Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #436
Dis13
Mouseketeer

Sorry

Aug 2011 - AKV
Dec 2009 - AKV/OKW, Oct 2008 - OKW, Dec 2007 - OKW, May 2007 - BCV, Oct 2006 - OKW, May 2006 - BWV & OKW, Dec 2005 - Polynesian, Dec 2003 - Polynesian, Dec 2001 - Dixie Landings
Dis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #437
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

CAREY!! I finally made it over here!! <---Doesn't count as chatter!!

First Name: Jess(ica)

Sex: Girl

Hair/Eye Color: Dark brown

Body Type: Could totally be a model (um, for those 19th century paintings with the, uh, fleshier ladies)

Ethnicity: Half Samoan (probably why I LOVE the Poly!!), half Native

Do you have any kids: For all intents and purposes...more on that later.

Do you have any pets: Aside from the above child? Nope.

Favorite activities: Music, playing at the park, cleaning, organizing, taking pictures, DISNEY TRIPS!!!!!

Favorite movie: Mermaids

Favorite color(s): Aqua and pink

Favorite Disney character(s): Snow White!!

A little bit about yourself: I am a dork that breaks out into dance fairly often and sings at the top of my lungs. I'm helping to raise my five year old cousin, and he thinks those are some pretty fab qualities of mine. I am super easy going, although I seem totally high maintenance. I work hard to get what I want no matter how long it takes. I'm a graduate of the University of Oklahoma, and I'm still now sure what I want to be when I grow up. WDW is our happy place, and we try to get there as often as possible!!!

A little bit about your ideal match: Obviously has to love hitting the parks at least once a year (um...or more...way more!!). Loves kids, unpretentious, a little dorky, happy, independent, self-sufficient, will get tattoos with me, not easily embarassed, adores sarcasm and won't care if I'm taller (I'm 5'10).

I'm the tallest one in the green dress in my signature, but here's a shot from a recent night out with my friends...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #438
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmom0923 View Post
Carey,

I honestly don't think a few words to another diser are ruining this thread. Yes...you introduce yourself and then a couple of words are said but to be as controlling as you are trying to be can ruin a thread. The chatter as you call it still has not ruined this thread at all...people keep posting their information and then they get a few warm welcomes!

I realize this is counter-productive as it's just more chatter, but I have to seriously disagree. She is not being controlling -- she very clearly laid out at the beginning of the thread -- the one *she* created -- that this was for profiles only. Period. And yet people just keep ignoring that. And then the thread gets all clogged up with "Hi, how are you"s and welcomes and other stuff that while nice, just don't belong here.

There are other threads for it, FULL of page after page of chatter from people with obviously waaaaayyy more free time on their hands than I have. But for those of us who don't have a lot of time to spend here, it's really nice to have one thread of just profiles, and then we can take it from there.

Please, feel free to start your own thread if you don't like the way this one was intended. And I know that I should practice what I preach and just PM this, but I want Carey to know that some of us appreciate what she set up here and don't want to see it disintegrate into yet another chit-chat thread.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #439
TortugaDave
Mouseketeer

First Name: Dave

Sex:male

Hair/Eye Color:brown Hazel

Body Type: Athletic

Ethnicity:Whitey

Do you have any kids: 1 boy

Do you have any pets:none

Favorite activities: Hiking, eating out, ice skating, going to the beach

Favorite movie: Animal house, Pirates of the Caribbean (Curse of the Black Pearl)

Favorite color(s): Navy blue
Favorite Disney character(s):Capt Hook

A little bit about yourself: This is always tough. I am petty active, and enjoy being outdoors. I have a high stress job, up am careful not to bring it home with me. I am flirty and romantic with a twisting sense of humor.

A little bit about your ideal match:I am looking for someone, who shares the love of Disney and is a geek like me. Someone who wants to enjoy life and is athletic like me.

04 Contemporary, 05 Wilderness Lodge and off property ,06 Wilderness Lodge and AS Sports
09(Feb) AS Sports

DL :91 Disney hotel, 05 off property, 06 off property and 07 Disney hotel

Last edited by TortugaDave; 09-04-2010 at 07:36 PM.
TortugaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #440
MattGilsdorf
Earning My Ears

well here goes...

First Name: Matt (duh)

Sex: yes please ! (ok crude i know sorry, male)

Hair/Eye Color: long and brown, eyes also brown

Body Type: more to love! (about 235 lbs)

Ethnicity: white

Occupation: Wearhouse Associate (arggg shoot me) I do shipping/receiving, delivery driver, forklift operator, pipe shop worker, and what ever else they tell me to do...

Do you have any kids: no (thanks god! maybe one day, but today isnt the day lol)

Do you have any pets: 1 cat, Im totaly a cat person, love cats, not big on dogs...

Favorite activities: playing poker! also playing music, I'm a singer (*clears throat* if you wanna call it that) and a songwriter, I play guitar drums and the harmonica. my musical style is more of a folky southern rock with some mild country flavor added in, but I also love alot of rock music and have played everything from hardcore metal to acoustic church music. most resently I've been pulling double duty fronting a southern and classic rock cover band (playing guitar and doing most of the vocals) and playing drums in a punk/ska/pop-punk band.

Favorite movie: I'd have to go with rounders (its the poker player in me what can I say) as my fav non disney movie, my fav disney movie would be Pirates of the Caribbean!

Favorite color(s): Black mostly, though I've started to branch out to other colors...

Favorite Disney character(s): Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan (yowzzas) Gizmo Duck (goin old school on that one!) and who remembers the gummy bears?

A little bit about yourself: well as I said I enjoy poker and music. I love to read, love to watch movies, and I'm a huge talker (as if you couldnt tell lol) I love nothing more then a good conversation over a cup of coffee or a cold beer! also, I should add (since there wasnt a place for it) I'm a smoker...
As far as my looks go, I'm 6'2 235 with long kinda curly brown hair (at this point usally in a ponytail but not always) with a jack sparrow styled mustache and goatee (minus the whole braid he had in his) I would describe my personal style as equal parts beach bum/hippie/rocker/cowboy/pirate/and biker (though I dont actually ride a motorcyle, I want one though!)

A little bit about your ideal match: Well if I could actually find someone that really gets my heart goin and it work out she would have to live here in the Mobile AL area (long distance just doesnt work, though I'd give it a shot, who knows if I did meet someone here our first date in person could be at Disney World!) age wise anywhere from about 20-35 would be fine, though I would prefere if she didnt have kids, I'm not ready to be a father just yet, and I think its going to take me every bit of that 9 months before I could wrap my mind around the concept lol. I would want someone that enjoys disney as much as me (obviously or I wouldnt be posting here) someone who likes alot of the same music as me (Skynyrd, Allman brothers, ZZ Top, Johnny Cash, Zac Brown Band, Jimmy Buffett, Donovan Frankenreiter, Jack Johnson) and likes to talk a lot too! As far as looks go, I dont have a type persay (I'v dated blonds brunettes redheads, tall short skinny curvy,) she just has to have a look to her that catches my eye. I cant tell you what it is about a girl that makes me go wild, cause each girl has looked totaly different, she just has that something special about her lookwise that just grabs hold of me and wont let go. Obviously looks are important, and I like pretty girls (what guy doesnt) but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so dont count yourself out! But beyond the looks, she has to have personality. I love a girl with alot of little corks to her, especially in how she speaks (I fall in love with those little isms that people use that are all there own.) must be intelligent but doesnt have to be a brainiac (lord knows I'm not). I wont say must have a career or atleast knows what she wants out of life, cause honestly I'm 25 and I still dont have a clue as to what I wanna do when I grow up lol....

anyway thats long winded enough for now. If your interested pm me and we can exchange pics and get to know each other!

Last edited by MattGilsdorf; 09-05-2010 at 02:11 AM.
MattGilsdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #441
IhavePDD
Earning My Ears

Might as well join in as well

First Name: Marie

Sex: F

Hair/Eye Color:Brown/hazel

Body Type: curvy/thick

Occupation: Accounting and Administration for a manufacturing company

Do you have any kids: no

Do you have any pets: 1 usually rather bossy cat

Favorite activities: Reading, movies, music, needlework, a minor sudoku puzzle addiction and planning vacations to WDW

Favorite movie: Beauty and the Beast, Star Wars, The Mambo Kings

Favorite color(s): Purple

Favorite Disney character(s): Tigger, Belle and the big cheese himself

A little bit about yourself: love to read(murder mysteries mostly), eclectic taste in music, anything from classical to classic rock, big huge SRV fan. I am so not great at writing these. Anything you want to know, just ask.

A little bit about your ideal match: well mannered, has a job and loves Disney...the rest is negotible
IhavePDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #442
diznut66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhavePDD View Post
First Name: Marie

Hair/Eye Color:Brown/hazel

Body Type: curvy/thick

Occupation: Accounting and Administration for a manufacturing company

Do you have any pets: 1 usually rather bossy cat

Favorite activities: Reading, movies, music, needlework, a minor sudoku puzzle addiction and planning vacations to WDW

Favorite movie: Beauty and the Beast, Star Wars, The Mambo Kings

Favorite color(s): Purple

Favorite Disney character(s): Tigger, Belle and the big cheese himself

A little bit about yourself: love to read(murder mysteries mostly), eclectic taste in music, anything from classical to classic rock, big huge SRV fan. I am so not great at writing these. Anything you want to know, just ask.

A little bit about your ideal match: well mannered, has a job and loves Disney...the rest is negotible
Being an ex-Pittsburgher and Steeler fan.....I liked your answers until I saw Cleveland burbs....LOL
diznut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #443
Disney Dad Canada
Passing on my Disney obsession to my 3 kids, and anyone else that will listen

First Name: Paul

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada 50 weeks, DVC at WDW 2 weeks

Sex: M

Hair/Eye Color: Blue

Body Type: Few extra pounds (for now, Weight Watchers member)

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Do you have any kids: DS (10), tein DD (7)

Do you have any pets: Chihuahua(14), Cat(1 1/2)

Favorite activities: Video Gaming, Podcast listening, sports watching, WDW, DVC, DCL, AKL, BLT, ADRs and and other Disney acronyms

Favorite movie: Bladerunner, Monty Python, Princess Bride, John Hughes movies

Favorite color(s): Blue

Favorite Disney character(s): Figment, Beaker, R2MK

A little bit about yourself: Widowed single dad of three great kids. To us, life is what happens in between Disney trips. I'm a very go with the flow kind of guy (you have to be with three kids). Looking for someone to share my Disney obsession with. Email only friends welcome

A little bit about your ideal match: Must have the curiosity of a child, the humour of a comedian, and the patience of a saint.
Disney Dad Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #444
tellemarie
Mousejunkie!

Might as well try!

First Name: Shantelle

Sex: Girl!

Hair/Eye Color: Black/it changes? Normally hazel

Body Type: a little more than average, but working on it

Occupation: currently working in insurance, but I've done a bit of everything...including merchantainment on MSE

Do you have any kids: nope

Do you have any pets: not right now, although I love them all!

Favorite activities: reading, traveling, watching great shows and movies.

Favorite movie: I can find a reason to love almost any movie (aka cop-out answer)

Favorite color(s): red, blue, and green

Favorite Disney character(s): minnie, snow white, prince phillip, mickey (duh!), eeyore

A little bit about yourself: I am a very busy girl! I work full time as well as going to school full time to get my bachelors in History and moving on to get my masters in Historical Preservation. I used to work at WDW in MK on MSE and LOVED it. Miss it terribly as well, so I'm considering an attempt at going back someday. Like when I don't have to worry about a car payment . I'm generally a very optimistic person and really try to see the best in things. Sometimes this annoys my friends, but I just smile through it!

A little bit about your ideal match: He would have to be a best friend and partner. As well as a disney fanatic. Also being funny, sweet, and able to go slow sometimes and take everything in (although I walk pretty fast) would be very helpful.

Great to see everyone here!

Recent trips:
August 2009 - Old Key West @ WDW; January 2011 - POP @ WDW; November 2011 - Offsite @ WDW; February 2012 - POFQ/AKL Jambo; October 2012 - POR. January 2013 - AKL Jambo.
DVC Member since 2012 @ SS & VGF

tellemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #445
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

everybody!

Feel free to join us in the Single's Social Club thread. We don't bite... I promise!

(well.. unless you ask nicely... then maybe we might.)
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #446
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dad Canada View Post
Thank God, I was afraid I was being a thread killer on a singles meeting singles thread. Great way to start a weekend.
Welcome, just join us for chat in the Singles Social Club thread. . .we talke aLOT there. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #447
LJSRDH
i heart bean bunny

Sex: Female

Hair/Eye Color: Dark brown/hazel

Body Type: average

Do you have any pets: 2 cats -- Murphy and Seamus

Favorite activities: Cooking and baking, sightseeing and traveling, gourmet food, walking and yoga for exercise, and reading.

Favorite movie: The Sound of Music

Favorite color(s): Green, grey and of course, black (I do live in NYC!)

Favorite Disney character(s): Jiminy Cricket, all of the Muppets (Bean Bunny!), Eeyore, Tinkerbell.

A little bit about yourself: I am an uncomplicated person that finds delight everyday occurrences. I have many interests and am constantly striving to learn new and different things.

A little bit about your ideal match: A man with solid values and a good heart. Someone who is fun and loves to laugh! The Disney thing is obvious, right?
Old 09-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #448
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I think I may have posted in here before but can't find that posting so here it is again...

First Name: Christy

Hair/Eye Color: Brown/Brown

Body Type: Few extra pounds but working on it

Do you have any kids: No but hope to one day

Do you have any pets: No

Favorite activities: Travel, reading, theater (going to not acting in),

Favorite movie: This is hard to answer...Sound of Music, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre

Favorite color(s): Green, blue

Favorite Disney character(s): Alice, Mary Poppins

A little bit about yourself: Easy going, quiet, love to laugh; basically a big kid especially when it comes to Disney. I like to walk / run but those activities have taken a backseat to work the last year or so. I'm an amateur photographer who is on the "beginning to learn" side of the scale. I love spending time with my nieces and nephews (there are many).

A little bit about your ideal match: Would love to meet someone who likes to have fun, laugh, travel, and has the same appreciation of Disney. Would love for that person to also be ok with just hanging out on the sofa watching a good movie / reading a good book at times.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #449
pschnebs
Fountain of Useless Disney Info

OK, Here We Go...

Before I get started, thanks to the DIS Unplugged Podcast Team for mentioning this thread - I didn't realize it was here!

First Name: Paul

Sex: That's a little personal, innit? Oh, THAT kind of sex! Male.

Hair/Eye Color: Black hair, brown eyes.

Body Type: Chubby, but working on becoming un-chubby

Ethnicity: Mutt - German/Minnesotan/Hispanic

Do you have any kids: Nope

Do you have any pets: Two parakeets, but I'd love to have a dog

Favorite activities: Visits to Disneyland (naturally), reading (non-fiction mostly), writing, walking, going to libraries and museums, singing/karaoke, listening to music.

Favorite movie: Casablanca, Mary Poppins

Favorite color(s): Blue, purple

Favorite Disney character(s): Donald, Figment, and Mickey

A little bit about yourself: The words my friends most use to describe me are "bright" and "sweet". I'm a bit on the shy side with people at first, but once I get comfortable around someone, I love being part of an interesting conversation and sharing things that I've learned. I'm more of a listener than a talker, but you can count on my to come up with a funny and smart response when the conversation calls for it. I love to read -I'm never without a book or a magazine and I never pass up a good bookstore or library. I love just about all kinds of music - my iPod's got a little of about just about everyt kind of music. I'd be happy to open a door for you or pull out your chair - not becuase I think you're a member of the "weaker sex", but because it's the right thing to do. For me, there are few things better than holding the hand of someone special or giving that special person an impromptu hug or a quick kiss. (Well, so much for "a little about yourself"...)

A little bit about your ideal match: I'm looking for a sweet, smart lady with a great smile, a wonderful laugh, and many interests. She'd have to be a Disney fan, naturally, but I'd also like to find someone who's well-read enough and interested enough in the world that we can spend lots of time talking about lots of things. (A person with moderate or liberal views would be a plus - I'd like to have conversations about current events, not political scream-fests.) She'd have a passion for learning and for exploring the world (and not just Walt Disney World), for trying new things, and for teaching me and others about the things she's learned. It'd be great if she could dance and would want to help me learn how, or at least be willing to learn with me. Agreat sense of humor with an ability to laugh and make others laugh would be a plus. I tend to be very affectionate and a "touchy feely" sort of person, so I'd hope she would be, too. Age, ethnicity, and body type aren't that big a deal, although someone around my age (say around 35-45) and my height (about 5'6") would be better. That's about it - I guess that's about enough, isn't it?

Okay, let me try to post a picture. Drum roll, please...

Last edited by pschnebs; 09-11-2010 at 07:38 PM.
pschnebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #450
SusanWasHere
I'm on the left
Jimmy Kimmel wears a thong (just sayin')

I think I'm on here somewhere as well - but can't find it!

First Name: Susan

Hair/Eye Color: hazel

Body Type: short, athletic, have a butt LOL

Do you have any pets: kitties!

Favorite activities: being outdoors, hiking, skiing, using my DVC points, going to WDW

Favorite movie: Grease, Willie Wonka

Favorite color(s): Cobalt blue

Favorite Disney character(s): Sorcerer Mickey, Eeyore

A little bit about yourself: Don't like to drink. Loathe smokers. Very easy going, no drama. Like to do the simple things in life. I'm a ponytail kind of girl - laid back, honest, kind, and expect to be treated as I treat others.

A little bit about your ideal match: honest, kind, ethical, loves Disney, and isn't overly obsessed with sports or the internet!

'93-POFQ, '96-Offsite, '00-Caribe Royale, '05-Paradise Orlando, '06-BCV, '07-BCV, '07-CSR, '08-Pop, '08-Pop, '09-AKV, '09-BCV,'09 - BWV, '10-POFQ, '10-ASMu/Sp,'10-VWL/BCV,'10-VWL,'11-Grand Californian, '11-ASMo, '11-VWL/BCV, '11-ASSp, '11-OKW, '11-Pop, '12-ASMu, '12-ASMo, '12-BWV, '13-Pop/SSR, '13-VWL/BCV
SusanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: