Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #91
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I just got back to my room after tootling all around the park, I'll post some more updates, I had to get the Halibut again it was so good!

Thanks for reading along everyone, I need to hit the pool, it's pretty hot right now!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #92
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

I love it all, Alison, thanks for taking so much time to share everything with us.

I, too, was friends with Dawn and was supposed to do the NR cooking school with her this year. She talked Toocherie and myself right into it after her experience. We miss her dearly. I can see that they have won you over as well since this is your third year. Maybe I'll finally go next year....

I can't wait to read more - and your pics are awesome.

And I will look for you for sure at Taste.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #93
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Love it! ...I'm hungry now though...hmmmm....
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #94
dizneedoll
Curioser and Curioser

Fabulous F&W update! We were there last year and weren't impressed but this set up with the Marketplace sounds so much better and the offerings look delish. We'll be there next month! Can't wait!

1975 Contemporary-- 1995 Polynesian-- 2004 Wildreness Lodge-- 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter-- 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland-50+ times

dizneedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #95
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I learnt my lesson from last time. This time, I checked out your updates and pics AFTER dinner

Great update Alison. You look like you're having a BALL!! I think I'm heading to your place instead of Walt's Wharf

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #96
IleneF
The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live all / Princess Diaries.................. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them / Walt Disney

Amazing coverage of the DL F&W Fest. Thanks so much Alison for the gorgeous photos that have me drooling and wishing to return to DL
C Tower - 6/80 (Honeymoon), resorts total stays = 55+ Wonder 8/00, 1/02, 11/02,10/06, 06/12, 5/14; Dream 10/11;Fantasy 1/13; BCV DVC! 9/02, + 9/03; DL - 1st visit 1/10, 9/10, 1/12, 11/14 Aulani 6/13, Family 5K 1/13, Princess Races 2/14, Avengers 11/14, WDW Marathon and CC5K 1/15

IleneF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #97
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I'm loving your report and all of the details! I was there at the Sweet Sunday with toocherie when we saw Keegan Gerhard. This year I don't think I'm doing any signature events, but did go to the Jonathan Rollo culinary demonstration and have tried some of the tapas and the chile relleno. We also saw part of the wine demo with John & Nancy Lasseter, did the CA wine walk, and some other stuff.

You have done and are doing so much! Thank you for the reports and all of the pictures. I'll be interested in hearing how you like all the food. My daughter liked the ahi tapa, and everyone at the table liked the halibut. I don't think they were impressed with the quesadilla.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #98
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and pictures. I have enjoyed your report and this certainly gives me a better idea of what to expect on the tapas, etc. It sure is a shame that it can't be set up like EPCOT so you can stroll and eat and stroll and drink and then do it all some more, but then again in DL, you only have to wait in one line to order all your food and not a line each time. So, there are some benefits to each.
There is a small amount of strolling you can do. If you have someone to split things with you the CS restaurants have signature items too. I've found them all but one and will post on them later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Love your reviews! And I totally agree with you, the slider need something... cheese or carmelized onions... something!

Sadly my DH ate all the Cheese soup, so I just got a little taste from what was left clinging to the bread bowl.

The halibut was my most favorite dish.
So far I've had two Halibut and two Cheese soup. Not so sure, I'm going to order the cheese plates, maybe if I saw one it would entice me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That cheese soup looks amazing to me. Oh my.
See above, it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Wonderful update!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I love it all, Alison, thanks for taking so much time to share everything with us.

I, too, was friends with Dawn and was supposed to do the NR cooking school with her this year. She talked Toocherie and myself right into it after her experience. We miss her dearly. I can see that they have won you over as well since this is your third year. Maybe I'll finally go next year....

I can't wait to read more - and your pics are awesome.

And I will look for you for sure at Taste.
The cooking school is a really great experience. My friend Suzie had her first time and she was raving about it last night.

You might not recognize me by Taste, I'll be three sizes larger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Love it! ...I'm hungry now though...hmmmm....
Don't you hate that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneedoll View Post
Fabulous F&W update! We were there last year and weren't impressed but this set up with the Marketplace sounds so much better and the offerings look delish. We'll be there next month! Can't wait!
There's a few other moresels around the park as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I learnt my lesson from last time. This time, I checked out your updates and pics AFTER dinner

Great update Alison. You look like you're having a BALL!! I think I'm heading to your place instead of Walt's Wharf
Unfortunately we don't eat like that around here! Well sometiemes, maybe. You'd like Walt's better, it's a lot cleaner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneF View Post
Amazing coverage of the DL F&W Fest. Thanks so much Alison for the gorgeous photos that have me drooling and wishing to return to DL
You're Welcome, I enjoyed reading about your trip too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
I'm loving your report and all of the details! I was there at the Sweet Sunday with toocherie when we saw Keegan Gerhard. This year I don't think I'm doing any signature events, but did go to the Jonathan Rollo culinary demonstration and have tried some of the tapas and the chile relleno. We also saw part of the wine demo with John & Nancy Lasseter, did the CA wine walk, and some other stuff.

You have done and are doing so much! Thank you for the reports and all of the pictures. I'll be interested in hearing how you like all the food. My daughter liked the ahi tapa, and everyone at the table liked the halibut. I don't think they were impressed with the quesadilla.
Thanks! I'm going to try and get in as much as I can. Staying more than one night really helps too. You need to rest up after all this eating and drinking!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #99
franandaj

So on Sunday, the 2nd morning of our trip I woke at 7AM and thought about MM, I pulled the covers back over my head and thought, ”there’s Fast Passes or something else, I’m not getting up right now.“ I got a little more sleep finally got up and dressed while DP slept some and about 10:15 took off for DL, it was PACKED at least at the entrance. I headed off to Space Mountain.

When I got there, the display of wait time and fast pass was completely blank, but within about 10 seconds, it showed at 20 minute stand by and FP return times in about an hour. I got a FP and then got in the standby line, and was on the ride within about 15 minutes. This is a kickass ride! It is way better than the MK version! My FP was not good for another 15-20 minutes so I got on the train and rode for a trip around the Land. My favorite is the Primeval world and I haven’t seen it for years, so that was HUGE treat! By the time I got back to Tomorrowland and my FP for SM was up so I rode that pretty quickly. I was hungry, so I headed back to the room to get DP to go eat some more F&W treats with me. However, she was still dead to the world and I wanted her to have all the energy she could for the John Lasseter Dinner tonight, so I let her sleep more while I hit DCA.

On my way to the Marketplace the Jammin Chef’s were on their way out, but I was too hungry to watch the show.

I headed over to the Festival Marketplace and decided on another Halibut chunk, the Ahi Tuna and a Ghiradelli Chocolate Profiterole.

Here is the Ahi, it was really good, the tuna was seared just perfect, the underlying slaw was just perfectly paired with the tuna. The little chips that went along with it were great.

Then I ate the Chocolate Profiterole, this was incredible, but I wonder what makes it a profiterole and not a round chocolate éclair?

So I went around the Marketplace after eating the food plates. Here are some shots of the seating area and the shopping area.

Here is the Wine, beer & spirits tasting area

The Food counter

The Lounge

I’ll post this for now and some other pics later in the week.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #100
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

All of your pictures and trip report have made me more determined to go next year.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #101
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So on Sunday, the 2nd morning of our trip I woke at 7AM and thought about MM, I pulled the covers back over my head and thought, ”there’s Fast Passes or something else, I’m not getting up right now.“ I got a little more sleep finally got up and dressed while DP slept some and about 10:15 took off for DL, it was PACKED at least at the entrance. I headed off to Space Mountain.

When I got there, the display of wait time and fast pass was completely blank, but within about 10 seconds, it showed at 20 minute stand by and FP return times in about an hour. I got a FP and then got in the standby line, and was on the ride within about 15 minutes. This is a kickass ride! It is way better than the MK version! My FP was not good for another 15-20 minutes so I got on the train and rode for a trip around the Land. My favorite is the Primeval world and I haven’t seen it for years, so that was HUGE treat! By the time I got back to Tomorrowland and my FP for SM was up so I rode that pretty quickly. I was hungry, so I headed back to the room to get DP to go eat some more F&W treats with me. However, she was still dead to the world and I wanted her to have all the energy she could for the John Lasseter Dinner tonight, so I let her sleep more while I hit DCA.

On my way to the Marketplace the Jammin Chef’s were on their way out, but I was too hungry to watch the show.

I headed over to the Festival Marketplace and decided on another Halibut chunk, the Ahi Tuna and a Ghiradelli Chocolate Profiterole.

Here is the Ahi, it was really good, the tuna was seared just perfect, the underlying slaw was just perfectly paired with the tuna. The little chips that went along with it were great.

Then I ate the Chocolate Profiterole, this was incredible, but I wonder what makes it a profiterole and not a round chocolate éclair?

So I went around the Marketplace after eating the food plates. Here are some shots of the seating area and the shopping area.

Here is the Wine, beer & spirits tasting area

The Food counter

The Lounge

I’ll post this for now and some other pics later in the week.
It was so nice to see you and your partner for the few minutes that I did. I'm so glad you are doing this report because I NEVER saw any of F&W!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I will have to plan on going another year.

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #102
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
All of your pictures and trip report have made me more determined to go next year.
You definitely need to! There are lots of things to do that take you away from the rides and stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
It was so nice to see you and your partner for the few minutes that I did. I'm so glad you are doing this report because I NEVER saw any of F&W!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I will have to plan on going another year.
That's too bad, I was hoping you got to see Guy, we wanted to, but didn't get out of town soon enough. That's OK, I'd seen him before.

The one I want to see next is Sunny Anderson, I'd planned to see her May 1 on my B'day, but a friend of mine passed away last weekend and his service is in the morning on my B'day, so now we're going to try and see her session on Friday the day before. That would be really tacky to be seeing a F&W thing during his memorial! Besides, I wouldn't miss that, we moved our dinner ressies to 8:30 from 5:30 just to make sure we would have time to attend all the parts of the funeral. Very sad. He was an awesome guy. But I won't dwell on that here. Tomorrow or later this week, you'll see more updates here from me.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #103
franandaj

Festival Information

So after lunch I looked around the Marketplace, and had a glass of Magicale from the Lounge while I looked through the gift shop.

I had them put it in a togo cup and I went over the Chef’s Demonstration Stage to see if I could get into the Dole Presentation, but unfortunately it was full. I got there just as they were saying, “2 individual seats left!” but the people who had been there first grabbed them.

So I just motored around the park a little, here are some shots of the Wine Walks and Beer Walk

I also checked out all the QS restaurants to find out what their special F&W items were. Award Wieners has a meatball sub (must try that),

Bountiful Farms has a Chicken Wrap (sounds too healthy), but I didn't get a picture of that sign.

Pacific Wharf Bakery has a Chicken Salad (also sounds healthy),

I’ve heard that Pizza Om Mow Mow has an antipasto salad, Lucky Fortune Chinese Company has a Thai Rice Roll, even though it’s healthy too, it sounds good, and at $3.99, I’ll try it.

The Cucomonga Cucina has an Anaheim Chile Relleno

Taste Pilot’s Grill has a Pulled Pork Sandwich

After I checked out the items, I headed to the new Wine Country Wine Bar and picked up a glass of Soave and motored around the park before heading back to the hotel. By the time I got back to the room, DP has got up, but not dressed.

Continued in the next report...

Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #104
franandaj

Club 33 - John Lasseter Wine Maker Dinner

After some prodding DP got up and dressed and we headed over to DL, We used our annual passes to get in and headed over towards Club 33.

We met up with the rest of our party and they let us all in. We waited in the lobby a bit until they were ready for us upstairs.

The servers were bringing Lamb Lollipops

Scallops on Skewers

And Potato Perogies.

I ate way too many of the appetizers as I came to realize. John Lasseter arrived once we were already seated at our table. We were at the first table on the way into the dining room, and he stopped at our table upon arrival. He was just the same guy as you see on any TV program or onstage, very casual and personable. Someone you would like to have as a friend. He explained all the wines and the inspiration behind them. Basically he and his wife like certain kinds of wines, so they bought a winery hired a wine maker to make what they like.

And some shots of Club 33

The Bar

The Harpsichord

The Hallway

Our table

The Dining Room

And of course the women’s restroom, brings a whole new meaning to “sitting on the throne!”

We had an excellent dinner of five course. The first was North Pacific Lobster, Roast Strawberry Ravioli which was paired with a Lasseter Rose, Sonoma Valley, 2009. This was so good, the lobster was just melt in your mouth. I ate all the Strawberry Ravioli which were excellent, but I could already tell I was filling up fast, so I gave the rest of my lobster to my friend John who happily polished it off for me!

In between courses, John Lasseter, Nancy Lasseter or their Winemaker spoke about the wines we were about to drink.

Our next course was California Silver Mountain Manchego, Dandelion Green Salad, paired with a Lasseter Rhone style blend, Sonoma Valley 2008. The Cheese was really good, but I don’t care for the bitter taste of Dandelion Greens, so I just left those on the plate.

The Third Course was Aromatic Mushroom Tart, Free Stone Peach, Hazelnut Sabayon paired with a Lasseter, St. Emilion, Sonoma County 2006. Chef St. Pierre must really like these puff pastry things, he made one for Taste last year, I remember because I had to google “Vol-u-vent” to find out what it was.

Next was a Prime New York Steak, Oyster Rockefeller Beurre Blanc with a Lasseter, St. Emilion, Sonoma County 2005. This was a little weird, I definitely prefer my Oysters raw. I ate one, but it just had a funny taste to it, so I put the other two off to the side. I was getting so full at this point that I had to take half my steak home in a doggie bag, because I definitely wanted to eat dessert!

Dessert was a Manjari Chocolate Mousse, Grape Sorbet, Malted Crème Anglaise paired with a Schweiger Vineyards, Port VIII, Spring Mountain District

After dinner he signed wine bottles that we all purchased, we also brought a picture from Cars that he was happy to autograph as well.

By the time we left, when we were on Main street I heard those awful words, “Disneyland is now closed, but Main Street will remain open for an additional hour for your shopping pleasure.” Not what you want to hear at midnight, you want to be in your room at midnight!

Thank god our waitlist came through for the Sunday night so we could just go back to the room and go to sleep. I was so tired I barely made it back to the room and got into bed. BTW they were testing WoC when we got back and at 6AM when I woke up again.

Next up is a short update, but tonight (Friday April 23), we’re back to the DLH and Steakhouse 55 for a Wine Maker Dinner with Buena Vista Winery!

Old 04-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #105
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Aww Alison...it's nice to hear the John Lasseter is as personable as he seems. And this is probably going to be the closest I get to Cub 33. Thanks for the photos and your thoughts!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: