Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #16
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

That sounds like a brilliant trip - can't wait for the photos
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #17
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

The Journey & First Disney Evening

Hi Everyone - the TR begins!

I left my house via taxi at 6:00am to catch the 6:30am airport bus - trip to the airport 30 minutes - I was there by 7:00am for my 8:00am flight from Ankara to Istanbul.

Final images of Ankara from the bus - Disney here I come!

I was happy to discover that the airport in Istanbul (the Asian side) has been remodeled and it now quite large and easy to get through. Here is a picture of Istanbul from the air and another as we were flying over the Alps!

Arriving in Orly was uneventful and I was able to find the shuttle after some serious investigation! I was so happy I didn't have to wait long and we left soon after I arrived at the bus platform. Yay! Disney!

I arrived at the hotel and was checked in by 4:00pm - Hotel Santa Fe. First impressions - it was much smaller than I imagined. I had a great room location - building 14 - near the parks and quiet. I had requested quiet, non smoking and upper floor - all of which I received!!

First pictures of my building and the path directly outside my building door.

After I unpacked, showered and changed, it was off to Disneyland!! I arrived just in time for the evening parade! Once Upon a Dream!!! This was an awesome parade!!!

Then it was off to my first Attraction - yes "It's a Small World"! I love to do this ride first because when I was a teenager and visited Disneyland in California - my first ever Disney Park - this was my very favorite ride!!! I remember going through it with my mouth open - literally. So whenever I go to Disney I like to ride this first!! To me it totally screams "Disney"!!

And then off to explore and ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! I thought this was a fabulous ride!! So much detail - the sounds, the layout of the ride, everything about it is great!

After this I ran into a little glitch - I thought I would stop and have a quick counter service meal around 6:00pm - then I realized most counter service places had already closed. I hadn't forseen this! So this is what I had for dinner. Then off to sleep - or kind of - too much adrenaline!

Glad I brought the packet soup - anyway I wasn't too sad to save the Euros. But I will plan my meals better next time!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #18
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Great start to you report. Love the photos. I look forward to the rest

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #19
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

On to Day 2

Thanks Everyone!

On to Day 2-

I didn't sleep very well - too much adrenaline and paranoia about missing my early breakfast time so I kept waking up and dosing off (this lack of sleep comes into play later).

The weather was FANTASTIC!! Bright, bright sunshine -

The Santa Fe early in the morning.

Anyway - I was up for my 7:30am breakfast time and the Cantina was getting busy! I really enjoyed the fresh baked rolls, cheese and ham (the same cheese and ham we don't have often in Turkey) so I was in "heaven". That plus the hot chocolate made me a happy camper - truly!

So I was off to Disneyland and EMH - at 8am. I loved the quiet of the Park this early - so relaxing! I rode Buzz twice in about 10 minutes!

Then headed over to Space Mountain - no wait at all - hmmmm - this is where warning bells should have sounded! "No one is riding Space Mountain at 8:30 in the morning - what does that tell you???" Ahhhh the inner voice was silenced by my Disney enthusiasm!! Nothing could keep me away! Lack of sleep no matter! And so I rode and I paid. Oh how I wish I had actually listened to the lady on the monitors about all the health risks associated with this ride!

So I started with pain relievers - still very positive - it wasn't a full blown headache (yet)!

At 10:00am I headed over to the Studios - enjoyed Animagique, Cinemagique, Disney Animation - all the while popping pain relievers - certain I am going to shake this headache. Well I loved the shows despite the throbbing head but by 1:00pm I had to admit - this was a full blown migrane and I needed to seek the refuge of my room at the Santa Fe. So off I went - and I have to say the hotel was extremely quiet and what I needed. After a few hours of misery waiting for the "big guns" of pain relievers to kick in it passed - happy day! It was now 6:00pm and I was hungry - but not feeling like I could eat much of anything. I did wander over to the hotel bar and ordered a fruit juice drink sans alcohol and sipped - slowly - did the trick. I think the cocktail was called a Cabana. After that I felt much better and returned to the room for a good sleep and am happy to say slept through the night!

Let's hope day 3 is a bit more fun shall we???
Lesson learned - Space Mountain - NO!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 03-27-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #20
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Another lovely day, shame about your migraine

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #21
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Another lovely day, shame about your migraine
Thanks! I had a great time anyway - hopefully won't be repeating that afternoon! The rest of the trip was very magical!

Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #22
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Day 3 & 4

Today I decided to sleep in if I wanted and forget about breakfast but of course since I had gone to bed very early I was up well before my 7:00am breakfast time! Happily I had a great night's sleep and felt like a new woman!

After the previous day, I decided to take things more slowly today. My main goal was to stroll leisurely and soak in the magic so that is what I did. And my body appreciated it! I spent a lot of time noticing the details and didn't focus too much on running from attraction to attraction. I really loved all the gorgeous detailing of Main Street USA and the Discovery and Liberty Arcades - truly lovely! I think DLRP is a perfect Disney Park for this activity - the size makes "commando" Park going unnecessary and I enjoyed all the attractions I wanted and more!

At 10:00am when the park opened to the general public I went by the Annual Passport Office in Discoveryland. I had done some research and had decided to go ahead and get an annual pass for future visits. So when I went into the office it was practically empty of customers - the CMs were very helpful and I purchased an annual pass in about 5 minutes!! So if you don't want to wait - and you are in the Park for EMH this is a great way to get an annual pass without it cutting too much into your day!

I also enjoyed my favorites once again!

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years so really loved seeing the hula dancers!

Peter Pan!!

Pirates of the Caribbean!!! I give this one AAAA+++++!! Plus there was hardly any wait!

Then over to Frontierland to take in Phantom Manor - I missed this the day before! Of course had to do Big Thunder Mountain RR again too - the ONLY roller coaster I did this day!And I just rode once!

Looking a little "post-migrainy" there!

I was really wanting some healthy food for lunch today after feeling so off the day before. Now I am from Texas and I really love a good taco salad and this is not what I would describe as a taco salad at all. However - it was wonderfully fresh, tasted great and I thoroughly enjoyed it! If you are expecting a taco salad though be for warned - it is a great salad though if you want some fresh veggies. I think the name of the counter service was El Fuento.

I even had time today to visit the Studios - take in Tower of Terror (oh yes I did this one too post migraine - only once), the Stars and Cars Parade and Lights, Motors, Action before coming back to DL to get a free hot chocolate and sit down in the Castle Theater to wait for the parade to start. Even though I was standing in front of the stage for the Stars and Cars Parade it was difficult to see so I don't have great photos. I loved being able to sit on an actual bench for the Once Upon a Dream Parade! I took a final ride on the train for the Grand Circle Tour before popping into the Disneyland Hotel for a peek and back home to the Santa Fe! A REALLY GREAT DAY!

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 03-28-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #23
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Continued!

Some more photos - all the lovely Disney details!

Casey at bat??

A hot dog at Casey's

Little note - of course it was crowded at Casey's but there was extra seating for Casey's in the Liberty Arcade - this was a very restful, gorgeous location to sit an enjoy a bite to eat! Only one question - where is the mustard???

The train station -

Peter Pan -

Main Street USA -
Liberty Aracade -

A Castle Shot!

Day 4 - Departure Day -

After a great night's sleep and good breakfast at the Santa Fe I was left to decide whether or not I should go to EMH at DL Park. I was to catch the 10:55am VEA shuttle from my hotel to the airport. Well, I decided to go ahead and go for it and I am glad I did! I had plenty of time to try to improve my score on Buzz, hit Peter Pan and stroll through Main Street USA once more before heading back to the hotel. My shuttle was on time and just an hour later at the airport. I thought it very fitting that it started to rain as I was leaving DL Park! We had had really gorgeous weather!!

So after a long day of travel (Istanbul airport was a bit chaotic) - I arrived home 11:00pm - and slept like a baby!

So now I just have to decide when to return!

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 03-28-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:43 AM   #24
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

In Summary

In Summary:

Things I LOVED!

I loved being able to walk to the Parks/Village - everything was near and it was very easy to jump from park to park without difficulty. I found the walk back to the hotel very relaxing as well. I only took the bus in the morning.

I loved the smell at the Sequoia Lodge - redwoods?

Disney imagineering really excels at DLRP - DL especially is very beautiful - the details are worth exploring. I would like a book that describes all the little treasures - does anybody know of one??

Transportation - both the Disney buses and the VEA shuttle were great!

Things I did not enjoy:

I really did not like the prebooked breakfast times. I prefer a more relaxed approach to my schedule and having to fit into the appointed time was stressful. I am thinking a hotel without this would suit me better.

Space Mountain - of course this is just a personal thing - I am sure it is a favorite attraction of many - but "Space" and I just don't see eye to eye!

Meals - I still haven't quite figured this out but I found it difficult to find good meals. I think I may need to do the vouchers next time but because I wanted to play it by ear and not make reservations I found it difficult to get quality meals on a whim.

All in all - a super trip and now I am just trying trying to decide when to go next! I am thinking to try the Magic Circus in June on my way back to Texas for the summer!

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 03-28-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:11 AM   #25
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

That was lovely Jill - sounds like you had a great time

Space mountain was the same for me too - I have always gone on this, but our last visit, last June, my head was thomping for hours and I too, spent the whole ride trying to keep my head still - I won't waste time on it again.

I love all the detailing too - i've recently found out there is a fabulous book called From Sketch to Reality - many on here have it. I've found out that it is out of print though, and the only copies are mostly to be found at DLP or via the author for quite a high price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a copy in October for my soon to be booked trip.

Now if that's not a reason for you to return in June, then I don't know what is
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:26 AM   #26
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
That was lovely Jill - sounds like you had a great time

Space mountain was the same for me too - I have always gone on this, but our last visit, last June, my head was thomping for hours and I too, spent the whole ride trying to keep my head still - I won't waste time on it again.

I love all the detailing too - i've recently found out there is a fabulous book called From Sketch to Reality - many on here have it. I've found out that it is out of print though, and the only copies are mostly to be found at DLP or via the author for quite a high price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a copy in October for my soon to be booked trip.

Now if that's not a reason for you to return in June, then I don't know what is
Thanks Julie - it is a comfort to know I am not the only one who isn't so enthusiastic about Space Mountain - I got off the ride thinking "Man, I must be getting old!"

I'm really glad to know there is a book out there too - hope we can find some copies! Wonder if they will reprint - wouldn't that be nice! Enjoy your October trip!!

Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 AM   #27
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

From Sketch to Reality

Thought I'd do a little investigating about the book - It looks like there is the French version on Amazon used starting at $1,500!

Really hope the Disers can find their copies!!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #28
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Wow your pictures are fabulous .

I really enjoyed reading your trip report - and the Magic Circus is a great hotel .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #29
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I've gone ahead and booked the Magic Circus for two nights in June! I am looking forward to trying out this hotel. All the Disney hotels were way beyond my means for June and I think I may appreciate a little tlc at the Magic Circus. Plus I've got to break in my annual pass!

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 03-31-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #30
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Sounds like you had a great trip! (Shame about the space migraine!)

Loved reading your TR and seeing your photos - you really captured the Disney details! Thank you for sharing!

Woohoo - next trip booked already!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: