Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Duckiedee
Mouseketeer

CRT Breakfast or Lunch?

Not worrying about the food available, but more about the experience. Is there much of a difference between breakfast, lunch and dinner.

It seems most people talk about the breakfast meal. I'd like to treat my daughter to the BBBoutique before the meal so was wondering if lunch was just as nice or are there more characters at breakfast?

Is lunch just as hard to book? How about dinner? Is it easier to book online? Would all the reservations be booked if I wait for the phones to open.

This meal is one of the things she is most looking forward to (she'll be five) and I have to say, watching her delight is the thing I'm most looking forward to.

Thanks in advance.
Duckiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
mirokey
Earning My Ears

I love breakfast before the park opens, walking down Main Street with an empty street is my favorite part. I usually save it for the end of our trip!
mirokey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2010, 02:06 AM   #3
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I've done both several times. They are basically the same experience, but we prefer the menu at lunchtime. Since the food is not your main concern, I would recommend that you book a time that works with your day's schedule. The princesses are there at both meals -- I'm pretty sure it's the same number no matter the meal. Who comes to the restaurant changes daily, so you can't get a firm list. Cinderella is in the lobby, so you get to meet her and take a photo or two before you are even seated at CRT.

Hope this helps!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

We are doing lunch on the 17th (thought it would be fun for DD to meet the princesses after her BBB appointment so she can be just as princess like). CRT has to be booked by phone.

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

We prefer breakfast just to be able to get into the park earlier. Character interaction has pretty much been the same for us for all three meals.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
Duckiedee
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Lunch it is - provided I can get a ADR!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
Duckiedee
Mouseketeer

Are Lunch ADRs just a stiff for competition?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
eelkmj01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
We are doing lunch on the 17th (thought it would be fun for DD to meet the princesses after her BBB appointment so she can be just as princess like). CRT has to be booked by phone.
I booked my ADR for CRT online and tied my reservation # to the ADR so I didn't have my CC charged. I personally found it easier to get a time for lunch than either breakfast or dinner.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
djp0630
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelkmj01 View Post
I booked my ADR for CRT online and tied my reservation # to the ADR so I didn't have my CC charged. I personally found it easier to get a time for lunch than either breakfast or dinner.
I booked CRT online as well for both Sept & May. Online is DEFINITELY the way to go. It opens at 6am EST as opposed to 7AM EST for the phones. It is so easy. No waiting, just get online at 6AM. Both times I booked about 10 restaurants in 10-15 minutes. Just have your reservation # handy and be ready by 6AM. If you tie in your reservation and you have the dining plan, you don't have to pay anything for CRT, you give a credit card, but they don't charge it.

DS - 5 years old
Twins - DD & DS - 3 years old

Many trips growing up (CBR, Poly, PFQ)
Contemporary - August 2003
BLT- September 2009

BCV - May 2010
BCV - August 2012
djp0630 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: