Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #106
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Your touring plans sound great for AK. I admire your positive attitude about your Dad's illness. I think the beach sounds like a wonderful family time for everyone. I have never been to Beaches and Cream. I hope your girls enjoy it like "Tubby's". The pictures of the No Way Jose and the Milky Way Sundae always make me hungry!
belle8306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #107
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Your touring plans sound great for AK. I admire your positive attitude about your Dad's illness. I think the beach sounds like a wonderful family time for everyone. I have never been to Beaches and Cream. I hope your girls enjoy it like "Tubby's". The pictures of the No Way Jose and the Milky Way Sundae always make me hungry!
Thank you.

I am planning on us getting the Kitchen Sink on this trip just for the experience of it. (I think it can be best compared to when restaurants sing happy birthday.) My girls might be mortified by the attention, but overcome it due to the end product. They are big ice cream eaters like my DH; I will be picking at the brownie toppings.
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #108
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Thank you.

I am planning on us getting the Kitchen Sink on this trip just for the experience of it. (I think it can be best compared to when restaurants sing happy birthday.) My girls might be mortified by the attention, but overcome it due to the end product. They are big ice cream eaters like my DH; I will be picking at the brownie toppings.
That sounds fun! I think that is something they would always remember.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #109
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Day 3 PM Plans

After a nap or pool time or both, it is time to continue to go, go, go...

It is a Hollywood Studio night with late hours! We have plenty of time to make it over to the park since we have a late ADR at

We have not eaten here yet, but yet it is one of my daughter's top restaurant choices of the World...Obviously, atmosphere is high on her priority list.

I am a bit nervous about this ADR since I've heard mixed reviews. Mostly, I've heard that burgers and milkshakes are a safe choice. We are paying for this one oop.

After Sci Fi - We will hit the best attractions (with fast passes hopefully): Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania (FP - hahahahahaha- only if we hit the park in the am for the sole purpose of obtaining them.)

I also would like to do The Great Movie Ride...I think we did the gangster side; I want to ask to do the other (but I wouldn't mind the gangster side again - maybe we will ride it twice!)

Star Tours will be a must do. My girls really enjoyed it and we have to ride it a couple times before the refurb. Backlot Tours - it was recently refurbed- with rumors of it disappearing... Muppets 3D - not loved by my daughters - but certainly a favorite of my DH- bonus- it too was refurbed.

New Explorations for me on this trip - The Magic of Disney Animation, One Man's Dream, and The Writer's Stop (I am an English teacher - I can't believe I missed this before! Since I love coffee...perfect except I will have to check Deb's list (allears.net) to see if they serve real coffee or the Disney version that is less than magical!)

We might have to visit Gertie's also for ice cream treats for my ice cream lovers!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #110
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
After a nap or pool time or both, it is time to continue to go, go, go...

It is a Hollywood Studio night with late hours! We have plenty of time to make it over to the park since we have a late ADR at

We have not eaten here yet, but yet it is one of my daughter's top restaurant choices of the World...Obviously, atmosphere is high on her priority list.

I am a bit nervous about this ADR since I've heard mixed reviews. Mostly, I've heard that burgers and milkshakes are a safe choice. We are paying for this one oop.

After Sci Fi - We will hit the best attractions (with fast passes hopefully): Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania (FP - hahahahahaha- only if we hit the park in the am for the sole purpose of obtaining them.)

I also would like to do The Great Movie Ride...I think we did the gangster side; I want to ask to do the other (but I wouldn't mind the gangster side again - maybe we will ride it twice!)

Star Tours will be a must do. My girls really enjoyed it and we have to ride it a couple times before the refurb. Backlot Tours - it was recently refurbed- with rumors of it disappearing... Muppets 3D - not loved by my daughters - but certainly a favorite of my DH- bonus- it too was refurbed.

New Explorations for me on this trip - The Magic of Disney Animation, One Man's Dream, and The Writer's Stop (I am an English teacher - I can't believe I missed this before! Since I love coffee...perfect except I will have to check Deb's list (allears.net) to see if they serve real coffee or the Disney version that is less than magical!)

We might have to visit Gertie's also for ice cream treats for my ice cream lovers!

I never realized that there are two sides to the Great Movie Ride!!!! We have ridden it every trip and, I guess, we have always gotten the gangster side. What is on the other side? Plans sound great. We have never tried the Dine-In Theater. I'll be anxious to hear how you guys like it!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #111
belle8306
DIS Veteran

We are also eating at Sci Fi. When my DH and I went there on our honeymoon we had burgers and shakes (the Oreo is great) and we enjoyed them.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #112
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
I never realized that there are two sides to the Great Movie Ride!!!! We have ridden it every trip and, I guess, we have always gotten the gangster side. What is on the other side? Plans sound great. We have never tried the Dine-In Theater. I'll be anxious to hear how you guys like it!
I heard it on a podcast or I wouldn't have known. Apparently, they don't always do both. I probably should say scenes instead of side. You just stop at the "scene" for the acting. I think the other scene is the "bandit" instead of gangster. I will certainly report back about Sci-Fi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
We are also eating at Sci Fi. When my DH and I went there on our honeymoon we had burgers and shakes (the Oreo is great) and we enjoyed them.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. With four in our party, it is likely someone will try Oreo!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #113
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

We have always done the gangster scene too, so when we were there in March - I asked a cast member if they were doing the western scene and if we could be in the car that did that one. Of course, they said yes! I actually liked the western scene better.....maybe I have just seen the gangsters too often. Anyway, it is worth it to ask.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #114
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
We have always done the gangster scene too, so when we were there in March - I asked a cast member if they were doing the western scene and if we could be in the car that did that one. Of course, they said yes! I actually liked the western scene better.....maybe I have just seen the gangsters too often. Anyway, it is worth it to ask.
Good info! I may have to ask next time for the western scene! We have always gotten the gangsters!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #115
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

An 8 year old's top five list

To continue to try to infuse my daughters with the same excitement and love of Disney (it probably wouldn't be good for them to be obsessed...) I asked them to do top five lists:

Here's Emma's TOP FIVE DISNEY RIDES (Except the one noted, these are not my photos - I found them on google images and photobucket)

When she wrote them on the paper, she wrote 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. More 1.1.1. (I think all are tied for her!)

This crazy one is ours. I can't figure out the wolf like image no matter how hard I try...

More:
1. Soarin
1. Space Mountain
1. Everest

Last edited by disneydreamingdebby; 04-30-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #116
belle8306
DIS Veteran

She has great taste!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #117
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Emma has great taste. We love all those as well.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #118
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Gifts I made for friend's trip

Commercial interruption: I wanted to share a piece of my weekend - here are my little soccer players - one was a superstar this past game...who knew we simply had to tell her we'd go for Rita's if she played hard.

My girlfriend is leaving for Disney in two weeks. I saw adorable designs from a diser and made her boys T-shirts. (I am working my girls into this, but they don't like the stock ones with characters.)

Here are the packages...a little sneak peak of what's inside.

And inside...
and

They are terribly wrinkled...Her boys (nearly 8 and 4) love pirates! It is the older boy's birthday, so she is doing some special events for his bday. They also will be there for Star Wars. I saw some awesome graphics for Star Wars, but decided that I didn't need to make T-shirts for every day of their trip. I will give them the ones I made and give her the link for the Milliepie.

I found some cool Mickey heads for myself - a tie dyed one and a swirly one. I also found an awesome dragon Mickey that my DH likes and thought would make a cool tattoo...for him, that is. Maybe I will make some shirts for my family this week to help pass the time. My one daughter wants a T with the castle and fireworks. The other chose the Tie Dye Mickey head. I'll post pics after I make them.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #119
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Cute shirts! They turned out great! I can't wait to see how the other designs turn out.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #120
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

The shirts look great! Those boys will love them. I made 3 sets of matching shirts for the 5 of us last year. Even my teenagers were willing to wear them! I did the tie dye Mickey heads and we got tons of compliments on them! I wish I could put in a picture but I don't know how . If you look really closely, you can see that my kids have them on in the picture in my signature.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: