Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #376
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

I cannot cut down on the shoes. I've tried. It's difficult!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I keep saying the se thing about shoes. Just bought a new pair of heels that I'm sure I will wear just one night. I have to talk DH out of some of his shoes to accommodate space for mine.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #377
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Unless they've moved away from lightening-fast, automatic, overpriced, "take all the fun out of it" bingo, I won't be playing bingo on board DCL again.

Sorry to only list a negative - everything else is wonderful!!!

Things I'll do again
- enjoy the comfy lounges on Deck 4, and walk around the jogging/walking track (or whatever the Dreams equivalent is)

- eat whatever I want, devil may care! Especially those awesome paninis on the pool deck!

- my mom and I always rent bikes on CC, it seems to have become a tradition for us.

- try to take in an adult show at night. I used to be too tired by then! But on the last cruise or two we were able to show up and enjoyed the shows.
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #378
BLTris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo View Post
Just don't bring either? A lot more room....everywhere!
That's what I'm talking about. Keeps things nice and breezy.
BLTris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #379
FairyGrandmother
Mouseketeer

bump
Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #380
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aredhead View Post
Oh yeah - this is a real thing. My friend had it for WEEKS after a Med cruise. She finally went to the doctor and told him "I'm losing my mind - I am seasick, and I've been off the boat for weeks"

Google the term "Mal de debarquement"
I've never had the problem getting off the ship however when I traveled via overnight train in China, I felt like I was on a train the next few nights when I was sleeping...woke up in the middle of the night convinced the room was moving!!
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #381
Aeryn76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
I've never had the problem getting off the ship however when I traveled via overnight train in China, I felt like I was on a train the next few nights when I was sleeping...woke up in the middle of the night convinced the room was moving!!

I had something like that a few years ago. Took a train from Denver,CO to Springfield,IL and later that night trying to sleep in a motel, the bed felt like it was moving.
Aeryn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #382
Aeryn76
Mouseketeer

Just a little bit off topic

So a lot of people on here have said that next time they would skip the pirate party. Is it that bad? It is my first cruise and I was excited for pirate night. I have read other things that people really get into it and this is the first I have heard of people wanting to avoid it for their next cruise. So want to know if it's worth the hassle.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #383
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeryn76
So a lot of people on here have said that next time they would skip the pirate party. Is it that bad? It is my first cruise and I was excited for pirate night. I have read other things that people really get into it and this is the first I have heard of people wanting to avoid it for their next cruise. So want to know if it's worth the hassle.
It was a highlight for our first cruise. We went on the Dream and saw Jack Sparrow live in a deck stunt show that led into the fireworks. Why would you ever want to miss that on your first cruise?.after the deck action and firework show, the actual deck party started with popular dancing, we headed on to other things like adult karaoke. There is a lot more to the night then a just deck pirate party. Also all the staff started dressing around 4:30-5 as pirates and were everywhere. We went and changed into our pirate dresses before dinner.

I think there are a lot of people up there yeah, but in would not personally skip deck SHOW and fireworks. You did pay for that entertainment, is my opinion. The party itself i could take it or leave it... But for pirate night, you gotta go with it if you are already excited about it. It may not be everyone's thing and that's OK..its YOUR cruise and some times you just gotta try something your self instead of letting other people decide for ya..this is true for food, excursions like Nassau, and the pirate party etc..
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #384
2Princess&aPrince
no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing...the dreams that you wish will come true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeryn76 View Post
Pirate night is definitely not a hassle in my opinion! We love pirate night! All of the characters are dressed in their pirate clothes (many places around the ship to get photographs of you and the pirate characters), your servers are dressed in their pirate clothes...they show Peter Pan outside on the movie screen while you wait for the show/fireworks to start. Lots of things to get you in the spirit. You get pirate headbands to wear, and while my family doesn't go all out, a lot of families do and it is so fun to be a part of. (We mainly stick to pirate necklaces, eyepatches and the headbands Disney gives you). The show is full of action and on no other cruise line are you going to find a fire works show while at sea....yep, the magic of Disney again!!
Go ahead and look forward to pirate night. We have been to three so far and look forward to our fourth in February. The dance party after is so fun...watching all the little ones dance and laugh and sing is so cute (my three are all almost as tall as me now so not as cute... ). Pure joy and excitement...kind of what Walt Disney did all of this for now isn't it?? :D
My challenge every cruise is to actually get to eat some of the yummy looking pirate buffet, but I am always too full by that night!!!

Enjoy your pirate night!!!
(I think that when DH and I start cruising DCL without the kids...we will still go to pirate night...if they still have them by then!! Lol. Maybe by then Jack Sparrow will be the real Johnny Depp as he will need a new gig at that time...*sigh*a girl can dream can't she???)

Disney Magic - November 15-22, 2008
Disney Magic - October 30-Nov. 6, 2010
Disney Fantasy - February 9-16, 2013
Disney Wonder - February 2-7, 2014
Disney Fantasy - May 9-16, 2015

2Princess&aPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #385
Aeryn76
Mouseketeer

Hey thanks a lot you guys. You have a been a big help. That goes to the others I have talked to on here. I will have a blast on pirate night. Just wish it was late September already and I'm on vacation.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #386
amandalacey2001
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeryn76
Hey thanks a lot you guys. You have a been a big help. That goes to the others I have talked to on here. I will have a blast on pirate night. Just wish it was late September already and I'm on vacation.
Me to can not wait for the 21st
amandalacey2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #387
twentytoez
Mouseketeer

Bump
twentytoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #388
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Will do:
Will not do:
2. Palo Dinner. In my personal opinion way over rated like the show in Animators.
See. This I don't get. The people saying that Palo dinner is "way over-rated". I mean, is it the best meal money can buy? No... But come on, I'd pay the 20 bucks just to be in a quiet, adult only environment to enjoy a nice meal with my sweetheart.

It's 20 bux... :/
Old 07-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #389
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bUg View Post
See. This I don't get. The people saying that Palo dinner is "way over-rated". I mean, is it the best meal money can buy? No... But come on, I'd pay the 20 bucks just to be in a quiet, adult only environment to enjoy a nice meal with my sweetheart.

It's 20 bux... :/
I understand what you are saying, but it's $20 per person, right? My DH and I enjoyed our brunch at Palo, but decided we didn't really want to do it again on our next cruise (or try dinner). We can spend the $40 on something else and still get a nice meal with each other in a nice dining room that we've already paid for. I don't really pay that much attention to the kids in the dining room with me (unless they are my own, of course). Just a personal opinion.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #390
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I am from the old school idea that you should never pay for dinner on a cruise where dinners are included. Especially because there are so many things yet for me to try in the MDRs of Disney. (Unlike CCL. Pretty much know that menu with my eyes closed...)

I will be saving my $40 for the actual cruise itself! (or excursion, or tips...)
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: