Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #886
joeysmommy
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to call and book the WOC picnic for Sat Oct 2! I'm assuming they won't be showing WOC during the week at the end of Sept.

We're going to the Oct 1 Mickey's Halloween party Friday night, Saturday WOC picnic and maybe Sunday the Halloween Tour.
I thought Saturday morning the tour would be too much since we'll be up late Friday night.

So excited!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #887
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysmommy View Post
I can't wait to call and book the WOC picnic for Sat Oct 2! I'm assuming they won't be showing WOC during the week at the end of Sept.

We're going to the Oct 1 Mickey's Halloween party Friday night, Saturday WOC picnic and maybe Sunday the Halloween Tour.
I thought Saturday morning the tour would be too much since we'll be up late Friday night.

So excited!
Wow! You're going to have an action-packed weekend! That'll be so much fun!

I wonder what the WoC schedule will be in the Fall. I'm very curious. I know they (Disney) don't want people to lose interest in it or forget about it, so they will probably run it as often as they can. You never know - last year the Halloween fireworks ran every night in DL - including weeknights in September - so WoC very well may be showing every night for a while. If DLR can get away with it, I'm sure they will try to do it. Otherwise, weekends, I suppose.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #888
joeysmommy
DIS Veteran

That would be great if WOC shows during the week. We'll be there 9/28 Tues- 10/4 Monday. I'd prefer to see WOC on a weeknight as it would be less crowded and not so hectic.
Since we'll be at the Halloween Party Friday night that leaves Sat or Sun night if week nights aren't an option.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #889
mom4princesses
Guess its the bodies defensive system at work

Noticed it was on the 2nd page so I thought I would give it a bump.

DH DDS 14, 12, 10, 5, 3 and 2
Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #890
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Yes, this most definitely needed a bump. Mom4princesses! Thank you!

We are getting much closer to the official HalloweenTime agenda being released. I can't wait to see what's listed - I think I am most curious about whether there will be any traces of HalloweenTime in DCA at all. The schedule of Halloween attractions and activites should say whether or not there will be Candy Corn Acres again this year. But I wonder if they are going to totally abandon any trace of Halloween to focus on WoC. I hope they do something Halloween-esque in DCA.

Oh, by the way, for those of you who have just recently received your Disney Visa Debit Cards....I was excited to notice in my Rewards section of my online Chase account that I have already earned a whopping 39 cents in Disney rewards!! Woo hoo! Thirty-nine cents!! I have no clue where that 39 cents came from and why it's not a dollar, but at least I am starting to earn Rewards!! I think I have met my 5-purchase requirement to receive my bonus 25 Reward points, but I have no clue how long those will take to show up. So I am pleased that, at the very least, I will have $25.39 to put towards Disney trips!!

PHXscuba - from what you have described about AZ, I can not only see why most of AZ heads here to California but I also see why I am not visiting the friends I have in AZ. It's way too hot for me! It's even too hot for me out here in SoCal. As a matter of fact, I was born in AZ - there's some irony for you, given my bad sensitivity to heat - but I only stayed there about a week or less after I was born and then we came to SoCal immediately, where I have been ever since. I think that set a precedent for me. As you can see, even in my infancy, less than a week old, I knew I wanted to get the heck out of AZ as quick as possible and head to a cooler climate!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 06-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #891
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Sherry,
I actually grew up in Huntington Beach. I love, love, love Orange County (and DLR, of course). But I married an Arizonan, and if we wanted to live in CA we'd have to move waaaay away from the beach to afford a home half as nice as we have here. And if I have to live all the way in Indio, I might as well live in a metropolitan area like Phoenix (no offense intended to Indio).

I'm glad my parents still live in OC so I can visit as often and as cheaply as we do. Some people come to CA and complain if it's not super sunny the whole time. Me, I'll be glad if it's overcast for a couple days! My kids like being able to play outside and go to the park; I like smelling the ocean and the breeze. And going to DLR!

Every time we go to CA, it's gorgeous, and I have the hardest time pointing the car back across the burning desert to go back to AZ. I guess I'll always be a California girl at heart.

PHXscuba
Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #892
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to go to DL in October and go attend the MHP on the first day on October 1st. This will be my first time to go back to DL in October since over 15 years ago when I was a little kid. This will be really exciting to see the Halloween decorations around the resort, SM Ghost Galaxy and I am looking forward to Halloween Screams the most.

I have ordered my MHP tickets on the DL website for October 1st and I was a little bit surprised that it is only available to AP, DVC, Visa, etc. and not available to the general public until 7/16.

I have been looking forward to go to DL in October since last year when one of my friend who worked at DL said this is a must thing to do if you are going to DL. I took her words and was about to do a trip this year with my DA, until DL announced that DLR is doing a WDW MVMCP type of event. I didn't want to pay another ticket to go to DL since I have a DL AP. I was hoping to see Halloween Screams on Friday or the weekends since they showed it during those times last year. But my friend and a nice person that I have talked with during my trip this month during the WoC debut when we were waiting in the viewing area, he said that I must do MHP to see Halloween Screams and get to experience MToTP style event at DL. So my DA and I have decided to go to DL this October on the first day of MHP.

I'm hoping the weather during that time will be good and good to enjoy a nice experience at MHP. I want to stay at the GCH during my visit this month, but it was all booked and hoping that this time when we go back in October, GCH will have a nice AP discount. But as of right now, DLR doesn't have the discount on the GCH yet ($342), but DL Hotel ($179) and PPH ($164} are at discount price right now. Should I just wait or don't even bother with it? If my DA get to stay at the GCH, this will be our first time staying at the hotel since it opened in 2001. That is a long time and I am hoping to get to stay at the hotel and be in the viewing area to see DCA.

I am looking forward to seeing Halloween Screams and I am also looking forward to see WoC again during a less crowded day. I am possibly going to do the WoC picnic since I have done the FP machine the first day and the dining package the 2nd day.

I'm hoping this will be a great trip to DL during the Halloween season.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 06-24-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #893
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Yes, this most definitely needed a bump. Mom4princesses! Thank you!

We are getting much closer to the official HalloweenTime agenda being released. I can't wait to see what's listed - I think I am most curious about whether there will be any traces of HalloweenTime in DCA at all. The schedule of Halloween attractions and activites should say whether or not there will be Candy Corn Acres again this year. But I wonder if they are going to totally abandon any trace of Halloween to focus on WoC. I hope they do something Halloween-esque in DCA.

Oh, by the way, for those of you who have just recently received your Disney Visa Debit Cards....I was excited to notice in my Rewards section of my online Chase account that I have already earned a whopping 39 cents in Disney rewards!! Woo hoo! Thirty-nine cents!! I have no clue where that 39 cents came from and why it's not a dollar, but at least I am starting to earn Rewards!! I think I have met my 5-purchase requirement to receive my bonus 25 Reward points, but I have no clue how long those will take to show up. So I am pleased that, at the very least, I will have $25.39 to put towards Disney trips!!

PHXscuba - from what you have described about AZ, I can not only see why most of AZ heads here to California but I also see why I am not visiting the friends I have in AZ. It's way too hot for me! It's even too hot for me out here in SoCal. As a matter of fact, I was born in AZ - there's some irony for you, given my bad sensitivity to heat - but I only stayed there about a week or less after I was born and then we came to SoCal immediately, where I have been ever since. I think that set a precedent for me. As you can see, even in my infancy, less than a week old, I knew I wanted to get the heck out of AZ as quick as possible and head to a cooler climate!
"Cooler climate" doesn't belong in a paragraph about Southern California!

Well, I guess it's cooler than Arizona. But still...LOL!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #894
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

Hurray I am in such a good mood just got off the phone with DH and have decided that we would be going Oct 17 -22 didn't want to be there during the weekend if possible. Now the had part not telling the kids until everything is booked. Can't wait until Oct. Watch out Disney we are coming back.

Last edited by srauchbauer; 06-28-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #895
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Sherry,
I actually grew up in Huntington Beach. I love, love, love Orange County (and DLR, of course). But I married an Arizonan, and if we wanted to live in CA we'd have to move waaaay away from the beach to afford a home half as nice as we have here. And if I have to live all the way in Indio, I might as well live in a metropolitan area like Phoenix (no offense intended to Indio).

I'm glad my parents still live in OC so I can visit as often and as cheaply as we do. Some people come to CA and complain if it's not super sunny the whole time. Me, I'll be glad if it's overcast for a couple days! My kids like being able to play outside and go to the park; I like smelling the ocean and the breeze. And going to DLR!

Every time we go to CA, it's gorgeous, and I have the hardest time pointing the car back across the burning desert to go back to AZ. I guess I'll always be a California girl at heart.

PHXscuba
It is gorgeous out here in California. That's so true. It's getting a little too hot for me each year. I think I'd be better off if I lived in NorCal, where it's cooler! But I don't want to be far away from DLR or from Catalina Island - those are two enormous reasons why I love SoCal, in addition to many others. However, many friends have moved out of California and to neighboring states, including AZ. They never move far enough away where they can't get back here easily, though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I am so excited to go to DL in October and go attend the MHP on the first day on October 1st. This will be my first time to go back to DL in October since over 15 years ago when I was a little kid. This will be really exciting to see the Halloween decorations around the resort, SM Ghost Galaxy and I am looking forward to Halloween Screams the most.

I have ordered my MHP tickets on the DL website for October 1st and I was a little bit surprised that it is only available to AP, DVC, Visa, etc. and not available to the general public until 7/16.

I have been looking forward to go to DL in October since last year when one of my friend who worked at DL said this is a must thing to do if you are going to DL. I took her words and was about to do a trip this year with my DA, until DL announced that DLR is doing a WDW MVMCP type of event. I didn't want to pay another ticket to go to DL since I have a DL AP. I was hoping to see Halloween Screams on Friday or the weekends since they showed it during those times last year. But my friend and a nice person that I have talked with during my trip this month during the WoC debut when we were waiting in the viewing area, he said that I must do MHP to see Halloween Screams and get to experience MToTP style event at DL. So my DA and I have decided to go to DL this October on the first day of MHP.

I'm hoping the weather during that time will be good and good to enjoy a nice experience at MHP. I want to stay at the GCH during my visit this month, but it was all booked and hoping that this time when we go back in October, GCH will have a nice AP discount. But as of right now, DLR doesn't have the discount on the GCH yet ($342), but DL Hotel ($179) and PPH ($164} are at discount price right now. Should I just wait or don't even bother with it? If my DA get to stay at the GCH, this will be our first time staying at the hotel since it opened in 2001. That is a long time and I am hoping to get to stay at the hotel and be in the viewing area to see DCA.

I am looking forward to seeing Halloween Screams and I am also looking forward to see WoC again during a less crowded day. I am possibly going to do the WoC picnic since I have done the FP machine the first day and the dining package the 2nd day.

I'm hoping this will be a great trip to DL during the Halloween season.
How exciting! If you haven't been to DLR for an October trip in 15 years, you're in for some big Halloween changes! I don't think DLR was doing too much of anything for HalloweenTime 15 years ago, were they?

The MHP should be a lot of fun. I think opening night will be especially exciting.

Those rates you mentioned for PPH and DLH - are those rates for October? Its odd if the AP rates for PPH and DLH are already showing for October. Last year the real AP October rates (in other words, not the 10% discount on the rack rate) were not released until September. But I'm thinking that, perhaps, the GCH rates will drop for October in the next couple of months. If you want to get a hotel room, you could always just book it and then when the AP rates come out, quickly call Central Reservations and have them switch to the AP rate.

I think the weather for October out here in SoCal is very unpredictable. It's a very odd month - it could go either way. It could be rainy and blustery or it could be hotter than any summer month. It is usually quite dry and warm, though - hence, the yearly wildfires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPond View Post
"Cooler climate" doesn't belong in a paragraph about Southern California!

Well, I guess it's cooler than Arizona. But still...LOL!
Yes, SoCal is not a 'cool' state - and I'm one who gets sick in 75-degree weather. It doesn't even have to get in the 90's for me to be ill! But it's cooler here than in AZ. This week, our temps have mostly been in the upper 70's to low, low 80's. In AZ, as PHXscuba said, it's already well over 100 degrees. Yay for the California June Gloom!! Woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
Hurray I am in such a good mood just got off the phone with DH and have decided that we would be going Oct 17 -22 didn't want to be there during the weekend if possible. Know the had part not telling the kids until everything is booked. Can't wait until Oct. Watch out Disney we are coming back.
Woo hoo!! It will be hard to keep it a surprise from the kids just yet. The weekdays should be great in terms of lesser crowds. The time you are going is pretty much going to be after the school breaks end and other things that would draw extra big crowds to the park come to an end. So I would imagine that you will have a good few days at DLR with pretty manageable crowds.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #896
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
How exciting! If you haven't been to DLR for an October trip in 15 years, you're in for some big Halloween changes! I don't think DLR was doing too much of anything for HalloweenTime 15 years ago, were they?

The MHP should be a lot of fun. I think opening night will be especially exciting.

Those rates you mentioned for PPH and DLH - are those rates for October? Its odd if the AP rates for PPH and DLH are already showing for October. Last year the real AP October rates (in other words, not the 10% discount on the rack rate) were not released until September. But I'm thinking that, perhaps, the GCH rates will drop for October in the next couple of months. If you want to get a hotel room, you could always just book it and then when the AP rates come out, quickly call Central Reservations and have them switch to the AP rate.

I think the weather for October out here in SoCal is very unpredictable. It's a very odd month - it could go either way. It could be rainy and blustery or it could be hotter than any summer month. It is usually quite dry and warm, though - hence, the yearly wildfires.
Thanks Sherry E

I know back than, they haven't had any Halloween decorations back in the days when I was there. It was a quiet time back in the days when my family took me and my brother there for his birthday. I have been looking foward to this trip since last year when my friend told me how great Halloween Screams fireworks were and SM ghost galaxy. She got me all wooed about it last year, that I had to try it out. I was also considering of going in September for the Destination D: Disneyland '55, but I can't go during that week. Also DLR doesn't have a D23 Expo this year, so it would be nice to go back to DL to experience the halloween season at DL.

I was considering to do MHP in the middle of the month instead of the first week especially since it is new. I was planning on hearing the experience from the other DISers, but I decided it wouldn't be so bad since I did WoC on the opening night to the public, so it shouldn't be as bad like WoC.

The dates for October are not up on the website yet. When I went to the DL AP homepage and went to the hotel availability calende, clicked on book online tab and on the date for October 1 to October 2nd, they showed me the rate for all three hotels with the AP rate. I would assume these prices are for the standard view only until DL puts up the rates for October. PPH and DLH were at decent price, but the GCH was so high. I thought the GCH should be a little bit lower. Mostly when it gets closer to the actual date, the price can drop anytime, so I will keep checking back and forward. Thanks for the advice about the reservation, I'm just possibly going to take a chance when it gets closer to the date.

I check back on the rates for October 1st, now it is at $282, so it went down a lot since I have check back, but it can change like always.

I'm hoping that the weather will be good when my DA and I get there. Thats why I picked that date to go to DL because of how nice it was last year when I went to the D23 Expo in middle September. We are prepared for a rainy day. And yes, I read about those yearly wildfires out there last year.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #897
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thanks Sherry E

I know back than, they haven't had any Halloween decorations back in the days when I was there. It was a quiet time back in the days when my family took me and my brother there for his birthday. I have been looking foward to this trip since last year when my friend told me how great Halloween Screams fireworks were and SM ghost galaxy. She got me all wooed about it last year, that I had to try it out. I was also considering of going in September for the Destination D: Disneyland '55, but I can't go during that week. Also DLR doesn't have a D23 Expo this year, so it would be nice to go back to DL to experience the halloween season at DL.

I was considering to do MHP in the middle of the month instead of the first week especially since it is new. I was planning on hearing the experience from the other DISers, but I decided it wouldn't be so bad since I did WoC on the opening night to the public, so it shouldn't be as bad like WoC.

The dates for October are not up on the website yet. When I went to the DL AP homepage and went to the hotel availability calende, clicked on book online tab and on the date for October 1 to October 2nd, they showed me the rate for all three hotels with the AP rate. I would assume these prices are for the standard view only until DL puts up the rates for October. PPH and DLH were at decent price, but the GCH was so high. I thought the GCH should be a little bit lower. Mostly when it gets closer to the actual date, the price can drop anytime, so I will keep checking back and forward. Thanks for the advice about the reservation, I'm just possibly going to take a chance when it gets closer to the date.

I check back on the rates for October 1st, now it is at $282, so it went down a lot since I have check back, but it can change like always.

I'm hoping that the weather will be good when my DA and I get there. Thats why I picked that date to go to DL because of how nice it was last year when I went to the D23 Expo in middle September. We are prepared for a rainy day. And yes, I read about those yearly wildfires out there last year.
Well, at least the GCH prices are heading in the right direction - down!! I hope you're able to get a good price for the GCH - even if it's sort of close to your October trip when the lowest rates are released. Just keep an eagle eye on that AP hotel calendar.

I think you'll have a really wonderful time at the MHP and you'll love the fireworks! I thought they were especially cool and I'm not a fireworks person, really.

Make sure to post lots of photos here after your HalloweenTime trip is finished!

Old 06-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #898
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry e View Post
well, at least the gch prices are heading in the right direction - down!! I hope you're able to get a good price for the gch - even if it's sort of close to your october trip when the lowest rates are released. Just keep an eagle eye on that ap hotel calendar.

I think you'll have a really wonderful time at the mhp and you'll love the fireworks! I thought they were especially cool and i'm not a fireworks person, really.
Thank you for the great advice. I am looking forward to this trip so much and hope every thing goes right. I already have a reservation at BWPPI on Oct 1-3 and I can always cancel the 1st night at BWPPI and reserved a hotel room at the GCH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry e View Post
Make sure to post lots of photos here after your halloweentime trip is finished!
I will definitely take a lot of pictures during my visit in October and post it on the thread that night if every thing goes right that night.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #899
kiwitinkerbell
kiwigirl

Hi - I just love reading through this thread! We will be at DLR Oct 3-8 at the end of our 4 week trip to USA from New Zealand. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the park hours I could expect for those dates?

July 86 - DL, May 96 - DL, Jan 07 - Pop WDW,
Dec 2008 - Pop Century & AKL , Jan 09 - Pop WDW
Sept 2010 - DL
Old 06-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #900
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitinkerbell View Post
Hi - I just love reading through this thread! We will be at DLR Oct 3-8 at the end of our 4 week trip to USA from New Zealand. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the park hours I could expect for those dates?
Kiwitinkerbell - Thank you so much for joining in and taking the time to read through the thread! Hopefully someone will come forth with more HalloweenTime photos soon, so we can get another visual dose of HalloweenTime at DLR!!

I tried to reply to you to yesterday but was having an awful time with technical problems like clicking 'Reply" and nothing happening, or waiting for five minutes before a page finally loaded. It was so frustrating. I finally gave up.

Anyway, as for park hours: well, during your time at DLR this year, Mickey's Halloween Party will be happening in Disneyland on Tuesday, October 5th and on Friday, October 8th. On Tuesday nights, the party is from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., and on Fridays and Halloween Night, the party is from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. On the non-party days, I would think it would be a somewhat shortened schedule - but I'm not entirely sure yet. October has gotten to be more popular at DLR than it used to be, so the whole game is changing and the rules of 'off-peak' seasonal hours are changing a bit, too, I think. I'm not sure what DCA will be doing by then as well. I think we don't know yet if WoC will still be attracting people in droves to see it as it is now, and if DCA will still be open later to allow for 2 or 3 shows.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: