Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #91
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Yeah I am not expecting a lot to be the same. It almost feels like this is my first trip. I am hoping the churros will be the same, but after 13 years, I am certainly prepared to handle it if they are different! If I don't like them, I am sure there will be something new I will love!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #92
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Yeah I am not expecting a lot to be the same. It almost feels like this is my first trip. I am hoping the churros will be the same, but after 13 years, I am certainly prepared to handle it if they are different! If I don't like them, I am sure there will be something new I will love!
I have only heard positive things about the churros, I don't think they have changed. But I was told they changed the corn dogs and it broke my heart.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #93
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I don't remember much else about the food. I remember getting the Mickey pretzels, but don't really remember if I loved them or not. Only that that was the first thing we did, and the memory of actually being in Disneyland!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #94
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I don't remember much else about the food. I remember getting the Mickey pretzels, but don't really remember if I loved them or not. Only that that was the first thing we did, and the memory of actually being in Disneyland!
I love the pretzels and the cheese sauce. That is the one thing that Kody really wants. Well, that and a chimichanga.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #95
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I have to say I don't know what a Chimichanga is.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #96
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I have to say I don't know what a Chimichanga is.
It's like a deep fried burrito. They were big enough last time we were there that the girls shared one. I like the deep fried turkey legs. Scotty and I shared one last time.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #97
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Those both sound so good! Mmmm!

I read yesterday that PCH has chocolate, peanut butter and banana french toast! Mmmmm! I would be fine with just the banana and the french toast. I almost want to go home and make some right now!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #98
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Those both sound so good! Mmmm!

I read yesterday that PCH has chocolate, peanut butter and banana french toast! Mmmmm! I would be fine with just the banana and the french toast. I almost want to go home and make some right now!
I have heard that the banana french toast is to die for.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #99
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I will probably end up making some tonight, which means I need to work out extra hard at the gym before hand!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #100
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I will probably end up making some tonight, which means I need to work out extra hard at the gym before hand!
Burn those calories before you consume them. Good idea!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #101
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Because I am bored at the moment, I thought I would list off some more things that I remember from my last trip, 13 years ago. I am pretty amazed at how clear some of the things are in my head since it was such a long time ago. I bet Disney has that affect on a lot of people though!

Matterhorn mountain was under referbishments the whole time we were there, so we didn't get to go on that. I remember being pretty disappointed.

Both my Dad and my youngest brother (I have 2 younger brothers) got sick during the trip and each ended up missing a day. I felt bad for them, yet felt relieved that I didn't have to miss any park time.

I remember walking through the DLH grounds and catching the little fountain show they had going on there, while enjoying a Churro.

We were all amazed at how much there was to all the rides there. Every ride was so much more than we had ever imagined. We were completely in awe while on Indiana Jones for the first time. Pirates of the Carribean was also a shocker for us. We weren't expecting that big drop!

I remember having to suffer the waiting times because back then there was no such thing as Fast Pass. The longest wait we had was an hour and a half for our first ride on Splash Mountain. I believe it was Columbus Day that day, so I remember the park being fairly busy.

Captain EO was probably one of my favourite moments there. I have been a fan of Michael since I was not even 2, so being able to see him on the big screen and in 3D was a real treat for me. I think Tomorrowland is my favourite area, as I loved Star Tours as well. Space Mountain is my all time favourite ride. May be because it was our first ride of the trip, but I still remember loving the music that was playing as you started your decent after the big climb. It's different music now. I am a little disappointed about that.

I remember bringing my Mickey Mouse with me on the trip. He sat with me on the plane, and in the bus on the way to the hotel. He stayed in the hotel the entire trip, and I remember being paranoid that a maid might steal him! But I also didn't want to leave him stuffed in a bag while he was in his home town, so I made sure he was comfortable on my bed before leaving for the day. I was crazy like that, might kinda still be (I have a Stitch that sits on my bed during the day. He wears a Calgary Flames jersey I bought from Build-a-Bear Workshop ). I was looking forward to getting another Mickey from the parks, but my Mom talked me out of it, as she said it might end up replacing my old Mickey as my favourite, and of course I didn't want that! So I got Goofy instead. I still have Mickey of course. But he did kinda get replaced years later by Stitch. Is it sad that I feel guilty sometimes?

I also remember bits and pieces of Fantasmic, but my mom and I had gotten into an argument about something, and I stormed off about 20 feet away. She thought I had gone further, and they all went looking for me. I went back to where I thought they were, and they were gone. So I stayed there and watched the show by myself, hoping they'd just come back. But they didn't. So after the show was done, I started to head back to our hotel. It was dark, and it was a little scary walking around by myself. I didn't find this out until years later, but apparently my Dad tracked me down while I was heading out of the parks and had followed me all the way back to make sure I was ok. Needless to say, I stuck close by for the remainder of the trip!

So there's a few more key moments of being in my favourite place in the world! So excited to go back and gain some new memories!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #102
kaoden39
Hugs

Isn't it funny what things stick out in your mind. Your dad following you like that doesn't surprise me. I am sure that you learned a valuable lesson from that.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #103
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I sure did learn a good lesson! I thought it was silly at the time that my mom got so mad at me for walking off, when I was only a few feet away. But as I look at it now, I could see how she would be worried when she couldn't find me in a crowd of hundreds!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #104
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I sure did learn a good lesson! I thought it was silly at the time that my mom got so mad at me for walking off, when I was only a few feet away. But as I look at it now, I could see how she would be worried when she couldn't find me in a crowd of hundreds!
I cannot even imagine her fear, it had to be agonizing.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #105
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, I was on Ebay just now, and since the beginner Stitch Lanyard and pinset are not available right now on the disney store site, I decided to go for a better looking one on Ebay. I won it, and I only paid $6, including shipping! Now I am going to hunt for some pins! Only really want Stitch or Mickey. Shouldn't be too hard to find!

I will post a picture of my Lanyard later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: