Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #121
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Sounds like if you get a Showpass early in the morning for WOC, then you can for sure get a spot, I guess it kinda works like a fastpass. That might make it a little less stressful. Still not sure about being crammed in there with 8,999 other people though!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #122
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Sounds like if you get a Showpass early in the morning for WOC, then you can for sure get a spot, I guess it kinda works like a fastpass. That might make it a little less stressful. Still not sure about being crammed in there with 8,999 other people though!
No, that is me. I get claustrophobic in the best circumstances. I can see it now. No, thank you. In my case it is different than it is for you, I will be back sooner than you will.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #123
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Yeah I might have to suffer for an hour or so in a crowd. I should be ok, as long as neither of us have to leave at some point and try to get back. Then I might get panicky. Also maybe the later of the two shows per day would be a little better than the first? That way there aren't as many little ones sitting on Dad's shoulders blocking views. I can see that happening a lot!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #124
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Yay! I get to book our Las Vegas hotel this Friday! So excited about that. We have officially decided on the Planet Hollywood. It will be nice, cause it will be a lot more luxurious than the Quality Inn in Anahiem, but I am also paying almost as much for 2 nights in LV as I am for 6 nights near Disneyland. Oh well, it will be nice, and this booking just makes things that much more official!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #125
kaoden39
Hugs

Watch this video!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...y-and-friends/
Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #126
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!! Stitch really will be there! And Mickey too! This will be the best breakfast ever! Haha.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #127
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Oh my goodness!! Stitch really will be there! And Mickey too! This will be the best breakfast ever! Haha.
I knew you would be thrilled when I saw it.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #128
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, I need a moment to vent. Bear with me for a sec. Someone said something on a thread on here and it kind of ticked me off a bit.

I get that people can have their own opinions and they are free to think whatever they want, but some things should just be kept to themselves.

I get that Michael Jackson was a weird guy. Everyone knows that he was strange. But to say he deserved to die after the things he got accused of is just wrong. Besides, both times he was accused, he was found innocent. If there was any proof that he ever did anything, I wouldn't be defending him right now, but there was never anything.

He has been my idol since I was 1 and a half years old. Not only for his music, but for all the stuff he did to try and help improve the world as much as he could. He donated hundreds of millions of dollars to charity, even in the later years when he was getting closer and closer to being in debt. He started foundations to help heal the world, and even created a burn centre to help victims of severe burn injuries. Does that sound like someone who deserved to die?

I feel so horrible that the last 15 years of his life were so terrible. I probably would have been heavily into the drugs too, if most of my country turned against me and called me every name in the book for a crime that wasn't even committed. I bet the thought of doing something like that didn't even cross his mind. What would you do if millions of people all of a sudden thought you did something that was so horrible that it never even entered your thoughts?

Not only that, even if people really honestly think he did something, then fine, but since it wasn't proven, keep those thoughts to yourself. There are people who adored him, and respected everything that he has done, and it is still a sensitive subject for some. There are a lot of people that are still upset over 9/11 (they have every right to be) that don't want to think or hear about things that are negative or depressing about that day. The same goes for just one death. That person meant the world to a lot of people, and it really hurts to see things said like that about him. He is dead right now, and it's probably because of those people. So please! Keep your negative opinions to yourselves!

Thank you for listening! I really felt I needed to get that off my chest!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #129
kaoden39
Hugs

No one deserves to die. And for someone to say that is just so wrong. Here's one for someone that everyone seems to idolize, Elvis Presley died of a drug overdose on his toilet. Would they think he deserved to die? I doubt it. No one will ever know the truth about what happened with Michael and who are we to judge?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #130
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Exactly. I know a lot of people don't like him, because he was weird. But to say someone deserved to die is just not right, no matter who it is. But when it's someone that people know and could be really sensitive (people like me, i guess) about that person, it really does hit a very touchy spot.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #131
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Exactly. I know a lot of people don't like him, because he was weird. But to say someone deserved to die is just not right, no matter who it is. But when it's someone that people know and could be really sensitive (people like me, i guess) about that person, it really does hit a very touchy spot.
Exactly.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #132
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

What is wrong with me??

Ok, I was just starting to watch a video that someone posted of the Electrical Parade, and as soon as the music started, I started balling! What is wrong with me?? I hardly cry at anything!

Now I am THAT much sadder that I'm not going to be able to see it when we go.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:27 AM   #133
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Possibly adding two people!

So I am in Calgary this weekend visiting family and friends, and I got talking to my brother Garrett and his girlfriend Grace, and it sounds like they might be on board to join us on our trip! We started thinking that it would save us all a lot of money instead of us going on our own, and them taking their own trip sometime in the future. This has got me so excited that I am still up at 2 in the morning, cause now I am re-thinking everything in my head with 4 people instead of 2.

All we have booked so far is the one hotel, so that shouldn't be too hard to change to a 2 queen or double room.

Grace has never been to Disneyland, like Dillon, so it will be exciting to see the park through another newbie.

I guess I shouldn't get too excited yet, just in case they decide in a few weeks that they can't afford it. But I can't help it! Yay!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #134
kaoden39
Hugs

That would be great all the way around. I hope it all clicks.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #135
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That would be great all the way around. I hope it all clicks.
I am hoping so too! I am going to wait until the end of the month before I change anything, just to give them a bit of time to make sure they are 100% in. Then we'll start booking hotels again. I'm not sure if we will stay at quality inn or try for something just a little better. I would like to try for HoJo or something, but it might be a little much unless I can figure out how to get the discounts everyone else gets.

We have AAA, I wonder what kind of discounts we could get with that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: