Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #46
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I must have missed the two cruise part of next year... the early one I guess.

What are the plans for summer... still BLT and then Vero, or changes?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #47
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Reading along!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #48
stace208
DIS Veteran

Lovin' all these cruise details and pictures! I gotta find a time to go!!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #49
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
How exciting to see the ship as you approach the terminal!!!

Love that you go through Mickey ears to board and that the ship's whistle plays "When You Wish Upon a Star!" Those Disney touches!!!
It really is so much fun all the little details, you know I love the details Disney music in all the hallways, etc. SO much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Woo hoo for scoring another Palo reservation! Good job!

The Castaway Club goodies are awesome!!! Those flip flop rice krispie treats are adorable!

The sunset is gorgeous, and the cocktails sound heavenly! What a way to start the cruise off right!
It really did start it off right. I have to say Palo's was worth missing the Sail Away party -- Actually the shower, complete with the H20 "spa" collection bath products was worth missing the party for.. I felt like a new person! They have some great choices -- one was very similar to the Hollywood you like...

The rice Krispie treats were/are DANG cute. DS4 has only eaten one -- I make him eat it over time, too much for one sitting!!! MEAN Mommy, I know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hi Jennifer - I'm here, better late than never right?? I was at the ballpark all weekend, Justin had 7 games in 2 days the weather was horrible, cold and rainy enough to get you wet, but not to stop play - great start to baseball season! Oh well, the boys had a blast and took 2nd place in their tournament, so it wasn't all bad
Oh my that is not the best weather, but even still, so long as you are having a good time! Or they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Now on to your TR. How exciting that you are going to DL for Halloween! We went to DL and San Diego summer before last and had a fabulous time - you guys are going to love it!

The cruise sounds awesome so far, I love the gifts you got. Looking forward to more!
Thanks!!! Yes, we are really looking forward to this split trip in October/Nov. Should be great fun. Two nights and two full days at DL/DCA and then San Diego! OHHHHHH can you share what you did, tips? etc.? Since you have two boys, I am sure it would be helpful!!!!

The Castaway Club gift was a surprise and really nice to see when we got inside the stateroom! It was a great getaway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
I made it over to this too! Great pics and info! You guys must have had a blast. A disney cruise is on my future to do list so I'm all ears! (pun intended)
HELLO! I am glad you have made it over! I enjoyed reading your Christmas TR too!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 03-09-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #50
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here....page 3, wah!

Your pictures are making me so excited for our maybe cruise next year....assuming I can even pull off the vacation time and don't have to postpone it!

How very very fun!
I hope it works out for you! It was a great short trip, can't wait to take a longer one again!

Quote:
and something funny...Jeff's been so anit cruise in general...he brought up these one day deals they are having up to BC right now as being something fun to do over a weekend.

It is so fun watching them convert. Love that your DH laughs at hidden mickeys. Amazing really that Disney tracks a cruise 10 years ago, what a nice surprise.
That is funny -- they don't want to admit it, but.... Well, he "laughs" and says with mild amusement, "so you are trying to tell me that those three blotches of paint that happen to be close to eachother, and that look like random blotches of paint, are not actually random blotches of paint but are actually INTENTIONALLY placed blotches of paint, strategically located to remind you of "Mickey Mouse"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

Amazing and scary.... but I am not complaining!!! All that data collection has to be used for something!!!

Quote:
I'm glad you were able to add some GC time onto the San Diego trip instead of driving up for the day or 2. It's doable but will be so much more fun being there!

Looking forward to cruising along with you.
Oh yes, we are excited. I was pouting. It worked. I said we cannot possibly go to LA and San Diego over Halloween and NOT NOT NOT go to Disney LAND??!! He agreed... (twist, twist, twist...)

SO we fly to LA, spend two nights at GC, then drive to San Diego. We are staying at the Four Seasons resort. We had time share points and were able to get that resort which is rarely available. It was luck. Can't wait for Lego land, etc!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Wow - the cruise looks fantastic! Loving all the pictures and am really hoping to be able to take a cruise sometime soon.

Sara
Thanks! I have more to post shortly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
I've been a lurker on your xmas report and your last two snow trips so thought I would move on over to your cruise TR, posting this time

Looking fab so far
Awwww SO glad you are here! Great to have you along! We have fun on these! I love sharing and reading! Thanks for coming along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmomofson View Post
We are headed on a 3 day at the end of April and your TR is helping me get excited!! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing you thoughts and the wonderful pictures.
OH boy!!! I have lots to share so stick around!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #51
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I must have missed the two cruise part of next year... the early one I guess.

What are the plans for summer... still BLT and then Vero, or changes?

HI!! NO no no, summer still as planned! Well, we have BLT/BCV, and Vero if we cant get off the waitlist at BCV, I suspect we won't be able to get those last two nights, but I think we will be ready to try Vero at that point.

Yes! WE booked a bounceback cruise if you will! For President's Day next year. Just DH and I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Reading along!
Well HOWDY! Glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Lovin' all these cruise details and pictures! I gotta find a time to go!!
Really if you can, do it! It was great fun for us. I just remembered how much fun the other cruise had been!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #52
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Dinner and a stroll

So as the sun set on the ocean view, we strolled the length of the Deck, heading to Paolo's for Dinner #1!!!! We were seated within minutes of checking in, and the dining room was pretty empty. We were seated at a nice spot against the windows. I had a bellini to start and then swapped to wine. I prefer frozen bellini's but this was still very good! We had a great meal with flatbread, appetizers and salads, and entrees. The food reminds me somewhat of Cali Grill -- with more of an Italian twist. We had dessert and he brought us out an extra dessert because we couldn't decide what we wanted! The gelato was AMAZING.. Talk about a devine gourmand extravaganza! We had our photo taken by the Cruise's version of a "photopass" photographer, and about 8:20pm, we staggered out of the restaurant. Now, this stagger wasn't alcohol induced. Well, maybe a little, but more likely it was due to the fact that the boat was swaying a bit, and I was wearing sandals with three inch wedge heels!!!! OH no matter, it was all in the fun of it!!!!

SO back to the stateroom we went. This is what was waiting for us when we got there!!!

Isn't he CUTE!!!

A turn down with CHOCOLATES!! Can't I have this every night!!!????

DH decided that he was really wiped out. He was not compelled to go see the stage show that night, so I went and walked into the second showing -- it had just started. When I was headed to the theater I saw everyone else who was assigned to our seating time make their way into Triton's for dinner. This chandelier is AMAZING.

You can see all the SHOPPING that is to be had on the ship, along with the lead "run way" to the theater for the live performances. There is also a movie theater onboard. There are two nice shops on the boat, open from 5pm - 11pm!

These are the elevators mid-ship. I just love the Art Deco detailing and styling. Makes me really feel like I am on a "Grand Old Cruiseliner"!

These Photos are from one of the lounges on the ship, called "The Cadillac Lounge" Which is very cool with all the car themed touches! This is one of three evening/lounge club locations. It is really pretty inside! Very lush!

I went in to see the show that had just started. It was fun! Of the three stage shows (I saw all three!) I liked this one best, because it was more of a review/Dance show! It was really well done!

So at this point, I was really exhausted myself -- it had been a full day already! After the show, I walked back to the room, got washed up and flopped down for some much neeed slumber!

Coming up next will be our Nassau Day!

Here is a little HINT...

Last edited by Happydog; 03-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #53
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

So beautiful!! The ship and the preview!!! I've only been to Naussau once - a LONG time ago and the aqua blue water stands out in my memory the most. So beautiful!!! I'm not used to pretty water. We have a big muddy river and just as muddy bayous. :-) Looking forward to more pretty paradise pictures!!!!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #54
mackeymouse4eva
Mouseketeer

I love reading your trip report...great pictures!!! Right now we are in the big preperation stage for the EB Transatlantic in April but when we get back I will PM you...We just spent this past Halloween at Disneyland and San Diego. We had a blast!! There was so much to do! My son is 5 ( soon to be 6) and LOVED Legoland and the Halloween party at DCA.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your TR!!
mackeymouse4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #55
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeymouse4eva View Post
I love reading your trip report...great pictures!!! Right now we are in the big preperation stage for the EB Transatlantic in April but when we get back I will PM you...We just spent this past Halloween at Disneyland and San Diego. We had a blast!! There was so much to do! My son is 5 ( soon to be 6) and LOVED Legoland and the Halloween party at DCA.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your TR!!
OH GOODNESS! VERY VERY COOL! YES, please do tell me all about it, AND ALSO TELL ME ALL ABOUT your TransAtlantic! How cool! YOU are brave -- I don't know that I could do this kind of cruise! Maybe on the QE2 but Disney is the next best thing!!! Looking forward to all of the stories!!! Thanks for reading along!!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #56
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Great update!

I love the colors and the art deco style, just stunning! And that chandelier

It sounds like a lovely lovely night.

Oh I really really hope we can keep the Feb trip. I'm going to be dying waiting to see what the new vacation package will look like to see if I can keep it.

Your pictures and TR are just reinforcing how much I want to go!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #57
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Lots of shopping onboard, you say??? You know how I love shopping!

I love art deco architecture! The ship is just gorgeous with all those details!

I would definitely like to have chocolates and turn-down service every night! Wouldn't that be the life?
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #58
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I'm here (finally).

You've really been zooming out the updates.

Congrats on ALL the upcoming trips.

The cruise ship looks lovely. I'm a sucker for art deco myself too. I would love to see the shows and castaway cay someday but for now I will just live with getting a peek into others trips.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Diamondintheruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #59
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness. What a hint that is! I would give anything to be gazing at that view today!!

Sounds like it was a great evening. As far as cruises go, I am a bit worried about feeling the boat swaying. But sounds like it didn't really slow you down! I'm afraid I'd be sick.

All that shopping... right up your alley!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #60
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed your snow getaway! I am looking forward to the rest of your adults only cruise. I would love to getaway w/ just my hubby!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: