Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #61
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Very cool. I wish I could go this year. Argh. I am going next year, I just need to figure out when the chefs I want to see are going to be there.
kaoden39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #62
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Found ya. Now I have some catching up to do.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #63
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Update Ė Unexpected trip to Club 33

So I just found out yesterday that Iím going to a Wine Maker Dinner at Club 33 this Sunday evening and John Lasseter will be there because itís his winery!

The same friend who got me in for lunch at the Club the day after my Birthday was able to get me into this dinner! Evidently Club 33 has these ďMember eventsĒ and the member can bring a certain number of guests. Well this event has a party maximum size of four, me and DP get to attend with our friends! When I found out about the possibility of going to the dinner I called DVC MS and waitlisted for that Sunday night, and amazingly enough the waitlist came through. Since we were already staying Friday and Saturday nights, adding a Sunday for an evening this special just seemed like a no brainer! However I didn't want to post anything about it until I was sure I was going, didn't want to jinx anything!

According to the Food & Wine schedule, John Lasseterís Winery is presenting tastings at the Festival Friday, Saturday and Sunday and his Wine Maker is doing bottle signings, so I guess after all that he gets to come to Club 33 and have dinner.

What a magical way to close out the weekend!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #64
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So I just found out yesterday that Iím going to a Wine Maker Dinner at Club 33 this Sunday evening and John Lasseter will be there because itís his winery!

The same friend who got me in for lunch at the Club the day after my Birthday was able to get me into this dinner! Evidently Club 33 has these ďMember eventsĒ and the member can bring a certain number of guests. Well this event has a party maximum size of four, me and DP get to attend with our friends! When I found out about the possibility of going to the dinner I called DVC MS and waitlisted for that Sunday night, and amazingly enough the waitlist came through. Since we were already staying Friday and Saturday nights, adding a Sunday for an evening this special just seemed like a no brainer! However I didn't want to post anything about it until I was sure I was going, didn't want to jinx anything!

According to the Food & Wine schedule, John Lasseterís Winery is presenting tastings at the Festival Friday, Saturday and Sunday and his Wine Maker is doing bottle signings, so I guess after all that he gets to come to Club 33 and have dinner.

Amazing! Waaahooooo!!!!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #65
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

How exciting!

Also: is it just me or is Guy Fieri really tan?!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #66
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
How exciting!

Also: is it just me or is Guy Fieri really tan?!
I love Guy but, a person that is as busy as he is has to be using fake tan. How else would he have a tan? When does he find time to spend in the sun?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #67
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love Guy but, a person that is as busy as he is has to be using fake tan. How else would he have a tan? When does he find time to spend in the sun?
It does look like a fake tan, sort of orangeish...
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #68
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
It does look like a fake tan, sort of orangeish...
Too funny that was my thought.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #69
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

I always thought his tan was from all the time spent in his convertable driving the country I think he has white lines on his face from his sunglasses!

You are so lucky to be going to Club 33, I want to go one of these days!

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #70
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allyandaveri View Post
I always thought his tan was from all the time spent in his convertable driving the country I think he has white lines on his face from his sunglasses!

You are so lucky to be going to Club 33, I want to go one of these days!
Yeah, yeah that's it sun in the convertible.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #71
sleekmr2
Earning My Ears

OMG!! I'm so hungry now. Love the pics.
sleekmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #72
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:

According to the Food & Wine schedule, LassJohneterís Winery is presenting tastings at the Festival Friday, Saturday and Sunday and his Wine Maker is doing bottle signings, so I guess after all that he gets to come to Club 33 and have dinner.

Alison, That is super! I really want to hear all about it. Of course your going to post your experience.

We will be arriving at DL Sunday around noon. We are staying at the GC for four nights. Guess we will have to check our CA and look for John Lasseters Winery. Thanks for all the information.

Angel16
Old 04-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #73
franandaj

So nothing went as planned today, we wanted to see the Guy Fieri Demo, but just didn't make it in time. And just to let you all know, don't think I eat like this all the time! But I do choose wisely, to quote Indiana Jones (the 3rd movie). Before we checked into the VGC we stopped at In-N-Out so we got our fast food burger fix before our gourmet plunge, plus all week I cooked "packaged food" like Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken and Zatarains Jambalaya. Don't think I didn't mix it up with extra veggies and stuff, but we're down home people normally, we just live it up on vacation or during F&W!

We did have a very nice dinner at Steakhouse 55 and I will quick post some pics because I need to go to bed so that I can get up for the Napa Rose Cooking School tomorrow. If I can muster up the gusto I'll even get up for magic mornings at the MK and ride SM, but that's pretty doubtful, I'm lucky to get up for the Cooking School as it is!

Ok so here's the bread, boy this was pretty darned yummy!

The Menu

We split everything on the meal, our first course was the rock shrimp, these were yummy tasty morsels delicately fried, but not at all tough, we scarfed them down.

Here's the glass of Chalone Chardonnay I had with the first two courses

The spinach and applewood bacon salad

The 7 onion soup, first the poured in parmesan crisps and chives,

Then the soup broth with the onions. I'll tell you this was AMAZING! The broth itself was to DIE for, and the onions were so sweet, it was just too good!

This was my half of the Rib Eye

The other half

Our Sides:

My plate, although this was a little bit overcooked, it was still quite good.

We got the first one on the list

Along with a glass of late harvest riesling

Next up the Cooking School at the Food & Wine Festival, it officially begins!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #74
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I like my steaks RED in the middle, it made me smile that you said yours were a little over done

I'm excited to read all about your F&W experience! Have a great time at the Cooking School tomorrow!!!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #75
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Alison!

I can't believe I was at the Keegan Gerhard Sweet Sunday last year and didn't know you! Aaarrrrggghhhhhh!

However, I am going to Taste this year with some friends. I will also be a scooter girl--how/where did you get your tray? How did you attach it to the scooter?

I was also wistful because my friends Dawn and Bob were at the Napa Rose cooking school last year in 2009 and enjoyed that menu very much. Unfortunately Dawn got the swine flu and passed away in November so it brought back memories because I saw a lot of them that weekend and reminded me that she would probably have been out here again.

Anyway--we will have to meet up at Taste!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: