Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #826
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

A Monday morning creepy emoticon dude HalloweenTime Information Boogie

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #827
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
A Monday morning creepy emoticon dude HalloweenTime Information Boogie
Just how I wanted to start off my morning!! How did you know?

Blogging about life and Disney
Live Well - Laugh Often - Run Disney

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #828
mom4princesses
Guess its the bodies defensive system at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminetteCricket View Post
I just called 714-781-4400 and was able to get MHP tickets for October 1st for $44 w/ my Disney Debit!!
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get my card so I can get tickets.

DH DDS 14, 12, 10, 5, 3 and 2
Old 06-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #829
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminetteCricket View Post
I just called 714-781-4400 and was able to get MHP tickets for October 1st for $44 w/ my Disney Debit!!
Is that for AP holders, or can anyone call that number and get them?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #830
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Nevermind, I figured it out!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #831
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Is that for AP holders, or can anyone call that number and get them?
You only get the $44 pre-order MHP price if you have an AP, a Disney Visa Debit or Credit Card, and I think a DVC membership as well. Once the MHP tickets go on sale to the general public (on July 16th), the prices are $59 maximum.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #832
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to do the re-post of this (every few pages, it's probably a good idea) just for anyone new to the thread who needs the HalloweenTime basics:

This is what we know for certain right now, as of Monday, June 14, 2010:

• HalloweenTime at Disneyland Resort will begin on Friday, September 17, 2010.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party (formerly called Mickey’s Trick or Treat Party) will, indeed, be moving over to Disneyland.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party will be held every Tuesday and Friday night in October, and on Halloween night, for a total of 10 nights. The dates of the party will be:

Fri., Oct. 1
Tues., Oct. 5
Fri., Oct. 8
Tues., Oct. 12
Fri.; Oct. 15
Tues., Oct. 19
Fri., Oct. 22
Tues., Oct. 26
Fri., Oct. 29
Sun., Oct. 31

• Pre-Sale tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party have been released (starting Friday, June 4th) for Disneyland Resort Annual Pass holders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa Card holders (Credit or Debit). Remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 16th. Call 714-781-4400 to purchase. This is the pricing information, along with the hours of the MHP:

Advanced Purchase Ticket Prices
$44 Special Passholder Discount for These Dates:
October 1, 5, 12, 19, 26
$54 Regular Admission Price for These Dates:
October 8, 15, 22
$59 Regular Admission Price for These Dates:
October 29, 31

Day-of-Event Ticket Prices
$54 If Purchased and Used on These Dates:
October 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26
$59 If Purchased and Used on These Dates:
October 29 and 31

All Dates
Ages Two and Under: No Charge!

Times
Tuesday Nights: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Fridays and Halloween Night: 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.

• The Halloween Screams fireworks will be exclusive to Mickey’s Halloween Party guests, and not shown to non-party guests during the rest of the season.

• More treat stations and more treats will be added to the MHP in DL.

• MHP guests will have access to “nearly all” the attractions Disneyland park has to offer—from the classic attractions in Fantasyland to the Halloween-themed attractions like Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday. We also assume that most of the DL restaurants will remain open during the MHP.

• MHP guests can start the party early and enter Disneyland at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 4:00 p.m. on Fridays. The official event starts at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 7:00 p.m. on Fridays, and Halloween. However, regular, non-MHP guests who attend DL earlier in the day on MHP days can stay until 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and until 7:00 p.m. on Fridays and Halloween, so there will be a bit of an overlap time. We assume that a wrist band system will be put into effect to identify the MHP guests and the non-guests.

• We should find out the full scoop on HalloweenTime and its agenda of activities and attractions in mid-July (I’m guessing July 16, as that is when MHP tickets go on sale to the general public).

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Sherry E; 06-14-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added phone #
Old 06-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #833
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

I'm sooo excited about being able to go during Halloweentime! However, DBF just asked me a great question that I'm stumped about. Our current APs expire in August. Can we still use them to purchase our MHP tickets right now? Of course, we will be getting new APs in October (upgrading with our GAD tickets).

Also, a related question is can we purchase cheaper PHs on LMT or other sites and use them toward the upgrade as well? Will DL know that we bought them at a cheaper price and therefore only apply the lower value of it toward the upgrade?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #834
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flitterific View Post
I'm sooo excited about being able to go during Halloweentime! However, DBF just asked me a great question that I'm stumped about. Our current APs expire in August. Can we still use them to purchase our MHP tickets right now? Of course, we will be getting new APs in October (upgrading with our GAD tickets).

Also, a related question is can we purchase cheaper PHs on LMT or other sites and use them toward the upgrade as well? Will DL know that we bought them at a cheaper price and therefore only apply the lower value of it toward the upgrade?
You should most definitely be able to get the MHP tickets with the AP now. It's still valid. Were you worried that they would ask to see your AP at the MHP, even though your AP will have expired and you will have GAD tickets? Unless they have changed their policy, they don't check APs at the entrance to make sure you were the one who bought the party tickets or anything. All they want are the party tickets. When the DIS-er who had to give up her TOTP tickets in 2008 gave them to me, I also wondered if they would check such a thing because she had bought them using her AP discount. But they didn't check us at all. I'm sure AP holders also buy tickets for other people sometimes. They don't seem to care.

Now as for the LMT tickets - are you asking if you can combine LMT tickets with the GAD tickets and apply the sum of both of those together towards the upgrade? I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think DLR will allow that kind of upgrade. Or were you asking if LMT tickets could be upgraded in general, in case you got those instead of GAD tickets?

Last edited by Sherry E; 06-14-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #835
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You should most definitely be able to get the MHP tickets with the AP now. It's still valid. Were you worried that they would ask to see your AP at the MHP, even though your AP wil have expired and you will have GAD tickets? Unless they have changed their policy, they don't check APs at the entrance to make sure you were the one who bought the party tickets or anything. All they want are the party tickets. When the DIS-er who had to give up her TOTP tickets in 2008 gave them to me, I also wondered if they would check such a thing because she had bought them with using her AP discount. But they didn't check us at all. I'm sure AP holders also buy tickets for other people sometimes. They don't seem to care.

Now as for the LMT tickets - are you asking if you can combine LMT tickets with the GAD tickets and apply the sum of both of those together towards the upgrade? I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think DLR will allow that kind of upgrade. Or were you asking if LMT tickets could be upgraded in general, in case you got those instead of GAD tickets?
Thanks for answering so quickly! I will pick a date and get our MHP tickets then

And yes, I was talking about combining the LMT tickets with the GAD tickets toward a PAP upgrade. I saw on another post that someone called Disney and they said it would be okay for her to combine the PHs that she won on a radio contest with her GAD tickets toward the upgrade for an AP so I was hoping I could do the same if I got LMT tickets on top of our GAD tickets
Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #836
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for answering so quickly! I will pick a date and get our MHP tickets then

And yes, I was talking about combining the LMT tickets with the GAD tickets toward a PAP upgrade. I saw on another post that someone called Disney and they said it would be okay for her to combine the PHs that she won on a radio contest with her GAD tickets toward the upgrade for an AP so I was hoping I could do the same if I got LMT tickets on top of our GAD tickets
Flitterific -

Well, here is my experience with that sort of ticket ugrade/swap situation:

Two years ago, I had accumulated a bunch of one-day/one-park tickets (the kind that used to be $66, then $69, now $72). A client of mine, who did a lot of charity work, used to buy them for sick kids so they could go to DL. She gave me some of the tickets as a thank you for the work I had been doing for her. The one-day/one-park tickets have no expiration date.

I wanted to get an AP - a PAP, to be exact. I called DLR and asked a CM if I could combine a few of the one-day/one-park tickets I had towards the price of one PAP. She was not sure. She asked another CM, who said she thought it would be okay to do that. But then they put me on hold to call the Disneyland Bank to be extra, extra sure. I was glad that they were taking the time to find out, so I wouldn't waste my time later trying to do it if it was not okay. They came back with a big YES from the DL Bank. The DL Bank CM said that "as long as those OD/OP tickets are unused and unexpired, then Disneyland views them as if they were money, and that total value of the tickets can be applied towards one AP or one Hopper or whatever." Excellent!

So I arrived at DL and marched up to the ticket booth to hand over 3 of my OD/OP tickets. The surly male CM behind the window instantly said NO, I could not use 3 tickets towards ONE PAP. I argued (politely) with him and said that, indeed, I could. I told him that I had been told very clearly by a CM who checked with another CM who checked with the DL Bank, that it was fine to do this. I named names of CMs so he would know who to ask. The surly male CM growled, "Well, not if they're used. If they're used, you can only use one ticket towards an upgrade."

I said, "But they are not used. None of them are used."

Surly male CM growled again and said, "Well then it's not an upgrade, it's a swap." And he scanned each ticket to be sure I had not used any of them. He reluctantly applied the total value of all 3 OD/OP tickets towards my PAP, and I ended up getting more than 50% off of the total PAP price that way. I only had to pay something like $191.

Fast forward to 2009. Once again, the client I mentioned above gave me more DL tickets - the OD/OP kind. Instead of an AP, this time I wanted to use 6 of those tickets and "swap" them (not upgrade, as I was reminded by the surly male CM in 2008) for three 1-day Park Hoppers. I called DLR beforehand to be sure the Bank was still allowing this and still viewing the unused, unexpired tickets "as money." They confirmed that I could still do this.

In October, I marched up to the ticket booth again, 6 tickets in hand, and gave them to the nice CM in the booth. I explained to her that I already knew a "swap" could take place, and the tickets had neither been used nor had they expired. I asked for three 1-day Hoppers. She scanned them to be sure I was telling the truth about the tickets being unused. She said, "I have to check with my supervisor, because we're really not supposed to do this."

I said, "But the Disneyland Bank said..."

And the friendly CM said, "Yeah, but we're really not supposed to do it."

So while the CM was conferring with her supervisor in the back, I was worried that they wouldn't let me "swap." She returned and said I had a "balance of $123." I nearly fainted. I thought she meant that I had a balance due of $123. What she actually meant was that the 6 OD/OP tickets, all tolled and applied to the price of three 1-day Hoppers, had a $123 balance left over. I expected nothing of this. I just wanted the 3 Hoppers. But the friendly CM gave me my 3 Hoppers AND a gift card for $123!!!!!!!!

So, I guess the reason I am telling you all of this is that, based on my two experiences with these kinds of ticket swaps, some CMs will say it's okay (usually the ones on the phone who take the time to check with the DL Bank), but the ones at the actual ticket booth seem to not want to do this, or they don't know that they are allowed to do it.

So you may, perhaps, have trouble if you try to combine GAD and LMT tickets towards the price of an AP. Or you may not. Yours would be discounted Hoppers with expiration dates. Mine were regular-price OD/OP tickets with no expiration date. The CMs may handle the discounted Hoppers differently and may not view them as money when combined together. They may only take one of those tickets and do an "upgrade," but not a swap. What you want is a swap, not an upgrade, if you combine tickets.

I would do what I did and call DLR first, explain what you want to do, that they would be discounted tickets from GAD and LMT and have them check with the DL Bank. Make sure you stress that the tickets would be unused and that you want to swap, as those seem to be the key words. Otherwise, they automatically assume that the tickets/Hoppers will have been used and that you want to upgrade, so they will say you can only use one ticket for an upgrade.

Last edited by Sherry E; 06-14-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #837
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Flitterific -

Well, here is my experience with that sort of ticket ugrade/swap situation:

Two years ago, I had accumulated a bunch of one-day/one-park tickets (the kind that used to be $66, then $69, now $72). A client of mine, who did a lot of charity work, used to buy them for sick kids so they could go to DL. She gave me some of the tickets as a thank you for the work I had been doing for her. The one-day/one-park tickets have no expiration date.

I wanted to get an AP - a PAP, to be exact. I called DLR and asked a CM if I could combine a few of the one-day/one-park tickets I had towards the price of one PAP. She was not sure. She asked another CM, who said she thought it would be okay to do that. But then they put me on hold to call the Disneyland Bank to be extra, extra sure. I was glad that they were taking the time to find out, so I wouldn't waste my time later trying to do it if it was not okay. They came back with a big YES from the DL Bank. The DL Bank CM said that "as long as those OD/OP tickets are unused and unexpired, then Disneyland views them as if they were money, and that total value of the tickets can be applied towards one AP or one Hopper or whatever." Excellent!

So I arrived at DL and marched up to the ticket booth to hand over 3 of my OD/OP tickets. The surly male CM behind the window instantly said NO, I could not use 3 tickets towards ONE PAP. I argued (politely) with him and said that, indeed, I could. I told him that I had been told very clearly by a CM who checked with another CM who checked with the DL Bank, that it was fine to do this. I named names of CMs so he would know who to ask. The surly male CM growled, "Well, not if they're used. If they're used, you can only use one ticket towards an upgrade."

I said, "But they are not used. None of them are used."

Surly male CM growled again and said, "Well then it's not an upgrade, it's a swap." And he scanned each ticket to be sure I had not used any of them. He reluctantly applied the total value of all 3 OD/OP tickets towards my PAP, and I ended up getting more than 50% off of the total PAP price that way. I only had to pay something like $191.

Fast forward to 2009. Once again, the client I mentioned above gave me more DL tickets - the OD/OP kind. Instead of an AP, this time I wanted to use 6 of those tickets and "swap" them (not upgrade, as I was reminded by the surly male CM in 2008) for three 1-day Park Hoppers. I called DLR beforehand to be sure the Bank was still allowing this and still viewing the unused, unexpired tickets "as money." They confirmed that I could still do this.

In October, I marched up to the ticket booth again, 6 tickets in hand, and gave them to the nice CM in the booth. I explained to her that I already knew a "swap" could take place, and the tickets had neither been used nor had they expired. I asked for three 1-day Hoppers. She scanned them to be sure I was telling the truth about the tickets being unused. She said, "I have to check with my supervisor, because we're really not supposed to do this."

I said, "But the Disneyland Bank said..."

And the friendly CM said, "Yeah, but we're really not supposed to do it."

So while the CM was conferring with her supervisor in the back, I was worried that they wouldn't let me "swap." She returned and said I had a "balance of $123." I nearly fainted. I thought she meant that I had a balance due of $123. What she actually meant was that the 6 OD/OP tickets, all tolled and applied to the price of three 1-day Hoppers, had a $123 balance left over. I expected nothing of this. I just wanted the 3 Hoppers. But the friendly CM gave me my 3 Hoppers AND a gift card for $123!!!!!!!!

So, I guess the reason I am telling you all of this is that, based on my two experiences with these kinds of ticket swaps, some CMs will say it's okay (usually the ones on the phone who take the time to check with the DL Bank), but the ones at the actual ticket booth seem to not want to do this, or they don't know that they are allowed to do it.

So you may, perhaps, have trouble if you try to combine GAD and LMT tickets towards the price of an AP. Or you may not. Yours would be discounted Hoppers with expiration dates. Mine were regular-price OD/OP tickets with no expiration date. The CMs may handle the discounted Hoppers differently and may not view them as money when combined together. They may only take one of those tickets and do an "upgrade," but not a swap. What you want is a swap, not an upgrade, if you combine tickets.

I would do what I did and call DLR first, explain what you want to do, that they would be discounted tickets from GAD and LMT and have them check with the DL Bank. Make sure you stress that the tickets would be unused and that you want to swap, as those seem to be the key words. Otherwise, they automatically assume that the tickets/Hoppers will have been used and that you want to upgrade, so they will say you can only use one ticket for an upgrade.
Wow, thanks Sherry, for the very useful explanation to clarify that what I would want to do is "swap" the tickets for a PAP and not "upgrade". Do you by any chance have the number that I should be calling to inquire whether this is still allowed? Thanks a million!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #838
canadadisney
Mouseketeer

This might be a silly question but I just thought of it randomly, Can you still use the Fast Pass system on the Mickey's Halloween Party nights?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:07 AM   #839
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You definitely can do that. My pass expires October 27 and I could buy tickets for October 31 just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadadisney View Post
This might be a silly question but I just thought of it randomly, Can you still use the Fast Pass system on the Mickey's Halloween Party nights?
If memory serves me correctly the Fast Pass system in DCA was not active during the parties.

Last edited by Vala; 06-15-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #840
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Wow, thanks Sherry, for the very useful explanation to clarify that what I would want to do is "swap" the tickets for a PAP and not "upgrade". Do you by any chance have the number that I should be calling to inquire whether this is still allowed? Thanks a million!
I can't recall which number I called last year or in 2008. Hmmm.... It was probably just the main DLR information/Guest Services number. So when you call, explain that you would be combining two unused tickets from GAD and LMT to put the total value towards one AP, and then you'll pay whatever the difference/balance due is. If they start in with the, "You can only upgrade one ticket to an AP," then say, "It's not an upgrade." You can even tell them that you know this process has been done before for certain types of tickets and that the CMs on the phone checked with the DL Bank. Of course, again, my tickets were the non-expired, unused, one-day/one-park variety, which may be handled differently (and allowed) than discount tickets from GAD and LMT (which may not be allowed), but it won't hurt to tell them that you know someone who did this swap process twice, and you know that it was verified with the DL Bank. Sometimes the CMs will just give as much info as they are aware of, but not all the CMs seem to be aware of all the things they can or cannot do. So if someone tells them, "Check with the DL Bank," that may be something they wouldn't have thought to do otherwise.

Although, as I said before, I had good luck with the CMs on the phone, whereas the ones at the ticket booths were the ones who didn't want to let me swap at first (but I pushed the issue, of course, and so they did!).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: