Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #31
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Ahh! I Can't believe I didn't remember how much I loved pockets while I was dress shopping!! Thank god for bouquets, or I'd have no idea what I'd be doing with my hands all day!

My favourite headband is number 2, however I think with the dress and a birdcage veil maybe number 3 would look best

Plus I like the shoes with the ankle strap,

It's so much easier to decide on the details of someone else's wedding! Why can't it be this easy when I'm looking at my stuff!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #32
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
It's so much easier to decide on the details of someone else's wedding! Why can't it be this easy when I'm looking at my stuff!
I have the same problem! Thanks for all the input - I think I'm leaning towards headband #3 and the shoes with the straps - in fact I returned the others. The shop I bought the headbands from does not allow returns - so the others will eventually end up on ebay!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #33
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Bag Tags

Since my purchase of a cricut machine I have been trying to think of projects I can use it for!

I am going to make tags that look something like a combination of these - maybe for the welcome bags.

2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 AM   #34
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

They are lovely!!
I guess they won't be too difficult to make with a cricut!!
Argh I really want one of those machines!!! Trouble is just when I really could do with one, ie during the VR planning, I just can't justify the expense!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #35
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love the bag tags, you should definitely make them! Congratulations on getting a cricut - they are amazing! I have used mine for a ton of wedding projects so I am sure that you will be able to find things to make.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #36
angel81uk
Mouseketeer

Those tags are adorable! I keep looking into buying a craftrobo, I'm sure there must be something wedding related I can use it for!
14 Nights with Mum YC & OKW Oct 2012

angel81uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:23 AM   #37
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin.w View Post
Since my purchase of a cricut machine I have been trying to think of projects I can use it for!

I am going to make tags that look something like a combination of these - maybe for the welcome bags.

Love the tags! very cute!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #38
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the comments - I'm going to use more of our wedding colors for them, but they should come out nicely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
They are lovely!!
I guess they won't be too difficult to make with a cricut!!
Argh I really want one of those machines!!! Trouble is just when I really could do with one, ie during the VR planning, I just can't justify the expense!!!
I ended up buying one new on ebay for $78.00. The lady was going to charge me around $50 for the tags, so I figure that money goes towards paying for the machine!

Paper and ribbon purchased, just waiting on the machine!

Next project: custom stickers for the welcome folders
Old 07-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #39
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is the dress I ended up purchasing!! It's very much me and it has pockets!

I bought it in two sizes as I plan on losing 10 lbs and hope to fit into the smaller size as the larger size needs to be taken in at my current weight.

A shot of the boutique:

My question to you:

Which pair of shoes do you like better (that is if I don't purchase the ones from J. Crew)? It's hard to tell from the bad lighting but they really are pink, not red as they appear!

Up next - a hair piece (lol that sounded like a wig, not the headband I intended).
Quote:
I've decided that I'm going to have short hair for the wedding, as I'm not into up-do's so much.

That being said - I've been on the search for head pieces. These are the three I found and hope to use one of them.

Which do you think goes best with the dress?

#1:

#2:

#3:

I hope to use a birdcage veil with the headband for the ceremony.

Whew! That's all for tonight, look forward to your comments!

My vote is for the second shoe. The first since it is a shiny patent leather material, looks a little more every day not wedding...the second seems fancier for a wedding.

I also vote for the 2 or 3 headband. I have the same problem with the first headband that I had with the first shoe...it isn't formal enough for a wedding. I like the band width and material on the 2nd band...the third band is too narrow and has that shine that makes it not so elegant, but I like both of the crystal flowers on 2 and 3.

Your dress has simple elegant lines and the headband and shoe can really add some drama.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #40
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
My vote is for the second shoe. The first since it is a shiny patent leather material, looks a little more every day not wedding...the second seems fancier for a wedding.

I also vote for the 2 or 3 headband. I have the same problem with the first headband that I had with the first shoe...it isn't formal enough for a wedding. I like the band width and material on the 2nd band...the third band is too narrow and has that shine that makes it not so elegant, but I like both of the crystal flowers on 2 and 3.

Your dress has simple elegant lines and the headband and shoe can really add some drama.
I agree with you, I returned the 1st shoe and I think I have found a shoe that I like better than the second one. Let's see if this link works - http://www.endless.com/Poetic-Licenc...ressRedirect=1

The ones in pink/orange. Just waiting to see if they go on sale at all or if I can find them locally.

I think the headband may have to change based on the shoes, I probably should have waited to buy the headbands, oh well!

Thanks for your opinions though, feel free to add them at any time!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #41
erin.w
DIS Veteran

I also like these: http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Licence...=pd_sbs_shoe_2

I like that they are flat as I don't usually wear heels, just wish they came in the pink and orange.

What do you think?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #42
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Or these:

Not sure what I think of them, yet. (in pink)

http://www.amazon.com/Butter-Womens-...pd_sbs_shoe_34
Old 08-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #43
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Welcome Folders

Thanks to Dolly and my new Cricut machine - I made the welcome folders.

Started off by printing the design on cardstock, then cutting it out on the cricut (one at a time), it took a lot of practice to get it centered and cut properly.

Next was to feed the paper through my handy dandy new sticker machine (which I loove).

They ended up looking like this: (I made 18 out of the 25 I will need)

Peel the stickers off the sheet and placed them on the poly folders.

What do you think?

I also printed coloring sheets for the kids for the reception on cardstock. (I got the images from my coke rewards, it was a Disney coloring download - cost me nothing!) I'll take photos of them tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #44
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

I love the folders, they turned out great! The sticker machine looks really cool. I got a cricut too for wedding crafts and it has been so worth it.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #45
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I wish you girls would stop going on about how wonderful the Cricut machines are!!!! It makes me want one and I really cannot justify it at the moment. The cheapest one I found on Ebay in the UK was about £250.00 ($375.00) and I can't afford it.
I love what you have done with the welcome folders.
Dolly seems to be helping many brides on here. She is a generous and very talented DISigner!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: