Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #811
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Disney Visa Debit Card x 2 arrived today! Did anyone else get theirs yet? Since Chase sent me two of them mistakenly, I have to figure out which design I like better (they only had four choices, but one of them I asked for and the other one was something they just picked for me). Anyway, I must activate the card and then see what I can find out about MHP tickets and other goodies!!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 06-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #812
mom4princesses
Guess its the bodies defensive system at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Disney Visa Debit Card x 2 arrived today! Did anyone else get theirs yet? Since Chase sent me two of them mistakenly, I have to figure out which design I like better (they only had four choices, but one of them I asked for and the other one was something they just picked for me). Anyway, I must activate the card and then see what I can find out about MHP tickets and other goodies!!!
Have not recieved mine yet. So please let me know if you are able to get the MHP tickets. That is one of my main reasons for getting the card, well and all the other goodies you get.

DH DDS 14, 12, 10, 5, 3 and 2
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #813
stitch4336
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sherry do you know if you get points for using the Debit Card to pay bills online? We have the Disney Visa from Chase and our checking account thru another bank. Since they came out with the debit card, I've been thinking about switching to get more points (of course!). But I pay all my larger bills online and was wondering if that counts. I'll research it on the Chase website but thought I'd ask here too in case you already know the answer....

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #814
mom4princesses
Guess its the bodies defensive system at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch4336 View Post
Sherry do you know if you get points for using the Debit Card to pay bills online? We have the Disney Visa from Chase and our checking account thru another bank. Since they came out with the debit card, I've been thinking about switching to get more points (of course!). But I pay all my larger bills online and was wondering if that counts. I'll research it on the Chase website but thought I'd ask here too in case you already know the answer....

Thanks!
From what I understand as long as you use it as a credit, not debit, you get points. Online where ever. But if you are talking about bill pay, it said as long as it went as a credit you get points but not if they send a check. I knew more about the card than the lady at the bank, from the boards, so it was a little dissapointing as I thought I would have found out more by going into the branch.

DH DDS 14, 12, 10, 5, 3 and 2
Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #815
BigCheese
Always eating cheese at DLR

I'm almost positive this was discussed somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it! I know that the Celebration BBQ with Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye no longer happens on a regular basis, but do they still have Woody's Halloween Roundup? And if so, do they allow you to take pictures with the characters (particularly Bullseye!)? DS is big on Bullseye, and we're hoping he's around during Halloweentime.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #816
JiminetteCricket
Earning My Ears

I got my Disney Visa debit in the mail today too! I can't activate it right now (activation number says their system is down until Sunday morning?). I'll try to remember to get it activated in the morning then call and see about the MHP tix. Does anyone have the phone number to call handy?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #817
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4princesses View Post
Have not recieved mine yet. So please let me know if you are able to get the MHP tickets. That is one of my main reasons for getting the card, well and all the other goodies you get.
I don't see anything about MHP on any inserts that came with the debit card, nor do I see anything on the Disney Rewards Visa website (although I did look over all the other "perks"). When I do a general search online, all I see is that people were able to use their Disney Visas for MNSSHP tickets in WDW or for Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA in 2007. I know some people on the DIS have said that they were able to use their Visas for discounted TOTP tickets more recently than 2007. So, IF we are able to get any kind of discount using this Visa this year, it is very well hidden! I guess we have to actually just call DLR directly and find out if it can be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch4336 View Post

Thanks!
Mom4princesses is correct - with the Debit Card you can get points for paying all our bills online or on the phone or for making any kinds of purchases (from gas to groceries to fast food to movie tickets to electronics to clothes - anything) anywhere (online, over the phone or in-person), as long as the card is processed as a credit card. Most places can process the debit card as a credit card because it has the Visa logo on it and it will go through the Visa system. But you know how, every so often, you go somewhere where you swipe your debit card and it asks you to select Credit or Debit or Other? That's when we have to select the "credit" option. And if we pay online bills, same thing - don't refer to the card as a debit card. Select the "Paying with a Credit Card" option. If the "Debit" option is chosen, and we have to enter our PIN number, that's what we don't want. If we have to enter a PIN, that amount won't qualify for/towards rewards points. But if it is logged as a credit transaction, we shouldn't have to enter a PIN and we will get points.

That's one reason why I think rewards points probably build up faster than they seem like they would. Right now, it's like 1 reward point to every $200 of qualifying purchases or bills paid. But those monthly bills and purchases can easily add up to $200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheese View Post
I'm almost positive this was discussed somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it! I know that the Celebration BBQ with Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye no longer happens on a regular basis, but do they still have Woody's Halloween Roundup? And if so, do they allow you to take pictures with the characters (particularly Bullseye!)? DS is big on Bullseye, and we're hoping he's around during Halloweentime.
Yes, you're right - somewhere in this thread the HalloweenTime Round-Up was mentioned, but who knows where it went?! It's buried somewhere in the thread. Yes, the Halloween Round-Up was in full effect last year - Woody and Jessie were both there, taking photos. All of the other crafts and things were happening as well. I can't recall if they were calling it "Woody's Halloween Round-Up" last year like they did in 2008 and 2007, but it was definitely there and Woody & Jessie were posing for photos. This year, with TS3 coming out, I would imagine that having the Toy Story characters there would be even more popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminetteCricket View Post
I got my Disney Visa debit in the mail today too! I can't activate it right now (activation number says their system is down until Sunday morning?). I'll try to remember to get it activated in the morning then call and see about the MHP tix. Does anyone have the phone number to call handy?
I think Chase was doing some crazy maintenance on their system. I managed to get mine activated before all that started. BUT, it was a confusing phone call that I had to make to Chase, because I was simultaneously trying to convey that I needed to cancel my existing Chase Debit, activate only ONE of the Disney Visa Debit Cards they sent me and then cancel the second Disney Debit card they sent me. The Customer Service Rep. didn't seem to know why I had two Disney cards (neither did I), and I was afraid she was going to deactivate my existing Chase card prematurely and somehow leave me without the use of a card for a few days. Also, I had been told last week that I would receive a whole new PIN number for my card. I need to use this new card at an ATM in the next day or two, but I don't have a new PIN (it hasn't arrived yet). The Chase person I spoke to yesterday, however, said that I would be using the same PIN I have been using with my other Chase Debit, even though I was told last week that I would be getting a new one. So I have no idea if I can use this card yet or not, or if I will be getting a new PIN. Hopefully the card I am carrying in the wallet is the activated card and not the "other" Disney card they sent me by mistake!!

Was anyone else told they would be receiving an all new PIN number for their new Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card?

I don't have the number handy to call about the MHP tickets. I know it's around here somewhere.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 06-13-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #818
BigCheese

Quote:
Yes, you're right - somewhere in this thread the HalloweenTime Round-Up was mentioned, but who knows where it went?! It's buried somewhere in the thread. Yes, the Halloween Round-Up was in full effect last year - Woody and Jessie were both there, taking photos. All of the other crafts and things were happening as well. I can't recall if they were calling it "Woody's Halloween Round-Up" last year like they did in 2008 and 2007, but it was definitely there and Woody & Jessie were posing for photos. This year, with TS3 coming out, I would imagine that having the Toy Story characters there would be even more popular.
Perfect, thanks Sherry! You mentioned Woody and Jessie, but was Bullseye there last year at all? (or anywhere else in the parks for that matter)?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #819
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheese View Post
Perfect, thanks Sherry! You mentioned Woody and Jessie, but was Bullseye there last year at all? (or anywhere else in the parks for that matter)?
I didn't see Bullseye at the time that I popped into the Round-Up - I most definitely would have wanted to get a photo with him since he is a bit more rare in terms of being out and about in the parks. He was either in an area that I didn't see, or he just wasn't there at that moment. But I recall a couple of other DIS-ers saying that Bullseye was hanging around the Round-Up when they were there. I don't think he is there as often as Woody, but apparently he does come out from time to time. I just missed him, I guess.

I would think that, of all years, with this being a big year for Toy Story and the fact that it's been over 10 years between Toy Story movies, they should bring out as many Toy Story characters as possible in the parks, hanging around TSMM in DCA, hanging around BLAB in DL, hanging around the Round-Up, in the Pixar Play Parade, etc. What better time to do it, really? It will be very interesting to see what happens around Halloween, and if they bring out any extra TS characters that would not normally be seen. Maybe they will have some extra ones out for the MHP.

Somewhere on the DIS in the last couple of weeks, I recall reading a post that said Buzz and Woody were the new photo op/meet & greet at the Disney Visa location in DCA (though I can't remember who said it or where I read it on here). I hope that's true! I have not been able to get Buzz in a photo yet! Buzz and Sulley are two characters I really want to get photos of, and we always miss them!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #820
JiminetteCricket
Earning My Ears

I just called 714-781-4400 and was able to get MHP tickets for October 1st for $44 w/ my Disney Debit!!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #821
JiminetteCricket
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think Chase was doing some crazy maintenance on their system. I managed to get mine activated before all that started. BUT, it was a confusing phone call that I had to make to Chase, because I was simultaneously trying to convey that I needed to cancel my existing Chase Debit, activate only ONE of the Disney Visa Debit Cards they sent me and then cancel the second Disney Debit card they sent me. The Customer Service Rep. didn't seem to know why I had two Disney cards (neither did I), and I was afraid she was going to deactivate my existing Chase card prematurely and somehow leave me without the use of a card for a few days. Also, I had been told last week that I would receive a whole new PIN number for my card. I need to use this new card at an ATM in the next day or two, but I don't have a new PIN (it hasn't arrived yet). The Chase person I spoke to yesterday, however, said that I would be using the same PIN I have been using with my other Chase Debit, even though I was told last week that I would be getting a new one. So I have no idea if I can use this card yet or not, or if I will be getting a new PIN. Hopefully the card I am carrying in the wallet is the activated card and not the "other" Disney card they sent me by mistake!!

Was anyone else told they would be receiving an all new PIN number for their new Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card?
They haven't even sent me a PIN yet . That's ok though, I need to get in the habit of running it at credit only so I'll make due in the meantime . I think I'll swing into my local branch tomorrow and see if they can assign a PIN to my card though.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #822
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
They haven't even sent me a PIN yet . That's ok though, I need to get in the habit of running it at credit only so I'll make due in the meantime . I think I'll swing into my local branch tomorrow and see if they can assign a PIN to my card though.
They send the PIN numbers separately from the cards for security reasons. I only use my PIN for the ATM, but it happens that I need to go to an ATM tomorrow or the next day. So I need some kind of PIN, and I'm not sure if the Chase person I talked to yesterday was correct when she said I would have the same PIN I was used to using. There was so much confusion over the fact that they sent me 2 cards by mistake and had to cancel my existing card, that I have no clue which PIN is assigned to which card! But the Chase guy I spoke to last week said there would be a new PIN. Ugh!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #823
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I just called 714-781-4400 and was able to get MHP tickets for October 1st for $44 w/ my Disney Debit!!
Woo hoo!

So it's just something that is not really advertised at all - not even in the DLR info, but it is in effect! Great to know!!

Old 06-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #824
BigCheese

Quote:
I didn't see Bullseye at the time that I popped into the Round-Up - I most definitely would have wanted to get a photo with him since he is a bit more rare in terms of being out and about in the parks. He was either in an area that I didn't see, or he just wasn't there at that moment. But I recall a couple of other DIS-ers saying that Bullseye was hanging around the Round-Up when they were there. I don't think he is there as often as Woody, but apparently he does come out from time to time. I just missed him, I guess.

I would think that, of all years, with this being a big year for Toy Story and the fact that it's been over 10 years between Toy Story movies, they should bring out as many Toy Story characters as possible in the parks, hanging around TSMM in DCA, hanging around BLAB in DL, hanging around the Round-Up, in the Pixar Play Parade, etc. What better time to do it, really? It will be very interesting to see what happens around Halloween, and if they bring out any extra TS characters that would not normally be seen. Maybe they will have some extra ones out for the MHP.

Somewhere on the DIS in the last couple of weeks, I recall reading a post that said Buzz and Woody were the new photo op/meet & greet at the Disney Visa location in DCA (though I can't remember who said it or where I read it on here). I hope that's true! I have not been able to get Buzz in a photo yet! Buzz and Sulley are two characters I really want to get photos of, and we always miss them!
Thanks Sherry! We're there right at the start of Halloweentime, and if they have Woody's Halloween Roundup, we'll definately ask a CM for times Bullseye is scheduled to appear there.

I did hear on DIS that Buzz is back in Tomorrowland near the Carousel of Progress and Space Mountain after a year or so hiatus. The Buzz/Woody appearance for the Visa meet & greet at DCA seemed to have been a misunderstanding because of the way Visa promoted general Disney stuff with card member perks. Recent DISers reported the same characters as usual (a Pluto and Chip & Dale rotation).

Last edited by BigCheese; 06-13-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #825
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: