Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Davy's in Wonderland! The TR of a little boy's dream!

Ok! I am going to try my hand at the TR thing one more time! I am determined to do this- hopefully I will have some followers, and if not- oh well! I will do it for my own memory's sake! I guess I will make this a PTR (for our next trip already being planned) and a TR at the same time.

I have been to DW several times now- the first was back when I was in middle school and I got to lead the Afternoon parade with my brother's HS marching band following close behind!! I so thought I was the coolest thing since sliced bread- let me tell you! That was when the addiction began!

Alright- who am I you ask? I am Jenn, a happily married mommy of 2 great kids, who just happens to be a Disney addict- much like many of you! DH goes along with my Disney needs, mostly to humor me, I am sure.... Then again, I think, deep down, he really loves it too.

DH- John, he is great! He works for Wrigley's, so we always have gum! He is awesome with the kids and is the bestest hubby ever!

DD8- Aleks, a sweet kid with big ideas and a fashion diva. She loves all Disney, just like her mom (well, step-mom- that's why this trip she will not be going She will be with her mommy for the summer). She loves Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place and princesses too.

DS1- Davy, he is a little ball of energy!! The cutest boy ever, and I'm not just saying that cause I'm his mommy. He is loving, sweet and smart all rolled into one! His favorite words are car, kitty, tree and daddy.

We will be heading down again July 6-9. A very short trip, I know, but its only happening because of the GAD/GAD promo anyway! It will hold me through until we can go again Sept 2011. Sooooo long away!

Ok- enough for now. Pics to come soon.... they are uploading to photobucket as I type!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

Last edited by xanphylus; 03-11-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Changing to TR!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Pics!

Alright- here's the pics I promised!

Me and DH with cowboy Goofy from our last trip:

Sorry we didn't gussy up more for the pics! It was very hot and we had been in the parks all morning. And either way, DH isn't one for fashion on any occasion!

Princess Aleks with her Mickey head tie-dye shirt we made from the directions found on the Dis:

Prince Davy at his happiest on the Cinderella's Carousel:

Well- that's us! I have many more pics too!

This trip was great! It was not only Davy's 1st trip, but his 1st birthday and he got his 1st haircut too! Aleks had a blast with her little bro and family! We all had fun, except Nana for a few days..... but more on that later!

Last edited by xanphylus; 03-11-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Pre-Trip Info

I had been planning this trip for months! I had ADRs lined up, park plans and even my mom was coming to help wrangle the kids. It had the potential to be the trip of a lifetime! It was in some was, but others, not so much....

We were heading down Sept 23-28, 2009. We had free dining and lots of energy and excitement! Me and Aleks had planned allour days around which restaurants we were going to and she even got to pick several. That just made her year- helping in the planning! She thought she was the big cheese.

We were taking my mom's big, no huge, truck and driving from Atlanta to the World! That was an adventure in and of itself. Davy hates his car seat, Aleks is a butt in the car for long trips and John was ready to kill us all by the 1st hour. Poor daddy!

Aleks' school refused to excuse the absences, although they were quite impresses with my letter explaining the educational values of all the parks and how much she would be learning. And compared to what she actually learns at that school- I figured we had a shot! But they refused it, but still let her make up the work- go figure! Excused, but unexcused I guess.

Be back later! Gotta go get some stuff for my new idea for the Big Give! Everyone should be involved in this!! Not just the WISH kid followers (junkie in my case.... I think I am addicted to being nice now... ) Its great to help others and you get a nice personal boost from it to, knowing you made a kid happy. Awww....

Anyway-gotta go!

Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

You have a very lovely family.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years

Enjoying your report, can't wait to read more!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Woohooo!! You did it! I can't wait to follow along, and I know Piper will love it too! : I hear you on the car trip thing, Piper talks non-stop!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Joining in.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
You have a very lovely family.
Why thank you very much!! I like them myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
Enjoying your report, can't wait to read more!
Hurray!! I have people reading!! Happy excitement here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Woohooo!! You did it! I can't wait to follow along, and I know Piper will love it too! : I hear you on the car trip thing, Piper talks non-stop!
You're here! You're here! You're here! I knew I you for a reason!
Tell Piper hiya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Joining in.
Welcome! Welcome!

I will be adding more tonight! I think I even have a pic or two from the trip down! Long drive! Loud kids! Louder Nana!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! Can't wait to read more!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
I'm joining in! Can't wait to read more!
Hello and welcome!

You are taking your cutie to Disney too, I see! Its a blast with a baby! Their eyes just light up with wonder and excitement! I loved it!!

Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #11
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
Hello and welcome!

You are taking your cutie to Disney too, I see! Its a blast with a baby! Their eyes just light up with wonder and excitement! I loved it!!
Yes! It's her 1st time & my oldest son's birthday!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #12
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

The car trip!!

** vey is 6 a.m. early for me!!! Even Davy didn't want to wake up!
I couldn't sleep all night- just knowing we were leaving the next day. Way too excited! And excited even though it meant an 8 hour (or more, as we found out...) drive with not only 1 baby, 1 kid, and my hubby, but also Nana came along!! Tempers stayed low for most of the trip- much better than I anticipated, although I thought about starting smoking again a few times, I must admit. Nicotine would have been nice at certain points.

I had packed lots of surprises for the kids. They would get one present per hour if they behaved. That meant no yelling, whining or otherwise being annoying- or no present from Tinkerbell! I had wrapped up little dollar store items that were Disney related and they LOVED it!! I got DS1 and My Friends Tigger and Pooh wand that made noises and would light up, a stuffed Tigger, and a bath book and other little things. DD8, got Camp Rock activity books, pens and crayons, a HS Musical book to read and goodies like that. It kept them quiet and always watching the time for their next gift! I also had some stashed away for the ride home!

Anywho! We left about 8 am, right on schedule for, you guessed it! Atlanta morning rush hour!!! Wahoo!!! And of course, yours truly was driving. Hubby had worked the night before and was in no shape to drive and I wasn't about to let Nana drive in Atlanta traffic with me and my kids on board! I love her, but the woman can't drive!

Davy in the car coloring happily:

Aleks smiling like a cheeseball for the camera:

We stopped for lunch uneventfully. Well, mostly uneventfully- my DD has an issue with using public toilets here lately. We had to have a discussion before we even left about not "holding it" all day and going to the potty when everyone else goes. Well, I guess she didn't remember that conversation- rather convenient, eh? So we had it again. Right there at the lovely Wendy's in Valdosta, GA. She then proceeded to say she still didn't have to go- and I told her, "you're a girl, you can always go!"

Ok- back to the car. Davy hates his car seat....A LOT!!! He was in his rear facing car seat, as required by law , and he is a big boy- so his feet were kinda scrunched in. Poor little guy! But he was put back in, kicking and screaming the entire time. He cried for about 30 minuites or so before he fell asleep. Then it was all good.

Stay tuned for : Are we there yet?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

LOOOOOOOVE the idea of every hour they behave they are getting a present! We are driving & it will be a 10+ hr long drive! I think I will steal your idea!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Yes, brilliant idea of little gifts each hour, if they are good. Gotta remember that next time.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #15
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
Yes! It's her 1st time & my oldest son's birthday!
We are planning on taking DD for her 10th to Universal to see the Harry Potter place. I got her addicted to the books, so it will be a great trip for both of us. I figure by then the place will be a little less packed- her birthday isn't until next Feb! She better be glad too- income taxes!! That means she can have a decent party!

And 1 year olds are a blast at Disney!! Just wait til you see some of our pics!! His birthday was the best. It was great and even more. He was in love with everything. And for weeks afterward, I think he expected a cupcake after ever meal and for us to sing Happy Birthday to him! It was like a Birthday Extravaganza!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: