Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #76
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

I am passionate about the resorts we will be trying out. For our upcoming trip, it will be the Treehouses and AKV Jambo House.

Returning to my favorite Restaurants.

Wishes Fireworks (It will be Holiday Wishes this year).

My favorite attractions.

The Icons in each park especially the castle. I can't wait to see it all lit up for Christmas!

DTD shopping and eating.

Visiting my other fave resorts (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Epcot resort area).

Disney Transportation. I love the boats and Monorail.

The most important thing is how my children are just completely overcome with joy and happiness. That is what keeps me coming back more than anything else. It's the magic.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #77
StacieDreaminODisney
Mouseketeer

I love how the whole idea and feeling of Disney consumes me while I'm there! I'm always holding back tears when it's time to leave. I'm probably most excited when entering Disney's Hollywood Studios. The morning race to get fastpasses at Toy Story Mania makes me laugh (no running, please!). I could ride the Great Movie ride over and over and over and....well, you get the point. I love that for a week, or however long the trip is, I get to be as childish as I want to be, and instead of pretending not to know me, my husband joins in the fun.
(And just sitting here typing this, minutes after I've booked our 3rd trip, I've made myself cry thinking about how exciting it all is!)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #78
snarkyredhead
So much school bread, so little time

I wish I could explain why Disney World affects me as much as it does. How do you explain it to someone? It's sort of like trying to explain to someone why you love a certain person. Disney is not only my literal happy place, but it's the happy place in my head. If I have trouble going to sleep, I mentally take myself down Main St. at MK, head left, and see if I can name every attraction in every land as I walk through the whole park. If I need to relax, I think of the breeze blowing through the palm trees at Epcot while I slowly stroll along. That being said, here are my biggies - I could probably come up with 100 more.

1. Arriving at the Beach Club to check in. The Boardwalk area is my very favorite place to be on property. I think it's really Disney's 5th park.

2. Seeing the castle as it first comes into view. You know that weird puff of air that jumps right from your heart out your mouth, preventing you from even making a sound? It's rare.

3. First walking into Epcot and hearing the music. There's something about the spacious landscape of Epcot that is relaxing and mysterious - there are no flashy promises of thrill rides - everything is hidden in buildings for you to explore.

4. Getting a reservation at Le Cellier. Granted, this is sort of a pre-trip thrill, but when you pull it off, you feel like you've cracked some deep Da Vinci Code.

5. Chocolate-dipped Mickey gingerbread cookies. Random and very personal, I realize, but there's little that can beat that spicey, soft, cakey, chocolatey goodness. It's a taste of holidays and home and kindly grandmas. I look for them everywhere (the cookies, not the grandmas).

6. The World of Disney store at DTD. There's a certain excitement that comes with the promise of that much merchandise in one place. It's a feeling of being in "the place to be."

7. The Mexico pavillion at Epcot. I don't necessarily confess to being a die-hard fan of Mexican-themed items, food, or places otherwise, but I could live in that pavillion - it's like immediately walking into a romantic nighttime getaway with the stands full of curious trinkets, the music, and the beautiful volcano landscape. It's wonderfully relaxing and thrilling at the same time.

8. Ghirardelli at DTD. Granted, I can get ice cream at home at various decent establishments, but what is it about this place? It's the only all-ice cream place I can think of at Disney, and it just beckons. My husband and I never miss it, regardless of how long or short a trip it may be. The Strike it Rich sundae is to be worshipped.

9. Pirates of the Caribbean. I think this sort of falls into the same category as the Mexico pavillion at Epcot. There's something about the smell of the water, the darkness, and the scenes with the fire that makes it sort of exotic and subterranean, but it still makes me feel like a kid. I look so forward to this when I plan a trip.

10. "Moments." This is a little more intangible. It's reserved for things that I don't even know about yet, and other things I wasn't expecting. It's about the waiter at Tony's Town Square sprinkling mickey-shaped confetti on our table (I scooped it up and kept it - I've had it since 1998). It's about the rose they gave me at the end of a meal at Victoria and Albert's. It's about my father and I being given special fastpasses while in the pre-show of Test Track as part of the Year of a Million Dreams. It's about the first time I saw the Photo Pass photos after the trip my husband and I took in 2007 and seeing the characters Disney inserted into our pictures. I could go on forever.

Anyway, when I close my eyes and try to bring that "Disney feeling" into my day, these are the things I think of.
snarkyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #79
LadyLuc361
DIS Veteran

Spectromagic! I'm going to miss it

I've never seen Electrical Parade though so hopefully I'll like it. Spectro makes me cry everytime.

Me DH DD (Disney Dog)
LadyLuc361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #80
DonaldTDuck
DIS Veteran

I took a buddy who'd never been to Disney in December, and when I asked him what he liked best, he said that he liked getting to do so many different things in so many places in such a short time for so little money. I think athat's close. It's not like a roller coaster park or a kiddie park, there are so many different things, from TGMR to LMC, from Soarin to Gran Fiesta Tour, from Astro Orbiter to TTA that are so different from each other, but are all related. Of course, TSMM rules.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: