Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #31
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

what great pics!! Lokking forward to more
shannon47142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #32
poeticdiabetic
DIS Veteran

subscribing
poeticdiabetic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #33
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Fantastic first day details and pictures! Looking forward to day 2.
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #34
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow. Gorgeous pictures. That sunset. Ahhhh..... Your room looks bigger than what I thought it would be. I know there are lots of different categories of rooms.... did you book something specific or just take your chances and take what was available? That porthole is huge- WAY bigger than on the Love Boat!

Very cool that they recognize repeat visitors with such nice gifts. Too bad WDW doesn't do that... we'd all be racking up some pretty nice stuff!

Looks like the start to a delightful adult getaway!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #35
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Great Trip Report thus far!!! This makes me even more excited for our fourth DCL cruise in two weeks! I love your pictures of the new Outlook Bar area on the Wonder. Your pictures make me want to skip the show the first night and just relax there heading out to sea!

PS -- The "hidden mickey" picture was too funny!
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #36
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I am in! I loved your last reports! We are planning a cruise next year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary so I am anxious to hear about the 3 day cruise. We have been mulling over the 7 day western vs' 4 day on the new ship with several days at the world.

Congrats on halloween at Disney Land. That is awesome!

Erika

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #37
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

How exciting to see the ship as you approach the terminal!!!

Love that you go through Mickey ears to board and that the ship's whistle plays "When You Wish Upon a Star!" Those Disney touches!!!

Woo hoo for scoring another Palo reservation! Good job!

The Castaway Club goodies are awesome!!! Those flip flop rice krispie treats are adorable!

The sunset is gorgeous, and the cocktails sound heavenly! What a way to start the cruise off right!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #38
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Jennifer - I'm here, better late than never right?? I was at the ballpark all weekend, Justin had 7 games in 2 days the weather was horrible, cold and rainy enough to get you wet, but not to stop play - great start to baseball season! Oh well, the boys had a blast and took 2nd place in their tournament, so it wasn't all bad

Now on to your TR. How exciting that you are going to DL for Halloween! We went to DL and San Diego summer before last and had a fabulous time - you guys are going to love it!

The cruise sounds awesome so far, I love the gifts you got. Looking forward to more!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #39
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Hey

I made it over to this too! Great pics and info! You guys must have had a blast. A disney cruise is on my future to do list so I'm all ears! (pun intended)
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #40
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm here....page 3, wah!

Your pictures are making me so excited for our maybe cruise next year....assuming I can even pull off the vacation time and don't have to postpone it!

How very very fun!

and something funny...Jeff's been so anit cruise in general...he brought up these one day deals they are having up to BC right now as being something fun to do over a weekend.

It is so fun watching them convert. Love that your DH laughs at hidden mickeys. Amazing really that Disney tracks a cruise 10 years ago, what a nice surprise.

I'm glad you were able to add some GC time onto the San Diego trip instead of driving up for the day or 2. It's doable but will be so much more fun being there!

Looking forward to cruising along with you.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #41
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Wow - the cruise looks fantastic! Loving all the pictures and am really hoping to be able to take a cruise sometime soon.

Sara
mom2mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #42
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

I've been a lurker on your xmas report and your last two snow trips so thought I would move on over to your cruise TR, posting this time

Looking fab so far

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #43
nhmomofson
Mouseketeer

We are headed on a 3 day at the end of April and your TR is helping me get excited!! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing you thoughts and the wonderful pictures.
nhmomofson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #44
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
I'm so excited to hear about your cruise!
Thanks! IT was a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
so excited your started your cruise report.....I feel like you are an author and I am feverishly trying to read all of your sequels to keep up

Tracy
HA! Well it is my fault for taking all these dang trips, but it is a small price to pay! I have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Sounds like a fun start...but I can't beleive you missed the Sail Away party!! I want to go on one just for the Party! LOL! Well, ok more than just the party, but I do want to do it someday!
Well, we did go the first cruise, I can remember some of it, but the priorities were a little different for us this time! However, knowing I would be coming on another cruise made it a little easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
what great pics!! Lokking forward to more
Thanks! Welcome over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticdiabetic View Post
subscribing
Hi, and welcome! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Fantastic first day details and pictures! Looking forward to day 2.
Thank you!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #45
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow. Gorgeous pictures. That sunset. Ahhhh..... Your room looks bigger than what I thought it would be. I know there are lots of different categories of rooms.... did you book something specific or just take your chances and take what was available? That porthole is huge- WAY bigger than on the Love Boat!
Hi there! It was a beautiful view that is for certain, even better the next day!

It was a decent size for two people. If we had all been in this stateroom it would have been a little nuts.... but even then there is enough space to share I think. We booked "guaranteed" category so that would put us in an inside stateroom, yes, in the most inexpensive category. We did this with purpose, because I had read many times that in many cases Disney will upgrade you to make those less expensive rooms available. Well, we were upgraded to having the porthole, and that was a big difference. We would have been fine in an inside room, again this was a budget trip, but we did get that extra bump to an outside room, so we had the window. We were on the same deck, deck 2. The previous cruise we had a veranda, but that was also an upgrade from a window on the 5th deck... This was on a 7 day cruise in the fall, so again the rates were a little less expensive. They tell you to book where you can stand to be and hope for an upgrade. So we knew we could end up with that inside room and we could live with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Very cool that they recognize repeat visitors with such nice gifts. Too bad WDW doesn't do that... we'd all be racking up some pretty nice stuff!

Looks like the start to a delightful adult getaway!
I KNOW, RIGHT??!! Why for the cruisers and not for the park goers!!!?? SO funny. It was really a nice touch. We had a fab start to our adult getaway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post
Great Trip Report thus far!!! This makes me even more excited for our fourth DCL cruise in two weeks! I love your pictures of the new Outlook Bar area on the Wonder. Your pictures make me want to skip the show the first night and just relax there heading out to sea!

PS -- The "hidden mickey" picture was too funny!
WOW! Two weeks? Great for you! The Outlook Bar is very very cool! If you have seen that sailaway party many times, you could always head over there after or during... it was a prime place to relax with a drink and that time of day was perfect.

Yeah, he was amusing himself with the NOT so Hidden Mickey... um the BIG one you can't MISS!!! We had fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I am in! I loved your last reports! We are planning a cruise next year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary so I am anxious to hear about the 3 day cruise. We have been mulling over the 7 day western vs' 4 day on the new ship with several days at the world.

Congrats on halloween at Disney Land. That is awesome!

Erika
Oh I am so glad you found your way over here! Thanks for reading with me!!!!
Well it was great fun, and depending on what you are interested in, that is a hard decision you are thinking about... I am really excited to try out the Disney Dream next February, all those options sound great, really! That is a hard decision!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: