Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #61
MaryLynne
Earning My Ears

gomagic - wow, nice to know DCL is so on top of things

Paraflier - I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!

Thanks for the 2 month reminder. I can't wait for my son to get home so I can tell him. We check the number of days left every so often, but have not really been doing a daily count down. This milestone almost passed me by. LOL
MaryLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #62
MEAGON2222
Mouseketeer

fe list

Hi do we have a current list whole is acting in it. Who is in what room and what age of the kids if there are any.

I would also like to join

[/url]

[IMG ]http://www.hutsellhobbies.com/disney/dvcMember/SSMC2011.jpg[ /IMG]
MEAGON2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #63
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Just a heads up to everyone to go to the online checkin a choose your port arrival time. The checkin times do not apply to Platinum or Concierge guests though. Even if you did the checkin awhile ago, recheck yours again to make sure everything is in order. I had previously completed ours when we were first able to do so and when I went to double check it a over the weekend, it said some of mine was incomplete.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #64
e_s_jones
Disney Dad

Shouldn't Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomagic View Post
Just a heads up to everyone to go to the online checkin a choose your port arrival time. The checkin times do not apply to Platinum or Concierge guests though. Even if you did the checkin awhile ago, recheck yours again to make sure everything is in order. I had previously completed ours when we were first able to do so and when I went to double check it a over the weekend, it said some of mine was incomplete.
According to other posts I've read (elsewhere on DISboards) this arrival time scheduling is mostly for the larger number of guests for Disney Dream. I've not read anywhere that the CMs at the port will not take you if you show up early or late... they just want to get a rough idea of when the peak and slack boarding periods might be so they can staff appropriately.
(#1) May 18-22, 2008 Wonder w/2 calls at CC
(#2) Apr 2-9, 2011 Magic Western Caribbean
e_s_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #65
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_s_jones View Post
According to other posts I've read (elsewhere on DISboards) this arrival time scheduling is mostly for the larger number of guests for Disney Dream. I've not read anywhere that the CMs at the port will not take you if you show up early or late... they just want to get a rough idea of when the peak and slack boarding periods might be so they can staff appropriately.
I realize that since I read the same thing on other posts too, but you never know, things can change between now and then. Anyways, it would still be a good idea to double check the online checkin again just in case it now shows incomplete like mine did.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #66
CelticPrncss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflier View Post
AHHHHHH!!!!! 2 months!! 2 months, 2 months, 2 months!!! WOO HOO!! Just a little excited here. LOL
Oh I so agree, now it is less than 2 months and I am sure we could alll use some nice warm tropical weather Even here in South Mississippi it has been very cold....

gomagic, thanks for the heads up I will go and double check mine.

Mike and I are in Stateroom 6080, we tried for our previous cabin of 6076 but sadly it was already booked

Now I have to see what the status is of my FE, but I have already seen some lovely goodies for gifts!!

That sail away party will be here before we know it!!!

Have a great evening, be safe and stay warm!!!!

"

WDW Trips: Honeymoon - The Disney Inn - 05/1989
EuroDisney - 04/1992
Shades of Green - 05/1995; 05/1999; 05/2007; 10/2007; 01/2008; 10/2008; 10/2009; 5/2010; 4/2011; 5/2011, 5/2012, 5/2013: Coronado Springs: 10/2009; 12/2010
DCL: Disney Magic: Eastern 14-21 Feb 09;
Western 2-9 Apr 11; Dream-22-26 Mar 11; Dream 26-30 May 13.

Last edited by CelticPrncss; 02-07-2011 at 06:52 PM.
CelticPrncss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #67
MEAGON2222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPrncss View Post
Oh I so agree, now it is less than 2 months and I am sure we could alll use some nice warm tropical weather Even here in South Mississippi it has been very cold....

gomagic, thanks for the heads up I will go and double check mine.

Mike and I are in Stateroom 6080, we tried for our previous cabin of 6076 but sadly it was already booked

Now I have to see what the status is of my FE, but I have already seen some lovely goodies for gifts!!

That sail away party will be here before we know it!!!

Have a great evening, be safe and stay warm!!!!

It is below zero today. Also we are in 6076 and it has been december dec 2009.

[/url]

[IMG ]http://www.hutsellhobbies.com/disney/dvcMember/SSMC2011.jpg[ /IMG]
MEAGON2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #68
kyirish25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAGON2222 View Post
Hi do we have a current list whole is acting in it. Who is in what room and what age of the kids if there are any.

I would also like to join
Barb - I don't have a complete list with room numbers and everything just yet. I was going to PM everyone once the deadline arrives and get room numbers and email addresses of everyone.

Here is who has signed up thus far:
paraflier - Kris, Mary, Nate(6), Kris(4)
gomagic - Tricia & Karla(DM)
kyirish25 - Doug, Cher, Doug(9)
CelticPrncss (6080) - Missy & Mike
MartDM - Martha, Jim, Cian(4)
scully0318 - Jennie, Elora(17), James(10)
MaryLynne - MaryLynne & Blake(11)
MEAGON222 (6076) - Barb & DH

Anyone else want to be added? I see a few have mentioned it but wasn't sure if they were 100% on doing the FE.

Last edited by kyirish25; 02-08-2011 at 03:34 PM.
kyirish25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #69
CelticPrncss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAGON2222 View Post
It is below zero today. Also we are in 6076 and it has been december dec 2009.
Oh that is funny!!! That was a great stateroom!!! Very quiet... below zero, you really need a nice cruise to warm up!!!

My FE is in the mail!!! this cruise is getting closer by the day!!!!

"

EuroDisney - 04/1992
Shades of Green - 05/1995; 05/1999; 05/2007; 10/2007; 01/2008; 10/2008; 10/2009; 5/2010; 4/2011; 5/2011, 5/2012, 5/2013: Coronado Springs: 10/2009; 12/2010
Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #70
firstime discruiser
Earning My Ears

Anybody else really excited but just a little nervous about the service issues reported in the posts on the board? We are far from demanding travelers, however, my DH might be a tad upset if the service is really bad, considering the premium we paid.

I'm so excited for the cruise and warm weather that I'll take 2+ hour dinners! LOL
firstime discruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #71
MartDM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstime discruiser View Post
Anybody else really excited but just a little nervous about the service issues reported in the posts on the board? We are far from demanding travelers, however, my DH might be a tad upset if the service is really bad, considering the premium we paid.

I'm so excited for the cruise and warm weather that I'll take 2+ hour dinners! LOL
Honestly, while I'm not doubting these folks had problems, but I think they were a bit overblown because of how these people handled them. I'm hoping not to have problems but if I did, I'm not expecting the same result because I would handle it differently than they did

For example, if the first dinner was so disasterous that I had been there almost two hours before I got my entree, I would have had the Head Waiter called to my table or gone to find him long before the entree arrived. If the problems continued, I would have gone to Guest Services immediately after the meal and requested to speak with the dining manager to request resolution.

I'm not the type to sit around and pout, then complain about it later. I like to nip things in the bud...politely and respectfully mind you but QUICKLY. Keeps things from getting out of control, know what I mean?

Here's hoping we all have a problem free and highly enjoyable journey
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #72
paraflier
Mouseketeer

I'm not too worried about the service. This will our first cruise so we have nothing to compare it to. As long as they take care of the kids dinners quickly so they can do the dine and play I'll be happy. DH, DM and I won't mind a more leisurely dinner experience. Of course if its ridiculous we'll bring it up to our servers but I don't expect a problem. Positive attitude can do wonders. I think a lot of folks are going in with unreasonable expectations and are somehow surprised when reality doesn't live up to it! Can't wait to cruise!!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #73
CelticPrncss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm not too worried about the service. This will our first cruise so we have nothing to compare it to. As long as they take care of the kids dinners quickly so they can do the dine and play I'll be happy. DH, DM and I won't mind a more leisurely dinner experience. Of course if its ridiculous we'll bring it up to our servers but I don't expect a problem. Positive attitude can do wonders. I think a lot of folks are going in with unreasonable expectations and are somehow surprised when reality doesn't live up to it! Can't wait to cruise!!
I agree with you Paraflier, people go in with unreasonable expectations....

IMO I think because the Dream is newer the kinks are still being worked out, give it a year and it will be running smooth....

The crew on the Magic is very professional and very friendly, you will be treated like a .... from the minute you board...

At Breakfast our servers had my hot tea ready for me along with a lovely chocolate crossiant and decaf coffee for Mike.

We had no children with us, but we noticed at dinner each evening those families that had children, the servers had put the kids drinks out, coloring pages and crayons were waiting when they sat down.

We never had to wait very long from the time we sat down for our drinks nor our meals. One night I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted for my entree and they brought me both.... I ate them both...

Every night at dinner they gave us some puzzle or riddle to figure out...and did very good James Bond imitations on formal night, they also did card tricks and games for the kids.....

There was one mother on our cruise in Feb '09 that said she was never coming on a Disney cruise again, that she never saw her kids, they never wanted to leave the kids clubs, "this was not a family vacation" .....

PS if you want a Mickey Bar for dessert just ask!!! Plus you can also get them from room service 24 hrs a day!!!

We also asked one night for dessert for a plate full of the huge chocolate chip cookies they make on the ship and we did get a plate full for us and our table mates!!

We are all going to have a blast, a much needed vacation and wonderful warm weather!!! WAHOOOOOO

"

EuroDisney - 04/1992
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #74
MartDM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Positive attitude can do wonders. I think a lot of folks are going in with unreasonable expectations and are somehow surprised when reality doesn't live up to it! Can't wait to cruise!!
Very well put paraflier! I think these message boards build up the hype too much in the minds of some.

And as for a positive attitude, you're on a cruise...how bad can it be (ok, with the exception of the Carnival ship that caught fire that is)???? I've been on other cruiselines and I'm expecting a similar experience on DCL - lovely cruise and staff eager to please their customers. I'm sure they'll deliver! Anything beyond that is a bonus!
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #75
firstime discruiser
Earning My Ears

I agree, vacation is always what you make of it, and your own action/reaction to things is what can make it a great experience or a really bad one. We've been on two other cruises with two different cruiselines, but our last was in 2004. It's been a while! I'm going in with the mindset of having fun and relaxing, and spending quality time with my family.
firstime discruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caribbean, magic, western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: