Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
MeanestMomEver
Oh Boy!

CRT & Fireworks

We've got a 9:45 dinner ressie at CRT (It's OK my kids are teens and we are all night owls when on vacation). We've never eaten there before so, despite the poor food reviews, we are interested in checking it out first-hand.

However, how will the 10 pm fireworks (on 3/19) impact this? Can you even see them from inside the castle? Can one request a window table?

Will the fireworks crowd make it difficult to get to the entrance? I can't even remember WHERE the entrance to CRT is! LOL

And, finally, has anyone ever eaten there that actually liked the food? LOL

1975 DL, Grandma's House in Van Nuys
1985 WDW sorta-honeymoon, off site
1991 WDW offsite
2003 Contemporary
2008 Shades of Green
2010 Yacht Club
2014 Contemporary (March)
2014 Coronado Springs (June)
2014 Port Orleans French Quarter (September)
MeanestMomEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanestMomEver View Post
We've got a 9:45 dinner ressie at CRT (It's OK my kids are teens and we are all night owls when on vacation). We've never eaten there before so, despite the poor food reviews, we are interested in checking it out first-hand.

However, how will the 10 pm fireworks (on 3/19) impact this? Can you even see them from inside the castle? Can one request a window table?

Will the fireworks crowd make it difficult to get to the entrance? I can't even remember WHERE the entrance to CRT is! LOL

And, finally, has anyone ever eaten there that actually liked the food? LOL
We had a 9:40 dinner at CRT on Thanksgiving night. They had a traditional turkey day dinner that was pretty good. We weren't seated at a window table but we did see some of the fireworks, that was nice. I would advise being in Fantasy Land long before people start gathering for the fireworks. We were unfortunately close to the front of the park when we decided to head that way. It was wall to wall with people staking their fireworks spot Had to do lots of weaving in and out, stepping over & around people, lol. The entrance is at the back of the castle but you can go thru the castle 'tunnel' to get there.
willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

most of the fireworks are fired behind fantasyland, the side of which CRT has a large stained glass window on, overlooking Fantasyland. the fireworks will be visible to some extent, although it most certainly won't be the most traditional view. they also dim the lights and pipe in the Wishes music during the performance.

i have photos somewhere but my photo site isn't loading and i need to board my plane

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: