Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #46
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Your condo looks great!! I wish Bonnet Creek was part of our timeshare group... Your blankets came out great too - I'm glad you got in on the program before it ended.

I love your to-do list. I will be posting my list tomorrow. I have it broken down by week for each of the next six weeks. I got the idea from Julie & it really helps keep everything manageable.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #47
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Your blankets turned out great!!! What a good idea using the pizza cutter!! I do not sew-- so no rotary cutter for me either. We just made a pattern out of card stock paper and put it on the fleece and then cut on the line.....your way sounds so much easier!

Yay! for trying Boma!! AKL is such a beautiful resort!! We didn't have nearly enough time to look around as I would have liked when we went in August! Hoping we get a chance to in the future!

How exciting to be able to stay at Bonnet Creek!! I've read such great reviews about it! We had thought about staying off-site last year and it was one of the places we had looked into. Ahhh...what a great father in law you have!!
I was really pleased with the blankets. Now I'm just holding my breath until I get my vouchers because I guess the GAD promotion is closed. I already got confirmation from Disney that we were signed up, but I won't rest easy until I have the vouchers!

I'm so glad we are trying Boma this trip. Aside from wanting to try the food, I have been dying to get inside AKL and take a look around! Someday when money is no object, I'm going to stay there in a Savannah view room!

Bonnet Creek is definitely not in our budget, but it's nice to have in-laws with a time share! We used their condo in Vegas in 2008 as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Your condo looks great!! I wish Bonnet Creek was part of our timeshare group... Your blankets came out great too - I'm glad you got in on the program before it ended.

I love your to-do list. I will be posting my list tomorrow. I have it broken down by week for each of the next six weeks. I got the idea from Julie & it really helps keep everything manageable.
Thanks! I don't think it's ever anything we could afford out of pocket so it's nice to be treated!

The week to week list sounds like a great idea. I feel like I have so much less to plan this trip without the kids along! My list seemed short...but like I said, I'm sure it will grow as the weeks go by. Or should I say DRAG by!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #48
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

Love the blankets!!

Can't wait to hear your review of Boma. We are eating here for the first time in June.!!!

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Planning fanatic mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #49
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I love tied-fleece blankets!! So easy to make and they are so warm and comfy. We fight over the Pats/Sox one I made in this house. Yours came out great!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #50
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
Love the blankets!!

Can't wait to hear your review of Boma. We are eating here for the first time in June.!!!
I'm so excited to eat at Boma! I'll be sure to share a review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I love tied-fleece blankets!! So easy to make and they are so warm and comfy. We fight over the Pats/Sox one I made in this house. Yours came out great!
We do too...my gram made each of my boys one and they snuggle with them all winter! In fact, Jonah helped out with making our GAD blankets a bit and he was wishing he had a new one for himself! It was fun to make even though I have no desire to sew...ever.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #51
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

MK Rewind and Must-Dos

Before I dive right in to my Magic Kingdom Must-Do list, I want to share with you some pictures of our past adventures in the MK.

First up...Our Honeymoon! We got married August 22, 1992.

Next up...Our first family trip in 2007.

And lastly, Spring of 2009.

After that little trip down memory lane....**sigh**...I'm so excited to go back!

With no kids on this little trip to WDW, our touring of the MK will be a bit different. There are definitely some things we will skip that would have been must-do's with the boys along. So here it is...the Must-Do list for our ONE DAY MAGIC KINGDOM EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

NOT-TO-BE-MISSED

*Mickey's PhilharMagic---in my opinion, the best 3D experience in WDW

*It's a Small World---come on, did you think I'd skip this one?

*Haunted Mansion

*Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

*Splash Mountain

*Jungle Cruise---you all know I'm sucker for the well-delivered cheesy joke!

*Pirates of the Caribbean

*Buzz Lightyear—I stink, but I LOVE this ride!

*Space Mountain---this was closed for refurb on our last trip.

*Carousel of Progress—a sentimental favorite

*Afternoon parade

*Wishes

ON-THE-BUBBLE ( these are things we'd like to do, but only if time allows)

*Hall of Presidents---Jeff and I have not seen this since our honeymoon in 1992

*Tomorrowland Transit Authority---also closed on our last trip

*Monster's Inc Laugh Floor

*Peter Pan's Flight—I know this is a DIS favorite, and I do like it...but the line is always CRAZY and it's not worth missing other things to stand in line to ride

*Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

*Snow White

*Cinderella's Carousel

*Spectromagic---I love this parade, but if we still have things we have not done, I'll skip it

NOT-THIS-TIME

*Stitch's Great Escape—without Isaiah to lobby for this one, I'll skip the chili dog burp, thank you!

*Tomorrowland Speedway

*ToonTown—Sorry Lisa!

*Enchanted Tiki Room---I hate this, but do it because the boys like it. Jeff will live!

*Tea Cups---always a no-thank-you for me, Jeff rides with the boys

*Country Bears

*Dumbo

*Winnie the Pooh

There you have it! Feedback anyone? Is it too ambitious to do in one day? Keep in mind that we will probably be at the park from Rope Drop to Wishes.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #52
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's too ambitious for being there all day without the kids.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #53
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Love all your MK pictures!!!

Since you are going to be there from rope drop to Wishes...I definitely think you should be able to get everything done on your must-do list (especially without any kids!!)

It sounds like a fun day!!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #54
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I don't think it's too ambitious for being there all day without the kids.
Oh good! We won't be stopping to wait in any character lines either so that should help. Unless of course we see Pinocchio...I'm not sure Jeff could walk away from that opportunity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Love all your MK pictures!!!

Since you are going to be there from rope drop to Wishes...I definitely think you should be able to get everything done on your must-do list (especially without any kids!!)

It sounds like a fun day!!
Writing about it makes me so excited! The project coordinator for Project Linus emailed me yesterday to let me know the blankets arrived. Now I wait on pins and needles for the vouchers from Disney!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #55
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

love the trip down memory lane!
I believe your day plans for MK are definately do-able...
my only ride that I love is Winnie the Pooh so it would have made my list..but, I do understand. I hope you make the Presidents; as we will be skipping that one this year; so, I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

thought I had commented about the blankets..GREAT JOB!
awesome news on the resort stay!

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 03-15-2010 at 11:02 PM.
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #56
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
love the trip down memory lane!
I believe your day plans for MK are definately do-able...
my only ride that I love is Winnie the Pooh so it would have made my list..but, I do understand. I hope you make the Presidents; as we will be skipping that one this year; so, I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

thought I had commented about the blankets..GREAT JOB!
awesome news on the resort stay!
Hi Connie! Thanks for the compliment on the blankets! Now I wait on pins and needles to get my voucher from Disney.......
Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #57
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I thought I had already responded to this update... I must have read it on my phone??

Great flashback pictures! I especially like the 1992 pictures.

I think your plan looks great. With just the two of you, you should be able to get a ton of stuff done - especially in the morning before it gets too crowded! Luckily you are missing the Grad Nights... the park closes at 7pm the two weekends (Friday & Saturday) before your visit. I'm hoping that works to our advantage the Saturday before by keeping people away.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #58
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I thought I had already responded to this update... I must have read it on my phone??

Great flashback pictures! I especially like the 1992 pictures.

I think your plan looks great. With just the two of you, you should be able to get a ton of stuff done - especially in the morning before it gets too crowded! Luckily you are missing the Grad Nights... the park closes at 7pm the two weekends (Friday & Saturday) before your visit. I'm hoping that works to our advantage the Saturday before by keeping people away.
Thanks Amy. I noticed we just missed Grad Nights as well....whew! I hope it works to your advantage. I think it definitely should affect the crowds during the day.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #59
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I sure thought that I had responded to your earlier posts but guess I didn't. You and Jeff did an excellent job on the blankets. We didn't get to participate in the Give A Day program as I couldn't find anything locally and didn't find out about the Linus blanket thing until it was too late.

I love the trip down memory lane pictures. You guys were so young. Not that you're old not but you know what I mean.

I think your MK plans are very doable. No need to insert the sorry next to Toontown. If it were just John and I and no kids, we'd probably skip it to.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #60
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I sure thought that I had responded to your earlier posts but guess I didn't. You and Jeff did an excellent job on the blankets. We didn't get to participate in the Give A Day program as I couldn't find anything locally and didn't find out about the Linus blanket thing until it was too late.

I love the trip down memory lane pictures. You guys were so young. Not that you're old not but you know what I mean.

I think your MK plans are very doable. No need to insert the sorry next to Toontown. If it were just John and I and no kids, we'd probably skip it to.
Hi Lisa! I think a lot of people didn't get to participate in GAD....I am really surprised that Disney didn't choose to extend it considering it only lasted 2 months.

LOL...I know you're not calling me old! We were young weren't we?? It seems like just yesterday and so long ago all at the same time!

I just had a friend return and she said a lot of Toontown is under construction...looks like it may not have been an option either way!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: