Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

I Promise, This Time I Won't Laugh If a Bird Poops on Your Head" - A Spring 2010 PTR

Ok................here I go breaking my promise by starting this puppy.

I've been working on our December Wish Trip Report since...................well, since December and PROMISED myself I would not move on to this PTR until it was done. But that TR is dragging on....................and on......................and on and this Spring trip is looming closer and closer. I figure if I don't start something soon it'll be too late to do any planning! And what fun would that be???? So there.......I've just justified breaking my promise. And I am "almost" done with that neverending TR. That's close enough right?

So a new trip? Already? I'm sure some are saying "Why?"

Well truth be told this Spring trip was agreed to before our Wish Trip was put in place. Back in the beginning of September to be exact. When my darling daughter started back at her dance studio for yet another year. We had switched to this studio the year before because her previous studio seemed like a bit of a 'warehouse'. We loved this new one. Smaller classes. Professional looking studio. Yearly performances of the Nutcracker. And....................trips to Disney every 2-3 yrs OK.............sign us up!!!!!! And as luck would have it, this year, 2010, just happens to be a Disney year

So that's why yet another trip oh so close to the last...................the Darling Daughter will be Dancing in Downtown Disney (and while that perhaps would've been a great title for this PTR..................I like mine better )

So let's outline a few specifics:

The Who:

ME : Pamela...................stay-at-home Mom to four kids ages 4-9 who worked for 15 yrs as a speech/language pathologist before trading it all in for some full-time fun and frolic with my family

DD: Olivia, turning 10 this coming Monday, the designated 'dancer'. Liv, like many little girls, took up dancing as a toddler but, unlike many who started out with her, continues to love it to this day. She is in fourth grade, is a talented pianist, artist and at present aspires to be a fashion designer, cake decorator or art teacher.

DGM: my mother (what is the accepted abbreviation for grandmother?). My mom is amazing. She's 81 years old but you'd never know it.........she's as healthy as a horse and looks more like 71! She mows the lawn, tends to her garden, goes out shopping almost every day, drives a little Miata and is quite the fashion plate! I am so excited to have her along with us this trip.

The What:

DD will be part of a group of approximately 50 girls. Fifty girls and another 200 of their family members For us it going to be 'just the girls' as we're leaving the boys at home................that means my dh, 3 ds's and DGF. Not quite sure how they are going to fare without us

The Where:

Our group will be staying at the All Star Music Resort

The When:

Arriving Thursday night 4/29 and leaving Tuesday evening 5/4/10

The Why:

To do some dancing in Disney of course! The girls will be participating in workshops with the Disney dancers on Saturday and performing on the waterfront stage in DTD on Sunday. The rest of the time we are on our own

So there's the scoop!!! I'll have to add some pictures next time!!!

Oh and the title? I'll have to explain that after the pictures........................I promise it'll be a good one

I hope to have some company. Talkin' to yourself can get old pretty quick

Last edited by pacrosby; 03-05-2010 at 08:41 PM.
pacrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

All alone still huh? Oh well. Being a stay-at-home mother of four children I've gotten quite used to talking while no one is listening

I know I promised a few pictures first (including one of my Mom from 1935 all decked out in her tap dancing regalia ). But I decided that perhaps I should first explain away this bizarre title of mine. No, no, no................I did not just make that up in attempt to gain some attention. There is actually a little story behind it. Here's the scoop:

Once upon a time I was a 28 year old single woman in search of an adventure. I had grown up and had always lived in the Boston area.................it was time to break out of my comfort zone (ok, truth be told I was running away after one of those infamous "relationships gone bad" but don't tell anyone.................it's a secret). I was going to MOVE. The decision was made one morning and, lo and behold, two weeks later I had a brand new job, a brand new apartment, and a date for the moving truck to come and gather up my life. Done deal! Destination? Vero Beach, Florida!

Of course Mom was devastated but what could she do I was much too old for her to send to my room. She had to let me go. In full support, she offered to drive down with me and stay a couple of weeks to help me get settled. What a gal

Fortunately the 'settling in' was accomplished quickly. The furniture was arranged, the window treatments hung, the accessories set out, and the refrigerator stocked. But I didn't have to begin work for another week. And Mom's scheduled flight for home was several days away. What to do? Well, go to Disney of course

So that's how 28 year old me, and 61 year old Mom, ended up in Disney back in August of 1990. Our first time!!!!!

We rode many of the rides. We saw many of the shows. Mom preferred the tamer attractions, never being much for speed or heights. Mom + thrill rides = well, nothing good. It was always my Dad that would go on the Scrambler with me and my brother at the annual 4th of July Lion's Club Carnival. Still, at Disney, she stood in line at Space Mountain until we were just about to board. Then? She chickened out and decided to meet me at the exit. I did manage to talk her into a spin on Thunder Mountain later on that day but the result was less than stellar. She was green and queasy for at least 30 minutes thereafter

At one point the two of us were just leisurely strolling along, enjoying one another's company when, suddenly, she shrieked!!!!! I turned towards her, startled What happened? Are you ok?

And then.....................

I saw..........................

OMG...........................

On her head, on her face, on her glasses, dripping into her eye..............

BIRD POOP!

A bird had pooped on her head!!!!!

And it must've been a mighty big bird because that was some mighty big poop

So what did I do? What would you do? You probably would've run to your mother's assistance now wouldn't you have? Me?

I laughed!

I laughed, and laughed and laughed and laughed! I doubled over in hysterics! I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants! Even now, thinking of it, I still laugh

Mom? Well there she stood. Eyes wide in astonishment. Dripping with bird poop. And then...............she began to laugh too.

I don't think the two of us have ever laughed that hard in our lives. And to this day we still dissolve into fits of laughter when we recount the story.

So Mom.

I'm so glad you will be coming to Disney with me and Olivia this Spring.

And this time, I promise, I won't laugh if a bird poops on your head!

Last edited by pacrosby; 03-05-2010 at 08:34 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Pamela,
You had me at "BIRD POOP"!

Subbing in!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Hey Beth!!!! I have a friend!

I've been slow on the pick-up here as we are a house full of sickies!!! The dasterdly GI bug that seems to be going around everywhere has invaded my house. First my youngest, then Matty, then Liv developed something else (headache, sore throat etc.), then Nick with the GI bug, then ME (lost almost 10 pounds!!!), then Liv got it, then Matty got it again................

It's not very pretty over here I tell ya So far my dh and the dog are the only hold-outs!

Anyway thanks for jumping on board
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing, but only if you promise to keep working on that dreaded TR! I need your reviews before I leave!!! C'mon, six weeks! You can do it!
yinyanggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

I'm here - thanks for the link!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
jenb1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

i'm here! Looks like we're going around the same time. we'll be there 4/26-5/3. Can't wait to hear more!!

*keala*
jenniferkeala808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Finally found it! I looked before but couldnt find it so now here I am
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm in (going back to actually read now so I can comment)

hmmm...maybe we'll run into each other at the airport on the 29th! I'm driving my mom there

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 03-09-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Tnkrbelle565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up now!

Sounds like a fun trip! How do the boys feel about staying home?

What kind of dance does Liv take? Jordan (my DD) took ballet and tap for a year at age 3 and then a summer of ballet at age 5. She started Irish Dancing in Sept. and loves it! I think she may have found the type of dance for her finally.

I love the story about your mom and the title of the PTR!

Looking forward to reading your plans! (But I am still waiting for you to finish your TR )

Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
I'm subbing, but only if you promise to keep working on that dreaded TR! I need your reviews before I leave!!! C'mon, six weeks! You can do it!
oooooooooooo, you're a tough customer!!! Six weeks? I had just better be able to do that! Although there may be another delay because I only have dial-up for the next week and I don't think I have the patience to wait the time it'll take to upload the photos for the next installment LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
i'm here! Looks like we're going around the same time. we'll be there 4/26-5/3. Can't wait to hear more!!

*keala*
Hi Keala..................welcome! Where will you be staying? That'll be quite a flight for you all the way from Hawaii. Dh and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaittoseemickey View Post
Finally found it! I looked before but couldnt find it so now here I am
I knew I could count on you guys not to leave me lonely forever Thanx for taking the time to find me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I'm in (going back to actually read now so I can comment)

hmmm...maybe we'll run into each other at the airport on the 29th! I'm driving my mom there
We have a late flight on that Thursday, around 7:30. Can't keep dd out of school for yet another day now can I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
I'm caught up now!

Sounds like a fun trip! How do the boys feel about staying home?

What kind of dance does Liv take? Jordan (my DD) took ballet and tap for a year at age 3 and then a summer of ballet at age 5. She started Irish Dancing in Sept. and loves it! I think she may have found the type of dance for her finally.

I love the story about your mom and the title of the PTR!

Looking forward to reading your plans! (But I am still waiting for you to finish your TR )
The boys are actually taking it in stride. Of course our continuing talk of an "Anniversary" trip in December might help.

Liv takes ballet/tap and jazz. I love those Irish Step dancing costumes (although I hear they cost a pretty penny). We have a studio in our town that teaches it and I would've loved to get Liv involved but, well, there's only so many hours in a week.

thanx for jumping on board! And don't worry...............I won't abandon the gingerbread boy!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
pnutallergymom
Mouseketeer

I'm here too Pamela!!!!

This TR isn't going to include stuffies is it??? If it is, I'm O.U.T!!! Kidding!!!

Shannon (mom) Bryan (dad)
Brenna (8) Jake (7) Sean(6) Brigitte (3) Wish Child
Brigitte's PTR Make a Wish Trip
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2357435
www.carepages.com
CarePage Name: TheChristmasMiracle
pnutallergymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #13
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutallergymom View Post
I'm here too Pamela!!!!

This TR isn't going to include stuffies is it??? If it is, I'm O.U.T!!! Kidding!!!
Only if they know how to dance
Old 03-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #14
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
Liv takes ballet/tap and jazz. I love those Irish Step dancing costumes (although I hear they cost a pretty penny). We have a studio in our town that teaches it and I would've loved to get Liv involved but, well, there's only so many hours in a week.

thanx for jumping on board! And don't worry...............I won't abandon the gingerbread boy!
We found a studio locally that is cheap and they make most of their costumes so that is a big help with the expense of Irish dancing. I hear you about only so many hours in the week.

Glad to hear the gingerbread boy isn't being abandoned!

Old 03-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I found your pre-trip report and I am on board now! I think it is great that just girls are going. My friends and I are thinking of doing a moms only trip this Sept. if free dining is offered. Moms need a break now and then, right? Anyway your trip sounds like a lot of fun and I think the memories that you and your mom will create with your daughter will last forever!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
kdzbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: