Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #61
NOMNOMNOMS
Mouseketeer

Stumbled across your PJ and I love everything you have so far...I am obsessed with pockets and adore your dress and shoes. I'll be starting my welcome bags and such soon...Thank you for the inspiration...can't wait to hear more!
NOMNOMNOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #62
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for following along! Will hopefully be making an update this weekend!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #63
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm just joining in. I luv all your plans. Your dress and shoes are really cute. And I love the newsletter and gift bag ideas very creative. Makes me wish I had a mac. Maybe one day.
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #64
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I saw this poem and thought of you since you are using the dandelion as a logo for your wedding.

To the Dandelion

Dear common flower, that grow'st beside the way,
Fringing the dusty road with harmless gold,
First pledge of blithesome May,
Which children pluck, and, full of pride, uphold,
High-hearted buccaneers, o'erjoyed that they
An Eldorado in the grass have found,
Which not the rich earth's ample round
May match in wealth, thou art more dear to me
Than all the prouder summer-blooms may be.

Gold such as thine ne'er drew the Spanish prow
Through the primeval hush of Indian seas,
Nor wrinkled the lean brow
Of age, to rob the lover's heart of ease;
'Tis the Spring's largess, which she scatters now
To rich and poor alike, with lavish hand,
Though most hearts never understand
To take it at God's value, but pass by
The offered wealth with unrewarded eye.

Thou art my tropics and mine Italy;
To look at thee unlocks a warmer clime;
The eyes thou givest me
Are in the heart, and heed not space or time:
Not in mid June the golden-cuirassed bee
Feels a more summer-like warm ravishment
In the white lily's breezy tent,
His fragrant Sybaris, than I, when first
From the dark green thy yellow circles burst.

Then think I of deep shadows on the grass,
Of meadows where in sun the cattle graze,
Where, as the breezes pass,
The gleaming rushes lean a thousand ways,
Of leaves that slumber in a cloudy mass,
Or whiten in the wind, of waters blue
That from the distance sparkle through
Some woodland gap, and of a sky above,
Where one white cloud like a stray lamb doth move.

My childhood's earliest thoughts are linked with thee;
The sight of thee calls back the robin's song,
Who, from the dark old tree
Beside the door, sang clearly all day long,
And I, secure in childish piety,
Listened as if I heard an angel sing
With news from heaven, which he could bring
Fresh every day to my untainted ears
When birds and flowers and I were happy peers.

How like a prodigal doth nature seem,
When thou, for all thy gold, so common art!
Thou teachest me to deem
More sacredly of every human heart,
Since each reflects in joy its scanty gleam
Of heaven, and could some wondrous secret show,
Did we but pay the love we owe,
And with a child's undoubting wisdom look
On all these living pages of God's book.

James Russell Lowell [1819-1891]

If you get a chance...check out my blog. I put some of your pics on there:
http://paperperfectiononline.blogspo...blog-post.html

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 09-16-2010 at 08:30 AM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #65
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Welcome Bags

Here are the bags I got (in pink and green):

For the bear necessities bags:

Have to work on putting those together

Little felt notebooks I got for a great deal at the Christmas Tree shop:

Misc. ribbons for luggage tags and bag tags:

Ceremony Programs I am going to print:

Tags for the wish tree (purchase on etsy):

Branches I have for the wish tree:

Hope to incorporate these into the ceremony and reception (will find out pricing in our PS):

I don't know if I ever posted my ring..so I will in the next post!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
Old 09-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #66
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Wedding Jewelry

Here are my jewels! (headband with feathers, necklace and bracelet)

A better photo of my engagement ring:

A similar engagement ring setting with my wedding band (they added small diamonds in each circle detail):

Rick's band is ceramic

Up next activity packs for the kids for the reception!

Last edited by erin.w; 09-25-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #67
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Hi Erin I love all your planning. Will keep following on!
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #68
erin.w
DIS Veteran

We made it to Disney's Memories webpage (I think everyone gets their photo posted):

http://memories.disneyparks.disney.g.../#/detail/4187
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #69
bambi0921
Livin' La Vida Disney

I just discovered your PJ and I'm loving everything so far! You're so crafty! I love the orange and pink combo and your little welcome bags are so cute! I can't wait to see/hear more!
bambi0921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #70
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Update to come shortly! We just arrived home from our Planning Session trip!

Some highlights:
1. I have a new planning "fairy god-sister" who thanks to her, we were prepared for our PS.
2. Meeting our planner, and the floral designer
3. Our food tasting
4. Booking a special room to hold our welcome dinner
5. Enjoying the F&W fest
6. And bumping into the infamous Lurkyloo!!!

Photos and details to follow!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #71
mjshorses
Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that? Man in Black: Oh no, it's just that they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future. --The Princess Bride

Hi! I'm just joining in! I love the colors you picked for your wedding and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes!!!!!!

I wish I was talented do to some DIY projects. I love all the things you've created! I can't wait to read more!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #72
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Luggage Tags and Kid's Reception Folders

I've been soo busy and haven't had time to update so here are a few photos of some things I have been working on.

These are the luggage tags that will be sent to the guests once they make their reservations.
Front:

Back:

I've tried every possible way to laminate them and nothing has met my ideal so they will not be laminated. I ran the layers through my sticker maker and they are held on with permanent adhesive and that's the best I can do! They are more a novelty, as they don't have personal info on them.

Here are the folders for the kids for the reception to keep them busy!
Thanks to Dolly, my cricut machine and my sticker maker.

These are the coloring pages for the inside (they were free with my coke reward points):

Each folder will have one of these pouches to contain the crayons/markers:

The little kids will also get these in their folders:

For the older kids:

And for the little little kids between 6 months and 15 months they will get a set of three little disney board books. What does everyone think?
Old 11-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #73
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Planning Session Trip

Alright here goes...here are a few photos to start our PS trip.

Our itinerary for the trip included:
Arriving Sunday. We were both so excited for this trip!

We headed over to the YC to get photos of our ceremony site as our room was not ready (which was understandable it was only 9:30am). To our surprise there was a ceremony just about to start!

We decided to park ourselves (we'll I decided we should watch) on the bench as far as we could but close enough to "see" what was going on. The bride thanked us for attending her wedding and I told her she looked beautiful. Don't know if she was a disbride or not but it was 10/10/10
While sitting there a lady walking by was like that looks like a nice spot for a wedding. I said "were getting married there next April." It was pretty funny!

It was so helpful to see her ceremony as now we know where the guests and Rick will walk out from as well as my sister and I.

After her ceremony ended we decided to walk to our NEW reception spot of the Croquet Lawn. I wanted to see how long it would take to walk there!
Rick took on the job of the timer and it took 5 mins. walking at a leisurely pace.

We have arrived!

We just wandered around the BW to waste some time and there was an event happening at Jellyrolls!

This concludes our 10/10/10 wedding stalkings.

We then headed back to AKL to check in - and were met with the research department asking if we wanted to participate in a survey. Which we agreed as we would be making a whopping $25 disney gift card. Little did we know how much time it would entail and we haven't finished it as of yet - although I am thinking it's too late to complete now! We had to keep track of all spending, locations we visited on site and off site, hot many fastpasses we used, how many shops we walked through and many more details!)
Here was our diary:

My best friend from HS arrived late Sunday night with her BF - Rick was just getting over a cold and tired (we had gotten up around 4am that morning for our 6:30am flight) but I was running on excitement to see my friend and met her and Dan at the MK for EMH. We stayed until closing at 2:00am. More to come....
Old 11-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #74
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great for the recent posts. I especially love the Minnie and Mickey silhouettes on your luggage tags.

If you tried regular lamination on the luggage tags and didn't like it...go to Walmart and get the clear adhesive shelf paper. (it is also called "peel and stick laminate" and you can find it with the shelf paper...it is a duck brand product, or at least the one I use is. You will get a large roll that you can use on tons of things and it is around $5) Half of the projects that I make, I laminate with an inexpesive laminating machine from Walmart, but when I want to laminate something and not have an 1/8 inch edge of lamination hanging off the project (or if I need to be able to bend the paper and/or wrap it around something, I use the shelf paper. You can add the shelf paper to the front and back of your tags and trim along the edge of the tag. It won't be as thick as regular lamination but it will keep the tags from being ruined if it rains and they will last a little longer.

This is also a GREAT product for covering hershey bar wrappers and water bottle labels! Your guests will think they were professionally made.

Hope that helps!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 11-06-2010 at 07:48 AM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #75
NOMNOMNOMS
Mouseketeer

Erin! I love love LOVE all of the new DIY stuff! Absolutely amazing....Do you mind if I barrow some of your ideas ?...I was also thinking of doing DIY luggage tags since my 1st idea will not work. I was originally thinking of doing a custom type iron on but discovered that they do not work well with the types of bags we got for our welcome bags (they are a nylon type of matierial).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: