Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #721
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!
I havnt been on for quite some time because Ive been getting to take the Magic to the Baltics and put this on the back burner.
Would someone mind giving me a brief update on whats going on?
They;ve moved the event over to Disneyland?
Tickets are on sale now?
I no longer have an AP due to the above mentioned but am DVC and Dis visa memeber.
Could someone send me to the website for this and more info?
Im sorry but I really dont have time to read through 40+ pages.
Appreciate it very much!
Thanks!
Rita
Old 06-05-2010, 01:26 AM   #722
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Has everyone entered the World Of Color contest?? Here's mine!! :D http://www.worldofcolorcreator.com/m...FA82EDDA452522

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #723
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala View Post
My e-tickets arrived over 12 hours after ordering. I was really getting worried. So much for "a couple of minutes." *sighs*

Now to decide on a costume. I originally wanted to be a chipmunk. But now a friend of mine says he's coming. He wants to go as Doctor Facilier and is trying to talk me into joining him as Mama Odie.
If you don't want to be Mama Odie but do want to be an animal, then maybe Louis? A really neat costume (if you don't mind the voodoo thing; I wouldn't do it myself ) would be one of his "dolls"/puppets.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #724
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
If you don't want to be Mama Odie but do want to be an animal, then maybe Louis? A really neat costume (if you don't mind the voodoo thing; I wouldn't do it myself ) would be one of his "dolls"/puppets.
I was actually considering trying to talk him into me being Louis, but then I remembered Lufthansa had cut the baggage allowance in half and there was no way I could get an alligator costume on the plane with me.

The voodoo thing I wouldn't do either - I'm too concerned I might scare kids. That's actually why he wanted Mama Odie with him... he was a bit worried how kids may react to Facilier. If there's a scared kid we could always pretend I chase him off.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #725
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Rita View Post
Hi Everyone!
I havnt been on for quite some time because Ive been getting to take the Magic to the Baltics and put this on the back burner.
Would someone mind giving me a brief update on whats going on?
They;ve moved the event over to Disneyland?
Tickets are on sale now?
I no longer have an AP due to the above mentioned but am DVC and Dis visa memeber.
Could someone send me to the website for this and more info?
Im sorry but I really dont have time to read through 40+ pages.
Appreciate it very much!
Thanks!
Rita

Hi, Arizona Rita!!

The most recent, important info can be found in the last 5 pages or so. You may have already learned what you need to know by now, but in case you didn't, I will just re-post my recap that I have been posting every few pages (for the new people just tuning in), and hopefully this will answer your questions:

This is what we know for certain right now, as of June 5, 2010:

• HalloweenTime at Disneyland Resort will begin on Friday, September 17, 2010.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party (formerly called Mickey’s Trick or Treat Party) will, indeed, be moving over to Disneyland.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party will be held every Tuesday and Friday night in October, and on Halloween night, for a total of 10 nights. The dates of the party will be:

Fri., Oct. 1
Tues., Oct. 5
Fri., Oct. 8
Tues., Oct. 12
Fri.; Oct. 15
Tues., Oct. 19
Fri., Oct. 22
Tues., Oct. 26
Fri., Oct. 29
Sun., Oct. 31

• Pre-Sale tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party have been released (starting Friday, June 4th) for Disneyland Resort Annual Pass holders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa Card holders. Remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 16th. This is the pricing information, along with the hours of the MHP:

Advanced Purchase Ticket Prices
$44 Special Passholder Discount* for These Dates:
October 1, 5, 12, 19, 26
$54 Regular Admission Price for These Dates:
October 8, 15, 22
$59 Regular Admission Price for These Dates:
October 29, 31

Day-of-Event Ticket Prices
$54 If Purchased and Used on These Dates:
October 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26
$59 If Purchased and Used on These Dates:
October 29 and 31

All Dates
Ages Two and Under: No Charge!

Times
Tuesday Nights: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Fridays and Halloween Night: 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.

• The Halloween Screams fireworks will be exclusive to Mickey’s Halloween Party guests, and not shown to non-party guests during the rest of the season.

• More treat stations and more treats will be added to the MHP in DL.

• MHP guests will have access to “nearly all” the attractions Disneyland park has to offer—from the classic attractions in Fantasyland to the Halloween-themed attractions like Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday. We also assume that most of the DL restaurants will remain open during the MHP.

• MHP guests can start the party early and enter Disneyland at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 4:00 p.m. on Fridays. The official event starts at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 7:00 p.m. on Fridays, and Halloween. However, regular, non-MHP guests who attend DL earlier in the day on MHP days can stay until 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and until 7:00 p.m. on Fridays and Halloween, so there will be a bit of an overlap time. We assume that a wrist band system will be put into effect to identify the MHP guests and the non-guests.

• We should find out the full scoop on HalloweenTime and its agenda of activities and attractions in mid-July (I’m guessing July 16, as that is when MHP tickets go on sale to the general public).

Hope that helps!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 06-05-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #726
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

Thank you Sherry! That helps ALOT!!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #727
CC&M
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Hi, Arizona Rita!!

The most recent, important info can be found in the last 5 pages or so. You may have already learned what you need to know by now, but in case you didn't, I will just re-post my recap that I have been posting every few pages (for the new people just tuning in), and hopefully this will answer your questions:

This is what we know for certain right now, as of June 5, 2010:

• HalloweenTime at Disneyland Resort will begin on Friday, September 17, 2010.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party (formerly called Mickey’s Trick or Treat Party) will, indeed, be moving over to Disneyland.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party will be held every Tuesday and Friday night in October, and on Halloween night, for a total of 10 nights. The dates of the party will be:

Fri., Oct. 1
Tues., Oct. 5
Fri., Oct. 8
Tues., Oct. 12
Fri.; Oct. 15
Tues., Oct. 19
Fri., Oct. 22
Tues., Oct. 26
Fri., Oct. 29
Sun., Oct. 31

• Pre-Sale tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party for Disneyland Resort AP holders have been released (starting Friday, June 4th). Remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 16th. This is the pricing information:

Advanced Purchase Ticket Prices
$44 Special Passholder Discount* for These Dates:
October 1, 5, 12, 19, 26
$54 Regular Admission Price for These Dates:
October 8, 15, 22
$59 Regular Admission Price for These Dates:
October 29, 31

Day-of-Event Ticket Prices
$54 If Purchased and Used on These Dates:
October 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26
$59 If Purchased and Used on These Dates:
October 29 and 31

All Dates
Ages Two and Under: No Charge!

Times
Tuesday Nights: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Fridays and Halloween Night: 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.

• The Halloween Screams fireworks will be exclusive to Mickey’s Halloween Party guests, and not shown to non-party guests during the rest of the season.

• More treat stations and more treats will be added to the MHP in DL.

• MHP guests will have access to “nearly all” the attractions Disneyland park has to offer—from the classic attractions in Fantasyland to the Halloween-themed attractions like Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday. We also assume that most of the DL restaurants will remain open during the MHP.

• MHP guests can start the party early and enter Disneyland at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 4:00 p.m. on Fridays. The official event starts at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 7:00 p.m. on Fridays, and Halloween. However, regular, non-MHP guests who attend DL earlier in the day on MHP days can stay until 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and until 7:00 p.m. on Fridays and Halloween, so there will be a bit of an overlap time. We assume that a wrist band system will be put into effect to identify the MHP guests and the non-guests.

• We should find out the full scoop on HalloweenTime and its agenda of activities and attractions in mid-July (I’m guessing July 16, as that is when MHP tickets go on sale to the general public).

Hope that helps!

Arizone Rita,

I bought my MHP tickets yesterday with only my DVC membership, so even if you don't have an AP currently, you can call and get the discounted tickets with your DVC membership.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #728
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC&M View Post
Arizone Rita,

I bought my MHP tickets yesterday with only my DVC membership, so even if you don't have an AP currently, you can call and get the discounted tickets with your DVC membership.
Thanks for reminding me of this! As I was revising my recap above and adding in the latest ticket price info, I had included a sentence about the Disney Visa Card holders and then, when I was cutting and pasting a part of the paragraph, I think I cut it off accidentally and didn't notice until just now, when I read your post!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #729
CC&M
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Thanks for reminding me of this! As I was revising my recap above and adding in the latest ticket price info, I had included a sentence about the Disney Visa Card holders and then, when I was cutting and pasting a part of the paragraph, I think I cut it off accidentally and didn't notice until just now, when I read your post!!

Actually, I meant Disney Vacation Club members...they also get to pre-order at a discount
Old 06-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #730
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC&M View Post
Actually, I meant Disney Vacation Club members...they also get to pre-order at a discount
Ahhh...something else to add in! See, I was thnking you meant the Visa people, because that had already been discussed here. I don't think anyone had said anything about the DVC yet, so that's good to know!

Old 06-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #731
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

I will be upgrading my parkhopper on July 3 to a DAP. We are returning in October and I want to buy tickets. Where do I go at Disneyland to buy the tickets in advance? Will they give me actual tickets that we use at the gates?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #732
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymum58 View Post
I will be upgrading my parkhopper on July 3 to a DAP. We are returning in October and I want to buy tickets. Where do I go at Disneyland to buy the tickets in advance? Will they give me actual tickets that we use at the gates?
Do you mean that you will be buying separate tickets/Hoppers for other people (in other words, not for you, since you'll have your DAP in July)? You could order them them online at the DLR website (under the "Buy" tab). Usually, the online Hopper prices are a few dollars cheaper than if you were to buy them at DLR in person, or even at a Disney Store. If you order them online, you pay with a credit or debit card (or even a Disney Gift Card, if you have one), then Disney e-mails you your confirmation and your E-ticket. Yor print that out and take it right to the turnstiles at DLR. You don't even have to stop at the ticket booth. You just go straight to the turnstiles and hand the CM your E-ticket and they will give you a 'real' Hopper or ticket to use for FP machines and things like that. When you buy them online, the expiration date is usually the next year sometime.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #733
radiatorsprings
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if I can buy them in advance with the Disney Chase debit card? I don't know if that is included with the Disney Visa Cardholders. Also, do I have to pay with that card to get the discount. I haven't got it in the mail yet since I just signed up this week.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #734
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiatorsprings View Post
Does anyone know if I can buy them in advance with the Disney Chase debit card? I don't know if that is included with the Disney Visa Cardholders. Also, do I have to pay with that card to get the discount. I haven't got it in the mail yet since I just signed up this week.
Great question! My guess is that the Disney Visa Debit people get the same "perks" as the Visa credit card people because you are paying your $25 annual fee to have it - it should get you something if you have to pay for it!
Hopefully someone will jump in and let us know for 100% sure, though.

I have a a non-Halloween-related question for you, Tiffani - you said you just signed up for your Visa Debit this week. Coincidentally, I was going to do the same thing! I was just looking into upgrading my Chase Debit card in the last two days. But I wanted to do it online, and apparently, according to the website, in order to upgrade a regular Chase Debit Card to the Disney Rewards Debit Card you have to actually go IN to the bank and do it. Is this what you did? Did you have to go into the bank? I uaually do all my banking online or I hit the ATM before the bank opens, but I rarely go there during actual business hours so I didn't want to have to schlep over there to get a Disney Rewards Debit if it can be done over the phone or online in some way.

It could be that they don't make everyone go into the bank to upgrade to Disney, but because I just recently had my WaMu Debit Card switched over to a Chase card (like in April), maybe that requires me to have to go in to switch it.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #735
tjcrabb
Earning My Ears

Sherry, I signed up for the disney debit card right before my trip in May and I did it completely online. I am pretty sure you can do it online but since I was also opening an account instead of using a current one it may be different. There is live help you can chat with at chase.com and I am sure they can tell you if you can or not and hopefully save you a trip.
Tricia
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: