Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #631
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bump!

(I am actually going to repost my recap from the other day, for anyone who happens to just be tuning into this thread/page today.)

So, let’s recap the main things we have learned in case anyone is just now tuning in for the first time:

• HalloweenTime at Disneyland Resort will begin on Friday, September 17, 2010.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party (formerly called Mickey’s Trick or Treat Party) will, indeed, be moving over to Disneyland.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party will be held every Tuesday and Friday night in October, and on Halloween night, for a total of 10 nights. The dates of the party will be:

Fri., Oct. 1
Tues., Oct. 5
Fri., Oct. 8
Tues., Oct. 12
Fri.; Oct. 15
Tues., Oct. 19
Fri., Oct. 22
Tues., Oct. 26
Fri., Oct. 29
Sun., Oct. 31

• Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party will go on sale to (we think) Disney Visa card holders, Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members and (definitely) Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders on Friday, June 4th. Remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 16th. Prices are unknown at this time but are likely to be higher than when the Trick or Treat Party was in DCA.

• The Halloween Screams fireworks will be exclusive to Mickey’s Halloween Party guests, and not shown to non-party guests during the rest of the season.

• More treat stations and more treats will be added to the MHP in DL.

• MHP guests will have access to “nearly all” the attractions Disneyland park has to offer—from the classic attractions in Fantasyland to the Halloween-themed attractions like Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday. We also assume that most of the DL restaurants will remain open during the MHP.

• MHP guests can start the party early and enter Disneyland at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 4:00 p.m. on Fridays. The official event starts at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 7:00 p.m. on Fridays, and Halloween. However, regular, non-MHP guests who attend DL earlier in the day on MHP days can stay until 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and until 7:00 p.m. on Fridays and Halloween, so there will be a bit of an overlap time. We assume that a wrist band system will be put into effect to identify the MHP guests and the non-guests. We are unclear at this time of when the MHP will end on Tuesdays and Fridays and Halloween.

• We should find out the full scoop on HalloweenTime and its agenda of activities and attractions in mid-July (I’m guessing July 16, as that is when MHP tickets go on sale to the general public).

I think that pretty much sums it up for now, unless I left out something major.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 06-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #632
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I've been so exhausted this whole weekend (even yesterday) I've fallen so behind on what was announced. It's nice to finally have some information to go off!! I'm just so excited to actually get a Halloween trip!!
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #633
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I've been so exhausted this whole weekend (even yesterday) I've fallen so behind on what was announced. It's nice to finally have some information to go off!! I'm just so excited to actually get a Halloween trip!!
Hey there, Jazz! I wondered why we hadn't heard more from you since the big news was revealed the other day. I was hoping all was okay with you.

The Halloween Screams fireworks being exclusive to the MHP is a big hot topic (not just here but on the Disney Parks Blog as well). It seems more people are unhappy about this than happy. Of course, in a way, it's kind of good that the MHP will not be happening when you are there - nor will those specific fireworks be happening - because I guess it's one less thing to worry about! (I'm trying to put a spin on it so it doesn't seem like you are missing out on anything!!! LOL!)

Now you know that HalloweenTime will be in full swing for your entire trip (minus MHP and the fireworks), so you can plan, full steam ahead!! In fact, I am kind of hoping that when the official HalloweenTime agenda gets released in July, there will be things on that list that will surprise us! In other words, I am hoping it's more than just the usual Haunted Mansion Holiday, Halloween Round-Up and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, etc. I hope that DLR throws something in there that none of us are expecting!! As it is, I don't know if Candy Corn Acres will even be around in DCA this year. So I am hoping that they will give us something extra - for everyone, not just partygoers - if they have to take other stuff away.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 06-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #634
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

By the way, everyone - as soon as any of you find out the pre-sale prices for the MHP tickets this coming Friday, please post them here as soon as you can!

In fact, more than likely, the pre-sale prices will probably reflect how much of a savings the AP holders and Disney Visa holders are getting, so we will likely know (or be able to figure out) what the general sale prices (full prices) will be on Friday as well, even though they don't go on sale until July. That will be good info to have, as I know a lot of us are waiting to find out the prices of the tickets, and if they are too much, it will rule some of us out!!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #635
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Hey there, Jazz! I wondered why we hadn't heard more from you since the big news was revealed the other day. I was hoping all was okay with you.

The Halloween Screams fireworks being exclusive to the MHP is a big hot topic (not just here but on the Disney Parks Blog as well). It seems more people are unhappy about this than happy. Of course, in a way, it's kind of good that the MHP will not be happening when you are there - nor will those specific fireworks be happening - because I guess it's one less thing to worry about! (I'm trying to put a spin on it so it doesn't seem like you are missing out on anything!!! LOL!)

Now you know that HalloweenTime will be in full swing for your entire trip (minus MHP and the fireworks), so you can plan, full steam ahead!! In fact, I am kind of hoping that when the official HalloweenTime agenda gets released in July, there will be things on that list that will surprise us! In other words, I am hoping it's more than just the usual Haunted Mansion Holiday, Halloween Round-Up and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, etc. I hope that DLR throws something in there that none of us are expecting!! As it is, I don't know if Candy Corn Acres will even be around in DCA this year. So I am hoping that they will give us something extra - for everyone, not just partygoers - if they have to take other stuff away.
It was a rough weekend. I work graveyard on Saturdays and ended up pulling at 36+ hour day because I couldn't fall asleep and I've been trying to catch up on sleep ever since. Not an easy thing to do.

The Halloween Screams fireworks ... A good thing and a bad thing that it's not going to be available for anyone going in September or not going to the MHP. I would really, really love to see them but it will give me one less thing I have to find a way to fit in. I want to get a lot done on this trip and I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time discovering all I can to photograph. I'm going to try not to think about missing out on it.

My planning can finally start getting under way. I know enough to be fully excited! But you aren't alone. I'm hoping we'll get some more treats when we get more information in July. Just no tricks!!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #636
Disney_Canada
Earning My Ears

Worried!

Hey Everyone,
I have been reading the thread and it has made me worried. I have a trip planned with my family Oct 2-10 as my son's birthday is the 3rd. We have been booked for months and this is the first I have heard of a halloween party. Now from what I have read if i enter the party on the tuesday and friday I am going to be kicked out at 6pm and 7pm on those days unless i pay extra money for tickets to a trick or treat party? Please tell me I am reading this wrong and that just part of the park will be roped off for this.

Thanx
DC
Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #637
iKristin

DIS Veteran

I'll post the prices Friday morning when I buy mine Do we know if they go on sale at midnight or later in the morning??

Old 06-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #638
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Canada View Post
Hey Everyone,
I have been reading the thread and it has made me worried. I have a trip planned with my family Oct 2-10 as my son's birthday is the 3rd. We have been booked for months and this is the first I have heard of a halloween party. Now from what I have read if i enter the party on the tuesday and friday I am going to be kicked out at 6pm and 7pm on those days unless i pay extra money for tickets to a trick or treat party? Please tell me I am reading this wrong and that just part of the park will be roped off for this.

Thanx
DC
Hi, Disney_Canada! Well, you are pretty much correct. The party - which used to be called the Trick or Treat Party (TOTP) was always expected to happen during HalloweenTime, as it has for the last few years. The thing is, we all expected it to be at DCA (Disney California Adventure), as it has been for the last few years. I personally don't think that when 2010 began, Disney was planning to have the TOTP in DL (Disneyland). I suspect they were still expecting it to be at DCA. But, when the plans for World of Color (fondly known as World of Chaos) got underway and they realized they would have some logistical problems with the set-up of the viewing and holding areas for WoC, Disney realized they had to rework some things in DCA, and the TOTP became a sudden casualty of that reworking process. The TOTP has now been moved over to DL and is beiing called Mickey's Halloween Party.

So, with MHP being in DL, it will be happening on the dates I listed in my post above. On the Tuesday nights it is happening, Disneyland will close at 6 p.m., as you said. What will happen is that guests who go to DL earlier that day - but choose not to do the MHP - will have to leave at 6 p.m. On Friday nights (or on Halloween night), they will have to leave at 7 p.m. The MHP will start at 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and at 4 p.m. on Fridays, so there will be some overlap time where the party guests and the regular DL guests will be there at the same time. We assume a wristband system of some kind will be implemented to ID the party guests and the non-guests.

The good news is that the only days that the MHP will be happening during your DLR trip are: Tues., Oct. 5th, and Fri., Oct. 8. So unless you want to buy tickets and attend MHP, you will have to leave DL at 6 p.m. on Tuesday and at 7 p.m. on Friday. But DCA will be open, so you can go over there and still have things to do and see (like World of Color).

MHP guests will have exclusive access to the Halloween Screams fireworks. The tickets to MHP will be available for pre-sale this coming Friday and on sale to the general public on July 16th.

I think it will be fine - no need to worry! If the MHP were happening every night of your trip and DL was going to kick you out early every night, that would be a different story. But you will have a fairly long trip, it sounds like, so I think it will be okay. In fact, do you think your son would want to attend Mickey's Halloween Party?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #639
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
It was a rough weekend. I work graveyard on Saturdays and ended up pulling at 36+ hour day because I couldn't fall asleep and I've been trying to catch up on sleep ever since. Not an easy thing to do.

The Halloween Screams fireworks ... A good thing and a bad thing that it's not going to be available for anyone going in September or not going to the MHP. I would really, really love to see them but it will give me one less thing I have to find a way to fit in. I want to get a lot done on this trip and I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time discovering all I can to photograph. I'm going to try not to think about missing out on it.

My planning can finally start getting under way. I know enough to be fully excited! But you aren't alone. I'm hoping we'll get some more treats when we get more information in July. Just no tricks!!
Arrrrgggghhhh...I empathize with the 'no sleep' issues. It makes for rough days, that's for sure. Poor thing!

I don't know what I am expecting or hoping for DLR to throw in the mix on its list of HalloweenTime agenda. Nothing major, of course (that would be the fireworks going to the MHP guests). But just a little something - like a new daytime photo op spot for the villains. I wasn't fond of the spot they had them in last year by IASW. I don't know why. I just wanted them somewhere else more...villain-y. Or maybe they could add in even more decorations this year, all over the park - more than what we have seen so far. Maybe do a little something to the Castle so it looks creepy.

In any case, yes - now you know what you can rule out of doing on your HalloweenTime trip and plan based on what you know! Anything else we find out from here on out will be gravy!

And isn't it nice that Disney listened to your suggestion of starting HalloweenTime even earlier to offset some of the World of Chaos madness? They listened!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKristin View Post
I'll post the prices Friday morning when I buy mine Do we know if they go on sale at midnight or later in the morning??
Good question. I have no clue. Probably early in the morning. Hopefully midnight. I know we are all wondering what kinds of prices we are looking at and how much more than last year is it going to cost.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #640
iKristin

DIS Veteran

I am guessing somewhere between $50 - $60. I don't think they'll do more than that because you don't get the entire day in the park. But whoooo knows, we'll find out in a few days :D

Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #641
Disney_Canada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Hi, Disney_Canada! Well, you are pretty much correct. The party - which used to be called the Trick or Treat Party (TOTP) was always expected to happen during HalloweenTime, as it has for the last few years. The thing is, we all expected it to be at DCA (Disney California Adventure), as it has been for the last few years. I personally don't think that when 2010 began, Disney was planning to have the TOTP in DL (Disneyland). I suspect they were still expecting it to be at DCA. But, when the plans for World of Color (fondly known as World of Chaos) got underway and they realized they would have some logistical problems with the set-up of the viewing and holding areas for WoC, Disney realized they had to rework some things in DCA, and the TOTP became a sudden casualty of that reworking process. The TOTP has now been moved over to DL and is beiing called Mickey's Halloween Party.

So, with MHP being in DL, it will be happening on the dates I listed in my post above. On the Tuesday nights it is happening, Disneyland will close at 6 p.m., as you said. What will happen is that guests who go to DL earlier that day - but choose not to do the MHP - will have to leave at 6 p.m. On Friday nights (or on Halloween night), they will have to leave at 7 p.m. The MHP will start at 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and at 4 p.m. on Fridays, so there will be some overlap time where the party guests and the regular DL guests will be there at the same time. We assume a wristband system of some kind will be implemented to ID the party guests and the non-guests.

The good news is that the only days that the MHP will be happening during your DLR trip are: Tues., Oct. 5th, and Fri., Oct. 8. So unless you want to buy tickets and attend MHP, you will have to leave DL at 6 p.m. on Tuesday and at 7 p.m. on Friday. But DCA will be open, so you can go over there and still have things to do and see (like World of Color).

MHP guests will have exclusive access to the Halloween Screams fireworks. The tickets to MHP will be available for pre-sale this coming Friday and on sale to the general public on July 16th.

I think it will be fine - no need to worry! If the MHP were happening every night of your trip and DL was going to kick you out early every night, that would be a different story. But you will have a fairly long trip, it sounds like, so I think it will be okay. In fact, do you think your son would want to attend Mickey's Halloween Party?
Thanx for the info Sherry,
I do believe my son and daughter would like to go to the party but wasn't sure on how many tickets would be available and the cost. We will have tickets for 7 days at the park but paying for a full day then having to buy another ticket for the rest of your full day is upsetting. I am not a passport holder as i had planned to trade my ticket in when i arrived to upgrade to one. It seems if you have a pass you can buy the tickets this friday. If i bought my pass online would I be eligible to buy the tickets in advance?
Do you know the hours of operation on the tuesday and friday? The party starts at 6 but when would it end?

Thanx
DC
Old 06-01-2010, 11:54 PM   #642
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

We were wondering what time the TOTP ended last year? Do you think it will end after the 9 PM fireworks or will we have even longer to spend in the park?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #643
iKristin

DIS Veteran

it ended at midnight last year I think, I didn't make it past 9:30 haha I was tired

Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #644
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Canada View Post
Thanx for the info Sherry,
I do believe my son and daughter would like to go to the party but wasn't sure on how many tickets would be available and the cost. We will have tickets for 7 days at the park but paying for a full day then having to buy another ticket for the rest of your full day is upsetting. I am not a passport holder as i had planned to trade my ticket in when i arrived to upgrade to one. It seems if you have a pass you can buy the tickets this friday. If i bought my pass online would I be eligible to buy the tickets in advance?
Do you know the hours of operation on the tuesday and friday? The party starts at 6 but when would it end?

Thanx
DC
You're very welcome!

You're certainly not alone. The price of having to buy an extra ticket for the party is what's holding a lot of us back (includng me), I think. It is upsetting. I have to hear exactly what kind of price we are dealing with before I make up my mind, but as iKristin said, it will probably be around $50-ish.

The party - when it was the TOTP in DCA - ended at, I think, 11:00 p.m. or so - maybe another DIS-er here can confirm that (Vala, are you out there??). I would imagine they would do the same thing at DL. Maybe on Friday they would keep it open later than on Tuesday.

That's an excellent question about being able to pre-order the MHP tickets if you buy your AP online. I have no idea for sure, but I would assume that the AP has to be activated first before you can actually purchase the MHP tickets with it and get the discount. I could be wrong on that, however.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #645
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Oh, okay, great! iKristin just answered the question about when the TOTP ended last year!! Midnight, eh? That helps a lot (I blanked out on that).

Well, disneymum58, I would guess that the MHP will still be going on for a while after the fireworks happen. If the TOTP ran until midnight last year, more than likely that's what will happen this year with the MHP. It would go at least until 11:00 p.m., I would think.

When we did the TOTP in 2008, we got tired at close to 10 p.m.!! (Then again, we had no kids with us to demand that we stay longer!!)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: