Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 12:10 AM   #1
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

The Fantasy Was Amazing!

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Fantasy 10/11/14 - 10/18/14. I'll be doing a trip report over the weekend but here are a few observations:

Embarkation was a breeze and went very quickly once they announced the family of the day. We had a PAT of 10:30 and were in boarding group two and were on the ship before noon.

Weather was great! We fully expected an excursion or two to be cancelled but we made it to all of them with sunshine every day. We had about 20 minute of rain on Cozumel while we were at the San Gervasio ruins but it only added to the ambiance. Great weather for Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Castaway Cay as well. Sunshine galore and humidity wasn't too bad.

As for excursions, I highly recommend booking privately. Each one we went on was awesome, but more on that in my trip report.

Food in the MDRs was good but I wouldn't call it great. But I had lowered expectations anyway due to the number of people DCL needs to feed. What can I say about Remy that most of you who have been don't already know? A wonderful experience as usual and a little extra pixie dust this time around. Palo brunch and dinner were great as well and there were a few new menu items.

The ship was booked to capacity but we didn't have any issues with seat saving at the shows or in the pool areas. But then again I didn't spend any time at the family pools, I preferred the low key atmosphere of the adult area.

Speaking of adult areas, I noticed that cast members were doing a good job of enforcing the 18 and over policy. There were some folks who would walk through with their kids from time to time but they were just trying to get from point A to point B, none lingered that I noticed.

We tried the Rainforest pass for the first time. Next time I'll get a length of cruise pass. My sister spent a couple of hours there and really enjoyed it and wish we would've spent more time there.

We did the open house for the kids clubs. My niece and nephew looked excited the first day but the excitement fizzled out when they realized that their 12 year old cousin wasn't really interested, so they didn't go back. At the end of the cruise my 6 year old niece made friends with another little girl and wanted to go the the club by then.

We didn't participate in any of the Halloween activities because we don't celebrate it. I seem to remember a few others who posted that they don't either. For anyone who is concerned, the celebrations were not intrusive at all and there wasn't any reduction in the usual non Halloween activities that I could tell.

Service was excellent all around as usual. Our dining room team did an awesome job as did our stateroom host.

It was truly an amazing and unforgettable trip. Can't wait to plan the next one!
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM   #2
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Be looking forward to a trip report! We're getting ready to go on the Fantasy for the first time at the end of November.
dryvithome is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 12:47 AM   #3
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvithome View Post
Be looking forward to a trip report! We're getting ready to go on the Fantasy for the first time at the end of November.
How exciting! You're going to love it!
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM   #4
JulieLovesMickey
Earning My Ears

Fantasy captain and cruise director

We are going on the Fantasy next, can you please let me know who is the captain and cruise director at the moment?

Thanks very much
JulieLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #5
UCLAVES
Earning My Ears

San Gervasio

Looking forward to the trip report.
UCLAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #6
Bdunn
Earning My Ears

At the end of September, it was Capt. Marco and the cruise director was from South Africa--can't remember his name!!
Bdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdunn View Post
At the end of September, it was Capt. Marco and the cruise director was from South Africa--can't remember his name!!
We were on the Fantasy 9/20-27 & 9/27-Oct 4. Cruise director for both cruises was Ray. Captain Marco was on the first one, and Commodore Tom on the second.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #8
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieLovesMickey View Post
We are going on the Fantasy next, can you please let me know who is the captain and cruise director at the moment?

Thanks very much
I saw from another thread that you are on the 11/15/14 Fantasy. On that sailing, as on the 11/8/14 that I am on, the captain will be Commodore Tom and the cruise director will be Clayton.
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: