Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
hhawkins
Earning My Ears

Raglan Road at DTD

The wife and I have one night on our trip when we will dine alone. The grandparents will watch the kiddos. We are considering heading to DTD and then to dinner at Raglan Road. Heard they have live entertainment in the eveing. Will it be happening in the mid-week, as we will be there about 8 p.m. on Wednesday. How is the food? Would this be a good choice for our one couple's night out?

We will be on the DDP, I am hoping they are on the DDP and 1 credit. Anyone know for sure.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
kvogel11202
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhawkins View Post
The wife and I have one night on our trip when we will dine alone. The grandparents will watch the kiddos. We are considering heading to DTD and then to dinner at Raglan Road. Heard they have live entertainment in the eveing. Will it be happening in the mid-week, as we will be there about 8 p.m. on Wednesday. How is the food? Would this be a good choice for our one couple's night out?

We will be on the DDP, I am hoping they are on the DDP and 1 credit. Anyone know for sure.
We love Raglan Road for Adults only dinner. I believe the entertainment is on Friday and Saturday nights- unless that's changed. Sorry- not sure about DDP.
06- Ft Wilderness Scout Trip
06 - YC Concierge 07- All Star Sports (1st/LAST value resort stay!) 07- Beach Club 07- Yacht Club DS 12th Birthday 08- Saratoga Springs DVC 08 - DS 9th Birthday trip POFQ 08 POFQ- 09 Ft Wilderness w/ CAP Cadets 09 Treehouse Villas 10 Treehouse Villa 10 AKV 10 OKW
kvogel11202 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

The band plays every night except Sunday.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
saradela
DIS Veteran

You have to try the Bread Pudding!!!OMG!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
megthewonderful
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road is a favorite of ours. The food is delicious and the live band is great!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhawkins View Post

Yes, they are on the dining plan.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

As an earlier poster said, the band plays (accompanied by a dancer) every night except Sunday.

This is absolutely one of my Dad's favorite places in all of WDW. We go there once per trip. The food is quite good, the restaurant itself is lovely and the entertainment is great. I often end up leaving him there enjoying the music for hours after dinner while I go shop at DTD!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
Corwin
Mouseketeer

We went back in 2007. I thought the food was great, and so was the entertainment. I'd love to go back again!
2012-Aug: WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Bay Lake Tower
2011-Aug: WDW Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream Bahamas cruise/Wilderness Lodge Villas/Wilderness Lodge
2010-Dec: WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas (Christmas/New Year's trip!)
2010-Feb: WDW Polynesian/Disney Wonder Bahamas cruise/Animal Kingdom Villas
2009-Aug: WDW Wilderness Lodge
2007-Aug: WDW Wilderness Lodge/Yacht Club (1994-Jan & 1991-July: WDW Off-Site)
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
larsnshan
Mouseketeer

As a previous poster said it is on the dining plan and it is only one credit.

My opinion of the restaurant is different than most. We were there in September and though the entertainment was great, we were not impressed with the food or service. The food was not "bad" just not as good as some other places and the server only did what was required and skipped things like refilling drinks or clearing empty dishes. Plus, if you are going on a night they have entertainment it is very difficult to have a conversation during performance time. If it was my night without my kiddos I would want someplace more quiet to eat and then afterwards go/do something more entertaining.

Just my 2 cents.
larsnshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
pixiemagic30
DIS Veteran

We were just there Wednesday evening with some friends and LOVED it! The food and atmosphere were wonderful. As previous posters have said, there is nightly music starting at 7pm. We did not find the music to be too loud, as we were able to carry out conversations easily. The bread pudding is to die for! I just wish I had thought of asking for the recipe before we left! It's that good! As for the wait-staff. Our waiter was great. he kept our drinks loaded, cleared the table promptly, exceptional evening.

Enjoy your night out!

Mickey Mom's Club Member
pixiemagic30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
Robbinsgirls3
My Prince Charming is in the Marines! Semper Fi!

Good food, hard to see dancer if crowded

We went as a last minute reservation popped up a few years ago. They had the step dancer performing, but she would dance one dance, retire for 5-6 songs, then dance another dance. We saw her dance twice the whole service. Then people started just coming in and standing around watching so we couldn't see anything after that even if she were dancing more. Great food, we enjoyed it, but I haven't attempted to rebook it since our one time there a few years ago. Things could have changed, but I'm not sure. It would be a good night out if you were wanting to not go into one of the parks for your dinner night. There's a lot going on in DTD to entertain, but if you wanted to go back into one of the parks Epcot has lots more intimate dining places, or maybe try the resorts dining options. Just touring the resorts after dinner is nice, especially the monorail ones, they have beach access you can walk down by and nice water views. Or you can take a boat ride over to Riverwalk/Port Orleans. There's other options if you are wanting something more than "pub crawl dinner".

DL 1999
DL 2001
DW 2007 POP
DW Sep 2009 Swan and Dolphin LOVED IT!
DW Nov 2009 AS Sports
DW JUNE 2010 POP
Robbinsgirls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Is the entertainment in the restaurant or is there a separate lounge area? I'd like to check this out and have a few drinks, but we don't plan on eating here.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #13
Corwin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamColt View Post
Is the entertainment in the restaurant or is there a separate lounge area? I'd like to check this out and have a few drinks, but we don't plan on eating here.
It's in the restaurant. There is a bar in there, too, though.
2012-Aug: WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Bay Lake Tower
2011-Aug: WDW Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream Bahamas cruise/Wilderness Lodge Villas/Wilderness Lodge
2010-Dec: WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas (Christmas/New Year's trip!)
2010-Feb: WDW Polynesian/Disney Wonder Bahamas cruise/Animal Kingdom Villas
2009-Aug: WDW Wilderness Lodge
2007-Aug: WDW Wilderness Lodge/Yacht Club (1994-Jan & 1991-July: WDW Off-Site)
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #14
SabbyR
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hijack your post

I was wondering if its an okay place to take kids. Our 7, 11, and 13 year olds will be with us but I wanted to go there because my fil will ove it ( I think, I hope!!) and like a previous poster I was hoping he would stay and enjoy the music while we shopped because I know he is not going to enjoy shopping!
SabbyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #15
pixiemagic30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbyR View Post
I was wondering if its an okay place to take kids. Our 7, 11, and 13 year olds will be with us but I wanted to go there because my fil will ove it ( I think, I hope!!) and like a previous poster I was hoping he would stay and enjoy the music while we shopped because I know he is not going to enjoy shopping!
I definitely think it's a place where your kids will enjoy! When we were there, we saw a lot of families hanging out.

Mickey Mom's Club Member
pixiemagic30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: