Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #196
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

dennise; we are not down to counting days yet

Last edited by Fundytrail; 10-24-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Fundytrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #197
Charleyann
Someone spilled the beans
Just 70 more days till that smell comes again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizunderstood View Post
Hi
I am MaryEllen and I am from Fredericton New Brunswick. I have a 6 year old DS and a almost 5 year old DD. I am a total Disney virgin, and planning our first ever WDW trip for Nov 2011 for my DD's 6th birthday.
Also helping my mother plan her first ever disney trip. She is going in March.
Hey nieghbour ! I have been 8 times. If you need any help just ask. Have stayed both onsite and off and travel from NB and Maine...

Charleyann
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #198
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

2 more sleeps! Can't wait to get out from under this rain cloud! Anyone else tired of this monsoon in this end of NS? The animals are lining up in pairs and I'm pretty sure my neighbor just rigged his car up with an outboard motor!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 AM   #199
U2FanHfx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
2 more sleeps! Can't wait to get out from under this rain cloud! Anyone else tired of this monsoon in this end of NS? The animals are lining up in pairs and I'm pretty sure my neighbor just rigged his car up with an outboard motor!
Don't even talk to me about the weather. It's been two weeks of rain in Halifax. We have seen the sun for an hour or two but it had rained everyday. I always wonder why I stay here lol

Have fun down in Disney. We are going down the first week of December and can't wait.

Follow our travels on our blog: http://chadandlisamarie.blogspot.com/
WDW - '87,'95,'96,'97,'98,'99,'00,'01,'01,'03,'04,'05,'0 6,'06,'07,'07,'08,'08,'10,'10,'11,'12
DL - '00,'09
DCL - '01,'06,'07,'10,'11,'11,'12,'12

DVC Member since 2006 - Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge
U2FanHfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #200
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2FanHfx View Post
Don't even talk to me about the weather. It's been two weeks of rain in Halifax. We have seen the sun for an hour or two but it had rained everyday. I always wonder why I stay here lol

Have fun down in Disney. We are going down the first week of December and can't wait.
You saw the SUN?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did it look like?

Have fun in December....
Old 11-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #201
krishouse
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
My name is Kristin, I live in the Niagara region.
My daughter Devyn who is 18 will be living in the Bridgewater, Nova Scotia Region starting December 1st. She is taking part in "katimavik" is a wonderful volunteer program where the kids live and volunteer in different parts of Canada.
I was wondering if anyone could advise me how we could get Devyn (by ground transfer) to Halifax airport to meet us at Disney! I have tried to do research online, and unfortunately I am familiar not with the area. I do hope that I can visit!
Thank you all so much for the advice!!!
Kristin

Last edited by krishouse; 11-08-2010 at 05:56 PM.
krishouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #202
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishouse View Post
Hi everyone!
My name is Kristin, I live in the Niagara region.
My daughter Devyn who is 18 will be living in the Bridgewater, Nova Scotia Region starting December 1st. She is taking part in "katimavik" is a wonderful volunteer program where the kids live and volunteer in different parts of Canada.
I was wondering if anyone could advise me how we could get Devyn (by ground transfer) to Halifax airport to meet us at Disney! I have tried to do research online, and unfortunately I am familiar with the area. I do hope that I can visit!
Thank you all so much for the advice!!!
Kristin
I'll keep looking for you but here's a link to research through....

http://www.novascotia.com/en/home/ge...portation.aspx
Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #203
krishouse
Mouseketeer

thank you so much!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #204
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thank you so much!
No problem.....how much time between when she starts and when you're going? Knowing Bridgewater she'll no doubt make connections with someone that would be willing to take her right to the airport....

My favorite travelling with strangers story actually involves Bridgewater.....a few years ago I went with a group of fellow apple growers to Michigan....ended up having to travel in the worst storm of the year which hit here at home much harder then Michigan but it had us delayed overnight in Detroit. Getting back to the Detroit airport we were now traveling with several other passengers that had been delayed as well. Of course, nothing brings people together more then a shared misfortune so we were making friends all around.

Turned out one of the gentleman now on our plane was a businessman from Mexico, named Juan (I kid you not), who was going to Bridgewater to visit his teenage son who was doing an exchange at Bridgewater High School. At that point we were getting in at midnight, had heard from family that it was very icy still and were all very concerned that this fellow was going to be renting a car and driving to the South Shore, in the dark, in those road conditions, so we were all trying to encourage him to stay at the airport hotel for the night. Juan was pretty determined to head out though.

Once we finally boarded the plane (having endured not only the weather delays but also NorthWest's unofficial pilot strike 'we-can't-take-off-because-the-crew-isn't-all-here' delays) we of course got settled in our seats and started to get to know our neighbors again. Juan was sitting behind my friend, Helen, who got chatty with her seat mate and quickly the subject of where home was came up. Turned out her seat mate was from Bridgewater! "What a coincidence!" Helen says, "Juan here is visiting his son in Bridgewater". The gentleman asks where Juan's son is staying and in true 'it's a small world' fashion it turns out he's staying with this man's cousin!!!!!!!!!

Helen lets it spill what Juan is planning to do that night and the fellow says "Under absolutly no circumstances are you doing that! I'm driving you! You can worry about a rental car in Bridgewater". Helen said that when they walked off the plane the guy pulled out his cell phone, called his cousin and told her what was going on. Juan got to talk to his son and the last I heard he was pretty impressed with Nova Scotians....

Suffice to say you're daughter's going to love it here....
Old 11-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #205
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

THAT is a great story about Maritime hospitality. Thanks for sharing.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #206
krishouse
Mouseketeer

That is such a wonderful story!! It made me smile, and feel at ease. She turns 18 years old today and in my eyes is still such a babe. She is so friendly and outgoing I am afraid that she may never want to come home to Ontario again because she will love Nova Scotia so much.
She will be moving to Bridgewater on Dec.1 and we will leave for Orlando Jan.5, so my fingers are crossed. I cannot wait to come to visit.
Thank you so much again.
Kristin
Old 11-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #207
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is such a wonderful story!! It made me smile, and feel at ease. She turns 18 years old today and in my eyes is still such a babe. She is so friendly and outgoing I am afraid that she may never want to come home to Ontario again because she will love Nova Scotia so much.
She will be moving to Bridgewater on Dec.1 and we will leave for Orlando Jan.5, so my fingers are crossed. I cannot wait to come to visit.
Thank you so much again.
Kristin
In another small world turn, I live in Bridgewater and I think the katimavick house moved from where it was to the Baptist church which I live directly behind. The Katimavick van is always in the parking lot so I assume that is where the kids are staying, (there are two nice older houses on the property). Thanks to the lovely windy weather we have been having part of our fence fell down and I can see really well into the parking lot now.

I am not from Bridgewater, but the people here are friendly and the town is small. We lived in Toronto before so the move here has been an adjustment to a small community, but Halifax is close

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #208
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2FanHfx View Post

The only thing keeping me going through this weather is the fact that I will be at Disney soon...very soon. Same week as you! Bedford was flooding today...

We are at CR from the 5th to 12th....can't wait - it's our first Christmas trip! Have fun! I'm hoping for good weather for you!

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #209
krishouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsan View Post
In another small world turn, I live in Bridgewater and I think the katimavick house moved from where it was to the Baptist church which I live directly behind. The Katimavick van is always in the parking lot so I assume that is where the kids are staying, (there are two nice older houses on the property). Thanks to the lovely windy weather we have been having part of our fence fell down and I can see really well into the parking lot now.

I am not from Bridgewater, but the people here are friendly and the town is small. We lived in Toronto before so the move here has been an adjustment to a small community, but Halifax is close
That is so funny!!!! I could get my daughter to bring something from Toronto if you like! That is such a busy city but so much fun. But Ontario must seem balmy and warm compared to Nova Scotia.
My daughter Devyn is fairly tall and has crazy hair(dreadlocks). If if you see her say hello! My daughter is sweet and friendly and I am sure that she will fit in.
Thanks for the good news.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #210
krishouse
Mouseketeer

So excited!

I just booked my daughter's flight from Halifax to Orlando for Jan8th!! Westjet had a direct flight, it was 423.00 round trip including tax.
I was so happy with this!! I was a little nervous about her transferring in Newark if we were going to book with Continental, so this works just fine!
Happy Sunday everyone!
Kristin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: