA..it's a must do for us. We're hoping there will be some soft openings when were are there in April/May! Can't wait for HP

March 2013 Carnival Breeze & Offsite
March 2012 Jamaica
March 2011 - Offsite
April 2010 - Offsite
March 2007 - Offsite *First Family Florida Vacation!*
RainbowsMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

We're planning to get the Orlando FlexPass, I thinks its the best deal - covers 14 days of everything other than Disney for a reasonable price (aprox. $260/ad, $240/ch).[/QUOTE]

Brad, you can get this from Undercover Tourist for 247.95 US. And shipping is free. I just ordered mine this morning. With the dollar sitting so high I couldn't resist.
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
weezy26nm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #18
sprmom
Earning My Ears

Just watch out for soft openings: we were there for the soft opening of the Simpsons ride and the wait was 3 hours long. Yup! Then my friend was at the soft opening for manatee in Sea World and the ride broke with her son hanging from it for 30 minutes! I want to go to HP when it is up and running smoothly and I would like a special better than what is on their web site now. Here's to hoping!

1977, 1979, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014(DLRP)!

Last edited by sprmom; 03-17-2010 at 07:00 AM.
sprmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #19
RainbowsMist
"There's a little kid in all of us..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprmom View Post
Just watch out for soft openings: we were there for the soft opening of the Simpsons ride and the wait was 3 hours long. Yup! Then my friend was at the soft opening for manatee in Seas World and the right broke with her son hanging from it for 30 minutes! I want to go to HP when it is up and running smoothly and I would like a special better than what is on their web site now. Here's to hoping!
For sure! We thought for sure HP would be opened when we had planned our trip. They were saying "Spring 2010"...thought for sure end of April / first week of May would be a safe time. Oh well...I've already told DH if it's not open then it's my excuse for HAVING to go back next year rather than wait another year....

March 2013 Carnival Breeze & Offsite
March 2012 Jamaica
March 2011 - Offsite
April 2010 - Offsite
March 2007 - Offsite *First Family Florida Vacation!*
RainbowsMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
weswife
DIS Veteran

Hello, my name is Sheila and I live in Pictou County, N.S.

I am married to my best friend Wesley for 23 years! We have 2 DD ages 21 and 16, also 1 DS 10 yrs.! DD 16 is in a wheelchair, Disney is great for her!

We have been to Disney 4 times. Stayed off resort once in 2000. We are hooked! LOVE it!

Stayed at the cabins, CBR, and this trip WL for 7 nights and POP for 3!!!!

Nice to meet everyone!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #21
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

I'm glad the idea of this thread is going over well! Is everyone enjoying the great warm weather we had today (at least here in the Annapolis Valley we are! )

I'm loving that the dollar is creeping up again. When we went in 2007 it had just hit par for the first time and we actually stopped to take a picture at the border of the 0% exchange rate. Of course when we went to Walmart in Calais that same day, DH asked out of curiosity what exchange rate they would give him on Canadian $ and the guy said 20% . DH told him perhaps he should speak to the managers about that one......
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #22
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

hello

Hi. Nancy here! I live outside Truro. I have a daughter 23, a step-daughter 20 and a son who will be 13 at the end of April. And yes Applemomma we are enjoying the beautiful weather up here too.
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
weezy26nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #23
canabrits2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
I'm glad the idea of this thread is going over well! Is everyone enjoying the great warm weather we had today (at least here in the Annapolis Valley we are! )

I'm loving that the dollar is creeping up again.
The weather is AWESOME in Antigonish too. Lovin' it. At home with my DD (6) for her March break. I took some vacation time just to hang out with her. Unfortunately, she's "practising" on her recorder she bought at the DollarStore.... :0

We're waiting to go to Crystal Palace on Friday for the night. We're picking up my nephew on the way who's the same age and they can ride the rides together....It's not Disney but hey, it's something. We're not getting another taste of Disney until NEXT may. I've never been to Crystal Palace but I'm astounded at the price per family package. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get there

Anyone else taken the kids to Crystal Palace and did you and they like it?

Last edited by canabrits2; 03-17-2010 at 09:56 AM.
canabrits2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #24
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Me and my DW reside in East Hants, Nova Scotia. We had made a few trips to Disney World a number of years ago with family. Now both of our children have returned to Disney World on their own after leaving home.

Two years ago the the DW and I wanted to go somewhere different for a vacation and decide on Disney World, and fell in love with it all over again and will return again this April.

Can't wait until the grandchildren are old enough to take
Old 03-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #25
CAJS04
Mouseketeer

From Edmundston

Hi, I'm Cathy from Edmundston, NB and I'm addicted to DISboards.

My DH, DS(9) and DD(5) have been on the Disney Cruise in 2008 and at CBR in 2009. I couldn't manage convincing my DH to go back this year - the funds are quite limited. But... I've just purchased 4 plane tickets from YUL to MCO for next year's March break!!! 258pp one way non-stop. Shhh, it's a secret! ;-) Last year we flew out of Bangor and I really enjoyed the small airport. The only disadvantage is that there isn't non stop flights and my DS doesn't travel well.

Thanks for the thread!
CAJS04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #26
mom4463
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kim and I live in Dartmouth with my DH and DD's who are 9 and 15. Our first trip to WDW was in 2008 and planned at the last minute. Of course, as soon as we got home we were planning our next trip. After hearing us talk about WDW so much, and how much fun we had, next month two of my sisters, their husbands and kids and my mother are coming with us! (13 in total).

To help pass the time this week we went to Crystal Palace. My youngest DD LOVES Crystal Palace ) We usually go to Crystal Palace on March Break and once or twice during the summer.

This is a great thread and it's so nice to meet everyone.

Offsite/Universal-IOA/Seaworld-February/2011
Offsite/Universal-IOA-WDW/April 2013
mom4463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #27
canabrits2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJS04 View Post
I've just purchased 4 plane tickets from YUL to MCO for next year's March break!!! 258pp one way non-stop. Shhh, it's a secret!
Hi Cathy, which airline is that with and where did you book? Awesome ticket deal. I don't blame you for making an executive decision on that one. hehe.... I need tickets for May 2011 (May07th sailing of the Magic) because my boss booked March break next year already so i couldn't... Is YUL Moncton?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #28
CAJS04
Mouseketeer

Hi Canabrits2,

Yul is Montreal and the price is only one way. I have to wait until next week to purchase the one way back... if I decide not to stay forever... Hmmm.

I really needed non stop - I'm not sure that they do that out of Moncton...

Good luck!
CAJS04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #29
OffKilterMom
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm Kim from St. John's and we're heading back to my happy place in 6 weeks. This is our first "Mom and Dad Only" trip. And we're excited (and feeling just a teensy bit guilty!) But we did have DS 11 and DD10 there in November for the MVMCP. We're trying CSR this time as it was recommended for an adults trip. Previous stays have been at POFQ and Pop, as well as offsite.
OffKilterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #30
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Okay....so the weather is horrible again (is there anything that is NOT in today's forcast? oh yah....sun)

Time for us to get off page 2 and start thinking warm Florida thoughts again.....

Just rebooked our vacation to a split stay at AKL and WL!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: