Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Too early for a PTR not for me!

I've decided to start my PTR for our May 2011 trip since I've got some extra time on my hands and I just feel like putting the details of the trip out there. I've been a lurker here for a while and have finally decided to come out of hiding and start posting. I recently got married and after the excitement of the wedding died down I decided I wanted to out all my energy into planning something else. My DH and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon and since we love it so much I wanted to plan another trip. I decided to plan a surprise trip for his 30th birthday. Once I mentioned the idea to my parents they said they were thinking of taking a family trip so we've decided to turn the trip into a family/30th birthday trip. DH still has no idea about it and won't till the morning we are leaving. Then we are going to surprise him with my family coming along.

We've pretty much decided on a 7night/8day or 8day/9night trip in May 2011 staying at the Caribbean Beach. We'll be on the Disney Dining Plan and are hoping to get over to Universal Studios for a day to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter since we are all excited for that.

Alright next up I'm going to introduce the cast of characters for the trip.

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Chuck's May 2011 Birthday Trip Report

July 1989 Grand Floridian * July 1996 Grand Floridian * June 1998 Beach Club * February 2008 Pop Century * October 2009 Polynesian * May 2011 Caribbean Beach * June 2014 Art of Animation *
Meg1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Now onto the cast of characters for this trip.

First up....me!

My name is Meghan and I am in love with all things Disney. If I could afford to I would make a trip to Disney World every year. I've been there 5 times and my most recent trip was for my honeymoon in October 2009. My favorite time to go down is October since I love the Halloween party and the Food and Wine Festival. My favorite character is Eeyore and my favorite princess is Belle.

Next up is my hubby, Chuck

Chuck likes Disney but doesn't love it the way I do. I think he's starting to love it though since our honeymoon. He's mentioned a couple of times that he can't wait to go back so I'm hoping he loves this surprise trip. He's been to Disney World 4 times before with his most recent trip being our honeymoon. His favorite character is Pluto.

He's also in a band.

Let's post two more just for fun. Since Chuck isn't a huge Disney fan he had never heard of the Beverly at Club Cool. Being the loving wife I am I felt the need to let him try this delicious drink.

Before

After

Next up is my dad, Bob.

My dad has been to Disney World 4 times before but his most recent trip was 1998 so he's a little rusty on it. It was actually his idea for the family trip. His favorite Disney character is Goofy.

Now onto my mom, Sharon.

My mom has been to Disney 4 times as well but he last trip was in 2008 with me for my sister's cheerleading competition. She was a good sport on that trip since I was making her run around like a mad woman since I hadn't been there since 1998 and we only had 3 days. Something tells me she is looking for a little bit slower pace this time around. Her favorite character is Donald which she has never met. I'm hoping to change that this trip since I've found he was always around on our honeymoon.

Mom and I at one of Chuck's band's shows

Now onto my brother, Bobby. Bobby has been to Disney World 3 times before but like my dad he hasn't been there since 1998. I feel like my dad and Bobby won't even recognize some of Disney World when they get there. His favorite Disney character is the Mad Hatter.

Bobby and I at our cousin's wedding and at Chuck's band's show.

Last but not least is my sister, Christine (although we all call her Teenie). Teenie's been to Disney World 4 times and her last trip was in 2008 for her cheerleading competition. Unfortunately she had the flu on that trip so she didn't do much. Her favorite character is Stitch and her favorite princess is Ariel.

Teenie and I at my bachelorette party.

Up next some more pictures of the cast of characters

Chuck's Birthday PTR

July 1989 Grand Floridian * July 1996 Grand Floridian * June 1998 Beach Club * February 2008 Pop Century * October 2009 Polynesian * May 2011 Caribbean Beach * June 2014 Art of Animation *

Last edited by Meg1884; 06-30-2010 at 12:44 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Last post of the day....more pictures of the cast of characters so you can get to know us better.

Chuck and I in the photobooth at our wedding.

On our wedding day

The day after the wedding/the day before our honeymoon.

Breakfast at the Crystal Palace

Meeting Disney's Mr. and Mrs.

Bobby, Teenie and I in the photobooth

Mom, Teenie and I at my bachelorette party

Christmas 2009 with mom's big gift.

Christmas 2009 with dad's big gift.

We'll I hope everyone enjoyed the report so far. It's still really early in the planning process so I probably won't have much to add till this summer when the 2011 packages come out and we can book the trip. Until then happy planning everyone!

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Last edited by Meg1884; 06-30-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Needed to delete something
Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Nice to meet you Meghan! You have a nice looking family and how fun is it that you get to plan a trip together! Believe me, if I had known I was going to WDW earlier I would have started my PTR sooner.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Take care,
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Thanks Brenda! I don't know what it is but I just really enjoy planning trips (especially to Disney World). Plus I'm the only one that is on the boards so everyone else is a little lost in the planning.

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Old 03-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

I'll hop on to read. Ya'll look like a very lovely family.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
I'll hop on to read. Ya'll look like a very lovely family.
Thanks Megan! BTW I love your name!

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Old 03-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

thanks for checking out my PTR! i'm joining in on yours!! Can't wait to hear more!
jenniferkeala808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg1884 View Post
Thanks Megan! BTW I love your name!
Yours is quite nice as well.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Arielssister
Mouseketeer

Excited to read. Glad I'm not the only early planner. We are not going back until December of 2011 so I'm using these boards to feed the longing. I have a PTR but I think people laugh when they see December 2011. You have a lovely family and I'm looking forward to your PTR. I bet it will be a wonderful suprise.

DH ME DD5 DS1

Dec 1995 ASMusic
Feb 2003 ASSports
March 2007 CBR
October 2009 ASMovies
Dec 2011 ? Pop Century?
Arielssister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Thanks for following everyone!

Well there is a slight update....our Disney Vacation Planning dvd came in the mail! Although I remember the old ones from the 90s and they were so much better than the ones they have now. Something is better than nothing and I'll be secretly watching mine when DH is working tomorrow. I also had one sent to my parents' house and they watched their's right away. I almost got caught though since my sister texted me that the dvd came and DH was looking over my shoulder reading my text. He asked what dvd and I told him I had the Disney one sent to them since my sister has been bugging them for a trip. I'm hoping that did the job of throwing him off the scent.

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Joining in! This sounds like fun! Can't wait to read more!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

Sorry I haven't updated this lately but there hasn't been much to say. DH is getting a little suspicious about this trip. As I started thinking about how I was going to surprise him I realized I'll have to plan some sort of trip with him so that he can take off from work. Since we are both Harry Potter fans I suggested we take a short trip to Universal next May to see the new Harry Potter land. He thinks I mist be up to something since he doubts I'll be able to be in Florida without stopping at Disney. LOL He knows me too well.

Another update is that I may be changing where we are staying. While I'd love to stay at a moderate I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off saving on my own. I've stayed at Pop Century before and while it wasn't my favorite I liked it. I tend to use my room at Disney to just sleep in since I don't like to miss any park time. My task is to know convince the rest of my family that Pop won't be too bad since they wanted to do Caribbean Beach. Has anyone stayed at Pop during the month of May? I'm a little concerned about school groups staying there.

As one more thing to add to the update I've decided to add our list of ADR's for this trip. Now I know this list is too long and we won't get to eat at all of them on this trip but I just wanted to put it out there. Any opinions on them? Please add ones I've missed or let me know what you like and don't like from the list. Hope all is well with everyone's plans! I can't believe I'm almost at the year mark for this trip. I hope it flies by!

ADR Wish List

Breakfast:

Kona Cafe
Boma
Tusker House (since my mom loves Donald and Daisy)
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare

Lunch:

Sci-Fi Dine-In
Le Chefs De France
Flame Tree BBQ
Pecos Bills
Earl of Sandwich

Dinner:

Le Cellier
Boma
Jiko
Cinderella's Royal Table
'Ohana
California Grill
Teppan Edo
Flying Fish
50s Prime Time Cafe
Brown Derby
Rose and Crown
Whispering Canyon
1900 Park Fare
Citricos
Kona Cafe
Raglan Road

I'd also like to do the tea at the Grand Floridian and the Hoop De Doo Review since DH did it years ago and has wanted to go back.

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #14
Meg1884
Mouseketeer

We've past the 365 day mark!!!!

I didn't even realize it till this morning but I've got a new surge of excitement now that we've past the year mark. Now I'm on countdown till I can actually book the vacation package. I'm still not sure if I want to stay at a moderate or value (my family is leaning more towards a moderate and I'm leaning more towards a value).

Chuck's Birthday PTR

Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #15
chunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Wink Hi There!

Hi Meghan,

I like your start on early planning! I am actually planning 2 trips, one for me and DH this September, and one for my sister's 30th birthday in April 2011 which is going to be a family trip, like yours! Looking forward to seeing what you plan!

Our Sept. trip is coming along nicely but I have not done ANY planning for the April trip. It's hard when I have so many family members who want to go! My plan is rather than book everyone's package for them, which can get pretty insane, is to just let everyone know what I am planning to book, and everyone has the option to book the same package or do their own thing. So far, I think we're going to stay moderate, maybe POFQ or CBR.

We also definitely want to go to Universal for WWOHP!! My sister and I love HP so we definitely want to check it out. I am thinking 5 days at disney, and 2 days at Universal next April.

That is sweet you are planning this as a surprise for your DH. You both look really cute together!

As for ADRs, I have a lot of the same ADR choices that you have. Most of them I have not actually been to yet! I did go to Brown Derby for the Fantasmic package. The food was really good. Chefs de France was cute and very Parisienne. We also did Cinderella's Royal Table a few years ago and enjoyed it, although we are not too big on character dining anymore. I really loved tea at the GF too!

Su-Lynn
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: