Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #138
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Lovely last evening! I must admit, you had me looking at February cruises for 2011 after reading all about yours. We have a four-day weekend for President's Day, and it would be so nice to escape for an adults-only trip. I was so sad to read your cruise was over, but then, you reminded me about your night in Hilton Head. Looking forward to reading all about that now, and of course, seeing what souvenirs you picked up!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #139
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

What a lovely evening! I can't wait to read all your tips. I have a ton of questions for you but I will wait and see if they are answered in the tips first.

Erika

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #140
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Whoa, that's a big towel critter!
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #141
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

We have to get back to a Disney Cruise sometime soon! I think two days at CC sounds heavenly. Eager to hear about HH, and the pretrip report. We have to get our meet together!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #142
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Your photos are stunning You have really captured the essence and vibrancy of the islands. Really fantastic trip report .... reading it has totally made me homesick for Castaway Cay
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #143
stace208
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great last night...well, if any last night is great

Can't wait to hear about HH!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #144
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Lovely last evening! I must admit, you had me looking at February cruises for 2011 after reading all about yours. We have a four-day weekend for President's Day, and it would be so nice to escape for an adults-only trip. I was so sad to read your cruise was over, but then, you reminded me about your night in Hilton Head. Looking forward to reading all about that now, and of course, seeing what souvenirs you picked up!
THAT IS WHEN WE ARE GOING AND SO IF YOU EVEN REMOTELY ARE CONSIDERING IT THAT IS ABSOLUTELY WHEN YOU SHOULD GOOOOOOOOOO
Okay, enough said.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #145
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
THAT IS WHEN WE ARE GOING AND SO IF YOU EVEN REMOTELY ARE CONSIDERING IT THAT IS ABSOLUTELY WHEN YOU SHOULD GOOOOOOOOOO
Okay, enough said.
I wanna go too!!! Wonder if I could talk the Disney Grump into it.........

You're last night sounds great! Looking forward to hearing about HH.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #146
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The February 17th or the February 20th one? You weren't kidding about how reasonable they are at that time of year!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #147
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The February 17th or the February 20th one? You weren't kidding about how reasonable they are at that time of year!
We are booked this time for the 4 night, the one that leaves Sunday I think it is... the 20th. We have to take three days off. With the three day, it is the Thursday departure -- we had to take two days off, but we also took the Monday off since we went to HH for one night. on the 3 day you get back Sunday am, with Monday the holiday that is kinda nice... we are planning to take the Tue, Wed and Thurs after President's day. It is a good deal I think. I mean the weather can be a gamble, I guess, but we were and are willing to take that bet.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #148
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I wanna go too!!! Wonder if I could talk the Disney Grump into it.........

You're last night sounds great! Looking forward to hearing about HH.
Never say never!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #149
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Maybe we will run into each other! I hope that all goes well on this cruise. I really want to try a 7 day but was so afraid of motion sickness and wondering if we would like it or not. Plus, DH was insistent on the verandah. That worries me even with DS being 8 going on 9 when we go. Plus, I am afraid of heights! Dear lord, with motion sickness and my fear of heights I might get off in the Bahamas and never go home !

Look forward to your next update!
'
Erika
You will totally love the boat!! We had a verandah room when we went on the 7 day cruise... It is Disney, I am SURE they have thought of everything when it comes to safety for children even in those rooms...

And yes! I am sure we will see eachother! I think that people have a cruise DIS Meet thread, I remember seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyphile View Post
Hi. I have been a lurker until yesterday when after reading such wonderful trip reports from you and other members I decided to jump in and admit that I too am addicted to disney !!!

We (my DH, DS8, DS7, and DD5 and I) have been to the WORLD countless times and went on the 4 day cruise for the first time in January last year. We had a lot to learn but had a wonderful time. At that time, they had a special offer where you could book another cruise in the fall for $99pp. How could we turn that down?? So we went on our three day cruise in mid august last year. We loved the experience on so many levels and the kids are always talking of going back.

I have really enjoyed your accounts of your trips. I must admit that I am very jealous of how your DH is right there on board with you when it comes to Disney. I am in the opposite camp of people with a DH who goes to Disney for the sake of family time but would rather be vacationing elsewhere (preferably exploring the great outdoors).

I wanted to ask you about the future cruises you booked while on board this past cruise. How much of a discount did you get and were you able to apply the discount to the cruise you had already booked with the kids for the summer of 2011?

Thank you once again for sharing and I look forward to reading more (so get going on writing!).
Hello!!!! WELCOME!!! SO glad you have had fun reading along. I have had fun writing! With the cruises, we booked a second one, but with the cruise we already had, we couldn't apply the deal, but we could rebook. After some thought we decided to do that instead, so we just rebooked. We got a different room cat for the same price of the original booking (which was a step down in categories). Though we may get an upgrade after all, we liked the incentives: 1/2 the deposit and a $100.00 on board credit. We also got $50.00 for the Disney Visa. So that was nice, and it was discounted 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I'm so enjoying your trip report!
Gee Thanks! I had fun writing this one!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #150
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love the towel guy! It is so perfect for pirates.

What an incredibly relaxing three days. I will get on a DCL trip one of these days.

I can't wait to read/see HH.
It was really exactly what the Dr. ordered! Fun. I still have tan lines

HH is neat, I am glad to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Love the towel guy! He looks just like the POTC character! Can't wait to hear about Hilton Head!
Cool wasn't it!!

Coming up tonight!!!

Quote:
Already said my piece about the cruise!!!

My update with HH is coming up tonight! I have pics and more pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
What a lovely evening! I can't wait to read all your tips. I have a ton of questions for you but I will wait and see if they are answered in the tips first.

Erika
I will tell you what I know, but I will say that the Passporter guide for cruises was a great resource!!!! They have a new one coming out this fall I think...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: