Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #106
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Yay for Mickey Mail!!

I remember something about ginger candy helping seasickness... I think you can get some at the health food store...

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #107
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

My SIL swears by Bach's rescue remedy drops for travel/motion sickness. They're herbal so you should be able to take them with other remedies.
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #108
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Can't help w/ the sea-sickness stuff either...but sounds like you'll have lots of things to ward it off...

do you hate birds? I can't remember...did I tell you to waer the grape necklace around

this is what i envision...but hey if it keeps you heads-up that whatever works my friend.

I'd just do the oldnavy shipping if it doesn't fit you can return it to the store minus the shipping...but is pretty hassle free...I order from them all the time

like the maps too.

J~
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #109
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry, I can't help you with the sea sickness remedies...

We got the same maps this year - I've gotten the other ones twice so I thought I'd switch it up this year. Not sure which I like better.

Even if you have a UG, the membership isn't free anymore... I guess you get a discount, but not free. So even with the book, I had to wait for 30 days. My days are all posted as of today. The weekend we are there, and the weekend before, the Fridays & Saturdays are all 4s! The weekdays are all 6s except for one 8 - which happens to be our non-park day. Maybe the trend of Saturday 4s will continue for you!

Your weather should be here by tomorrow! We are expecting a beautiful weekend as well - 80 degrees on Saturday! 73 for Easter. Thank Goodness!!

Enjoy the beautiful weather!!
I saw that the UG had changed some things on the website. It used to be that you could get limited touring plans for free...now you have to be a member to get ANYTHING. I didn't realize owning the book no longer got you free membership...that kinda stinks!

I really hope the 4's on Saturdays continues! That would be great!

Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I thought about you last night. An Old Navy ad came on television and, guess what! They have the cardigans on sale this week! You may just get the cardigan you are looking for.

As far as sea sickness goes, I can't help you out much there. My mother's cousin gets extreme car sickness and the doctor told her to go to the local health food store and tell them she needed something for car sickness. They have her some kind of cherry extract something or other. I wonder if that would help sea sickness?
I saw that ad too...I may try to run to the store one more time before I order online. It just seemed like they didn't have a great selection at the store when I was there before..maybe some new ones came in.

I've never heard of cherry extract for seasickness....I may have to check that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Sorry no help with sea sickness remedies here either. Although, I do occasionally have car sickness and motion sickness...I've never tried any of the remedies before.

The last couple years I have gotten the Unofficial Guide too and was able to check out crowd calendars. This trip I decided to try another travel book instead. I guess it doesn't matter now...if you have to wait 30 days anyway. Just checked our crowd levels again yesterday and they went up. Probably because of MK being closed to capacity yesterday.

I agree about the maps!! We ordered the character ones last trip and I thought they were cute but I liked the original ones better! (those are what I ordered this year.)

YAY! We're supposed to have great weather here this weekend too!! Can't wait!! It's cloudy and chilly here today....I'm ready for some warm weather!
I heard about MK being closed due to capacity this week....YIKES!!

It's going to be a gorgeous weekend here....in the 70s and 80s! NICE!! We're traveling to PA to visit my family for Easter as always. Have a wonderful weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Yay for Mickey Mail!!

I remember something about ginger candy helping seasickness... I think you can get some at the health food store...

Kathy
I've heard that too....even Ginger altoids! I'll have to add them to my bag of tricks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
My SIL swears by Bach's rescue remedy drops for travel/motion sickness. They're herbal so you should be able to take them with other remedies.
Hi there! I've never heard of Bach's...I'll have to go do a little research. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Can't help w/ the sea-sickness stuff either...but sounds like you'll have lots of things to ward it off...

do you hate birds? I can't remember...did I tell you to waer the grape necklace around

this is what i envision...but hey if it keeps you heads-up that whatever works my friend.

I'd just do the oldnavy shipping if it doesn't fit you can return it to the store minus the shipping...but is pretty hassle free...I order from them all the time

like the maps too.

J~
Oh yes...I do hate birds and I remember talking about the grape necklace! LOL!

I think I am going to run to the Old Navy store once more before ordering online. It looks like they are having a sale on cardigans so maybe the store selection is better now. If not....I'll be back to oldnavy.com!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #110
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I'd be surprised if you have issues with seasickness on a cruise ship.

Hope you find your sweater!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #111
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I'd be surprised if you have issues with seasickness on a cruise ship.

Hope you find your sweater!
That's what I'm counting on! That seems to be the attitude of most people who have cruised, but I am going to be prepared just in case.

I hope you had a fantastic birthday!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #112
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hey! Missy
can't help with the seasickness thing but I have heard an apple a day helps -- don't know how true that is. A girl I used to work with said it worked for her
have you checked on line to see if there are any coupon codes for Oldnavy to beat the shipping?!? I usually just google the store and coupons...

Have a great weekend! and Easter!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #113
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hey! Missy
can't help with the seasickness thing but I have heard an apple a day helps -- don't know how true that is. A girl I used to work with said it worked for her
have you checked on line to see if there are any coupon codes for Oldnavy to beat the shipping?!? I usually just google the store and coupons...

Have a great weekend! and Easter!
I tried looking for coupons, but no luck so far. The only way they do free shipping is if you use your Old Navy card...I don't have one and I won't get one because that could really get me in trouble!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #114
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

April Fool's Day Fun

I just wanted to post a few pictures of our April Fool's Day celebrations! Several years ago I started doing a food prank for the kids on April Fool's Day. Now they look forward to it and start asking me first thing in the morning if I have something planned. This year I made "sushi" as an appetizer for our dinner! It turned out cute and the boys had a great time!

We are headed to PA today to celebrate Easter with my family. I hope you all have a Blessed Easter!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #115
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

What fun Missy! its funny I was just telling leamom2princesses about the fruit rollup sushi two days ago for her Mulan disney night! but I could not find the article to send to her...
Have a Blessed and fun Easter to you and your family!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #116
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Love the sushi, Missy! Looks like the boys did too!

I always found sucking on red hots (the little cinnamon imperials things) worked really well at keeping nausea away when I was pregnant - maybe it would help with motion sickness too! We have used the patch and the bracelet things on the cruises we have been on (a LONG time ago...I need to go on another cruise.... I was a teenager when we went on one that was 7 days and I was like 24 when I went on a 2 day cruise to nowhere that left out of our local port here in VA).

Happy Easter, Missy! Have a wonderful weekend with your family!

Sara
mom2mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #117
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Love the sushi!! I remember reading about your April Fools Day food last year & tried to make a mental note... oops! I forgot!

We have the same presidents' placemat!

Peppermint Altoids help settle my tummy if it's a little upset.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #119
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah! I remember your April Fool's celebration pictures from last year! Very cool.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #120
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

What a great idea Missy!! I'll have to remember that for next year! I'm sure the boys will get such a kick out of it!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: