Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #271
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Now that sounds like a cool job, Lisa!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #272
nstem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonGirl View Post
It's nice to see people chatting on this thread.

Are any of you close to WDW? If so, would you be interested in participating in the singles/solos party I am attempting to schedule on Sunday, December 5th?
Wish I had seen this sooner. I already committed to an Illuminations party on the 4th and a breakfast on the 5th. Can't totally break the bank. Sorry, would have been nice.
nstem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #273
BlueIrish
Mouseketeer

So once I figure out how to post pictures later ill get a few up.

First Name: Val

Sex: F

Hair/Eye Color: Brown/blue

Body Type: athletic

Ethnicity: White

Do you have any kids: No

Do you have any pets: No

Favorite activities: traveling, working out, baseball, cooking, beaches

Favorite movie: kill bill, jurassic park

Favorite color(s): green and blue

Favorite Disney character(s): stitich

A little bit about yourself: grew up in Chicago, working here now but plan to relocate for a new law enforcement job hopefully west coast but east coast works as well

A little bit about your ideal match: cute, active, likes to travel, humor is a must
BlueIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #274
MizlurksaLot
Sing it with me: "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me! I guess I'll go eat worms!"
Someone do something interesting!
I see your true colors shining through

I am a lurker, and apparently its been a year since I logged on so I hope you all dont mind me joining this thread

First Name: Julianna

Sex: Female

Hair/Eye Color: changes with my moods but I feel most like myself when its red/hazel

Body Type: curvy, full figured, pooh sized - you choose the terminology

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Do you have any kids: Not yet, but I hope to someday

Do you have any pets: 1 cat Mary Mack, hoping to get a dog soon.

Favorite activities: wii fit, belly dancing, reading, hanging out with friends, just being outdoors walking or sitting; feeding ducks, watching baseball, especially in person Im new to the baseball fan club, I fell in love with the sport a little over a year ago pretty much by accident Im hoping to make it to at least one Phillies game this year, but for now the LV Ironpigs games will do.

Favorite movie(s): This could potentially take up several posts I love movies, but Ill narrow it down to a few: Oceans 11 (both the newer version and the original), Some Kind of Wonderful, The Breakfast Club, Rocky, The Lost Boys, Guys and Dolls . . .

Favorite color(s): I love color in general, the only real exception being yellow. Current top three would be: deep purple, deep red, and kelly green.

Favorite Disney character(s): Mulan, Eeyore, Donald, Belle, Chesire cat,

A little bit about yourself: I wear all of my emotions on my sleeve. I do not try, or wish to hide my feelings and I have a lot of them. I like to describe myself as passionate. When I am happy; I am ecstatic, but the good comes with the bad and often when I am sad I am hysterical the good news is that I calm down pretty quickly, as long as no one tells me to calm down ;-). I have a very dry and sarcastic sense of humor the little things in life make me laugh. I fell in love with Disney World the first time I visited at 21, and vowed to work there someday. I did just that a few years later on the CP, sadly that was the last time I visited I would like to get back soon, hopefully in September. Right now I have a job that Im not terribly fond of, but Im happy to have it; Im working on starting a career that I love. My goal is to open an animal shelter that is very involved in the community as a whole.

A little bit about your ideal match: He needs to patient, and by that I dont mean that he needs to be able to put up with me, but that hes willing to take the time to get to know me, and to hopefully be my friend first. Unfortunately I do have some trust issues, which Im working on but it is what it is. One of the reasons that I like the movie Rocky is that I very much identify with Adrian. Not to the same extreme, but it has been a problem in the past Im hoping that someone exists who thinks Im worth it enough to give me a little push before I get scared and run away (cause I do that :-/) or before he gets bored and runs away. Beyond patients my only real requirements are that he is employed, or at least seeking employment, and that hes not involved with drugs in anyway (or seriously involved with any other people, but I hope thats a given  ) dont think thats too much to ask :-D, it would be nice if he could make me laugh too. He does need to love animals; I am currently studying animal shelter management. I would prefer that he be taller than me, somewhere between the ages of 28 and 36, lives at least within driving distance, and that he does not currently have any children.
FSFB Narcoossee's GF Feb - May

The Magical Tag Fairy Thread!
Can you get tagged too?
MizlurksaLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #275
OregonGirl
I'm almost always either on-location, in the sound stage or in the editing suite.

Welcome to all the new peoples!!!

NStem, and anyone else who will be at WDW during the month of December - the Christmas 2010 thread in this same "Adults & Solo Travelers" has a number of folks who plan to travel to Florida sometime during that month (complete with a calendar showing this created by yours truly), and it would be fun to schedule a number of informal meets. It doesn't look like anything spendy or fancy is in the works anymore, so don't let costs deter you!

Head over to that thread and speak up if you're interested!

------------------------------------------------

OregonGirl (29) [[ Mom (57) Dad (58) ]]

Oregon Family of 3 - Nov 1-11, 2007 Boardwalk Inn (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl - Our August 2008 Disneyland visit - Marriot Residence Inn Maingate (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3 January 24-31, 2009 Boardwalk Inn concierge (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3, December 6-12th 2009, Boardwalk Inn concierge o (Mouseplanet TR with pre-trip info)

NEXT DISNEY TRIP - DECEMBER 2nd - 11th 2010 - Boardwalk Inn club level
OregonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 AM   #276
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_89 View Post
Im a everton fan .. my dad has forced me to since birth
B Fantastic it's always good to meet fellow blues. Im hoping next season is going to be a good one and hopefully Donovan will sign perminatly as well, a bit of wishfully tinking there.

Just reading your profile and ur like me, i always feel i was born in the wrong country it always feels like being at home when i go to Orlando.
mrtoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #277
DFD
You know that feeling you get when youre standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I dont have it.
I take it plain

Hopefully everybody had a wonderful weekend... ouir was ful of BBQ, wine and new friends!

And lets continue on wioth the search!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #278
Natalie_89
Here's looking at you , kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoffee View Post
B Fantastic it's always good to meet fellow blues. Im hoping next season is going to be a good one and hopefully Donovan will sign perminatly as well, a bit of wishfully tinking there.

Just reading your profile and ur like me, i always feel i was born in the wrong country it always feels like being at home when i go to Orlando.
i will one day live in florida .. good things come to those who wait

my dad got my boy a little everton kit which is cute but he also has a spurs kits and a brighton kit haha poor confused child. 2 grandads and a dad forcing football on him although he is a good little player already i have high hopes for him .. i wont be a WAG ill be a MAG (Mums and girlfriends) lol
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #279
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_89 View Post
i will one day live in florida .. good things come to those who wait

my dad got my boy a little everton kit which is cute but he also has a spurs kits and a brighton kit haha poor confused child. 2 grandads and a dad forcing football on him although he is a good little player already i have high hopes for him .. i wont be a WAG ill be a MAG (Mums and girlfriends) lol
Well atleast theres not a loverpool kit in that lot if your son make the big time (with everton of course) he can buy you your pad in Florida
Old 07-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #280
Natalie_89
Here's looking at you , kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoffee View Post
Well atleast theres not a loverpool kit in that lot if your son make the big time (with everton of course) he can buy you your pad in Florida
thats my plan haha
Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #281
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

FYI:

There's a "Jerzee Meet" next weekend....it' a thread under the DIS Unplugged section....
Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #282
Beauties n the Beast
Mouseketeer

thought I'd give it a shot too!

First Name: Peggie

Hair/Eye Color: Brown/Green

Body Type: Average-ish?

Do you have any kids: Yes, 2 daughters

Do you have any pets: No

Favorite activities: Disney, of course...on my off-Disney time, I like reading, TV/movies, spending time with my kids.

Favorite movie: Disney? Aladdin & Beauty & the Beast, Oh, and Lion King....who am I kidding - I have TONS of favorites!

Favorite color(s): Pink (I'm a girl what can I say?)

Favorite Disney character(s): Stitch, Belle, Goofy

A little bit about yourself: I'm pretty quiet, at least at first. I'm 'thisclose' to getting my AA degree finally, and will be working towards my bachelors. Going to Disney with my girls in December as a graduation celebration, and a break between semesters!

A little bit about your ideal match: Someone who is honest, can treat me with respect, fun-loving, likes kids and understands my busy schedule!
Beauties n the Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #283
Disneygurl82
Earning My Ears

First Name: Michelle (and no I didn't go to band camp)

Body Type: Slim

Do you have any kids: No, but hopefully one day so I can bring them to Disney

Do you have any pets: A cat (Billy)

Favorite activities: Swimming, going to the beach, camping, dancing, hanging out with friends, skiing, reading.

Favorite movie: Oh god, how can I pick just one...probably the Notebook. I know, I'm a sap.

Favorite color(s): Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Ariel

A little bit about yourself: Well I'm newly single. I just got out of a 9 year relationship and I'm ready to start meeting some new people. I discovered my love for Disney when my ex and I went on a trip last year. Hopefully I'll find someone to go with me this year as I would love to go again. I'm really silly and fun. At least, I think I am.

A little bit about your ideal match: A guy....with good teeth. I'm not shallow, I just have a thing about teeth. Other than that my standards aren't that high. Preferably employed and not a crazy person. I tend to like nerdy boys, as I'm kind of a nerd too. Oh and he has to like Disney of course.
Disneygurl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #284
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygurl82 View Post
First Name: Michelle (and no I didn't go to band camp)

Body Type: Slim

Do you have any kids: No, but hopefully one day so I can bring them to Disney

Do you have any pets: A cat (Billy)

Favorite activities: Swimming, going to the beach, camping, dancing, hanging out with friends, skiing, reading.

Favorite movie: Oh god, how can I pick just one...probably the Notebook. I know, I'm a sap.

Favorite color(s): Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Ariel

A little bit about yourself: Well I'm newly single. I just got out of a 9 year relationship and I'm ready to start meeting some new people. I discovered my love for Disney when my ex and I went on a trip last year. Hopefully I'll find someone to go with me this year as I would love to go again. I'm really silly and fun. At least, I think I am.

A little bit about your ideal match: A guy....with good teeth. I'm not shallow, I just have a thing about teeth. Other than that my standards aren't that high. Preferably employed and not a crazy person. I tend to like nerdy boys, as I'm kind of a nerd too. Oh and he has to like Disney of course.
Hello and welcome to the site
Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #285
KC78
Mouseketeer

First Name: Kristi

Sex:Female

Hair/Eye Color:Auburn/Blue

Body Type:BBW aka "Pooh Sized"

Ethnicity: American

Do you have any kids:2 beautiful girls

Do you have any pets:I have a Cavalier who is my little baby boy and a hamster who is my lil buddy!!!.

Favorite activities: Disney vacation planning (of course!!!), boardgames, movies, spending time with family and friends, baking, long drives with no destination in mind, zoo, amusement parks, apple picking, the Drive-in...this list could go on and on...

Favorite movie:Don't have just one Fav...but high on the list is The Princess Bride

Favorite color(s):Purple, Midnight Blue and Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Flynn

A little bit about yourself: I'm a happily single Mom who loves life. I live it one day at a time and try to enjoy every moment I'm given. I'm silly and love to laugh and love making others laugh. I can be corny and sarcastic (but not mean or hurtful). I'm caring, generous, honest, a bit of a procrastinator, easily distracted, and love unconditionally. I'm nonjudgmental and very open minded. I'm not perfect and I don't try to be. I'm a polished (makeup and styled hair) T-shirt and jeans kinda gal. High heels, designer purses and manicured nails are not me. I'd much rather save that money for a trip to Disney!!!

A little bit about your ideal match: I just want to be with someone who is open minded, happy, honest, respectful, loves kids and isn't looking for perfection. A man who knows that a relationship requires hard work and compromise to be successful. I'm just looking for a GENUINE "Nice Guy".
September 2009-MNSSHP-BWV and AKV-Kidani
November 2010-DD's 6th B'day-OKW
Oct/Nov 2012 HALLOWEEN and DD's 8th B'day-AoA-LM and CSR
December 2013-Christmas-SSR

Last edited by KC78; 06-30-2013 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Needed updating!
KC78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: