Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #122
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

great reports & photos thanks

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #123
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh! Well, so are we! But not the 7 day cruise you are planning on! We are taking the four day cruise over President's Day weekend. It is on the Dream. We figured we had to check out the boat before we brought our kids....

We changed our mind a few weeks ago. We are doing the 4 day cruise over President's Day as well. We leave Sunday (the day before President's Day) on the Disney Dream. Is that when you leave? Tom and I talked and we were concerned over the 7 nights. Plus, he is insisting on a balcony. He is worried about his space (and I thought I was the claustrophic one). Our plan is to drive down and spend Saturday at Sea World, board the ship on Sunday, and then head to Walt Disney World the next three days and stay at the Grand Floridian . DS is going with us and we will celebrate his birthday on Friday at Magic Kingdom and our anniversary on Saturday. The Dream looks amazing. Jeremy is very excited about the Aqua Duck.

Erika

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #124
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Holy Moly - I want to go on a cruise! CC looks so beautiful and so relaxing! I can totally do drinks at 11AM! LIke you said, mimosas and bloody mary's are alcoholic, why not a conch cooler?

Thanks for the great photos! Looks like a fabulous time!

Sara
mom2mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #125
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Great CC pictures!
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #126
stace208
DIS Veteran

Sign me up for Castaway Cay!!! Wowza...love it! I hope the rumor you heard about a resort there is true because I could totally see spending days there!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #127
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Wow! Great updates with awesome pictures. Sounds like you had such a wonderful adult trip but would be awesome with the kids as well.
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #128
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We are headed for the Dream December 2011! We are really looking forward to it, and are praying for great weather. I get motion sickness so I have a plan for medication, never been on a cruise but DH and kiddies are looking forward to it, so I am going!

Looking forward to Castaway Cay, I am hoping the kiddos can swim. I read somewhere that the weather is cool during December, maybe we will get lucky. I am sure we will have a great time no matter what happens in the end.

Sounds like you and the random guy had a great relaxing time!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #129
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay looks amazing. I can hardly wait for next year.

So glad you had a good time.

Love the photos of that random guy!

Erika

Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #130
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Wow! Wow! Wow! Forget going to Castaway Cay for a day, I think I need to move there!!! But I don't want to work there, I just want to lie on the beach drinking Conch Coolers all day! Think they would let me do that?
Come on, CP! I agree! Let's be the first in line to see if they will

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I want to go there NOW!!! LOL!
DITTO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney owl View Post
great reports & photos thanks
Thank you for coming over to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Holy Moly - I want to go on a cruise! CC looks so beautiful and so relaxing! I can totally do drinks at 11AM! LIke you said, mimosas and bloody mary's are alcoholic, why not a conch cooler?

Thanks for the great photos! Looks like a fabulous time!

Sara
EXACTLY my logic! DH didn't hesitate to do the same thing

It was a great few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Great CC pictures!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Sign me up for Castaway Cay!!! Wowza...love it! I hope the rumor you heard about a resort there is true because I could totally see spending days there!
Oh yeah, CP and I are already in line.. you can join us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Wow! Great updates with awesome pictures. Sounds like you had such a wonderful adult trip but would be awesome with the kids as well.
That is exactly why we are going to take them on the 5 day next summer with two CC stops. Disney was really smart giving their cruises a perfect balance of both worlds! Even with kids you can have adult time while on the ship

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #131
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
We changed our mind a few weeks ago. We are doing the 4 day cruise over President's Day as well. We leave Sunday (the day before President's Day) on the Disney Dream. Is that when you leave? Tom and I talked and we were concerned over the 7 nights. Plus, he is insisting on a balcony. He is worried about his space (and I thought I was the claustrophic one). Our plan is to drive down and spend Saturday at Sea World, board the ship on Sunday, and then head to Walt Disney World the next three days and stay at the Grand Floridian . DS is going with us and we will celebrate his birthday on Friday at Magic Kingdom and our anniversary on Saturday. The Dream looks amazing. Jeremy is very excited about the Aqua Duck.

Erika
Wow!! That sounds great! We are going on that same 4 day! How funny! We are not bringing our kids, though. This is a short getaway for us -- the cruise with the boys in next summer, and is the 5 day 2 stops at CC. I agree the Aqua Duck does look really cool!!!!! We booked two cruises with the special "bounce back" type offer they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Castaway Cay looks amazing. I can hardly wait for next year.

So glad you had a good time.

Love the photos of that random guy!

Erika
Thanks!! It was amazing, get excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
We are headed for the Dream December 2011! We are really looking forward to it, and are praying for great weather. I get motion sickness so I have a plan for medication, never been on a cruise but DH and kiddies are looking forward to it, so I am going!

Looking forward to Castaway Cay, I am hoping the kiddos can swim. I read somewhere that the weather is cool during December, maybe we will get lucky. I am sure we will have a great time no matter what happens in the end.

Sounds like you and the random guy had a great relaxing time!
Well I don't know about cruising in December, but I am sure it will be very festive! If you take the right stuff you should be fine -- maybe check about that patch option. Yes, the random guy and I had a great time

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #132
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Wow!! That sounds great! We are going on that same 4 day! How funny! We are not bringing our kids, though. This is a short getaway for us -- the cruise with the boys in next summer, and is the 5 day 2 stops at CC. I agree the Aqua Duck does look really cool!!!!! We booked two cruises with the special "bounce back" type offer they have.
Maybe we will run into each other! I hope that all goes well on this cruise. I really want to try a 7 day but was so afraid of motion sickness and wondering if we would like it or not. Plus, DH was insistent on the verandah. That worries me even with DS being 8 going on 9 when we go. Plus, I am afraid of heights! Dear lord, with motion sickness and my fear of heights I might get off in the Bahamas and never go home !

Look forward to your next update!
'
Erika

Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #133
mickeyphile
Earning My Ears

Hi. I have been a lurker until yesterday when after reading such wonderful trip reports from you and other members I decided to jump in and admit that I too am addicted to disney !!!

We (my DH, DS8, DS7, and DD5 and I) have been to the WORLD countless times and went on the 4 day cruise for the first time in January last year. We had a lot to learn but had a wonderful time. At that time, they had a special offer where you could book another cruise in the fall for $99pp. How could we turn that down?? So we went on our three day cruise in mid august last year. We loved the experience on so many levels and the kids are always talking of going back.

I have really enjoyed your accounts of your trips. I must admit that I am very jealous of how your DH is right there on board with you when it comes to Disney. I am in the opposite camp of people with a DH who goes to Disney for the sake of family time but would rather be vacationing elsewhere (preferably exploring the great outdoors).

I wanted to ask you about the future cruises you booked while on board this past cruise. How much of a discount did you get and were you able to apply the discount to the cruise you had already booked with the kids for the summer of 2011?

Thank you once again for sharing and I look forward to reading more (so get going on writing!).

Last edited by mickeyphile; 03-17-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: grammatical mistake
mickeyphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #134
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I'm so enjoying your trip report!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #135
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A magical end to a magical beginning!

So after our last views of Castaway Cay, we finally headed back in our state room. Knowing we wanted to see the show and be ready for dinner at 8:30, we took showers and did a little preliminary packing The show this evening was called Disney Dreams, and was really neat to see. It was the same show, actually, thatwe had seen back on our first cruise, we don't recall much, but we remember liking it, and we remembered why as we watched! Again because of our dinner reservation being a little later, we had a little time to spare so we walked around, checked out the photo gallery (where they have all their pics that the photographers take on the ship -- it is called "shutters") and just walked around the mid ship area. I bought my souvenirs, and we also filled out cards for a future cruise quote...

So tonight we were again enjoying dinner at Paolo's ... SIGH... Totally worth it! The food is so good!! We didn't leave before 11pm if that gives you any idea, and with the rain falling lightly outside, what hurry did we have? It was very leisurely, and fun. We had the same waiter, and enjoyed chatting with him and the other wait staff. When we returned from Paolo's we found this turndown and "friend"... Very appropriate for Pirates, don't you think??!!

(here is our door, in case you were wondering! what they looked like!!)

A shot of the bathroom -- I think the bathrooms all over the ship are really cool. I know that sounds silly but they are cool! Great details and just neat stylistically (for a bathroom!)

Doesn't he look like the character from Pirates??!!

So we got ourselves organized in the stateroom and then with a little reading we fell asleep.

THE NEXT MORNING...

We finished all our packing, we went up to get some breakfast (nothing inspiring), and we took our suitcases off the ship for disembarkation. We went through customs, and left the terminal! We were able to get a shuttle back to the hotel where our car was, and shortly after we were on our way up to 95, to our next destination, Disney's Hilton Head resort! We were anxious to get going so we could maximize our time in SC at HH. Everything to disembark was very efficient, and easy to do. I enjoyed everything about our cruise, and I can't wait to go again! I will add some cruise tips at the end with my souvenirs!

I will have my next post tomorrow, I intend to start my PTR (finally!!!) this weekend!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: